ODD PERSPECTIVES; June/July 2003 Trip Report. Part #12

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

ODD PERSPECTIVES; June/July 2003 Trip Report. Part #12

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Nov 11, 3:32 am

Day #15 The Last Full Day...

I didn't really want to think about it, but this was the last full day in AMS. A little past Noon tomorrow is departing time, and I don't want to think about that right now. Yesterday I consumed more of the ghanja goods than I ever have in my trips to Holland, in a single day. I am not really looking to match it, yet not fall off the bar too much. I really hope the residual effects of this smoking binge will stay with me until this Christmas, hell longer if possible. I know that is wishful thinking, but you never know when a wish will come true. Then again, I better be careful what I wish for...

I was out of the sack by 10:00 AM, and ready for the world. (After a nice joint of what ever those two weeds were I pulled out of my pouch, were smoked, I wanted to get out on the city). First thing to do is head up to the post-box to drop off my last cards to friends back home. Then just wandering up the street and crossing the Keizersgracht, then passing my nightcap shop (Stix). I noticed the owner's girlfriend was opening the place up again. Goodness, she is quite the little beauty, so I better keep walking... Forget that, I walked on in and got me a cola to start the day off with. I ain't foaming at the mouth or nothing, so a nice view, not stare, can be a wonderful thing to start the morning off with. You know, sometimes it is good to be single. Sure you get lonely, but at least you aren’t tormented for being the 'You' that you really are.
Before I tie that knot again, it will take more than faith or belief that I have the right partner. It will take more than a simulated acting job, by a dam good real life actress. It will take looking into her eyes and knowing she is telling me the truth. It will take a lot more actions, than promises. I am not hardened over and frozen up by no means, but overly cautious indeed. I need and would like someone to be by my side. That is a hard thing to wish for, as I am a most complex creature in life. I don’t think like the average fellow and that can drive most women a little crazy. The problem lies in me, so I will have to find a special person who can understand me. (Yeah, she is coming.)
Oh, where was I at... Yes, smoking a big joint to dust, sitting in the Stix Coffeeshop. Ah, and the casual peeps at the pretty girl. (Oh my goodness.) With the cola empty and the joint a bit of dust, I feel the need for a bite to eat. There is this little deli right up the street on the corner, so I grab something from their case, I really am not sure what it is, but it was similar to the items I got from here before. It wasn't one of your better things of choice, but for on the run, it will do.

Grabbing a Tram #4 to Damrak, still munching on that snack, I found myself headed for yet another of my favorites, Old Style. What luck, there was this awesome looking lady sitting at one of the tables. Well, awesome is self defined from a different set of standards than most have. I like a plainer look, and very little make-up on a woman. Comfortable with herself and not a high maintenance girl either, as I have a rough time catering to the female ego, if that makes any sense??? Nonetheless, she was a beautiful girl, and a blue jeans wearer to boot. I am so spellbound that I could not even utter a single word in her direction. (Again, You women have it going on.) Goodness, women are such beautiful creatures in life's grand scheme.
After she left, the bartender told me she came in a lot, usually in the morning, and she was single. Hey, we are only 4000 some odd miles apart. That’s not that bad is it? (God, what a romantic dreamer I really am...) However, I wonder if I should start coming here in the morning time from now on... Na, just appreciate the scenery and move on. I am lucky she sat there as long as she did. Oh well, with the passing of yet another greeting, I realize that a lot of things in life are 'not to be'. Dam, the 'to be's' and 'not to be's' in life... I sometimes get very tired of being me, if you know what I’m saying? Not to mention that this was my last full day of this trip, alas the luck of the LastHamlet has prevailed again. (Hey, at least I got to come, so I will shut my cake hole.)
I have to finish what I call a small joint (About a gram and a half), of mostly overstock and hash from yesterday. While indulging, I see two fellows come in that are really bizarre looking, I mean really different. . (I have seen the two fellows before) They had Leopard skin pants, loaded with tattoos, body piercings, and wilder hair than I have ever displayed. I have to admire their boldness in wardrobe selection. They actually look like they have arrived from a time warp from the early 80's. Maybe falling right off the stage of a 'Spinal Tap' stage, to get a smoke in the Old Style. Proving again, that this is a favorite hot spot of mine. This shop is so close to Central Station that it tends to get a lot of walk by tourist traffic. That can make for some interesting looks, and return looks as far as that goes.
Sitting in the shop, watching a vast array of people go by can be most entertaining. (Footnote: Dyed Red Hair tends to be of high fashion these days, especially on women.) One thing is for sure; there is a variety in the differences in us humans. We are all different in a lot of ways, so it is no wonder how we seem to all be wandering aimlessly. Or, maybe I should say "Wondering Aimlessly."
After a few more minutes, I head to the Central Station...

Will The Saga End???
Needing so badly to see the 'Homeless Lady' that has been missing my last few trips, I make the most desperate search of my journey. Looking high and low, around and about, and all over, where can she be??? I have to tell you that I truly believe she is an Angel sent to test the mercy of us humans. I know this may seem silly, but you have not looked into her face. I may be mistaken about who this Homeless Lady really is, but I just don't think I’m wrong. After searching for over an hour, I had a strange feeling come over me. Perhaps, the test was over, and the determination has already been made of humankind. On the other hand, perhaps she was indeed one of us regular people. Perhaps someone scarfed her up and made a life with her. I can only hope and pray that this is what happened.
Just maybe someone saw past that rough exterior, into the heart of a real good person. Furthermore, maybe someone cut her a break and reached out because they loved her. With that rough exterior, you think somebody would really do that? Yes, as I would have cut her a break as a human, and I would have wanted her. Truth be known LO was in similar shape when she came to me, and my shoulders ain't that tired yet. I know as much as we wish for things in life, it’s more the duty in playing the cards that are dealt us.
I never will quite understand what lasting impressions her image has left upon me, as I will truly miss the infamous 'Homeless lady'. God, please be with her, and if she is mortal lighten her load. If her load need be redistributed, I'll carry some of it... Since the death of my Mother in 1999, I feel as though I have been in an aimless journey to not only carry the pieces of her, but find out who I really am. Somehow or another I feel that this lady has some of those answers. It may be what keeps me coming back and searching, time and time again.
I cry when I think of this 'Homeless lady', and I am crying right now writing about her. If just for the sake of knowing who or what she really may be, I somehow hope our paths never cross again. In this, I am wishing that she is human, someone did reach out, and they are smiling together right now... All I can say, is someone beat me to the punch. A part of me came on this trip, came here blindly, to do just that...
What am I saying???
I ain’t quite sure.

Even in thinking that this has ended, I know this saga will continue for the rest of my life.

As I was walking away from the Station, I saw a Religious Group set up in the courtyard. Passing out flyers and wishing all a blessed day. One little boy gave me a flyer and scampered off on his merry way. I think it was a way of asking for donations, so I walked him down and handed him a few Euros for his cause. I still have that pamphlet in my case at home with all my AMS memorabilia. Why I held on to it, I don't know, but then again I didn’t really know what makes me do anything I do. Well, one exception, I smoke Ghanja because I love it. I guess this much I am pretty sure of.
With so many lingering thoughts of the saga, I find a walk through the Damrak to be its usual display of all kinds of people. The lady in the bright yellow dress, the men in 3-piece suits, the girl with the shorts crawling up her butt, and so much more. Of course, the crawling shorts were very interesting though. The crowd thins out a lot as you head for Rokin, but then there is this pretty huge construction project going on. This must be the one that 'Hans' from the forum was telling us about. That big ole train tunnel they were going to build. Hans had said this was going to be one of the biggest and most conterversial construction projects ever in AMS. After seeing some of the areas they would have to go through, I would have to agree with him. I can't even imagine cutting through this area underground; there is a canal here for Christ's sake. Hummm, go figure, but I still wish them luck on this project.
Hey, that little snack I ate this morning was wearing off quickly. I cut back through the alleyways, seeing the most interesting places, to make my way to the Beaume Restaurant on Spuistraat. What a nice place to have a meal at. Well, it would have been had they been open. I would have waited but I was some kind of hungry. Beside that I saw a neat little alley that had some cozy restaurants on it, time to try something new... The little Alley was called Rozenboomsteeg, and was a rather small and very cozy alleyway to the bigger street ahead. You could sit there and watch the world go by in a somber way. The alley was quiet, but the busy street to my left was rather hopping. Mostly shoppers lined the streets, but shoppers are interesting as well. In their searches for the perfect gift for the ones back home, and stuff for their own homes. The restaurant I was sitting at was more of a diner. It had deli items, some hot items, and koffie of course. Yes, they also had cola as well.
The name of the place was called "Versa Koffie", right beside a place called "Old Dutch Petit Restaurant- De Rozenboom". In all fairness that place next door did seem to be a little better place, but their patrons appeared to be a little above my class. In an effort to never offend anybody, I elect the road less taken in life. Just as the finishing line goes, 'It made all the difference.' The way I see it, there may be second choices in life, but I felt this was not necessarily my second choice, but rather the best choice for me. Seeing how I ate two broodjes and they were just as good as any I had on the canal fish stands. At 4.20 Euro each, they were about the same price as well. Not to mention the fellow said it was okay to light up a joint on the terrace where I was eating. How sweet, you just know I am gonna leave him a tip.
To use there bathroom you got to go up a narrow spiral staircase, and into the toilet. The funny part is that there is a 5-foot by 4-foot open window right in the bathroom. Hey, I get a little stage fright, so I check to see who could be checking me out. All I could see was a steel gated window/door across the alley, with flower boxes hanging on it. Okay, it seemed cool to take a leak in here. Needless to say, I don't do well in the street urinals either. We all have our downfalls, and that is one of mine.

After a meal and a smoke, nothing beats walking around the Spui area to me. It is so unique and has an interesting charm. Of course, closer to the Kantjil en de Tiger end of Spui is my favorite part. You have Cafe' Luxembourg, Dutch Flowers, Dampkring, quite a view of several churches, and the beautiful Singel canal if you walk through the alleyways. After slow walking the area for a short bit, I decided to drop in at Dampkring. A drop-in was all it turned out to be, as the cat had the only available seat in the house.

Hey, I am not tossing a cat out of his seat. I know the cat is most likely not a paying customer, but has some residential rights, I am sure. Not to mention the critter was here first. It was 3:00 in the afternoon and what they say about Dampkring filling up quick at this time is all true. This was the second time I have been here at this hour, and both times were pretty steady, customerwise that is... Given that, I rubbed the kitty a minute and headed on out.
Well, maybe a walk on the Koningsplein until I hit the Herengracht and make a left. It seems a good time for a mid-day shower, so I continue on this beautiful scenic route and head for the hotel.
A quick shower and some preliminary packing for tomorrow, and of course a couple of bong hits of hash would hit the spot. I smoked those in the midst of loading up my dirty clothes. I always check my clothes for any items that might be a problem coming back home. After the 1995 trip, I just don't need the trouble or hassle. It was a total of $500.00 in fines, that could have easily been $5,000.00 had they not cut the amount by 90%. That was luck of the draw, and had the local Atlanta Police not been busy, that and some time behind bars might have been in my future.
Therefore, when anybody asks me should they bring a souvenir home, I always give them a "NO" answer. I got lucky that day they caught me or the dog caught me I might say. You have to ask yourself this question. "Do you think you will get lucky?" Or, maybe the question, "Is it worth it?" I had a lapse of reason, and thought I was bad,,,,,,,,,, I was wrong. I will never attempt that little fiasco again. I am not saying you are not clever enough to pull it off, with some luck. I am just asking if you think you can fool the nose of the little doggie. Which brings me to why I carefully check each article I put in my luggage for the return home, FEAR.. Yeah, call me scared, but I just ain't prepared to take a chance.
After a few bong hits more I head to catch a Tram #4 back to the Central Area of town. This would be the last chance I would have to blaze some smoke in front of the Siberie web cam. It was not as late as the other evenings I have been, so I don't know if anybody will be there to catch the clouds. Making a 2-gram purchase of the Tiger #1 smoke (How Predictable), and telling Kim this was my last full day, I ask if she would give a note to Roos for me. No problem she said, as I see her all the time and would be glad to give her your note. The note was no more than a Hello with an e-mail address, and a "People Miss You, Roos" on it. Maybe I could hear her say 'WOW' via e-mail. This is one of my favorite expressions, and was suprised when I first met Roos, that it was seemingly one of her favorite words as well. I don't have a patent on it, and it’s just a word. Furthermore, she says it a lot better than me. Nonetheless, it would be good to hear from her, as I have not seen her in over a year.
One last smoke with the gentlemen of the chess table. I remember near the end of the smoke one fellow was talking about an event for the upcoming weekend. I had to respectfully decline and actually tell the fellows this was my last evening for a while. They actually seemed sadden by the news. You reckon I had started to grow on them, personality wise that is? I know even while writing these trip reports, I felt like I was right there with them again. Now, writing about the last full day, I feel the memories of having to part from there. (Dam, I really hate leaving this friendly little coffeeshop.) However, with my 2-gram tiger joint with some hash mixed in was all finished, it was time to head out for some more ‘good-bye’s’.

Moving through the Nieuwendijk, I saw two Muslim fellows. I assumed they were Muslim, giving the turbans they were wearing. One of the fellows was crippled and the other was holding his had and helping him walk. What a kind act of compassion it was to see. However, two other young fellows found it amusing enough to laugh at them. Now, that takes real guts to laugh at a crippled man. Even the thought of laughing at the guy helping his fellow man was a bit on the shitty side in my eyes. I was in such shock, all I could do was to look at the two assholes and give them a ‘F’-You look. I believe there were others looking harshly at the jerks as well. I guess some of us humans never grow up. Not that any of us are really grown, just that some tend to have a little better mannerisms.

With that still burned in my mind, I guess the only way to not think about it was to have the eyes full of something else. Maybe a canal cruise would do the trick. Well, lets see, Meyer's Roundvaart was fixing to leave out on a tour just as I arrived. A 5.50 Euro ticket and I am all aboard for the venture. Leaving just minutes after I boarded, it couldn't been any better timing. It was 7:00 PM on the nose and we were rolling out of their dock in a glass top canal boat, only half full I might add.

I always enjoy hearing the four languages being played over the intercom for the general tourist like myself. This has been an absolutely beautiful day. The hottest day of the trip so far, being a high of near 80 degrees earlier made it quite warm in the city. Given the beautiful weather, people were out on their houseboats and it was business as usual. They were hanging out clothes, having an evening smoke, reading their Dutch newspapers, and just life's general duties and pleasures.

We went right through the Waterloo, with crowns on the bridge and it was absolutely breathtaking. The boat made a right just before the Skinny Bridge and we entered the Herengracht for a slow boat stroll. I remember seeing the 'CommerzBank Nederland NV.' (I hope that is spelled correctly.) We passed the 6 bridges of the Regulars Canal, I think he said. How beautiful to see them all in a line from the water, it is a view that is unsurpassed by land or even one of the bridges. He even pointed out to the left, the house of the Mayor of AMS. These were the 'Golden Age' mansions that were mostly being used for other things now. (Apartments, Small Business's and such) Dam, those must have been the days. However, I don't believe there were any Coffeeshops back then. Maybe there were and they just called them 'Brown Cafes', who knows?

During the tour, they pointed out all the short fences they are called, to prevent cars from driving in the canals. Now I know the weed is good here but dam looks like you could keep your car out of the canal. The intercom voice told us that at least a car a week had to be hauled out of the canal before the things were installed. It was reported that it cost 100 guilders a meter to install way back then, and that was rather pricey for that time period. (I wished I could remember the date they said on the installation..?????) They also told us there are more than a thousand bridges in AMS alone, that is a lot of bridge building.

Then we ended up on the Brouwersgracht and passed right by the Siberie Coffeeshop. (Hey, I wonder if they can see me on the web...) As we were in a harbor area (Oosterdock), I could see some of the bigger boats. I saw one with a logo of 'River Symphony-Queen of Holland' on it. Now these were some nice big boats indeed. We coasted by the floating restaurant formerly know as the 'Sea Palace', where they say the price of a meal gets higher with the floor you are on. (Hence, the top floor is the most expensive.) I have never eaten here, so I cannot verify that being the truth or not. Of course, we also passed the 'Amstel Botel' and nobody was shooting us the moon this time.

The boat returned to its original dock at 7:55 PM and I was out of the boat by 8:00 sharp. A great one hour tour, and every bit as good as the first Meyers tour I took back in 1995. Seeing how I know Amsterdam a little better than back then, the tour meant more to me as a better way to get a bearing on where things were. I would always recommend a canal boat tour to anybody visiting the wonderful city of Amsterdam. There is a lot of Canal Boat Companies to choose from, but I like this one and the Rederij Noord-Zee. The Rederij can be found right across the street from the Rijks Museum, and makes for a real good tour after you come out of the museum.

It was time to say a fond farewell to all my buddies at the Old Style Coffeeshop. (Dam, without the tour boat I don't cover that much ground.) Nonetheless, I treaded back across the Damrak through the alley and on to Nieuwendijk to the Martelaarsgracht intersection. Yep, right across the street and of course tram tracks, stands the Old Style. I really hate having to go in here to tell these fellows 'goodbye', but I guess it’s one of those things that I have to do in life.

Skunk was there as well as the fellow that I resemble. I got me one last bag of the BlueBerry bud to have a good smoke. Skunk was working the wet bar this evening, and I was seated at the back right table, closest to the bar exit. I was talking with him a bit, and telling him I never drink alcohol, but I have to have a farewell drink for a dearly departed, of sorts. He seemed to know I was talking about my ex, as his head bowed ever so slightly. He grabbed me a Bailey's Irish Creme on the rocks and said, this is on the house. Knowing this was one of the few alcoholic drinks that don’t really taste like a hard drink, is what led me to this particular choice.
This wasn't me at all, as I have a very low threshold for any spirits of the kind, but again, some things you have to do in life... In my mind, I said a few words for LO. I was wishing her the best with whomever she may find in life. I was wishing her happiness, but most of all I was wishing that she would be true to herself. She told me once that she could not be herself and be around me. I replied with the comment of, “Why didn't you just tell me who the real you was in the beginning.” Funny, it’s questions like this that I never get any answers for, and that’s just the way it is. Rules change daily and we as men, never know which way to go. We hope that our better half would tell us the way to go, but sometimes they are not even sure themselves. So, with a single move I shot the drink down and wished her a final goodbye.
After a bit it was starting to get packed, so after another thought or two on Roel, the recently deceased owner of the coffeeshop, I made my way to the last views of the city at night. I still had two days left on my tram ticket, but elected to walk instead. A short stop by the AnyDay Coffeeshop to let Igor his shop had the best flavor in the ‘Stella Blue’. I bought 5 more grams myself, but headed out after shaking his hand and making room for the line that was starting to develop. None the matter, I find a bench up the street on this warm summer night and roll up a little joint of AnyDay’s best... Man, it sure has proved to be the most interesting tasting variety of this entire trip. I still can’t summon up the adjectives to describe its wonderful bouquet. It’s just so sweet, and words don’t do it justice.

Making a last walk from there to the Munt Tower, for a spectacular view of the merging roadways and foot traffic that converge in that area. Though not that crowded now, it still has its lively sort of feeling. With several streets winding through here and trams of course, this area is always seeing some kind of traffic. Sitting back on the handrail just on the backside of the Munt Tower building itself, I watched several pulses of traffic go by. Many smiling faces and happiness seemingly has a good strong hold on Amsterdam this evening. Even in spite of the fact that this is my last evening in AMS, I am comforted in knowing that one of these people I see right now has to be on their first evening. In a manner of speaking, it’s like passing the baton to keep the race, or ‘illusion’ we will call it, going on and on. (God, May this dream be continued on forever. May the handing of the proverbial baton, be carried on till the end of time.)

From the Munt Tower to Rembrandtplein, then down to the Stix Coffeeshop to get my nightly ration of colas for the room. The light haired gentleman is working the bar this evening and I wish him a safe time until we meet again. He was all too happy to grab me three colas and sack them up for me. I get a couple of souvenir lighters and five packs of filters, to go with my cola purchase. I feel the need to buy something other than my nightly colas when I drop by in the evening, and I usually do buy something else.

Getting most of my luggage ready for the return trip, I man my normal seat in the window to take my last nighttime view of the summer sky of Amsterdam. To me this is all I ever need to make me a happy camper. A cola, a big joint of some mixed weed and lots of hash, and a view of the city of my dreams. Nonetheless, I cap off a good two more grams before crashing out and sleeping like a baby. Another day of high smoking and 14 grams was the total damage done today. Between yesterday’s high of 16, and today’s near following, my thc-level should be up for quite some time.
It was the hottest day of the trip, with the temperature being right at 81 degrees as a high, and I swear it feels like 69 degrees right now. It doesn’t get any better than this, and I can only hope I never awake from this dream.

If you don’t reach out, you don’t lose or gain.
If you just shut down, you feel no pleasure or no pain.
You have to take that next step, and hope for the best.
Even if you fail, at least you showed up for the test.

The last part of this is coming, I have been writing parts all along.
It’s another strange look inside, It sings a funny song.
A befitting ending to an odd perspective’s trip, and some thoughts that came from within.
Tomorrow I must depart my second home, leaving behind the dream I’m in.

Jujumann
power poster
power poster

Postby Jujumann » Tue Nov 11, 8:17 am

Excellent report, as always, LH. Youve heard this many times but you write one hell of a report on the wonders of the Dam. Down to the nitty gritty. You feel like youre right there with you the whole time. Something to hold me over til i get to head back myself in March. Looking forward to the conclusion report.

Slainte,
JUJU

Newbie Doo2
power poster
power poster

Postby Newbie Doo2 » Tue Nov 11, 11:57 am

Nice one LH, I really could sense your sadness on your last full day.
Wonderfully written as usual, I wish we were back at part 1 again.
One thing struck me, if your "Homeless lady" now has the love of a good person.....would you recognise her? You may have seen her and not known. Just a thought.

Kind Regards
ND2

d3kings
super poster
super poster

Postby d3kings » Tue Nov 11, 1:36 pm

Thanks LH! Another great "mental" day trip through Amsterdam :)

d3kings

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby dannymac » Tue Nov 11, 1:56 pm

I'm disappointed LH! Why didn't you stay for another week or two so that your wonderful trip reports can continue to grace us here?
I implore you to get on the next plane to Amsterdam so we can be blessed by your further exploits in Paradise!

I'm glad I got to meet you and we hadt he opportunity to party together, if only for too brief of a moment! 'Til we meet again..........

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

You People are just way kind.

Postby LastHamlet » Wed Nov 12, 3:08 am

Thanks JuJuMann, Glad to have you read along man. Whew, last part hummm, the part 13 indeed. Strange that would be the number of the last part... Na, just figures... It was a wonderful trip...
ND2, your question touched me in such a way that I was stunned for a while. God, I can only hope that was the case. How wonderfully written, and in the form of a question... I am in awe that you thought to ask that. I never consider that, and it kind of makes me feel good to think about it. Thank You for that perspective ND2, and a grand possibility indeed.
D3Kings, Thanks a lot. A 'mental' day seems to be the norm for me. (Been accused of being a lot mental at times...HeHe...)
D'Mac, it was my pleasure to meet you man. You are a top notch crawler, world class indeed. I really wished I could leave right now and go back, I wished we all could and have a grand Channelites meeting. I just read Dogbreath just got there..... Alas, I am still unsure of a future return date.... Still dreaming. Still Planing..
Thanks to All,
LH

Maid Marian
power poster
power poster

Two Fantastic Reads!

Postby Maid Marian » Wed Nov 12, 3:57 am

LH, these last two parts are just as top notch as any you have done..........
I especially liked the 12-cent beggar in part 11. Not him in particular of course, but how you handled him. Nothing quite like telling someone to Go to Hell, and make them glad you sent them.
ND2 what you said about the "Homeless Lady" was awesome. I think of her somewhat in the same way as you.
LH the canal trip description was so beautiful. I felt like I was right there beside you on the boat. Wonderfully written...... Takes my breath away!!

Thank You for sharing your memories and feelings.......Love, MM

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: ODD PERSPECTIVES; June/July 2003 Trip Report. Part #12

Postby Banks » Wed Nov 12, 4:43 am

LastHamlet wrote:Day #15 The Last Full Day...

If you don’t reach out,
you don’t lose or gain.
If you just shut down,
you feel no pleasure or no pain.
You have to take that next step,
and hope for the best.
Even if you fail,
at least you showed up for the test.

The last part of this is coming,
I have been writing parts all along.
It’s another strange look inside,
It sings a funny song.
A befitting ending to an odd perspective’s trip,
and some thoughts that came from within.
Tomorrow I must depart my second home,
leaving behind the dream I’m in.

As you and I had talked about before your trip, it's the things in life that a person doesn't do that become cause for regret.
I look forward to the conclusion of your report, maestro.

Newbie Doo2
power poster
power poster

Postby Newbie Doo2 » Wed Nov 12, 11:37 am

MM & LH,
Thank you for the kind words.........I really do love reading LH's reports.
When I see there is a report from LH I know I'm in for a great read. Infact I would go as far to say they are like rollercoater rides of emotions and feelings.

I do hope that is the case for your "Homeless Lady", its a lovely thought and one I like to think is possible, but thats just me being the daft romantic sod that I am.

Anyway...Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Kind Regards
ND2

GT
power poster
power poster

Postby GT » Wed Nov 12, 5:06 pm

repent, the end is near....sadly true.

you know, if we all didn't covet our own trips so badly, we could probably raise enough donations from channelites to send lasthamlet back just so we could have trip reports!

thanks for another mental walkabout.

Fooz

Postby Fooz » Wed Nov 12, 5:17 pm

THANKS FOR THE GOOD READ, LH!

Mr. Charlie
super poster
super poster

Postby Mr. Charlie » Fri Nov 14, 10:41 pm

Ah, the still somewhat blissful melancholy of that last day....knowing that all the joy to be experienced from the Dam is soon to be left behind, but trying to suppress the sadness in order to continue to experience the joy. Are you a glass half-full or a glass half-empty person - the last day will tell you. But whichever way you tend, keep your eyes open - you just might be shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Great report, LH. I'm still so glad you beared down and took the trip. It was meant for you to experience as a solo this time around. Next time - who knows!!

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

WOW...

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Nov 17, 5:38 pm

Such the kind words and emotions, Thanks a bunch...
ND2, I do seem to love the rollercoaster’s of life's emotions.
Way to word that Mr. Charlie. "Next Time Who Knows, indeed???"
Yes, Banks we did speak of this very thing, Thanks for the pep talk, I needed it a lot at the time.
"The saddest words to tongue or pen are the words, It Could Have Been.
GT, you are overdue a trip yourself, and your reports were smoking from this year. Maybe we ought to chip in and send you over for some more of those beauties.
Best Regards All,
LH.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Nov 18, 1:31 am

Wow, it is finally drawing to a close. I know the sadness of leaving only too well. Squeeze as much as you want into that last day, it's never enough. Looking sadly forward to the 13th and final installment. I never did comment on the last part, it is a case of me being extremely lazy this last couple of weeks...sorry.

moe.

SuZe
power poster
power poster

What a lucky day....

Postby SuZe » Tue Nov 18, 4:19 am

so, life has been sucking in general and I finally get time to log onto channels (thank god for cookies, I may not remember the user ID and password...eek)....I go to the Trip board first and...lo and behold....an LH trip report, written in that unmistakable style. Suddenly, it's summer again and I'm back in Amsterdam....

Thank you, LH, I really needed that.

xo
Suze

Dano
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dano » Wed Dec 12, 1:54 am

Banks wrote:
LastHamlet wrote:Day #15 The Last Full Day...

If you don?t reach out,
you don?t lose or gain.
If you just shut down,
you feel no pleasure or no pain.
You have to take that next step,
and hope for the best.
Even if you fail,
at least you showed up for the test.

The last part of this is coming,
I have been writing parts all along.
It?s another strange look inside,
It sings a funny song.
A befitting ending to an odd perspective?s trip,
and some thoughts that came from within.
Tomorrow I must depart my second home,
leaving behind the dream I?m in.

As you and I had talked about before your trip, it's the things in life that a person doesn't do that become cause for regret.
I look forward to the conclusion of your report, maestro.

OK I Think we understand the nature of your relationship now

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

nice

Postby chichi123 » Thu Dec 20, 11:45 pm

As Sally Field said, "Last Hamlet they like you ....they really like you!".

Cheech

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Fri Dec 21, 1:27 am

Dano wrote:OK I Think we understand the nature of your relationship now

I'm morally outraged by your use of the word "we" in conjunction with "understand"...

nellie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby nellie » Fri Dec 21, 1:59 am

This was my beloved dope smokin channels community.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sun Dec 30, 9:36 pm

LastHamlet wrote:I have to tell you that I truly believe she is an Angel sent to test the mercy of us humans. I know this may seem silly, but you have not looked into her face. I may be mistaken about who this Homeless Lady really is, but I just don't think I’m wrong. After searching for over an hour, I had a strange feeling come over me. Perhaps, the test was over, and the determination has already been made of humankind. On the other hand, perhaps she was indeed one of us regular people. Perhaps someone scarfed her up and made a life with her. I can only hope and pray that this is what happened.
Just maybe someone saw past that rough exterior, into the heart of a real good person.

Sometimes I think we have a kindred spirit, LH. I love your precious heart, and the way I always seem to understand and get what you're saying and feeling is almost scary lol

Just please keep these coming as I enjoy them IMMENSELY :-)

Hugs,
IG

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Sun Dec 30, 10:37 pm

islandgurl wrote:
LastHamlet wrote:I have to tell you that I truly believe she is an Angel sent to test the mercy of us humans. I know this may seem silly, but you have not looked into her face. I may be mistaken about who this Homeless Lady really is, but I just don't think I’m wrong. After searching for over an hour, I had a strange feeling come over me. Perhaps, the test was over, and the determination has already been made of humankind. On the other hand, perhaps she was indeed one of us regular people. Perhaps someone scarfed her up and made a life with her. I can only hope and pray that this is what happened.
Just maybe someone saw past that rough exterior, into the heart of a real good person.

Sometimes I think we have a kindred spirit, LH. I love your precious heart, and the way I always seem to understand and get what you're saying and feeling is almost scary lol

Hugs,
IG

You two should be spending Christmas and other holidays together, methinks. ;-)

bigblunt
super poster
super poster

Postby bigblunt » Sun Dec 30, 11:06 pm

Anne wrote:
islandgurl wrote:

Hugs,
IG

Seems like holiday love is in the air for these two..I bet if he asked her to go on vacation with him she would..

Dano
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dano » Mon Dec 31, 1:27 am

Depends on how much he has to spend on chocolate

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Mon Dec 31, 7:06 pm

Anne wrote:
islandgurl wrote:

Hugs,
IG

Aw Anne you hopeless romantic, you lololol ;-)

Happy New Year, girl and hope you do it up right over there, miss lucky hehe :-)

Hugs,
IG

PS. Yep I'd go lots of places with LH and we'd never run out of things to discuss, or at times just be quiet and ponder... I enjoy his company; he's a gentleman, which I respect in a man.

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Mon Dec 31, 7:45 pm

islandgurl wrote:
Anne wrote:
islandgurl wrote:

Hugs,
IG

Aw Anne you hopeless romantic, you lololol ;-)

Happy New Year, girl and hope you do it up right over there, miss lucky hehe :-)

Hugs,
IG

PS. Yep I'd go lots of places with LH and we'd never run out of things to discuss, or at times just be quiet and ponder... I enjoy his company; he's a gentleman, which I respect in a man.

Ha ha, I'm not that romantic, really. Romance is a six pack of beer and a good game of footie for me. Oh, and crisps, too.

Happy new year to you too, I'll have an extra drink for you and other Amsterdam missing Channelites when I'm at Nieuwmarkt.

Dano
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dano » Mon Dec 31, 8:02 pm

Anne wrote:Romance is a six pack of beer and a good game of footie for me. Oh, and crisps, too.

You poor sweet girl. I thought everyone knew that romance is tailgaiting at Lambeau Field

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44124451751@N01/137653200/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93591244@N ... 205025713/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skaines/36 ... aypackers/

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/ ... _small.jpg

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Mon Dec 31, 8:43 pm

Dano wrote:
Anne wrote:Romance is a six pack of beer and a good game of footie for me. Oh, and crisps, too.

You poor sweet girl. I thought everyone knew that romance is tailgaiting at Lambeau Field

Haha that Bulldog is awesome.

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Mon Dec 31, 9:05 pm

Dano wrote:

What's that guy in the second picture doing? Before you answer - do I want to know?

bigblunt
super poster
super poster

Postby bigblunt » Mon Dec 31, 10:03 pm

Anne wrote:
Dano wrote:

What's that guy in the second picture doing? Before you answer - do I want to know?
He is drinking from a beer bong..

Dano
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dano » Tue Jan 01, 1:35 am

Anne wrote:What's that guy in the second picture doing? Before you answer - do I want to know?

Several beers in a long funnel held up in the air. Gravity is the devil

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”