oaksterdam instead

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

JerTallJer
power poster
power poster

Postby JerTallJer » Wed Aug 20, 8:42 pm

I have at leat three friends in various areas of CA, and two more in the next two or three months moving. SO The thing would be to finance one of them getting THEIR card. Is there any statewide "registry" or "list" of medicinal users? i.e. could their being a medicinal user for a few months, with a strange doctor, ever come up in their future lives? Just a thought? ANyone know?

Jer

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Aug 20, 11:01 pm

Do employers still drug screen for cannabis in the states where it can be used for medical reasons, and can you get fired for testing positive? I’m referring to people that have the necessary Doctors recommendation.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Aug 20, 11:53 pm

Old Fart wrote:Do employers still drug screen for cannabis in the states where it can be used for medical reasons, and can you get fired for testing positive? I’m referring to people that have the necessary Doctors recommendation.

Yes and Yes, life isn't fair. A court case was already lost.

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Thu Aug 21, 1:13 am

I've driven to "Oaksterdam" a couple of times, and I'm not looking for something special, like keif, or trichromes, I stay at home and do my shopping, way cheaper and better.

Booblarama
power poster
power poster

Re: oaksterdam instead

Postby Booblarama » Thu Aug 21, 1:47 am

patrick wrote:this year i am going to california instead of amsterdam.

Serves you right !

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Re: going to pot

Postby Chili Ed » Thu Aug 21, 2:08 pm

Hobie wrote:Hey Chili and Bo ................

Whats the average price per gram ? in Cali dispensaries . Also can I use My RI Lisence for " medical Marijuana " in California ? Is their a 5 gram limit ......

I have seen prices range from $40-$90 per 1/8 here in Orange County. The Kushes are the most expensive. California is the king of the Kush. Amsterdam is the king of the Haze. I've seen grams for $15-$30. California law allows patients to obtain up to 8 ounces. California law also states that you must be a California resident and doctors recommending marijuana must practice in California.

Already having a doctors rec from another state would be helpful in getting your rec from a California doctor. That is of course if you were to reside in California with a state I.D.

I picked up an ounce of a top Cali Kush for $450 from a Los Angeles shop a couple of days ago. Very nice strain called Pluto Kush from Green Earth Collective.

Chili

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Re: going to pot

Postby tuttiflutes » Thu Aug 21, 2:59 pm

Chili Ed wrote:
Hobie wrote:Hey Chili and Bo ................

Whats the average price per gram ? in Cali dispensaries . Also can I use My RI Lisence for " medical Marijuana " in California ? Is their a 5 gram limit ......

I have seen prices range from $40-$90 per 1/8 here in Orange County. The Kushes are the most expensive. California is the king of the Kush. Amsterdam is the king of the Haze. I've seen grams for $15-$30. California law allows patients to obtain up to 8 ounces. California law also states that you must be a California resident and doctors recommending marijuana must practice in California.

Already having a doctors rec from another state would be helpful in getting your rec from a California doctor. That is of course if you were to reside in California with a state I.D.

I picked up an ounce of a top Cali Kush for $450 from a Los Angeles shop a couple of days ago. Very nice strain called Pluto Kush from Green Earth Collective.

Chili

I am soooooo jealous!
Tutti

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Thu Aug 21, 3:03 pm

JerTallJer wrote:I have at leat three friends in various areas of CA, and two more in the next two or three months moving. SO The thing would be to finance one of them getting THEIR card. Is there any statewide "registry" or "list" of medicinal users? i.e. could their being a medicinal user for a few months, with a strange doctor, ever come up in their future lives? Just a thought? ANyone know?

Jer

If the DEA raid a Medical Marijuana Collective that has your info, then who knows. They raided my local shop and took their computer along with the money and medical marijuana. No one was charged.

There is a statewide I.D. card that is voluntary. For entrance into a dispensary a patient must have their doctors rec and their California I.D. There are certain shops that require local medi marijuana cards, but there are few of these.

Here's the state form:
http://ww2.cdph.ca.gov/pubsforms/forms/ ... ogram.aspx

Chili

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

RI vs. Cali in $$$

Postby Hobie » Thu Aug 21, 3:30 pm

Lately in RI we have Jamician buds at 1250 per lb.

and I dont have 1250 $ .

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Thu Aug 21, 5:15 pm

Just watched the movie Super High Me which has a lot of footage shot in Oaksterdam, LA also has over 300 dispenseries for weed. Check the movie out.

shezzuk1

Postby shezzuk1 » Thu Aug 21, 5:31 pm

Super High Me ranks as one of THE worst docu/films I've ever seen in my whole life. The attempts at humour were so frikkin lame it's beyond belief and it just wasn't funny. Super Size Me was bearable. A complete and utter waste of film/bandwidth/time. 0 out of ten for that piece of shit they published.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Fri Aug 22, 7:14 pm

Norml:

Sacramento, CA: A medical marijuana employment rights bill, AB 2279, which would protect hundreds of thousands of medical marijuana patients in California from employment discrimination, passed the State Senate on August 20. The proposal had passed the State Assembly in May, and now heads to the Governor's desk for his signature or veto.

Introduced in February by Assemblyman Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) and co-authored by Assembly members Patty Berg (D-Eureka), Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) and Lori Saldaña (D-San Diego), this proposal is designed to reverse a January 24th decision of the California Supreme Court in the case of Ross v. RagingWire, in which the court held that an employer may fire someone solely because they use medical marijuana outside the workplace.

The bill leaves intact existing state law prohibiting medical marijuana consumption at the workplace or during working hours and protects employers by carving out an exception for safety-sensitive positions.

"AB 2279 is not about being under the influence while at work. That's against the law, and will remain so," said Assemblyman Leno. "It's about allowing patients who are able to work safely and who use their doctor-recommended medication in the privacy of their own home, not to be arbitrarily fired from their jobs. The voters who supported Proposition 215 did not intend for medical marijuana patients to be forced into unemployment in order to benefit from their medicine."

If enacted, California would become the first of the 12 states that currently recognize the medical use of marijuana to protect authorized medical use patients from being fired based solely on a positive THC test.

California NORML director Dale Gieringer had this to say about the measure. "The legislature was right to approve banning employment discrimination of medical marijuana patients. Marijuana is safer than many prescription drugs that workers are allowed to use, and urine testing has never been FDA tested as either safe or effective in improving workplace safety and productivity."

The governor has not indicated his intentions regarding the measure.

For more information, please contact California NORML director Dale Gieringer or call 415-563-5858

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Aug 22, 7:42 pm

This is all I could find on somthing I heard a while ago:

1341. (08-0009)
Marijuana Legalization. Individual Rights. Constitutional Amendment.
Summary Date: 04/08/08 Circulation Deadline: 09/05/08 Signatures Required: 694,354
Proponent: Christopher Springer

Amends constitution to legalize marijuana and hemp within California and to provide for broad individual constitutional rights, including rights to food, shelter, medical care, and to be free from “unreasonable� taxation. Allows marijuana to be sold in any store that sells alcohol. Establishes local boards with expansive powers, including powers to regulate and tax marijuana. Requires marijuana tax revenues support specified programs. Exempts marijuana sales profits from income tax. Forbids most testing for marijuana used outside the workplace. Prohibits most marijuana, alcohol, and tobacco advertisements. Immunizes marijuana growers and sellers from liability. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local government: Potential savings of up to several tens of millions of dollars annually to state and local governments, which would no longer incur the costs of incarcerating and supervising certain marijuana offenders. Potential costs of up to the tens of millions of dollars to state and local governments to fund the one-time start-up costs of the local boards. A potentially significant increase in state and local spending on substance abuse treatment services that could possibly be partially or fully offset by revenues from this measure. Potential increased revenues in the tens of millions to low hundreds of millions of dollars annually from marijuana stamps and licenses to support specified programs and the local boards. Unknown but potentially significant increase in state and local revenues from collection of sales and use taxes on the sale of Marijuana. Unknown but potentially significant decrease in state and local revenues from taxes on tobacco and alcohol due to a prohibition of advertising for these goods that would likely result in a decline in sales. (Initiative 08-0009.) (Full Text)

I don't know where to sign though.

And This: http://www.sos.ca.gov/admin/press-relea ... 08-044.pdf

Pax

USBONGLORD
super power poster
super power poster

Postby USBONGLORD » Sat Aug 23, 3:27 pm

80 dollars an eighth?..keep yer oaksterdam...just one good earthquake and itll all be gone anyway..lol...enjoy yer fake illness overpriced weed

patrick

Postby patrick » Sat Aug 23, 4:08 pm

pineapple kush here last week was 450 a z.

PrePress420
participating
participating

Postby PrePress420 » Sat Aug 23, 4:30 pm

USBONGLORD wrote:80 dollars an eighth?..keep yer oaksterdam...just one good earthquake and itll all be gone anyway..lol...enjoy yer fake illness overpriced weed

Yer right $80 is way too much.
I'm a patient in California- no fake illness here, but I know what you mean-
I've never paid more than $50/eigth, plus tax.
Usually, $50 includes tax.
Can get it as ow as $12 /gram, but usually $15-20, tax included.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Sat Aug 23, 4:33 pm

Tax on pot. What's this world coming too?

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Aug 23, 5:13 pm

USBONGLORD wrote:80 dollars an eighth?..keep yer oaksterdam...just one good earthquake and itll all be gone anyway..lol...enjoy yer fake illness overpriced weed

Pure jealousy, lol. probably from someone who lives where there are ANNUAL tornadoes or hurricanes or snowstorms etc. etc, lol. (Oh and shitty weed). BTW I have never seen weed as high as $80 per eigth in a club. That would be the very top price I am betting and for some pretty awesome stuff. Didn't someone on Channels mention hash at €65 per gram in Amsterdam?

chichi123 wrote:Tax on pot. What's this world coming too?

It's senses?

Pax

USBONGLORD
super power poster
super power poster

Postby USBONGLORD » Sat Aug 23, 5:26 pm

you dont know where baltimore is do you.....? lol...no storms here man...except occasional shitstorms raging from yer keyboard.....you know what shitty weed is i take it.?.i dont,..lol..have a great weekend....ps ,id rather have a snow storm then my state doing a half gainer into the pacific on the next earthquake...jus sayin...

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Aug 23, 5:29 pm

USBONGLORD wrote:you dont know where baltimore is do you.....? lol...no storms here man...except occasional shitstorms raging from yer keyboard.....you know what shitty weed is i take it.?.i dont,..lol..have a great weekend....ps ,id rather have a snow storm then my state doing a half gainer into the pacific on the next earthquake...jus sayin...

Pure jealousy, lol. I've been to Baltimore, nice city, enjoy your winters.

Pax

USBONGLORD
super power poster
super power poster

Postby USBONGLORD » Sun Aug 24, 1:31 am

thank you i think.....hehehe

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”