May 22-24.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

May 22-24.

Postby Philter » Wed May 28, 3:07 am

Just another powerful, super time. It's just in the smile I have going alot now. Always glad that I am able to make the skip over the pond to Amsterdam.

I stayed at a very inexpensive hotel. the Cornerhouse. It is not for all, but it definetly is a help on streching the budget. Food remains very high, no matter how you try to only go to Albert Heins, you can't always. But at least the hotel is cheap 35 euros a night. Took me back to my youth a litttle with the shower and toilet down the hall, then again, the less time spent in room, the better. I remember the lavisher hotels I stayed at the last few times, and more time, sitting in the room. So once I get over the first night jitters, I am very content with the hotel. IF you like a bar scene as your lobby, which I grew fond of, and plays mostly classic 70's music later at night. It's not a bad deal. Location is excellent, off of Dam Sq. and close to everything.

I spent a lot of time, well 4 times, I walked to the Movenpick, where I stayed Feb. 2006. I enjoy the breeze non stop off the water there on the promenade and discover a cooler way to get there and back, at the very end of Haarlemerstraat you are on the path to the promenade. Since I stayed there in the past I have no problem hanging out a bit there but also the other spots along the way, are a bit of privacy yet being outdoors.

A break from all that Amsterdam smoke, but just a short walk and you are back in the thick of it. I did too much walking as usual but back to normal now.

OK , I finally tried Cheese weed. I must say it is excellent and I doubt I had the best, mine was from Central. but if i say it's good...

Best smoke of the trip was can I mention the Cheesal? also that smoking there in Katsu with the owners personal box, can there be a better gig
The weed of the owner, topped by Morrocan Ice hash, in their water vapo?

All this priveledge granted to us by MHD, yes the vision he has is very clear.

Oh yeah gettting political again, I see in the near future in July some
smaller places will be better off just going all vapo instead of the expense of trying to comply with the no tobbacco laws.

Just my idea there, no rumors. Most weed people are ok with vapos.

Not really a big deal in terms of effect, smoke is probably more comfort habbit anyway.

Other hashes were the Super polm at either Hunters or Hill St. Blues. I think HSB, 4 grams 20 Euros special. Other hash was the Nepal cream, they call it, at Blues Brother. Pretty good.

Saw Tak and Holly in the Noodermarket commandeering an adoring and vibrant crowd of customers. Well done.

Got lost alot, kicked around the RLD, visited old friends, tried and did go to many places I haven't been for awhile.

Met Charles from NJ, finally saw the Brouer Hotel, quite a nifty place really worth staying at some time.

All in all, nothing bad happened, which it hardly ever does but one hears things. So I am really thankful that I bring back such great memories
of this vibrant trip, that will last a lifetime or until October. Thank you Amsterdam for another great and inspiring visit.

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Wed May 28, 7:33 am

hey thanks for the report. When you mention going a lot, have you moved to UK or something by the sounds of it?

I am quite worried for the CS scene with the smoking ban which is why I will be shortly visiting again, before the ban. Damn this ban!!!!

Finding some weed which has actually been cured properly is going to be the main goal of future missions, methinks.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Wed May 28, 11:32 am

Philter, apologies for not making the meet.

The Cheese from Central is a good example of Big Buddas Cheese, the flavour is there.

MHD's Cheisel was very nice, did you try his Diesel? that was better.

theguest - Didn't really have a problem with badly dried/cured weed this trip, Katsu's wasn't the best but the worst offender for me was the Maple Syrup from The Green Place, E12 a gram and needed leaving out overnight to make it smokeable in a pure joint.

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Wed May 28, 12:15 pm

cheers boner. I don't normally do it but next trip I will be looking and feeling my buds before buying :)

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Wed May 28, 6:56 pm

Nope I am still in USA. the cheisel of MHS is superb.Maybe next trip we can meet.

running wild
power poster
power poster

Postby running wild » Mon Jun 02, 12:10 am

Thanks for the Trip Report. I believe that we will all get use to the smoking ban, change is always complicated at first. I've stayed at Stayokay Youth Hostel throughout the Netherlands - Amsterdam, the Hague, Rotterdam, Maastrict, Haarlem and Arnheim. One can not smoke there, taking a walk down the street or a stroll through the woods is super. Going through the Major Parks to smoke a dubbie while sitting on a park bench is at times a piece of heaven not found here in the United States very often. Also stayed at the Bulldog Youth Hostel. It's been okay for me. There are lots of new people to hang with and have a pretty wild time. Quiet a few people my age don't smoke weed, but that's okay. I've managed to introduce some older people to the Coffeeshop environment so that they can have a more fair assessment of responsible cannabis users and their point of view was mellowed and more accepting than if I had only hung with "weed smoking people". Youth hostels are cheaper when you book a dorm. Like you say we've got to save a little money - things are more expensive than just spending more just on a room, although I do like private rooms better. Being 53 I've met some younger as well as older people when they have finished leave their vacation expeienced that The Netherlands is a gem and wish more places on this planet would be similar. I hope that we rally all on this channel to rally for a worth while cause: freedom for self and others with respect.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”