HSBG festival

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

YuckyDog1
super poster
super poster

HSBG festival

Postby YuckyDog1 » Wed Jul 29, 10:24 pm

We have are tickets and hotel room. We are there! Now I just need to work on boney and cheech :)

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Wed Jul 29, 10:50 pm

We might look into it. I know Boney is itching for a roady. We do have a guest from Amsterdam coming right after that (yahoo). It's the 1st weekend?

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Jul 30, 12:43 am

SSSSssssh, keep the HSBG on the downlow...it's getting too damn crowded as it is, lol.

peace

YuckyDog1
super poster
super poster

Postby YuckyDog1 » Thu Jul 30, 5:18 am

oops. hehe.. sorry.

YuckyDog1
super poster
super poster

Postby YuckyDog1 » Thu Jul 30, 5:48 am

chichi123 wrote:We might look into it. I know Boney is itching for a roady. We do have a guest from Amsterdam coming right after that (yahoo). It's the 1st weekend?

yes cheech, its the first weekend. Think about coming.

YuckyDog1
super poster
super poster

Postby YuckyDog1 » Thu Oct 08, 9:59 pm

Well we are back and I must say, with such a good line up of artist, it was a big disappointment. It was so crowded that you couldnt even see the artist. Some were drown out by other stages. On the bright side, we smoked some great smoke. We went up to Humbolt county with our friends for a few days afterwards and had a blast. All in all I will chalk this up to been there done that but dont think I will come back for the HSBG festival again.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Oct 08, 10:15 pm

Ruined by popularity, I agree. I was at the Rooster Stage for Marshall Crenshaw, some other guy and Jorma Kaukonen. It was just fine if you were going to stay in one place, Had my chair set up, nice sunshine and great sound. Moving from stage to stage as I did only a few years ago, was impossible. I think that they seriously underestimated the popularity of Steve Martin...he should have been at the big stage area. No more for me either unless there are enough acts at one particular stage that I want to see so I can arrive early and stay put. They were pretty heavy on the "no smoking" thing too. A lot less ganja smoke in the air.

Peace

YuckyDog1
super poster
super poster

Postby YuckyDog1 » Thu Oct 08, 11:26 pm

Amsterfan wrote:Ruined by popularity, I agree. I was at the Rooster Stage for Marshall Crenshaw, some other guy and Jorma Kaukonen. It was just fine if you were going to stay in one place, Had my chair set up, nice sunshine and great sound. Moving from stage to stage as I did only a few years ago, was impossible. I think that they seriously underestimated the popularity of Steve Martin...he should have been at the big stage area. No more for me either unless there are enough acts at one particular stage that I want to see so I can arrive early and stay put. They were pretty heavy on the "no smoking" thing too. A lot less ganja smoke in the air.

Peace

Yes we heard steve martin from behind a tent. Sorry we didnt hook up amsterfan, but judging from the crowd we would have been lucky to find each other. I was at Jorma but we were pretty far back and the rooster stage had the Austin Lounge Lizzards who were heard more then Jorma. I did weave my way down for the last song and bought his new CD. It would be a great festival but I think you hit it on the nail. I think if they charge for it, the crowd would be down but it was free making it very popular. cheers.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri Oct 09, 2:11 pm

How was Jorma?

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Oct 09, 3:16 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:How was Jorma?

Killer!

Peace

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri Oct 09, 3:47 pm

Amsterfan wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:How was Jorma?

Killer!

Peace

Thanks Bo.

YuckyDog1
super poster
super poster

Postby YuckyDog1 » Sat Oct 10, 12:04 am

he was great nyny. I just wished I would of gone towards the front sooner then the last song.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”