Jamaican vacation - day 3

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Jamaican vacation - day 3

Postby dannymac » Fri Apr 17, 3:04 pm

Day 3:

What with much of yesterday wasted, we wanted to actually get some sightseeing in today. With that in mind, we discuss the possibilities with W. over our morning joint on the beach. We actually did get 'lovers leap' off the list yesterday, which just left the Pelican Bar, YS Falls, and the Appleton distillery.

W. suggests a pass on Appleton sp we settle on the other 2. She'll make arrangements for a boat to pick us up and take us to the Pelican Bar, from there her driver will take us to YS Falls and back to TB. Shortly after getting this settled (and finishing our morning joint), Vincent walks up.

We end up chatting a bit, and eventually somehow get to occupations again. I ask Vincent what he 'does for the government'? "National Security," he says. At this point, the mrs. chimes in about how we both had worked for the NSA (National Security Agency) years ago, & what a coincidence that he was in similar sort of work. I immediately had my doubts whether Jamaica had a counterpart to the NSA, and suggested he was in some sort of other 'national security' work. To which Vincent finally admits to - being a cop. Well, this has become rather interesting.

I do take an interest in the places I visit, and had a rudimentary understanding of the crime (lots of it) & policing (corruption & questionable use of firearms)situation. I was also aware of an imminent plant closing, laying of 900+ workers near Treasure Beach. That plus the fact that my step-father is a retired cop, we did have some things to talk about.

To make a long story short, Vincent appears to be a guy, trying to be an honest cop. I really enjoyed our chat.

While Vincent & I were 'reasoning', the mrs. & W. went walking on the beach. It was later that the mrs. told me W. did nothing but complain about Jamaican cops & her contempt for them, including Vincent (who she really didn't even know on a personal level).

Vincent again mentions that he will be leaving today, but W.'s friend is staying on. We say our goodbyes & I wish him a safe drive. In between complaining about Jamaican cops, W. had managed to make our arrangements for the day. The boat was to arrive in about an hour, so we headed off to get ourselves ready.

Captain Ted picks us up at a calm spot along the shore & we head off to the Pelican Bar. Tried our hand at some fishing on the way, with no luck; we did manage to hang with a pod of dolphins for a short while though. I suppose you could say we 'opened the bar', because we had to get the bartender to open the place up. We spend an hour or so drinking, smoking, & a little swimming, before heading off to meet our driver for the ride to YS Falls.

Just as promised, Henry has a fresh bag of smoke for us, so I immediately get started rolling. No problem smoking in the van, as long as we're not in town. Just as with Captain Ted, Henry says he likes the smell but doesn't partake himself.

On the way up to the falls, we pass through 'Middle Quarters' known countrywide for the women selling 'pepper shrimp' on the roadside. These are river shrimp boiled in spicy brine. Really quite good - shell and all!

Although Henry says it'd be okay to smoke at YS Falls, discreetly, it turns out that YS Falls was the only place I saw a "no ganja smoking" sign posted. We did appear to have the only YS Falls 'guide' with dreadlocks though. At 1st I wasn't sure if this 'guide' was just some guy hoping on making a buck, but then I noticed the YS Falls logo on his shorts & the signs stating, "tipping at your own discretion". He couldn't get the mrs. out on the rope swing, but I went ahead and did it.

Anyway, we walked to the top of the falls, did a bit of swimming, watched the hummingbirds, and eventually headed back to TB. Stopped for some 'pepper shrimp' on the way through Middle Quarters again too.

We get back to Taino Cove ready for dinner (those shrimp were really just appetizers). I had mentioned that I wanted to try some curried goat, and found that Angie (the perminant 'staff' at Taino Cove) had already called ahead over at 'Oliver's Dutch Pot' restaurant. I roll a couple for the walk to & from and away we go. It's a short 15 minute walk, with nothing more than a few homes & a couple tiny, ramshackle, shopping strips along the way. Oliver's was at the 2nd, tiny, ramshackle, shopping strip.

I had the curried goat, which wasn't actually spicy enough for my taste; and the mrs. had a seafood pasta - which was too spicy for her, but I loved it. While Oliver had a fully stocked bar, we opted for his homemade lemongrass tea - which turned out to be a great choice!

After chatting up Oliver for a bit, we headed back to Taino Cove, just in time to see that Vincent & company hadn't left yet. Don't know what happened while we were out, but now W.'s friend is also leaving. We wish them a safe journey, and W. informs us that she's taking Angie home & going up to the house for a bit. She tells us we'll have the place to ourselves for a couple hours; lock the front door; turn on the lights when it gets dark...

So we say our goodbye's to all, lock the front door, and settle in for, what we thought would be, a we bit of privacy. So I roll a couple more, the mrs. mixes a rum & coke, and we head for the pool to make ourselves at home. We both take a dip in the pool, and the mrs. suggests that we ditch the swimsuits. I don't immediately agree, so we sit & smoke a joint instead.

Before we get to the point of jumping in the pool sans swimsuits, some guy comes walking around the building, cell phone to his ear, and walks into the main building. The mrs. asks me to go investigate. As I walk up, I see a pickup truck cruising in front of the place. Never seen this guy before, & wasn't told to expect any visitors - so I introduce myself, and ask if he's lookin' for somebody. He just says that he has 'no name', and leaves it at that. What the hell am I suppose to think now?
We end up in a 'stand-off' where we chat about much of nothing, while I try to figure out if the guy actually belongs here or not. Eventually he lets drop the name of W.'s husband, so I figure he does belong here - he's just an obstinate fuck. To confirm the assessment, he makes the comment that he's "not some house nigger, I'm a gangsta" - I assured him that I thought he was neither. Actually, he was here to inspect the back-up generator.

And just to further prove what sort of obstinate fuck he was, he proceeds to piss the wife off with his accusations that Rhianna deserved her beating at the hands of Chris Brown. I guess after this, he decided his job was done and eventually leaves.

When W. eventually returns I ask her if she put 'no name' up to his little shenanigans? And although we had a good laugh about it after he left, I told W., that I imagined they had an even bigger laugh (it was apparent that he went to her house after our encounter). Evidently W. didn't see the humor in it because she was a bit pissed off.

As it was, 'no name' appeared back at Taino Cove later in the evening[/url]. Still playing the tough guy roll, he refused a puff off our joint, instead sucking on his own.

Thus ended day 3 in Jamaica.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Apr 19, 2:06 pm

nice Tarzan move

Tall Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Tall Guy » Sun Apr 19, 2:25 pm

Great stuff, making me want to go ASAP. Nice photos and movies too, cheers for bothering.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Apr 20, 12:01 am

Yeah, nice one, looks cool.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Mon Apr 20, 4:08 pm

That's it, dannymac, next time I'm in Jamaica I'm hooking up with YOUR connection lol

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Wed Apr 22, 12:19 am

Loving the reports Danny....fun and fascinatingly shady at times! They have this suspense / mystery / action feel I'm enjoying.

ChristopherAmsterdam
power poster
power poster

Postby ChristopherAmsterdam » Wed Apr 22, 3:21 am

Jamaica is sweet...good reports...

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby dannymac » Wed Apr 22, 2:23 pm

koopa wrote:Loving the reports Danny....fun and fascinatingly shady at times! They have this suspense / mystery / action feel I'm enjoying.
Even if they are a bit verbose...

Those 1st few days didn't go down exactly as planned, which was just fine with me.

I'll get busy on day 4, and the 'drug bust' we witness (while my pockets are stuffed with ganja & 'gum').

Although, I'd much rather tell you in person, on a sunny day, sitting in front of Amnesia, or possibly The Doors/Bulldog/Rokerij. Which you'll be doing any day now!!

johnyjoe
super power poster
super power poster

Postby johnyjoe » Wed Apr 22, 4:28 pm

Dannymac, I was gonna take my wife and kids to Jamaica, but it sounds like it can be a littel rough. Thanks for the report. They ARE NOT too verbose...ie. LastHamlet verbose.

Your writing is great, keep going with your style bro...the details you choose to write about are interesting.

The pics are great too, thanks for putting the time in....

One day we'll see each other in Amsterdam!!

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sat Apr 25, 3:44 pm

johnyjoe wrote:Dannymac, I was gonna take my wife and kids to Jamaica, but it sounds like it can be a littel rough. Thanks for the report. They ARE NOT too verbose...ie. LastHamlet verbose.

Your writing is great, keep going with your style bro...the details you choose to write about are interesting.

The pics are great too, thanks for putting the time in....

One day we'll see each other in Amsterdam!!

Ditto....

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sun Apr 26, 12:59 am

Dont worry... You can stay in a little compound where you have youre every need catered for as overseen by security.

You wont even have to talk to local people!

balou1999
power poster
power poster

Postby balou1999 » Sun Apr 26, 2:47 am

Great report, looks like you and the wife had a good vacation.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”