Leaving for day trip to eindhoven

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Sir Ian of Tokesville
super power poster
super power poster

Leaving for day trip to eindhoven

Postby Sir Ian of Tokesville » Wed Dec 10, 7:07 am

Flying to holland in 1 hour logged on at the terminal at the airport whilst waiting to find my channelites flying companion.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Wed Dec 10, 12:01 pm

oh right, is that today? you and theguest yeah? fucking nice one, boys. have a brilliant day. gotta love them cockerney airports.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Dec 10, 12:07 pm

Have a whale of a time, boys ... I'll look forward to the trip reports!

Peace, Des.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Wed Dec 10, 1:04 pm

Have fun guys.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Leaving for day trip to eindhoven

Postby islandgurl » Wed Dec 10, 2:12 pm

Sir Ian of Tokesville wrote:Flying to holland in 1 hour logged on at the terminal at the airport whilst waiting to find my channelites flying companion.

Have a fun, safe trip, my friend. I look forward to you telling me about it when you get back.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Wed Dec 10, 10:32 pm

from what I hear, the Guest will absolutely adore the Pink Coffeeshoppe.

i hear their Up & Under Indica is to die for.

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Wed Dec 10, 10:48 pm

We are back! Good times were had! Eindhoven CS scene is vastly underrated!

I've been awake for nearly 2 days now so must sign off for now.

shezzuk1

Postby shezzuk1 » Wed Dec 10, 11:07 pm

theguest wrote:We are back! Good times were had! Eindhoven CS scene is vastly underrated!

I've been awake for nearly 2 days now so must sign off for now.

I look forward to your trip report theguest. I flew yesterday with Ryanair to Hamburg Lübeck. Just cost 8 pounds return cos my old man didn't have a visa electron, otherwise it would of cost 1 penny each way. I had a brilliant time in Lübeck, drunk loads of Glühwein with shots of Rum in it, very cold and nice buildings. Alas, I don't really think it warrants a trip report so I won't bother doing one. I think I may now start making plans to live in Germany, bloody excellent place and being in close proximity to Holland, I'm pretty sure that good weed can be bought.

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Thu Dec 11, 2:30 pm

OK guys, here it is:

http://nederwiet.blogspot.com/2008/12/e ... -goed.html

Hey Shezz, I thought the same thing about Germany. If someone wants to move to NL for the weed, why not simply live in a neighboring country seeing as you can just do a border run anyway.

Sir Ian of Tokesville
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Sir Ian of Tokesville » Thu Dec 11, 6:29 pm

So why was The Pink coffeeshop Eindhoven closed ?
Being raided and found with 114 kilo's of weed and hash just might have something to do with it. . . . .

The article below explains . .

''Friday saw the police in a raid in the Eindhoven coffeeshop Pink 250 pounds pot and hashish, worth 1.8 million euros. Hostage calls it “an unprecedented stock� that he can not but come from a large criminal organization. He intends to implement the most famous coffeeshop in Eindhoven as a penalty to close for 1 year.

The region of Eindhoven has sixteen coffee shops at 700 thousand inhabitants. Far too little, find Mayor Rob van Gijzel.

Mayor Rob van Gijzel of Eindhoven does not want coffee shops close, as his colleagues in Roosendaal and Bergen op Zoom recently announced. He just wants more coffee shops open in the fifth city in the Netherlands and surrounding municipalities. But they must be much smaller than the current shops.

“The volume of coffee shops should be substantially smaller,� according to the PvdA mayor. ‘Now, coffee shops mega convert. There is a lot of money, millions. That attracts the back door, in purchasing, a lot of crime. �

''Eindhoven currently has fifteen coffee shops and a Pietermaritzburg. There are far too low for a region with 700 thousand inhabitants. “Amsterdam has 800 thousand inhabitants and 300 coffee shops’, as he made the comparison. Gijzel with his colleagues in south-Brabant consider whether more and smaller coffee shops can be opened.

Because the tolerance is designed for small coffee shops and not for the current coffee shops with mega million turnover. ‘That is no more retail, “says Van Gijzel. Precisely which attracts large-scale crime, he believes. He finds a turnover of 150,000e - 200,000e per coffeeshop appropriate. '

Source: http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/art ... offeeshops
Last edited by Sir Ian of Tokesville on Sat Dec 20, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Dec 11, 8:11 pm

Sir Ian of Tokesville wrote:So why was The Pink coffeeshop Eindhoven closed ?
Being raided and found with 114 kilo's of weed and hash just might have something to do with it. . . . .

The article below explains . .

''Friday saw the police in a raid in the Eindhoven coffeeshop Pink 250 pounds pot and hashish, worth 1.8 million euros. Hostage calls it “an unprecedented stock� that he can not but come from a large criminal organization. He intends to implement the most famous coffeeshop in Eindhoven as a penalty for (4?) years.

The region of Eindhoven has sixteen coffee shops at 700 thousand inhabitants. Far too little, find Mayor Rob van hostage.

Mayor Rob van Hostage of Eindhoven does not want coffee shops close, as his colleagues in Roosendaal and Bergen op Zoom recently announced. He just wants more coffee shops open in the fifth city in the Netherlands and surrounding municipalities. But they must be much smaller than the current shops.

“The volume of coffee shops should be substantially smaller,� according to the PvdA mayor. ‘Now, coffee shops mega convert. There is a lot of money, millions. That attracts the back door, in purchasing, a lot of crime. �

''Eindhoven currently has fifteen coffee shops and a Pietermaritzburg. There are far too low for a region with 700 thousand inhabitants. “Amsterdam has 800 thousand inhabitants and 300 coffee shops’, as he made the comparison. Hostage with his colleagues in south-Brabant consider whether more and smaller coffee shops can be opened.

Because the tolerance is designed for small coffee shops and not for the current coffee shops with mega million turnover. ‘That is no more retail, “says Van hostage. Precisely which attracts large-scale crime, he believes. He finds a turnover of one and a half to two tons per coffeeshop appropriate. That does mean that in the region Eindhoven-Helmond, which counts about 30 thousand users and where the total sales Hard and soft drugs is estimated at over 3,000 pounds per year, tens or even more than a hundred coffee shops to be established.''

Source: http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/art ... offeeshops

Rob van Hostage? Sounds like the victim of a 'Securicor' heist!

Peace, Des.

shezzuk1

Postby shezzuk1 » Thu Dec 11, 8:17 pm

His name is Rob van Gijzel, Babelfish has translated his name...a gijzelaar is a hostage in Dutch. This is why I reckon if anybody translates a page using that crappy babelfish, they at least check first that it makes sense before they post it. Reading this post makes little sense to me.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Dec 11, 8:18 pm

Getting lost is half the fun! You appreciate it all the more when you find what you're looking for!

Peace, Des.

shezzuk1

Postby shezzuk1 » Thu Dec 11, 8:31 pm

For instance there were 250 KILOS of hash and weed found, and it has been closed for ONE year, not four.

And the one and a half to two tons is referring to 150.000 to two hundred thousand euro turnover. A ton in Dutch means 100,000 euros, also near the end, kilos is translated to pounds again which isn't correct.

Sir Ian of Tokesville
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Sir Ian of Tokesville » Sat Apr 25, 9:11 pm

I didn't know you could do this ,

http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/placestogo ... ad4d060000

Could be handy added to a cheapo flight.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”