Just trying this on for size

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Just trying this on for size

Postby TrekknHil » Sun Oct 19, 12:41 pm

Last edited by TrekknHil on Sat Sep 27, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d3kings
super poster
super poster

Postby d3kings » Sun Oct 19, 1:02 pm

I can tell you from personal experience that there is no better place than Amsterdam to ponder such life changing events.

Hang in there!

d3kings

GT
power poster
power poster

Postby GT » Sun Oct 19, 2:28 pm

holy crap, hon, what a load to have dropped on you...
we'll be taking turns holding your hand here as needed.

d3k is right, what better place to make the mental adjustment...

boldly cogitate! :-)

Bon Bon Billy
super poster
super poster

Postby Bon Bon Billy » Sun Oct 19, 2:46 pm

I'm very sorry to hear this. I wish you well and hope that all that comes to pass will make for a better life somewhere beyond this point in time.

dobbs
power poster
power poster

Postby dobbs » Sun Oct 19, 3:50 pm

Holy Shit Trekn!......I haven't been doing much posting lately due to sour grapes at my own trip falling through, but Geez, I'm sorry to hear about this. On the other hand, what a cool place Amsterdam is to do some soul searching and independence enjoying.
I hope you continue to have a DAMN GOOD TIME!!! I wish I was there to help you :-).

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun Oct 19, 6:30 pm

I have a friend who went to Cabo San Lucas to deal with it, he should've gone to Amsterdam instead. If I remember correctly, this was being contemplated earlier in the year, so no major surprise, but a heavy load to deal with nonetheless. I, along with all the others in here who I know care, am in your corner and will support you in any way (except financially ;-)) I can. You are young enough that the game isn't over yet. I'm confident that it will work out for the best, boldly go forward, young lady, and find someone that shares your dreams...you are surrounded by a whole city full of them as we speak!! Wishing you a better tommorrow Hillary.

moe.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sun Oct 19, 7:37 pm

This is pure bullshit, to drop a load on a sweetie, long distance. Ass.

2-1/2 weeks.......hmmm. Please keep cool, and trip the light.

I wish I could bump my vacation and join you. We could send some pics to the ass. Jeez, whatta pussy. Sorry for my language, but this is cowardice at its best.

Bold Gonads............ fuck... even that isn't funny

...woot, i guess.

Jujumann
power poster
power poster

Postby Jujumann » Sun Oct 19, 9:11 pm

Hey trekkn,

Sorry to hear about the news. Not cool at all. Im sure youll be able to deal with it good, and just continue to have a good time in the Dam. Everyones thoughts are with you im sure.

If it would cheer you up a bit when you get back i wouldnt mind taking a drive to Tampa to have a smoke with ya.

Hang in there!

SLainte,
JUJU

Weez
power poster
power poster

Postby Weez » Mon Oct 20, 12:28 am

Ouch. My poor blossom. That's a low-down and sneaky move. I hope you're not feeling too blown away and can have a ton of fun. Thinking of you.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Dam, Such a bit of news.

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Oct 20, 1:07 am

Dam, that doom you spoke of earlier this year has come to be. What doom have I started, with my own disasters?? Leaving me to wonder what strange and foul thing that I have brought back to life. God, we all feel for you so TrekknHil. I for one share your tears and mixed emotions at this point. Do boldy go though... I took a healing journey this year and it really worked. Amsterdam is a magical kind of place, feel the magic of the place, and please heal.
There is a better door opening soon, a better door that was meant for you.
Much love and many Prayers,
LastHamlet.

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Mon Oct 20, 1:52 am

You're clearly better off without the douchebag, and it's not like you're over the hill or anything. (Hill, get it? Ha!) It's time to start thinking about your new life, and I can't think of a better way to start it than two and a half weeks in Amsterdam. Go and get your freak on! (I'm not telling you to have sex with dudes you meet or anything, I mean that's up to you...) I just mean you can go out dancing and flirting with guys and acting like you did before you were married, without any guilt whatsoever and Amsterdam (or any place that is so removed) is perfect place to do that.

Professor
power poster
power poster

with you

Postby Professor » Mon Oct 20, 2:12 am

My heart and prayers are with you.

StemsnSeeds
power poster
power poster

What a bummer

Postby StemsnSeeds » Mon Oct 20, 2:43 am

Trek,

So sorry to read your news. As already stated by those above, best wishes for whatever comes in the future. Hopefully being in such an uplifting place as Amsterdam will help some...

dred
power poster
power poster

Postby dred » Mon Oct 20, 7:47 am

Dear Hilary,
I read your news and felt a jolt. Holy shit to the tenth power!
I'm joining your other Channel friends in sending you supportive thoughts and wishes for your peace and pleasure.
You might try some Bach Rescue Remedy from a health food store (or other Bach remedies for specific feelings).
The other thing I suggest is to write about your feelings. Write and write, daily. Different issues and feelings may come up. Write and write. This is private, only for yourself.
I was bummed out on my last journey to the NL--the trip was perfect, but I (underline "I") was in very bad shape. (Because of job issues, mostly.) Writing about what I was feeling and the issues that came up got me through.
And if you would like a change in perspective, may I suggest a visit to the MC Escher Museum in Den Haag? Chennelites have asked about it, but so far I don't know of any one who has actually visited it...so once again, you will have boldly gone where none have gone before.
LL + P (light, love and peace, too)
Dred

Newbie Doo2
power poster
power poster

Postby Newbie Doo2 » Mon Oct 20, 10:44 am

Dear Hil,

I am at a loss........I can't believe how cowardly an act this is. I'm so sorry. I am feeling a little emotional myself today and really got quite upset when I read your post as I have just had a very bad weekend myself.

I find its always best to tell people how you feel, You have got a lot of friends here....we will always listen and offer advice and support.

I wish I could be there with you........I would bring only one thing with me................a big hug.

Love
ND2

ScoobieSnack
power poster
power poster

Postby ScoobieSnack » Mon Oct 20, 2:59 pm

Hill,

So sorry to hear that news. As stated above me,you are better off without a guy who would pull that kind of shit.

StemsnSeeds
power poster
power poster

Escher Museum

Postby StemsnSeeds » Mon Oct 20, 4:19 pm

Trek,

I saw dred's post regarding the MC Escher museum in Den Haag. I went last time I was in town and it was one of the highlights of my last trip. Easy train ride, nice stroll through a pretty part of town, and I found the museum to be very interesting. Just my 2 cents...

entrada
power poster
power poster

Postby entrada » Mon Oct 20, 5:31 pm

Thats some shitty news dude, but hey you're takin a trip and worrying
over it aint gonna help so my advice is just try and have a good time and when you get home then you can sort it out. best wishes entrada...

Maid Marian
power poster
power poster

So Sorry about your news!

Postby Maid Marian » Mon Oct 20, 5:46 pm

TrekknHil, I am new to Channels, but not new to to the crap we as humans often heap on each other. I have been thru almost the same thing, tho I wasn't in A'dam. Dred is so right in saying to write about it. No one but you ever has to see it and it really does speed the healing process. Write whatever you feel like, whether it's feeling pissed off or pissed on. (BTW) It does help to remember what about him drove you crazy and the fact that you don't have to be subjected to that anymore. Also remember, some things are a blessing in disguise. (Why are they always in disguise tho, LOL?)
Take care and you are in my prayers.

Maid Marian

Redhohoho
power poster
power poster

Postby Redhohoho » Mon Oct 20, 6:55 pm

Trek,

I am SO sorry. Please know that we are all here for you no matter what. It was cowardly the way he did it and you just don't do that to a loved one.

You deserve better and should be with someone that worships the ground you walk on. You are a strong,smart, ballsy lady - go bodly thru Mokum these next 2 weeks and enjoy yourself as much as you can. Try and release the anger. I truley beleive that things happen for a reason (no matter how shitty) maybe this is one door closing for another beautiful, peaceful, amazing door to open.

My heart is with you.

Weldon
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Weldon » Mon Oct 20, 11:20 pm

Trek - sorry to hear the news. But, as you can see, you have a lot of friends and family here who are firmly on your side. Do enjoy yourself. We are with you.

The Escher Museum is cool. I went too last April. But their gift shop was a bit lacking, to me. It seemed like they had the usual Escher stuff one can find most anywhere.

Hang in There.
W

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Wed Oct 22, 11:46 am

Holy crap...thanks you guys...REALLY
I guess my head has come out of the sand after a very bad weekend. I've found just the right amount of confidence and denial to get through the trip. It's an interesting combination.

My entire inbox has been deleted...what timing...I know there were quite a few messages from my friends...you guys. You guys that haven't met me but still think I'm OK. Ah, hell, even decent :)

My inbox problem means I have not been able to respond to those emails, if I got to read them all. I appreciate all of your kind words.

I am STILL Boldly Going...even in the darkest of times through this trekk of life...that is what really makes something your motto. You believe it and you live it.

Thank you...thank you...thank you!!!!

Boldly Going...
TrekknHil

wolfdangler
power poster
power poster

Postby wolfdangler » Thu Oct 23, 12:41 am

Hey Trekkn,
Whew! Talk about a bomb being dropped. I've been away from the board for several weeks. My next trip has been delayed YET again and the idea of reading other peoples expliots was just too depressing. First thing I read upon returning is your Hubby's foolish declaration. My condolences go out to you.
My suggestion is this: STAY! At least stay through New Years. Why come back? Hell, I'll join you. I'm on the way!

foxiehaha
power poster
power poster

Postby foxiehaha » Thu Oct 23, 6:57 pm

Oh My God, how awful. You stay and have a good time Honey. Whatever shite life throws at us it is truely possible to turn almost anything around and make something positive come out of it.
Sent with lots of love,
Foxie.xxx

foxiehaha
power poster
power poster

Postby foxiehaha » Thu Oct 23, 7:01 pm

P.S. You keep hold of that pepper spray for when you get home, I heard it's mighty painful when sprayed near the meat & 2 veg ;)
Foxie.x

ScoobieSnack
power poster
power poster

Postby ScoobieSnack » Thu Oct 23, 7:16 pm

Ouch !! I wouldn't want to get on your bad side Foxie, I have been hit with pepper spray in the face and could not imagine what it would feel like Downtown !

Puffbob
regular
regular

Hang in there........

Postby Puffbob » Fri Nov 21, 7:48 pm

Trekkn..........
Sorry to hear about your sad ending...........hopefully you will turn it into a happy beginning!! With you in spirit kido..........
Puff

Elvis
power poster
power poster
Location: A long Long Time Age,..in a univesve far, far away...

My heart is with you Trekkn

Postby Elvis » Sat Nov 22, 3:04 am

I know how you feel...5 years ago my wife of 14 years decided "WE" should move back "HOME" to the Mississippi coast...as soon as we arrived (dead assed broke) We were staying at her mothers house. She disappeared for 3 days came back and told me to leave..she had met a guy on the internet and he was on his way from germandy to be with her...so there I was ..penniless...homeless ...job less....and dragged down into the street by someone i loved who pulled that shit just to steal all my worldly belongings...So I know what you are going through having been "stabbed in the back" myself by someone who ment the world to me...

My heart is with you Trekkn....wish i could come to hug and comfort you when you return to Tampa...I live in Saucier which is a small rural community 35 miles north of Gulfport, Mississippi not very far...as I see it from Tampa...unfortunatly my finances are not right..nor my health

...but remember.....Our "higher Power" causes things to happen..we may not like it at the time...but it is usually for our own good as something better is in store for us...a short distance down life's road....

Peace, Love and togetherness trekkn

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”