Amsterdam Anecdotes 2008

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Mon May 12, 11:44 pm

tuttiflutes wrote:Koopa,
next April I want to follow your trip report...I'm really bad with directions and will need my new channelite friends as guides....

It es really nice meeting all of you...

Its all good Tutti...after 9 trips to Amsterdam I still need a guide to get to lots of locations! It was nice meeting you too!

SlyCrayon
super poster
super poster

Postby SlyCrayon » Sun May 25, 9:59 pm

Thank you for remembering so much, Koopa. Takes me right back to Amsterdam. Pleased to have met you--a gentleman and connoisseur.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sat May 31, 6:55 pm

SlyCrayon wrote:Thank you for remembering so much, Koopa. Takes me right back to Amsterdam. Pleased to have met you--a gentleman and connoisseur.

Oh Sly your the best! Hope to spend more good times with you in the future!

running wild
power poster
power poster

Postby running wild » Sun Jun 01, 11:49 pm

Thanks for the awesome Trip Report! What was your favorite Belgium beer? I've got to pick up a decent beer for a friend when I come back in September. Usually I bring back a Duvel. I've got an ice cold one of them in the fridge now, just in case I run out of beer :-)

Bollo
regular
regular

Postby Bollo » Mon Jun 02, 1:26 am

sweet report koopa, cheers

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Tue Jun 17, 2:20 am

A bit too sterile and de rigeur for my taste, Koop, but a nice recounting.

Elaborate: How did you feel? Describe the moment.

Don't play the sophmoric positivist; be reflective yet tactile.

You will not regret it.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Thu Jun 19, 1:18 am

slither wrote:A bit too sterile and de rigeur for my taste, Koop, but a nice recounting.

You will not regret it.

I share what I choose to and do so without regard for whether the audience enjoys it or not.
Last edited by koopa on Thu Jun 19, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Thu Jun 19, 1:19 am

slither wrote:A bit too sterile and de rigeur for my taste, Koop, but a nice recounting.

You will not regret it.

you write one dickbump.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Jun 19, 7:18 pm

Now this was an excellent report, and Many Thanks for taking the time it must have taken, Koopa.

Funny how when I got to the part about the Beers in the bar, I was just the other day thinking about that night. Though Beer is not my specialty, you fellows really knew your stuff. I remember several conversations about the subject, especially one that Koopa was telling me about several of the finer Beers... I had a fully rolled joint and of course you don't light those up in there, but you know, with all the good conversation, I didn't even need it.

I never knew that the subject of Beer could be so refreshing, but it surly was... Much admiration, fellows.
Again, Many Thanks Koopa, this was EXCELLENT.

BTW, I am going to try and make it to the DannyMac party this year, HOPEFULLY, pending me work schedule.
Fingers Crossed :-)

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Thu Jun 19, 11:32 pm

LastHamlet wrote:Now this was an excellent report, and Many Thanks for taking the time it must have taken, Koopa.

Funny how when I got to the part about the Beers in the bar, I was just the other day thinking about that night. Though Beer is not my specialty, you fellows really knew your stuff. I remember several conversations about the subject, especially one that Koopa was telling me about several of the finer Beers... I had a fully rolled joint and of course you don't light those up in there, but you know, with all the good conversation, I didn't even need it.

I never knew that the subject of Beer could be so refreshing, but it surly was... Much admiration, fellows.

BTW, I am going to try and make it to the DannyMac party this year, HOPEFULLY, pending me work schedule.

Glad you found the topic interesting LH. I really hope you can make Dannys get together this year. I had concert tickets on that date last year so I missed it but I have every intention on making it this year. Has he settled on a date for the event yet?

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby dannymac » Fri Jun 20, 7:01 am

koopa wrote:
LastHamlet wrote:...Funny how when I got to the part about the Beers in the bar,...

Glad you found the topic interesting LH. I really hope you can make Dannys get together this year. I had concert tickets on that date last year so I missed it but I have every intention on making it this year. Has he settled on a date for the event yet?
Having just checked the wife's schedule, the tentative date looks to be the weekend of 16 August.
We may be having a change of venue to my sister-in-law's place. It's in the valley, 10 acres with a "swimmin' hole".
There'll be room to pitch a tent or park an RV.

Yeah, Koopa really spoiled me on the beers too. Ever since returning, the Coors in the fridge (okay, so it's always been there for company anyway) has been collecting dust, while I've been sampling the 5$ a bottle beers, at the specialty shop a couple block walk from the house.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Fri Jun 20, 12:44 pm

dannymac wrote:
koopa wrote:
LastHamlet wrote:...Funny how when I got to the part about the Beers in the bar,...

Having just checked the wife's schedule, the tentative date looks to be the weekend of 16 August.
We may be having a change of venue to my sister-in-law's place. It's in the valley, 10 acres with a "swimmin' hole".
There'll be room to pitch a tent or park an RV.

Yeah, Koopa really spoiled me on the beers too. Ever since returning, the Coors in the fridge (okay, so it's always been there for company anyway) has been collecting dust, while I've been sampling the 5$ a bottle beers, at the specialty shop a couple block walk from the house.

Enjoy those specialty shop beers Danny while they will hurt the wallet they will please the taste buds!

FYI: Not that I expect your plans to change for my schedule (it would be nice though!) but my band is playing a gig on August 16th. This is pretty much the only bad weekend in August for me when I wouldn't be able to make the party. Any chance August 23rd would work?

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Wed Jun 25, 8:02 pm

koopa wrote:

You will not regret it.

I share what I choose to and do so without regard for whether the audience enjoys it or not.

Seems to me this statement belies your earlier, misguided rant about a post from a regular that you frankly misunderstood and could not let go.

That, and the fact that if your premise were true, you would have no need to 'edit.'

Hate to burst your protective 'bubble.' (no PUN intended, lolol)

TheGoatMan1
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TheGoatMan1 » Wed Jun 25, 8:33 pm

Excellent report. Thank you.

Man, I gotta make it over in April one of these years.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Tue Jul 01, 11:04 pm

slither wrote:
koopa wrote:

You will not regret it.

Seems to me this statement belies your earlier, misguided rant about a post from a regular that you frankly misunderstood and could not let go.

Stalk much? Especially for a newbie! Or perhaps only your handle is new?

slither wrote:That, and the fact that if your premise were true, you would have no need to 'edit.'

Hate to burst your protective 'bubble.' (no PUN intended, lolol)

I used the edit button because I changed my mind as to what I wanted to share, not because I cared about whether the audience would enjoy it or not.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Tue Jul 01, 11:05 pm

TheGoatMan1 wrote:Excellent report. Thank you.

Glad you enjoyed G Man. I'm planning on doing the same trip in 09' as well. You should try to make it!

PUSSYGALORE

Postby PUSSYGALORE » Fri Jul 04, 12:00 am

koopa wrote:

Glad you enjoyed G Man. I'm planning on doing the same trip in 09' as well. You should try to make it!

Me too, Koopa - look out Amsterdam

TheGoatMan1
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TheGoatMan1 » Fri Jul 04, 1:27 am

koopa wrote:

I'm definitely going to try and make it. That's the one down side to my chosen career path: You never know EXACTLY when you will be on vacation. You can guess, but you're never sure. If I am off in April of '09 I am as good as there.

TheGoatMan1
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TheGoatMan1 » Fri Jul 04, 1:28 am

TheGoatMan1 wrote:
koopa wrote:

I'm definitely going to try and make it. That's the one down side to my chosen career path: You never know EXACTLY when you will be on vacation. You can guess, but you're never sure. If I am off in April of '09 I am as good as there.

Ok, 2 downsides, but working for Satan isn't THAT bad.

PUSSYGALORE

Postby PUSSYGALORE » Sat Jul 05, 12:09 am

[/quote]Ok, 2 downsides, but working for Satan isn't THAT bad.[/quote]

Yes I agree working with Satan is'nt that bad, it can be 'great' sometimes, real good fun.

ChristopherAmsterdam
power poster
power poster

Respect

Postby ChristopherAmsterdam » Sun Aug 10, 12:33 pm

Koopa...Nice ...Brings back some memories...I like that I got a shout in there...Enjoyed the chilling..Look forward to more fun...Chris AMS

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Respect

Postby koopa » Sun Aug 17, 5:54 am

ChristopherAmsterdam wrote:Koopa...Nice ...Brings back some memories...I like that I got a shout in there...Enjoyed the chilling..Look forward to more fun...Chris AMS

Right on Chris. It was really nice meeting you and I'm glad we have stayed in touch. Hope to see you tomorrow at the BBQ!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”