Mokum in Autumn '08

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Mokum in Autumn '08

Postby islandgurl » Sun Nov 30, 5:50 pm

Started out just as last year with my weird 'feelings'. Had a feeling last yr something was wrong with the plane I was taking over there. Sure enough, it had to make an emergency landing in SC while on it's way to pick me up and had to be fixed, so I lost half a day in the dam. This time I had the same feeling; something was wrong with the plane on the way over, so I told the people waiting for me to check the flight status before I left to be safe. When I got to Newark the plane was already there and we had almost 4 hours until take off again, so I'm thinking all is cool. Nope, we boarded the plane and while we were sitting there the pilot said they found a hydraulic leak in the plane and we couldn't go anywhere until they found where the leak actually was and fixed it. We sat on that plane for 2 hours waiting until they finally told us we would have to de board the plane. Long story short, we took off when we were supposed to be landing in Amsterdam, so I lost a half day again, but my friend was there to pick me up at the airport and had a yummy cone that I smoked on our way to the dam. I had another 'feeling' that the elevator was broken in my 6 story hotel and I knew I was on the top floor. I thought I was being paranoid about the elevator, but it turned out when I got there it was indeed broken, so I moved to the first floor the next day. It wasn't renovated as the top floors were, but it was ok and even gave me a nice little stoner mouse pal we lovingly named Enrique'. He was a cool little dude, so I let him have my apple flap, but he had to promise to stay out of my stash which he did. I love it when there's honor among stoners.

Changed out of the huge jeans I fly in as they were about to fall off of me and to DeKuil we went. I ordered my usual hot chocolate with whipped cream and smoked some NYCD. I always look for the best NYCD while I'm there and as luck would have it, the very first place I tried had it in stock and was the best that I saw. The prices of weed went up all across the board. NYCD was supposed to be 8.50 euro a gram, but it was 10 at Dampkring and they were out anyway. Most places were out of that, so I decided to buy a bunch from DeKuil. 5 grams for 50 euro or 1 gram for 11 euro. I bought quite a few 5 gram bags.

My friend left as he had something to do and it was getting dark, so tutti and I started back to her apartment to see if her husband wanted to go get something to eat with us. He had eaten, so we grabbed a few bites of cheese and headed to the Green Place. I got 5 grams of some nice looking and smelling AK47 for about 40 euro, and a gram of their Caramello hash at 9 euro a gram. Worth every bit, so I ended up going back again and buying 5 more grams. After buying cool matching grinders, we went to Basjoe to meet everyone. I bought a gram of Heaven Haze at 12 euro a gram - VERY nice, uplifting high. We closed this place down every night we were there and it was fun.

Haarlem was on the agenda for the next day so tutti, her husband, and I rode in. I cannot believe how much Sativa has changed and I was VERY disappointed in it. I bought some White Widow (looked nice however just average - don't waste a trip to get it), but they were very strict about the 5 gram rule there now when they weren't before. It's sad as I was able to buy more quantity at the shops in the dam, and the prices weren't much different. Ate lunch in a nice little cafe' on the Kruisweg/Kruislaan where a bunch of locals were eating. I had a bowl of tomato soup with bread that was so creamy and awesome. I was completely stuffed for 5 euro. I had no idea the Corrie Ten Boom museum was in Haarlem until the nice lady that owns it pointed us in that direction. Wow it was cool, but as we were thinking about waiting for a tour, it started to snow quite heavily. The winds were also gusting, so we decided to head back. As soon as I parted ways with them and got into my hotel, it started to snow and hail heavily. I was really enjoying that snow as I haven't seen it in many years.

Back in the dam I decided I wanted to go over to the Jordaan area since I hadn't been yet and hit Picasso and Dampkring. I grabbed a gram of the Picasso special as I was curious after reading about it and it was ok. Taste wasn't the best, but the strength wasn't bad. I also bought the Bio Bio at 10 euro a gram which was good. Down at Dampkring they were out of NYCD, so I tried the G13 Amnesia for 13 or 14 euro a gram. I liked that a lot. Very nice sativa high with a punch. I was floating as I talked with the dudes sitting around me, but what is it with Dutch guys coming on to me every time I'm in a coffeeshop with them. Yeah, I fly all the way to Amsterdam for sex (eyeroll).

Headed back to my hotel to unload and get ready to meet everyone at Basjoe, but encountered gusts of wind that literally almost sent me flying backwards. I had to plant my feet firmly in the ground with all my weight pressed on my back foot and pushed forward with all my might. Sheesh I've been through hurricanes that didn't have that kind of wind! Got to Basjoe, saw James' eyes behind the counter, and said 'I want some of what YOU'RE smokin'!" with a big smile as I was buying a gram of the Bas Special for 11 euro. He said "Go fix it and come back, I'll put something very sweet on it for you." and winked at me. When I brought it back up to him he stuck this hash on the end of my cone that was INCREDIBLE. It actually bubbled after you lit it and kept moving down the joint when you smoked it. Bong saw it and said "Gimme some a that, hun!" and proceeded suckage that would have impressed Clay Aiken. He liked it so much he bought a gram for 50 euro.

Next day I got up late and didn't make it to Basjoe at 11 as planned, but got there at noon. Had a smoke with Bong, Christopher Amsterdam, and Bongs friend. We decided to head out to Katsu, Club Media, and Bushdoctor to get their Cup entries and such. I bought some Silver Shiva at Club Media for 3.4 or 3.6 grams for 23 euro. Very nice indica, smelled wonderful, and had the best prices I saw this trip. I also bought some hash called Fresh because it's what the budtender smoked as I always ask what they smoke. I'll let you know about that one. It was very pliable and smelled good. Katsu had the usual Black Widow, but I didn't buy it this time. I bought something else I can't remember, but I'll find out. Maybe I'll do a separate weed/hash report later.

Sunday day is almost a fog lol I remember going to DeKuil with tutti and meeting up with my friend who picked me up at the airport, who was meeting one of his best buddies from the U.S. as he was getting in that day. When he arrived, we had a smoke, then the four of us went to eat. My friend knew just the place since he was born and raised in the dam, so we had some delightful chicken satay in a peanut sauce. All 4 of us got the same thing lol made for easy ordering. I had the tomato soup there as well - YUMMY. They also had a broccoli soup that looked good the others got. It was upstairs and not for from Rokerij III, so they went to check on D.'s girlfriend while tutti and I waited at Rokerij. I bought some Christmas Pollen hash. Smelled good, but I was not impressed with their gear at all, so we couldn't wait to get to Basjoe when they got back. When we got to Basjoe everyone was there plus others who had straggled in. Got to meet a very sweet girl from San Francisco with the same name as me. We sure had a lot of laughs together. Blueberry was there that night so when Basjoe closed down, she, Bong and I headed to Barney's Uptown since they were now open all night for the cup.

Once there the weirdness began. I laughed all night long just watching Bong under "gay attack". First guy comes up to our table very interested in Bong, but he let him know quite nicely that he was straight. The dude talked for I don't know how long because I was laughing too hard. After he left, another gay guy came up and asked Bong, Blueberry and I if we were going to have a threesome... I almost fell off the chair. "Yeah, dude, we have orgies with everyone... but you." He started hitting on Bong at that point and poor Bong turned to me and had this look on his face I'll never forget LMFAO Ever see Trading Places with Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy? Remember the look on the bad guys face when he was in the gorilla suit in the cage with the real gorilla and the hopeless look in his eyes? That was Bong, you'd think the guy was getting ass raped in front of everyone. He said "IG kiss me quick!" I was laughing too hard so he said "Blueberry kiss me quick!" but we were both incapacitated from laughter so he said "Damn I'm under gay attack here and you girls won't even help me out!!!!" He got the guy back though... gave him some of the strong hash we were smoking and the dude threw up. OMGOSH I still cry laughing when I think about it. We stayed in Barney's until almost 5 am just smoking, laughing, and eating tiramisu. I believe we were the only one's in the whole place not drunk or drinking alcohol.

Needless to say I slept in the next day, guess I got up about 11 and started on my voyage. I still hadn't been to Grey Area because there was a line out the door every time I went by, so off I went. The line at GA was still ridiculous, so I went to one of my all time faves - Amnesia. I was a little apprehensive because I don't like too much change, but this was one place I liked the change. I walked in and they handed me a half gram of their hash entry called Shiraz, when I got to the budtender she gave me another half gram hehe and suggested I get the package they had for 25 euro. In it you received a half gram of their 4 cup entries, a lighter, papers, and filters. Was a good bargain since the cup entries ran from about 12-15 euro a gram. I was glad I got it when I did because the guy behind me tried to buy one and they were out... I got the last one they had at the time.

Sat down and proceeded to break out my smokes. I had a cone of 420 Haze rolled already (it was DeKuil's cup entry), so I started smoking that while sitting talking to some Brit dudes. I ordered my usual ham & cheese toastie for 1.80 euro and a piece of cheesecake. I fill up fast so it's unbelievable how cheaply I can eat over there. FBN came in after I had been there awhile and we started talking. During this time, I had noticed a small bag a judge must have left there with little souvenirs in it, nothing much, really, but I asked everyone around me if it was theirs. They said it had been there since they were there so someone must have left it and told me it was mine now;l it had a hat, some papers, and a cheap plastic grinder from Greenhouse Seeds. The bag was cool because it said "Cannabis King" on the front, so I gave FBN the hat since he liked it and kept the bag to bring home lol hey it was too cool to leave. Some guy asked if he could interview me as I was getting ready to leave and I consented. I'm glad I did... found out this guy was born and raised in Chicago so we had a bunch to talk about and because I gave a glowing recommendation Re: Amnesia, the owner brought me a big cone of Utopia Haze all rolled up in a tube. She's cool, I like the new owner. I was surprised that Amnesia had Barney's entry so I asked about it. Come to find out, Barney's owns Amnesia now or something along those lines. My, my Derry HAS been busy... I think this is the first trip I didn't see Oracle in Amnesia, so Hi A. sorry I missed you.

I was floating on a cloud when I left Amnesia, wish I could go there a few times a week. Ended up at Homegrown Fantasy with FBN and bought some Dutch Dust for 10 euro a gram. Once again, I'll let y'all know how it was *~wink~*

Back to my hotel and on to the meet and greet at DeKuil at 6. There were a lot of people at the meet... so many I missed a bunch in the back that I didn't know were part of it. I went to the table with Blueberry, Bong and tutti and just partied away. My Dutch friend came with his friend from the U.S. and we started partying as well. Ended up at Basjoe smoking out with my namesake and the rest of the usual group. I had things to do that night, so I headed to my hotel while she and Bong went to Barney's. I can't remember, but this may have been the night Blueberry rode me on her bike while I screamed "Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch don't kill me!!!!!!" She just told me to hang on but when I did, I grabbed her left boob. OOPS hey I can't help the fact that she's blessed in that area lol I was terrified and laughing my ass off at the same time. That girl can ride a freakin bike man, I'm gonna start calling her Blueberry Knievel.

Next morning my Dutch friend was "in the neighborhood" and called me to see if I wanted to go and have a hot chocolate at DeKuil. It was so nice to see him, what a great guy, even carried my luggage up 6 stories the first day I got there. We engaged in wonderful conversation as he's very intelligent, which floats my total boat. I smoked a cone of 420 Haze again. I have no idea why I bought 3 or 4 grams of that stuff when I wasn't all that impressed, guess it was out of convenience. I was much more impressed by my Dutch friends weed. After he left to do some things he had to do, I headed to Albert Heijn for the stroopwaffels and junk I bring home. Brought everything to my hotel, bundled it in my suitcase to bogart it from Enrique', and back to Amnesia I went. Grabbed my usual toastie and cheesecake while hanging out smoking and talking with nice peeps. THIS time I finally decided to wait at GA since the line was the lowest I had seen, but still a wait. I grabbed a gram of Grey Martian and boy this was my favorite smoke of the trip. It was incredibly sticky and the smell was delicious. What a nice, clear high. I can't remember exactly how much it was but it was worth the 13 or 14 euro a gram. The LSD was a pretty strong one as well. I would have to say those were the best so far of what I have tried, not counting the stuff I tried from my friend. I still think he had the best weed.

After a day of traveling around, I was ready to go back and meet with everyone at Basjoe. Once again we had a BLAST, except when I got there Bong, his friend, and Christopher were all sitting with some guy. They made room for me and I joined them, however, when our girl from San Fran came in, Bong moved over to talk to her and left me sitting across from the guy they were sitting with before I got there who was tripping his (_[_) off on acid and wouldn't shut up, not to mention you could only understand about 1 out of every 6 words. I couldn't even get a buzz and was ready to choke the guy. Finally I pulled a true "IG move" and left him sitting there talking to himself. Went up to the front and told James I was gonna duct tape his face, so I hung out talking to James for awhile, warming my butt on the heater and proceeded to go back to the table on the other side of the tripper guy, turned my back to him and started talking to our girlfriend and Bong. We got to giggling as usual and I really enjoyed meeting my new friend. We joked how girls with our name are never gross lol I had to get up early, so I didn't go to Barney's with them, but gave 'em a hug, said goodbye and wished them well.

Next morning it was time to go home and my trip was too short. My Dutch friend came and picked me up and took me to the airport, I swear he's da man. I had saved my Utopia Haze cone for the trip to the airport and also had a gram or 2 of hash I downed with some cookies (thanks to my friend). I had bought about 6 space cakes from Basjoe and had 2 left in my bag. I actually brought those home.

I knew I was going to be out when I got home so I took a little chance with a lot of prayer lol won't go into the details, but I acted on my feelings once again and thought "I'll stick the hand held sealer in my carry on just in case." I didn't have any intention of using it, but couldn't shake an uneasy 'feeling' of smell although I couldn't smell anything, so 30 minutes before landing I went into the bathroom with my carry on bag and you can imagine what the people on the plane thought hearing this BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ stop BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ stop BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ stop BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ in the bathroom of the airplane. I couldn't get the thing to work at first, then I realized the baggie was still open at the top DUH! For the first time in my life I was hoping people thought I was using a vibrator. Thought about throwing some loud "Oooohs and Aaaahs" out there, but decided I just wouldn't make eye contact with anyone when I came out. Had a nice laugh on myself when I sat down in my seat though wondering what was going through their minds, especially the flight attendants. I can imagine them going home that night and saying to their husbands "Well honey I thought I'd heard it all..."

Get to the airport, standing there at the carousel waiting for my suitcase to go through customs and I caught something out of the corner of my eye. Before I could turn around, there was a customs officer with a dog right behind me and a man I was standing next to. The dog made a beeline to us, but when he sniffed he couldn't pinpoint a smell because my jacket was there and it REEKED from being in all the coffeeshops. Poor customs officer took the dog to a place on the side and started playing with the toy that helps him detect drugs. I just stood there and watched them, smiling away, and just because I'm me and have to rub it in, I walked right past them when I left with my suitcase and gave them all a big smile while shakin' my (_[_). I think they were more concerned with my (_[_) than drugs.

When I reached my airport I saw my little girl's precious face smiling because mama was home... and I was glad to be here safe and sound. The dam is always fun, but coming home is too.

I'll write a more detailed weed/hash report later.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Sun Nov 30, 6:26 pm

Nice report, thanks for taking the time...

Which airline had the fucked up aircraft?

Newark has long been on my 'do not travel' list...

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sun Nov 30, 6:28 pm

Nice report (despite what Muckypup will undoubtedly say). One thing though...please explain "...with bread that was so creamy and awesome...".

Creamy bread??? Anything like the "soggy biscuits" that our British friends are always going on about?

Lol

Peace
Last edited by Bohannon on Sun Nov 30, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Sun Nov 30, 6:31 pm

What a lovely trip report! I like that you would buy the 5 grams at a time. When I was in Mokum couple months ago with another female Channelite we got hit on a couple times.........but the quality was gross.
Cheech

YuckyDog1
super poster
super poster

Postby YuckyDog1 » Sun Nov 30, 6:59 pm

nice report IG.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sun Nov 30, 7:20 pm

chichi123 wrote:What a lovely trip report! I like that you would buy the 5 grams at a time. When I was in Mokum couple months ago with another female Channelite we got hit on a couple times.........but the quality was gross.
Cheech

lmmfao!

i remember the first time Boney hit on you.... gross.

WTG IGEE! very nice.

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Sun Nov 30, 8:24 pm

My kind of report. I felt like I was with you.

Thanks

Chili

GT
power poster
power poster

Postby GT » Sun Nov 30, 9:03 pm

most fun reading a trip report i've had in ages.
thank you so very much, outstanding job.

RasaLibree
power poster
power poster

Postby RasaLibree » Mon Dec 01, 1:18 am

What Chili said, I pictured myself with ya every step of the way, just makes me more pumped for my trip in June

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Mon Dec 01, 5:47 pm

Thanks for the cool report, you started my day out just right IG.

FitZerOy
power poster
power poster

Postby FitZerOy » Mon Dec 01, 11:40 pm

Good pace...

makes you feel involved...

Ta

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Tue Dec 02, 1:04 am

thanks for taking the time, enjoyed

....some of that verbiage would only qualify one for the half-mile club anyhow

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Tue Dec 02, 2:08 am

Wonderful report, really puts you back there! You have inspired me to look into a winter trip!!!

Bollo
regular
regular

Postby Bollo » Tue Dec 02, 7:19 pm

sweet report, cheers!

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Thu Dec 04, 12:04 am

Nice job on the report IG. Its a shame about the delay at Newark but its better then flying on time in an unsafe aircraft!

woody
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby woody » Thu Dec 04, 2:28 pm

So nobody else thought it was vane, self indulgent tosh, then?

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri Dec 05, 7:51 pm

woody wrote:So nobody else thought it was vane, self indulgent tosh, then?

Consider another line of work, Woodybelle, you suck as a troll *yawn*

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri Dec 05, 8:07 pm

boneymaroni wrote:Nice report, thanks for taking the time...

Which airline had the fucked up aircraft?

Newark has long been on my 'do not travel' list...

Continental "we'll get you there late" airlines, boney lol

But you're right, koop, better to have arrived at all. Sheesh wish I would have known though, we'd have had time to get together as we'd hoped.

Thank you for all the kind words, y'all. I'm making a more detailed weed and hash report with where, how good, the effect, and the prices now... I bought much more than I realized.

luvtick
power poster
power poster

Postby luvtick » Sat Dec 06, 1:30 am

Had fun with you too, IG! I am fortunate to have been introduced to you all by freewheelin frank...the stars were aligned...it was all good...

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby a bollocks » Sat Dec 06, 4:01 am

wait.

i see cleavage and NOT 34b.

USBONGLORD
super power poster
super power poster

Postby USBONGLORD » Sat Dec 06, 1:33 pm

nice ig...you are correct..that dude threw up 3 times if ya remember..terminator hash sends gay men into projectile vomiting fits...and thank god cause i almost threw you at him as a repellant...he would of melted if a woman touched him..lol...as for yer namesake..she rocks too and ya both made me proud to hang with yas....more all nighters next year...you too tutti, blueberry and alicia...i was surrounded by great women and i have the video to prove it,,lol...thanks everyone...and im still not sure what donnys talking about...and they were spectacular...sterling airlines rules

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sat Dec 06, 3:42 pm

USBONGLORD wrote:...terminator hash sends gay men into projectile vomiting fits...

Now that is pretty damn funny! HA!

On a different note... appreciated and enjoyed the Trip Report, IG... :)

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sat Dec 06, 11:27 pm

OMGOSH Ok this is too funny/weird not to share!

Today I get a "bulky" card in the mail that had obviously been damaged in a mail machine. You could see where it had started to rip the envelope and tore right into the sealed plastic inside it. I'm sure you can imagine what was showing as all I had to do was look through the cellophane on the front of the envelope and it was RIGHT THERE; I mean you could NOT miss it, not to mention I could smell it too. Half of the original envelope was torn away for goodness sakes.

However, the saintly postal worker kindly put it in a postal card sized envelope with "WE CARE" in caps on the back of it and proceeded to say this:

"DEAR POSTAL CUSTOMER
The enclosed was found loose in the mail, unsealed, or has been damaged in handling in the Postal Service (whichever is applicable to the enclosure).

When a Post Office is responsible for handling in excess of 5 million pieces of mail daily, it is imperative that mechanical methods be used to maintain production and ensure timely delivery of mail. Damage, however, may occur if mail is not sealed properly or bulky contents are enclosed. The faulty envelope may jam our machinery, causing damage to the faulty envelope and other properly prepared mail as well. We are constantly striving to improve our processing methods to reduce the incidence of damage; however, due to the large volume of mail processed, incidents of damage will occasionally occur.

If the enclosed was damaged during handling, we extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced."

LMAO I just had the post office apologize for destroying the packaging of my weed and sent it on anyway - what a COOL postal worker!!!!!!!

See, they couldn't send it if they told what was in it... it's against the law and I would have gotten a green monster letter, so I'm in the clear lololol wow just wow. Guess they figured if it made it through customs and their machine messed it up... "Merry Christmas to youl!" hehe

I'm still sitting here in shock. Has anyone else here ever had anything like this happen to them? Please share if you have as this is bizarre.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby a bollocks » Thu Dec 11, 2:37 am

wait.

wtf happened to the girls' club?

muckypup
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby muckypup » Thu Dec 11, 2:39 am

a bollocks wrote:wait.

wtf happened to the girls' club?

Yes. I bet you great friends had a smashing time together. Do tell us about it.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Thu Dec 11, 2:46 am

Indeed! How was the partying with Tuttiflutes?

USBONGLORD wrote:i have the video to prove it,,lol...thanks everyone...

Link?

USBONGLORD
super power poster
super power poster

Postby USBONGLORD » Thu Dec 11, 2:58 pm

boneymaroni wrote:Indeed! How was the partying with Tuttiflutes?

USBONGLORD wrote:i have the video to prove it,,lol...thanks everyone...

Link?
oh no no...youll never see it...we will, but you wont...postin hd to the net takes forever..ive sent everyone a copy who deserves it..rest assured in yer feeble brains that it was epic....freindships were made and love blossomed...and continues stronger then ever...see ya all next nov,,,fly sterling air...

muckypup
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby muckypup » Thu Dec 11, 3:04 pm

USBONGLORD wrote:freindships were made and love blossomed...

So I hear. Ho di ho.

BTW, a video that no one can see proves nothing.

luvtick
power poster
power poster

Postby luvtick » Thu Dec 11, 4:01 pm

muckypup wrote:
USBONGLORD wrote:freindships were made and love blossomed...

So I hear. Ho di ho.

BTW, a video that no one can see proves nothing.

I believe...

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Dec 11, 5:52 pm

USBONGLORD wrote:...freindships were made and love blossomed...and continues stronger then ever...

Best to you and Islandgurl... this has been coming on for a while now, hasn't it?

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”