San Francisco Trip Report Medical Marijuana Coops Part 3/3

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

San Francisco Trip Report Medical Marijuana Coops Part 3/3

Postby Chili Ed » Sat Oct 25, 8:37 pm

SANCTUARY
Next stop on our Dispensary tour was Sanctuary. Upon arriving I noticed a grand opening banner out front. I rang the bell and a staff member opened the door and took a look at my rec and let me on in.

First thing I noticed was the dim lighting. It was a cool vibe. There may be some kind of purple light thing going on. The place was quite small, with only three places to sit and all were occupied. The set up was a quality one. I noticed the Vaporizer on a small table. I knew I was gonna give it a go, but I didn’t have the Vaporizer expert with me.

I looked over some of their meds, especially the Candy Kush and Pure Kush. Both were very hi-quality and $20 a gram. I asked the budtender his preference and he said it was the Pure Kush, so I picked up a gram of it and tried it out in the Vaporizer. The other staff member on duty was glad to help me out. The taste was excellent. Very good.

My overall feeling of Sanctuary was a good one. They seemed to have hi-quality meds and a good overall selection including the Blue Dream. I will definitely be back to Sanctuary in the future.

UNAMED DISPENSARY
Later that day I decided to check out one more dispensary that is not listed on WT but can be found on Canorml. It’s on Valencia (inside café).

When I first arrived at this place I thought I must have read the address wrong. It was a sandwich shop. Quite big with plenty of tables. I was a little hesitant to enter, but I had to.

As I entered the shop there were two staff members on duty, they both got up and one went behind the counter to take my order. I told the guy I thought this was a medical dispensary. He said that it was, and asked for my rec. I handed it over and he buzzed me into another room.

I entered the room to see a board of their different strains and a big bullet-proof glass separating the customers from the staff members. This place had a totally different feel than any of the other dispensaries I had visited. I asked the lady behind the glass what their best Indica was and she showed me a couple of different strains. Nothing seemed to be of hi-quality. She would put a small bud on a plate and put it through the slot below the window for me to check it out. I decided to pick up a gram of what I thought was decent. It went for $13.

CONCLUSION
The dispensaries in SF are excellent. Everyone was always nice and quite relaxed. The atmosphere in the shops was great. The prices were truly compassionate. Grams usually went for $15-$20. I saw a lot of nice looking flowers that smelled beautiful. I didn’t see too many familiar strains, I was somewhat surprised by this. I’m so used to walking in a SoCal dispensary and seeing at least five Kushes available, although there was some Kush available in the dispensaries I visited, it just wasn’t as plentiful as I have seen down south. This is nothing negative at all. One of the best things for me was the ability to walk from one dispensary to the next without the need of a car. If I wanted to check one out on the other side of town I could hop on a bus or use the metro. I thoroughly enjoyed my time up North and plan to be back quite regulary.

MY TOP 3 so far…
1. Grass Roots- I can’t say enough about the quality of the meds and the friendly staff. Very nice shop. I made several visits here during my trip.
2. Sanctuary- This is the only other shop I made a repeat visit to. The meds were hi-quality and they have a vaporizer. It is quite a small shop though.
3. Vapor Room- when in the Haight, this is where I’ll be. I liked the lounge area and the meds were good.

Thanks to all the WT’s for sharing the info. It made my travels so easy.

Chili

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Oct 25, 9:24 pm

My complaints about the Cali model aside....a good read.

Our last disgraced Gov. here in NY State (Spitzer the whore master) always said he'd sign a MMJ bill if someone came up with a working proposal. Never happened.

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Sat Oct 25, 10:28 pm

Cat wrote:My complaints about the Cali model aside....a good read.

Our last disgraced Gov. here in NY State (Spitzer the whore master) always said he'd sign a MMJ bill if someone came up with a working proposal. Never happened.

The law was passed in 1996. And finally after twelve years, just a few weeks ago California's Attorney General released guidelines for the law. Before that there was a lot of confusion for patients, collectives and law enforcement.

The fact that the DEA has been attempting to render our medical marijuana laws impossible to implement, is quite important.

Here's a good read for you:
http://www.times-standard.com/ci_104615 ... ost_viewed

Things are quite different here in Southern California, where every first time patient must present their Doctors recomendation along with their California I.D. which is also copied onto the doctors rec and then they call your doctor to get verified.

Chili

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sun Oct 26, 2:18 am

Is the law different in southern CA as opposed to N CA? If so how odd.. Further, can you honestly say you smoke weed for purely medicinal benefit? And then, as a medical marijuana card holder, do you believe marijuana should be licensed for sale to the general public?

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Sun Oct 26, 2:36 am

So Chili it must get dog earred from pulling it out. I have a tax number here that I have to show for resale and that thing has nasty abuse before I get another one.
Cheech

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Sun Oct 26, 2:43 am

Generous_J wrote:Is the law different in southern CA as opposed to N CA? If so how odd.. Further, can you honestly say you smoke weed for purely medicinal benefit? And then, as a medical marijuana card holder, do you believe marijuana should be licensed for sale to the general public?

The law is the same. It's a state law. As local law enforcement are directed by the Attorney Generals guidelines, I think all dispenseries will have the same process by which they verify their patients. The state I.D. card was thought to be the solution to this.

I have had 5 knee surgeries. 3 on my left and 2 on my right. I've been an athlete most my life. I can no longer do many of the things I use to be able to do, but I do like to walk. I use to have to take opiates for pain relief, now I have the option of medical marijuana which I already knew eased my knee pain. California's Propostion 215 along with Senate Bill 420 allows me safe access to medical marijuana.

For the opiates my insurance covered most of the costs, but they do not pay for medical marijuana.

I think the real issue is FREEDOM. Adults should have the right to use marijuana or any other substance if they so choose.

I think many adults just want safe access to marijuana, so they probably lie to their doctors in order to get recomendations, just like those who lie to their doctors for the pain killers.

But, the great thing about our laws here in California is that patients can grow their own and start patient groups.

Remember it's just a plant.

Chili

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Sun Oct 26, 2:48 am

chichi123 wrote:So Chili it must get dog earred from pulling it out. I have a tax number here that I have to show for resale and that thing has nasty abuse before I get another one.
Cheech

I have it in a plastic cover and folded, but it has taken some abuse, and most dispensaries only accept the original copy of your doctor's rec.

Chili

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Sun Oct 26, 2:52 am

I bet it's a joy to show.

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Sun Oct 26, 2:53 am

chichi123 wrote:I bet it's a joy to show.

I remember the first time walking into a dispensery and presenting it with great pride.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Sun Oct 26, 2:58 am

I remember and so do you getting the shiny bright "R" for registered?

I shined it and buffed it and gave it little bathes. My "R" was nurtured and loved. I fed my "R" goed food and the pride was abounding. And now it's 2008.

Cheech

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sun Oct 26, 5:39 pm

As far as I know the maximum validity of a doctor's recommendation is 12 months. Then you must get a new one...therefor they don't really get that much wear. I keep my original in a folder in the car and have copies at certain other strategic locations. There are a couple of good clubs in the northbay like "Cannorganics" and The Berkeley Patient's Group but I very rarely go to them.

Peace...(as far as I am concerned this is just a feeble first step to legal cannabis...documented proof that it isn't hurting anyone...oh and that it produces nice tax revenues!)

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Oct 27, 1:51 am

Chili Ed wrote:
Generous_J wrote:Is the law different in southern CA as opposed to N CA? If so how odd.. Further, can you honestly say you smoke weed for purely medicinal benefit? And then, as a medical marijuana card holder, do you believe marijuana should be licensed for sale to the general public?

The law is the same. It's a state law. As local law enforcement are directed by the Attorney Generals guidelines, I think all dispenseries will have the same process by which they verify their patients. The state I.D. card was thought to be the solution to this.

I have had 5 knee surgeries. 3 on my left and 2 on my right. I've been an athlete most my life. I can no longer do many of the things I use to be able to do, but I do like to walk. I use to have to take opiates for pain relief, now I have the option of medical marijuana which I already knew eased my knee pain. California's Propostion 215 along with Senate Bill 420 allows me safe access to medical marijuana.

For the opiates my insurance covered most of the costs, but they do not pay for medical marijuana.

I think the real issue is FREEDOM. Adults should have the right to use marijuana or any other substance if they so choose.

I think many adults just want safe access to marijuana, so they probably lie to their doctors in order to get recomendations, just like those who lie to their doctors for the pain killers.

But, the great thing about our laws here in California is that patients can grow their own and start patient groups.

Remember it's just a plant.

Chili

Good stuff.

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Tue Oct 28, 7:22 am

Didn't know that there was a cannibis cup in San Francisco, second one coming up on nov11. found it on BO's Cannorganics site, might have to check this out, thanks.

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Tue Oct 28, 1:17 pm

BOhannon wrote:As far as I know the maximum validity of a doctor's recommendation is 12 months. Then you must get a new one...therefor they don't really get that much wear. I keep my original in a folder in the car and have copies at certain other strategic locations. There are a couple of good clubs in the northbay like "Cannorganics" and The Berkeley Patient's Group but I very rarely go to them.

Peace...(as far as I am concerned this is just a feeble first step to legal cannabis...documented proof that it isn't hurting anyone...oh and that it produces nice tax revenues!)

I'll be back in SF next Thursday, November 6th. I will be going to Oaksterdam and I'll try to make it to The Berkeley Patients Group.

Do they have a smoking lounge?

Thanks for the recomendation.

Chili

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”