Sept 24 to Oct 2 Day one

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

fatty's finest

Sept 24 to Oct 2 Day one

Postby fatty's finest » Thu Oct 23, 1:23 am

After months of research and anticipation, the day is finally here! Up bright and early at 5 am for my 7:50 pm flight. Got the neighbour to drive us (dave and his wife kathy and myself) to the airport real early cause “yah got-ta do something”. Went to the bar and killed a few beers. Finally got the boarding call and when I got to my seat and I use the term seat loosely I find there's no way I was going to be able to sit crammed in to a little space by the window. I started feeling claustrophobic so I switched seats with Dave and settled back for a wide awake, 6.5 hr flight. I soon realized “I don't like flying”.

3726 miles later, We arrive at schipol, grab our bags and head downstairs to the train.
When we got on the train we sat near the doors with our luggage. We soon were talking to the girls across from us, They were from England and were heading to do the coffee-shop thing for the day. We went with them to our first ever coffee-shop.

We left Central Station around 10 am and was talking with the dealer in Prix Dimi by 10:15. A nice first time experience, Friendly people and there was room for our luggage by the front window where we sat. The girls we met from England ordered a couple of pre-rolled joints. Not sure what they were but they had tobacco in them. I don't smoke tobacco so I wasn't too interested.

We bought 2 g of White Widow for 8e and 1 g of Fisherman's friend for 7.50e. (nice buzz) Got stoned had a couple of beer and bought some more gear. 2 g Heavenly Haze 8e 1 g Widow Supream 9e, and 2 g of Morrocan Tibizla hash for 8e (prices per gram)

We stayed at the Prix DiMi until lunch time. We called a cab to take us to our boat. We arrived at the boat at 12:15pm and found that the boat was everything that the internet site said and more! Fireplace, jacuzzi tub, waterbed and Huge! We sat around for a bit toking and grinning at each other, “ Were in Amsterdam!!!!”

A few joints later, after almost nodding off, Dave and I leave Kathy on the boat to rest while we go off on a mission.
2 pm and its off to find the Siberie and meet Blueberry . Found Siberie and met Blueberry outside locking up her bike. Blueberry told us that Viking would be coming soon to help her celabrate her birthday. We went inside and got a seat near the web cam. It was cool to see ourselves on the web. There is a couple of second delay so when I got up to see myself on the web, I saw myself getting up and walking over to the computor. Talk about trails! We bought some hash and smoked a couple of joints. We were pretty much toast and needed a little rest so we said good bye to Blueberry and headed back to the boat. (never did meet Viking, maybe next time)
Walked about 1 block and forgot all about being tired, there is just too much going on every where. The people, the traffic, everyone is beautiful and I'm so Stoned!

The whole idea of just walking into a coffee-shop and buying dope leagaly is just so cool! Being able to smoke a joint outside the coffee-shop just blows my mind! ( I eventually got my picture taken smoking a joint leaning on a police van)

Went into one of head shops and bought a glass pipe to smoke my hash in. I didn't take too long shopping as Dave decided he needed a little air and stayed outside. I guess that last joint of stella blue did him in. (very nice)

Took the bus back to the boat, smoked a joint and headed off to experience the dutch way of shopping. Its neat not being able to read the labels, only had one wrong item, we bought butter milk instead on reg. milk. Of course we didn't discover this until morning coffee. Got to the check out and discovered that no matter how laid back you might think the dutch are, when it comes to shopping its hurry up and get out of my way! Rushed through the check out to discover we should have bought bags. While we discussed this, the cashier starts ramming the next persons order trough. We did a much better job the next time. Two people bagging the groceries and the other paying.

Cooked dinner on the boat, had a fire, several joints and a couple bowls of hash and decided I was beat, so 10pm and its off to bed. Not too bad been up for 24 hours no sign of jet lag or maybe I was just to stoned to notice!

patrick

Postby patrick » Thu Oct 23, 2:10 am

excellent, glad you had such a good time, nothing beats getting very stoned and then shopping in amsterdam.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Thu Oct 23, 9:24 am

Yeah, grocery shopping in Amsterdam....not much Dutch tolerance there...it's like playing a sick game of beat the clock.

Here's a bit of a hint...if I have too much stuff to get out of the way...I put it back in the basket and head to a closed register or window sill to bag it. FYI...I have an Albert Heijn bonus card...nothing makes you feel like a local more that handing over that card :)

Thanks for the report...who did you rent the houseboat through?

foxiehaha
power poster
power poster

Postby foxiehaha » Thu Oct 23, 6:52 pm

What a fine day!!!! Just like every day in AMS should be....
Houseboat sounds divine too,
Love Foxie.x

Newbie Doo2
power poster
power poster

Postby Newbie Doo2 » Fri Oct 24, 11:22 am

Sounds like a great start to a great trip.........cant wait for more.

ND2

PS Foxie...........when can we expect your last instalment? I can't wait to read it but then again I'm sad cos its the last one.

foxiehaha
power poster
power poster

Postby foxiehaha » Fri Oct 24, 6:59 pm

Saturday afternoon is my writing time but it won't be this Saturday, maybe next weekend.

I sort of want to write it but then I won't have anything left to write about.
:((( Unless you want a report on my other holiday (now that was funny)

Anyhoo, loving that you are loving them.

Love Foxie.x

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Cool...

Postby LastHamlet » Sun Oct 26, 3:06 am

Sweet Day, and you still stayed up till 10:00ishs.
Not to mention you got to meet BlueBerry.
Sounded like a fantastic day. Man, I would like to try a boat...
Great Report...

fatty's finest

Postby fatty's finest » Sun Oct 26, 4:15 pm

Thanks all for all the kind replies.
Trekknhil; Here is a link to the boat we rented its a little pricey but well worth it! This would be excellent for a honeymoon or aniversary. And its smoker friendly!http://www.vrbo.com/8606
vrbo has other boats and apartments too.
Last Hamlet; Meeting Blueberry was cool. I'm pretty sure I couldn't keep up with her toking for too long. Man she loves her smoke!
Fatty

Newbie Doo2
power poster
power poster

Postby Newbie Doo2 » Mon Oct 27, 12:26 pm

foxiehaha wrote:I sort of want to write it but then I won't have anything left to write about.
:((( Unless you want a report on my other holiday (now that was funny)

I do..I do.........tell me...tell me.

ND2

PS Sorry fatty, I forgot to mention that was a great start to your trip..I look forward to reading more..ND2

highway101
power poster
power poster

Postby highway101 » Tue Oct 28, 5:23 pm

Its always great to hear about someone's first time...sometimes I wish I'd never been before and I was off for the first time again!!

highway101
power poster
power poster

Postby highway101 » Tue Oct 28, 5:24 pm

And I also wish that I could write decent english sometimes...

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Wed Nov 05, 11:23 pm

Hey fatty,

I missed meeting you guys by just a couple of minutes!
I rode up to Siberie just as BB was unlocking her bike.
She explained that you guys were real tired and couldn't wait
any longer. Sorry I missed meeting you.

Blueberry and I did go on to celebrate her birthday that evening:)

Hope to catch up with you some other trip!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”