A day this week

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

A day this week

Postby Philter » Fri Jul 03, 9:12 pm

I arrived early around 9am, being up all night, but had about a day in glorious Amsterdam, on July 1.

Took care of some shopping at Schipol and caught an express to centraal Station, got a locker right where the train lets you off, and it all went smoothly. It's a bit wierd, leaving all of your possessions like that, after carrying them for a day. I tend to do the homeless person part to an extent when I travel, so except for one carry on bag, I use large plastics bags to store everything. It just suits it seems.

At that point, I made my way to the 420 Coffeeshop and got some of the coveted NYC Deisel as reccomened by our very own Island Girl, and some Pavati Cream hash. Did up a vapo hit of these and got off 4-5 nice rounds of vapo. Both very good, can't say I was in the proper state to make such an evaluation really. The hash is very good but perhaps not an excellent hash, but is a great choice. I managed to maintain a bit for my homecoming. I went back to meet a friend at an outdoor bar near the NH Centraal Station. Had a nice chat and had to get moving. Lucky guy from U.K. comes over 5-6 times a year, taking a 5 hour ferry ride.

The tour continued to take me to Utrechtsestraat so I took the Damrak, continued onto Ronkin, with stops at the E5 for a pipe, I do consider their prices lowest in Amsterdam btw. and for a pharmacy stop. Funny how old age creeps up on you. Much time is spent on this. Not to bring anyone down. Used the Kras bathroom, pretty convenient and good.

I continue onwards not sure if I will really find it, this typical stoned Amsterdam walk and how much do I miss that?

Make stops for a stray coffeeshop that comes up but don't think there are too many till Bush Doctor. I buy some water and more water and finally go for the large bottle of Spa but turns out to be carbonated and looks
and feels unconfortable to carry around so I elect to take a break, finish all the carbonated water, and have a proper rest on one of the benches opposite the Bush Doctor. Haven't been to there in many years. There is always so much to see in Amsterdam. I really also enjoy the music that is played in the places I go into. This is one thing we can't compare here in the USA where I live, shops just put on "lite FM' type of music, of such level that you wish you could ask them to change the music.

His gear is top notch as usual. I am considering his reccomendation of the Algerian weed, his talk on the subject is that they get more sun over there and that is good for the weed. I should have bought some (2 grams @25E) but think about it too late in this trip to get back to them.

So maybe someone can fill in the blanks for me on this weed?

I pick up all sorts of the free Amsterdam guides but cannot find the "Time Out" or that other free paper. What a shame, although I find some great books as well. I get the weed paper out of the U.K. that features alot about seeds and grows so it makes for interesting reading on the train to Frankfurt.

At this point, I am not thinking of time to have to leave but am interested in getting to my destination on Utrechsestraat, so I move on and after some more pit stops I make it there and enjoy the cool air inside and the nice music, and purchase some discs. I then decide to walk to the Albert Cyup markt and this takes some time. I am at this point, decidedly in need of a hotel room and a nap but this is not possible and my time in Amsterdam is very short, I have a train at 18:34 to Frankfurt. I bought this train ticket in leiu of flying there on my original ticket at 15:45 which would have cut my time condirably. I think of this significantly at 1:45 realizing the gift I gave myself.

I wander through Sarfati park, nice and hot and breezy with sunbathers, kids, all types relaxing, though no one lies on the ground with no towel as I wanted and needed to do, so instead I take a park bench along with several others. My breaks are frequent at this point but I get to near the Albert Cyup area and spot a coffeeshop I had never heard of, the nice place, so I go in. It is small, functional. a neighborhood type of place, with a small and simple menu. I took some white widow at 7E, it was fine. The budtender is a very nice fellow, different from the English guy at the 420. Eager to help this one.

Moving along, I get to the Albert Cyup, purchase some tiger balm and packing tape, the balm really helped on the flight. Went to Katsu, just sat there as at this point, I was not really enjoying smoking any more due to my state of exhaustion basically. So I sat there and enjoyed listening in on other interesting conversations, then the owner one of them came in and I had once smoked some vapo with him and Brett & Co, so I introduced myself and had a nice chat, told him How nice it was on my prior land I was in, to have taken some space cakes onto the plane and ate them at the aprtment and walked over to the beach around midnight and enjoyed all that. He admired that. I wonder how people in general feel about smuggling like that even though technically it is an obvious personal use amount, the 2 cakes, technically, it is not within the Dutch law. Anyways who care right?

I am now at this point, where my journey must be in keeping with getting to the Centraal Station, it's after 4pm now. I have some herring in the market, excellemt herring, very soft, silky smooth. I walk the opposite way back taking the Prinsengracht, and onto the Singel area. I wish I could recall exactly how I got over to cross the Damrak but I can't recollect. It seems like an important detail. I always wish I could be more of a master of the streets of Amsterdam but the bubble always bursts at some point. I continue to bask in the glory of a late afternoon in Amsterdam by the canals, sitting on the benches, watching the boats.

I get some 1Euros CD's at the music shop in the market. They have such a section at the back of the shop, and it worth a look.

At this point, the memory is a bit hazy. I make my way via the hotel bathrooms to try to shower - remember the homeless theme, lol.

And do a big shopping at the AH on Dam SQ. I have a 4 hour train to Frankfurt and am sleeping at the airport for i have a 8:30AM flight to JFK on Singarpore air.

Along the way, I stop in at coffeeshops, along the Warmostraadt, Dutch Flowers at some point. It was kind of a sad walk at this point of course.

I had the enjoyment of arriving and also the opposite of leaving all in one day. Although getting to Centraal Station instead of Schipol was a saving grace, as it's to me a part of Amsterdam more so than Schipol could ever be.

I walk around the area near the Damrak one more time and make my way to the lockers. All is well. The train had all reserved seats it was mandatory, and my seat partner has not shown, so that helps as I am so exhausted. I sleep alot of the way although not all, since I had some weed with me, I was a bit apprehensive as I thought she had said in German that the police would board the train at the border area but this was rubbish, my German is not as good as all that, don't let me mug you like that.

The Frankfort airport has some nice benches that spread out a bit like what we Americans would call a chaise lounge. So it is very nice, if a bit wierd as there is very little of the personal space one likes when trying to sleep. But it's a convivial group more or less each one is in their own world of trying to rest before an ordeal called a flight. They have at least one what we call a convenience store open all night. There are actually an array of better accomodations available but I was too tired to explore having to lug all my bags again. I do continue to smoke the NYCD a few times in the bathrooms there. I was a little spooked about smoking a pipw like that outside. Each time I get up to have a smoke, I lose the spot which is how I want it anyway, as the whole scene is a bit of a downer anyway. I always find a new lounge chair though. Apparently there are showers available there. I saw some room called Deuche which I believe means showers but it was locked. This was a room that seemed to be used by airport workers. The remaining weed was left for the next person as I didn't feel like going through the taking of it past security both times although I have less of an issue with the small amount of the parvarti, which is very enjoyable upon my return to where I live. Regretably, I am only comfortable with taking a very small amount.

But I do manage to sleep from 1am to 4 am and then again till 5:32 after they have allegedly opened the ticketing, and I hurry to find their spot. It's weird but I get the exact same row 33, and again as I later discover again 3 seats to myself, which is a great joy.

This was a great little trip and I hope to be able to visit again for longer in October or November.

chas
power poster
power poster

trip report quest'ns

Postby chas » Mon Jul 06, 11:38 pm

Good report. A few questions. What is the "E5" on Rokin and do you remember how far down it is past Dam Square and on what side of street (when walking south)?

How much was the Pavarti Cream at Cafe 420?

Thanks

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Re: A day this week

Postby slither » Tue Jul 07, 3:23 am

Philter wrote:
I buy some water and more water and finally go for the large bottle of Spa...

I am considering his reccomendation of the Algerian weed, his talk on the subject is that they get more sun over there and that is good for the weed.

I understand the Algerians also urinate on their plants to help them grow. The dry soil of Algeria is devoid of any real nutrients, but there is an abundance of Spa Bleu in Algeria. Thus this manner of fertilization is quite cost efficient.

Also: Philippino chicks carry the water, making it easier for the Algerian males to maintain sexual potency into later adulthood.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Tue Jul 07, 11:24 am

Paravarti was 13E per gram. This E5 is on one of the corners of the Dam Sq. northwest. Pipes are 2.50 versus 5 in other shops as an example.
Last edited by Philter on Tue Jul 07, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Tue Jul 07, 11:30 am

slither wrote:I understand the Algerians also urinate on their plants to help them grow.

Nonsense.

I'm guessing the weed was Alegria as well: http://www.smokersguide.com/sg/SmokersG ... php?id=486

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Tue Jul 07, 2:34 pm

slither wrote:
Philter wrote:
I buy some water and more water and finally go for the large bottle of Spa...

I am considering his reccomendation of the Algerian weed, his talk on the subject is that they get more sun over there and that is good for the weed.

I understand the Algerians also urinate on their plants to help them grow. The dry soil of Algeria is devoid of any real nutrients, but there is an abundance of Spa Bleu in Algeria. Thus this manner of fertilization is quite cost efficient.

Also: Philippino chicks carry the water, making it easier for the Algerian males to maintain sexual potency into later adulthood.

^ Chortle ^

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”