Do you wanna' hear about my Jamaica trip? 1st day posted.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Do you wanna' hear about my Jamaica trip? 1st day posted.

Postby dannymac » Mon Mar 30, 1:48 pm

Although I do see Chili Ed has posted a 'CaliMedMarijane' report here, I'm trying to decide where to post my Jamaican trip report.

Should I post it here or over at the 'bar'?
Last edited by dannymac on Mon Apr 06, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Mon Mar 30, 1:51 pm

Post it here...Negril?

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Mon Mar 30, 5:10 pm

yes!
any pics?

s:.

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hobie » Mon Mar 30, 8:55 pm

Your CaLL DannyMac ...

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Mon Mar 30, 9:48 pm

I'm waiting, DannyMac::::::::::::tapping foot lol

Jamaica rocks! I've never been to Negril, but I've been to Ocho Rios many times and Montego Bay, but only flew into there. I'd never stay in Montego, but I'm very interested in Negril. I heard it's as beautiful as Ocho Rios.

Score any good, sticky skunk or black hash?

theron7
regular
regular

Postby theron7 » Tue Mar 31, 3:02 am

post away....i love jamaica...spec the south coast...treasure beach, never heard of ti..google it..its everything that negril wanted to be

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Tue Mar 31, 6:06 am

I'd love to hear about your Jamaican Adventure mon!

Chili

d3kings
super poster
super poster

Postby d3kings » Tue Mar 31, 7:56 am

Fire away mon. Hope dat was some good shit mon.

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby dannymac » Tue Mar 31, 2:19 pm

Give me a few days to put it together. I'll add links to pics as well (the wife took over 600 pictures, + another 30 or so that I took).

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Fri Apr 03, 3:35 am

dannymac wrote:Give me a few days to put it together. I'll add links to pics as well (the wife took over 600 pictures, + another 30 or so that I took).

She did that in Belgium too! Lot's of nice shots! Looking forward to reading about your trip Danny.

ChristopherAmsterdam
power poster
power poster

Postby ChristopherAmsterdam » Fri Apr 03, 7:02 am

would love to see JamRock...Thanks

yogibear
power poster
power poster
Location: AMS 04/19 to 05/02 otherwise slightly inside reality and to the left

Jamaica

Postby yogibear » Sat Apr 04, 10:00 pm

Looking forward to your report. Did you walk the falls? Smoke the Ganja? Drink the Rum? Eat the Jerked Chicken? Now that just doesn't sound right.

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

1st day installment

Postby dannymac » Mon Apr 06, 6:16 am

Jamaica trip report:

Preface: We usually plan for our 'big trip' rather early, and when we were in the pre-planning stages, airfare to Europe was exorbitant. Mrs. dannymac's stated opinion was for no trip this year, I figured we'd just go someplace cheaper. After all, this year is our 25th anniversary. Airfare to Jamaica was less than half of what it was for Amsterdam.
I've been wanting to go to the Treasure Beach area (frequently described as, 'off the beaten path') of the South Coast for several years now, and this seemed like the right time.

Shortly after deciding on Jamaica, the mrs. informs me that she just met Shaun, a Jamaican guy at work. He's young, cool, and his Dad (back in Jamaica) can drive us from MoBay to Treasure Beach & back. It really seems like the right time now.

Book 3 nights at Taino Cove, a little 8 room guesthouse, in Treasure Beach; and 2 nights at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa (just like the Amsterdam Hilton last year, we're getting this one for 'points'). With 2 round trip tickets, total so far is less than $1000.

Early flight out of Philadelphia, so spent the night at the airport Hampton Inn (another free night), and left the car there while in Jamaica.

Day 1: We ended up bringing a shitload of stuff from Shaun, for his family; we also brought some items to donate too. When flying to Europe, we never have any sort of customs form to fill out; when returning to the States, I usually fill the form our honestly. We were presented with a similar form for entry into Jamaica, so like a fool - I fill the form out honestly. US$100 later, we leave the customs hall looking for Shaun's dad, Mr. Palmer. Figured I better replenish my cash, so I hit an ATM at the airport, but it says, "unable to process transaction"; so I hit the other ATM at the airport, and this one just spits out my card. Great start!

The mrs. locates some woman & small child, holding a sign with our names on it. Shaun's sister & niece are evidently joining us for the ride. We load up Mr. Palmer's route taxi, a beat up Toyota, and head for Whithorn, in the mountains of Westmoreland county. But 1st, we try another ATM - with no luck. I end up cashing some travelers checks (1st time I've used them in over 20 years, but there are no ATM's in Treasure beach - I said it's 'off the beaten path').

On the way to Whithorn, we stop at several 'rum shacks' as Janet attempts to locate a bottle of (sp?)Chula Chula (sugar cane moonshine, almost pure alcohol) for the mrs.
Janet doesn't locate any today, but assures us she'll have it when we see them on Friday.
It's about an hour drive to Whithorn, with a stop for Jerk Chicken & Pork along the way.

We pull into the property, where the rest of the family has been awaiting our arrival. After unpacking their goods, and a homemade breakfast of ackee & saltfish - let the partyin' begin!!
Janet runs her own little 'rum shack' on the front of the property where we hunker down to drink Jamaican overproof rum & smoke some pretty good ganja. Actually, the ganja was really good, because our joints were being rolled with some 'gum' added. 'Gum' being Jamaican hash. Janet's husband had wanted to sell me a chunk that was bigger than my thumb, but I told him it was much more than we could smoke in our 6 days. He gives me a little less than 1/2 the chunk for about US$10.

Ultimately, we spend less than $40 for our smoke the entire vacation - mixing hash in most of my joints; of which I'm rolling rather fat to boot!

Afte hangin' & visitin' for a while, we eventually head off for Treasure Beach - another 1.5 hour away. The trip was uneventful, except for several cows meandering across the road as we enter Black River, and the failed ATM attempt there also. We arrive at Taino Cove by mid afternoon and the place is filled with women. Unfortunately, they would all leave the next morning (I guess it really didn't matter, I'm suppose to be celebrating my 25th anniversary). We say our goodbyes to Mr. Palmer, Janet, & her daughter and check into our room.

1st I get whacked for $100 in duties; then my ATM card doesn't appear to work anywhere; it's just about now that I discover my cell phone is missing - SHIT! At $1.99 per minute, I was only planning on using it ever so sparingly, whomever may have it would probably not be so cautious.
While we're frantically trying to figure out where we left the phone, Mr. Palmer comes driving back up the driveway. We had thought that he found the phone, but he was only coming back to return a joint that fell out of my pocket! We searched the car thoroughly, but didn't find a phone. Luckily, one of the women staying at Taino Cove was able to loan me her phone, and I was able to cancel my service before the phone was ever used.

Only issue now was where am I going to get more money & ganja? As it turned out, our proprietor would help us out on both counts. She felt confident that my ATM card would work tomorrow, and if not, she'd front me cash & I could mail her a check when I got back home. She'd get that other item when she went out grocery shopping, and we had it in our hands within the hour.

Ended up just hangin' out the rest of the day, and hitting the sack early.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: 1st day installment

Postby smokedpeppers » Mon Apr 06, 2:40 pm

dannymac wrote:Jamaica trip report:

Preface: We usually plan for our 'big trip' rather early, and when we were in the pre-planning stages, airfare to Europe was exorbitant. Mrs. dannymac's stated opinion was for no trip this year, I figured we'd just go someplace cheaper. After all, this year is our 25th anniversary. Airfare to Jamaica was less than half of what it was for Amsterdam.
I've been wanting to go to the Treasure Beach area (frequently described as, 'off the beaten path') of the South Coast for several years now, and this seemed like the right time.

Shortly after deciding on Jamaica, the mrs. informs me that she just met Shaun, a Jamaican guy at work. He's young, cool, and his Dad (back in Jamaica) can drive us from MoBay to Treasure Beach & back. It really seems like the right time now.

Book 3 nights at Taino Cove, a little 8 room guesthouse, in Treasure Beach; and 2 nights at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa (just like the Amsterdam Hilton last year, we're getting this one for 'points'). With 2 round trip tickets, total so far is less than $1000.

Early flight out of Philadelphia, so spent the night at the airport Hampton Inn (another free night), and left the car there while in Jamaica.

Day 1: We ended up bringing a shitload of stuff from Shaun, for his family; we also brought some items to donate too. When flying to Europe, we never have any sort of customs form to fill out; when returning to the States, I usually fill the form our honestly. We were presented with a similar form for entry into Jamaica, so like a fool - I fill the form out honestly. US$100 later, we leave the customs hall looking for Shaun's dad, Mr. Palmer. Figured I better replenish my cash, so I hit an ATM at the airport, but it says, "unable to process transaction"; so I hit the other ATM at the airport, and this one just spits out my card. Great start!

The mrs. locates some woman & small child, holding a sign with our names on it. Shaun's sister & niece are evidently joining us for the ride. We load up Mr. Palmer's route taxi, a beat up Toyota, and head for Whithorn, in the mountains of Westmoreland county. But 1st, we try another ATM - with no luck. I end up cashing some travelers checks (1st time I've used them in over 20 years, but there are no ATM's in Treasure beach - I said it's 'off the beaten path').

On the way to Whithorn, we stop at several 'rum shacks' as Janet attempts to locate a bottle of (sp?)Chula Chula (sugar cane moonshine, almost pure alcohol) for the mrs.
Janet doesn't locate any today, but assures us she'll have it when we see them on Friday.
It's about an hour drive to Whithorn, with a stop for Jerk Chicken & Pork along the way.

We pull into the property, where the rest of the family has been awaiting our arrival. After unpacking their goods, and a homemade breakfast of ackee & saltfish - let the partyin' begin!!
Janet runs her own little 'rum shack' on the front of the property where we hunker down to drink Jamaican overproof rum & smoke some pretty good ganja. Actually, the ganja was really good, because our joints were being rolled with some 'gum' added. 'Gum' being Jamaican hash. Janet's husband had wanted to sell me a chunk that was bigger than my thumb, but I told him it was much more than we could smoke in our 6 days. He gives me a little less than 1/2 the chunk for about US$10.

Ultimately, we spend less than $40 for our smoke the entire vacation - mixing hash in most of my joints; of which I'm rolling rather fat to boot!

Afte hangin' & visitin' for a while, we eventually head off for Treasure Beach - another 1.5 hour away. The trip was uneventful, except for several cows meandering across the road as we enter Black River, and the failed ATM attempt there also. We arrive at Taino Cove by mid afternoon and the place is filled with women. Unfortunately, they would all leave the next morning (I guess it really didn't matter, I'm suppose to be celebrating my 25th anniversary). We say our goodbyes to Mr. Palmer, Janet, & her daughter and check into our room.

1st I get whacked for $100 in duties; then my ATM card doesn't appear to work anywhere; it's just about now that I discover my cell phone is missing - SHIT! At $1.99 per minute, I was only planning on using it ever so sparingly, whomever may have it would probably not be so cautious.
While we're frantically trying to figure out where we left the phone, Mr. Palmer comes driving back up the driveway. We had thought that he found the phone, but he was only coming back to return a joint that fell out of my pocket! We searched the car thoroughly, but didn't find a phone. Luckily, one of the women staying at Taino Cove was able to loan me her phone, and I was able to cancel my service before the phone was ever used.

Only issue now was where am I going to get more money & ganja? As it turned out, our proprietor would help us out on both counts. She felt confident that my ATM card would work tomorrow, and if not, she'd front me cash & I could mail her a check when I got back home. She'd get that other item when she went out grocery shopping, and we had it in our hands within the hour.

Ended up just hangin' out the rest of the day, and hitting the sack early.

i can almost feel the sand between my toes, i know there's more report coming?

hebe
power poster
power poster

jamacia

Postby hebe » Mon Apr 06, 2:59 pm

lot of contrast there.very poor place but mostly willing and wanting to help as much as possible.stayed at negril years ago and it was like that.lite one for me.....

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Mon Apr 06, 3:38 pm

Wow Danny you need to give me your friends number and I'll help their family out too as I go about once a yr and more if I can. Sounds like they treated you right and gave you great prices to boot. I also wouldn't mind bringing some goodies for them. Do you think the ganj was Skunk? Mine was definitely some form of that strain when I got it in February.

Waiting for the next report, great so far. :-)

candleburn
just in
just in

Postby candleburn » Tue Apr 07, 12:22 am

nice photos and start of a good report dannymac, look forward to the rest when you have the time. i was in Negril for my 25th also, and certainly wouldn't mine going again. for enjoyments sake one has to get out and about to really get the more expansive flavor. that said it does sound like treasure beach area has a good vibe. Negril is by no means what it was when Banana Shout was first built way back when, but great nonetheless.

the herb i had was very memorable...nice and tacky green bud, kinda skunkish strain which i have to laugh about when i look back on it. have had your standard cases of paranoia now and then over the years ( some time for good cause) but never have had the fear. nope, not when i toked the cambodian red rock O nor the liquid version nor other active strains of herb you come across over time. so the wife and i figure we'd sample this sticky stuff in room before buzzing outdoors...well, i don't remember but it was only a few hits for each of us when we flooped back on the bed not saying anything for awhile, hearts racing like some nirto rigs. finally some talking in the vein of....some shit huh, wow this shit....pause for some time then say can you feel your flippin heart, some herb pause i can't go out for anything to drink you go ...no you go and on like that for awhile. yeah, of course it was me who first went out, and later we did move to different levels but, that first few hits was what seemed to me what folks must have meant when they said they got the fear. hasn't happened since. though walking about we stopped and were chatting with this at the time older gentleman and he cut us some of his cake. this too was a great laugh as my wife had a bit of a larger piece than i, so later when we went for a swim she was akin to tripping and i have to say i felt as if i was coming on to some good mesc. please excuse my long wind but you snapped me back to a very good place. one last thing, if you ever get to go to YS falls it is fantasic...up the black river is also worth a go.

theron7
regular
regular

Postby theron7 » Tue Apr 07, 2:16 am

Treasure Beach is a gem for sure! We spent a week exploring the south coast there. Did you make it over to Little Ochie for the best seafood on the island? T.B. will always hold a special place in my heart. We got what they called orange bud when we where there. Even a local we smoked out with on the pelican bar was impressed...I have to get back there soon....

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby dannymac » Tue Apr 07, 5:32 pm

Actually, I think I originally read about Treasure Beach here at Channels a few years ago. Maybe it was you theron7? I remember thinking that it was just my 'cup of tea' as opposed to staying at some All-Inclusive (although we did just that for our last 2 nights).

I'm ready to go back.

more of my trip report to follow...

theron7
regular
regular

Postby theron7 » Wed Apr 08, 3:01 pm

I think it was me danny mac....great photots! We stayed at marblue for our honeymoon and had the resort to ourselves. We would go down to the fishermans co-op in the evnening and buy fresh lobster and fish and then the folks at marblue would cook it up for us. we found a beach, west of TB, that was about 3 miles long and deserted! you could run around buck naked if you wanted, which we did! not a soul in sight. when you reached in the water you could scoop out dozens of sandollars by the handful! (didnt mean to hijack your thread, just excited about TB!)

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby dannymac » Wed Apr 08, 3:16 pm

MarBlu was just down the road a bit from us. We walked passed it on the way to Calabash Bay. MarBlu's chef/owner has quite the reputation in TB.

I'm really sorry we didn't stay in the area longer (reading 'day 2' you'll see how one of our day's wasn't spent quite as planned). But as I said, I'm ready to go back.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”