Tutti Takes Off

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Tutti Takes Off

Postby tuttiflutes » Sat Apr 19, 2:12 pm

Hello kids;

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO UPDATE, LIFE HAS BEEN HECTIC
Leaving for the magic city in 11 hours....I thought I would begin a trip log here in this forum where I have spent much time exploring the Dam through the eyes of the locals who have so kindly helped us all find our way. Many thanks to you all.

This will be my third sot of solo trip since I always meet or come with a traveling companion. My husband does business in the Netherlands and travels here himself yearly to meet with his customers. He is confident that I am perfectly safe in your city.

Aside from the usual subculture Amsterdam attractions, what makes me want to move here is the music. I am a music teacher/musician/graphic artist, and Amsterdam has it all. Especially the Classical Music.

My Itinerary includes the following:

Private Boat Trip, If I can find some takers this guy Max will take us for a ride, I think smoker friendly(we can ask first) E120. I would love to divide this by 4, so if anyone is interested...4/21...PM me....

We did this and aside from it being the only rainy day of the trip it was a nice ride (Though wet) and the Mini Me Captian, Manu was very cute. When I figure out the picture thing I will post some.

Cirque Du Solel, Varekai: I seen many of their shows in Vegas and it is well worth the price. 4/22

This was as usual Phenomenal.. My Daughter is a musician and will audition for them next year. I hope it pays enough o pay off her loans?

The Royal Concerkegebow Orchestra IS considered(at least by my concert violinist son) the finest Orchestra in the world. "and it is here". I will only have time for the Wednesday Lunchtime Concert. 4/23

Too bad the concert was clarinet trio with nice musicians, not very interesting. The hall is amazing and my daughter just appeared solo in Carnegie Hall so I wasn't that impressed and left after the intermission to find a nice alternative entertainment.

I did hear some decent Blues at The Waterhole" (Not sure of the name)
Melo Melo, a few other places I wandered into but didn't bother to remember the name.

The Channelites Party! Thanks for the invite I'll be there...4/26

This was very nice...Met a lot of people from this site and shared a nice evening..Thanks to Bas and all who arranged this. Next Year April 10 - 20 my husband wants to come with me this time and I hope to see many of you again...

The Mariionetten Theatre-OMG! The last 2 visits I was unable to schedule a performance. (I'm not a big Opera fan, but marionettes are cool and this is a Very prestigious highly professional group) 4/27.

Can you believe I screwed up the time..missed the performance..Maybe I just wanted a reason to come back next year. I'd like to rent a houseboat.
Maybe, although I love the canal house.

This is al ittle update....

Toodles
Last edited by tuttiflutes on Fri May 23, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigbird
super poster
super poster

Postby bigbird » Sun Apr 20, 2:12 pm

It sounds like you wil be sampling alot of what Amsterdam has to offer. Have loads of fun and I look forward to meeting you and everyone else on the 26th.

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Sun Apr 20, 3:16 pm

Verakai is awesome. In my opinion, it is the best Cirque du soleil show and I've seen many. I love their shows. Truly amazing. Enjoy your trip and be sure to report back.

Chili

mr_melvis
participating
participating

Postby mr_melvis » Mon Apr 21, 4:59 pm

Just reading this this morning, and I know you have left already - but if you get a chance to read this and you are wondering whether or not to do the Max boat trip, I can only say one thing: DO IT!!! We did and he is a wonderful host and captain - we had a ball (and a wonderful meal with sparkling wine). His boat ride was the highlight of our last visit!

mr_melvis

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Mon Apr 21, 6:00 pm

It sounds like you'll have a wonderful time. Please enlighten me about the Cirque du Soleil stuff on Saturday, I've always wondered what their shows are like. Have a great week!

Adoran
super poster
super poster

Postby Adoran » Tue Apr 22, 11:43 am

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the Cirque, we're interested in going. I'd rather go see Porgy and Bess but my wife's not a huge opera fan (even porgy!)

We'll miss the marionette performance on our next visit and Max is out of town the few days we'll be there :((.....though we'll probably do the St Nicolaas (sp?) boat club thing again. Magnus was pretty cool on our last visit.

T

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Tue Jun 17, 12:36 am

300 DAYS and counting!

This time I'm bringing my Husband and inviting my kids(21 & 23)
Will need something cool for four.

Large Houseboat 3 bedroom might be nice...

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Jun 17, 5:52 pm

Darn I missed this, but better late than never.... Nice one!!!!

Now, I have to ask: What am I Chopped liver???
:-)

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Tue Jun 17, 6:27 pm

tuttiflutes wrote:
Large Houseboat 3 bedroom might be nice...

Here are a few houseboats you could consider

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Tue Jun 17, 6:51 pm

LastHamlet wrote:Darn I missed this, but better late than never.... Nice one!!!!

They will all back out at the last minute so there's still hope,(Our relationship continues )& then I go it alone. If I have to put up with shit let it be their's, cuz I'm used to it.

LH, you are MY HERO!

PUSSYGALORE

Postby PUSSYGALORE » Wed Jun 18, 2:13 am

Hello Tooti, hows things?

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Wed Jun 18, 2:23 pm

I don't think we've met.....not sure I want to...

Life is good...

SlyCrayon
super poster
super poster

tuttivloets

Postby SlyCrayon » Thu Jun 19, 10:53 am

tuttiflutes, nobody exists until you have met them in Amsterdam. Did you make it to Concertgebouw?

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Thu Jun 19, 12:53 pm

Oh, yes many times in my Dam travels, I can't wait till either of my kids play in there, which is just a matter of time....

Did I meet you Sly at the party?

SlyCrayon
super poster
super poster

Postby SlyCrayon » Sat Jun 21, 11:59 am

Yes, at one point, you were chatting with us as you walked behind the couch where nellie, Anne, and I were sitting--I was on Anne's right. PM if you need details, please.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Thu Jul 17, 12:13 am

tuttiflutes wrote:
LastHamlet wrote:Darn I missed this, but better late than never.... Nice one!!!!

They will all back out at the last minute so there's still hope,(Our relationship continues )& then I go it alone. If I have to put up with shit let it be their's, cuz I'm used to it.

LH, you are MY HERO!

Looks like I'm already being abandoned for half of my April 09 trip....I am so pleased!!!! :+)..

Hope to see some of you there...wink-wink!
tutti

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”