24 24 24

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Feb 08, 12:40 am

it wasn't sinterklaas either i don't think, i am trying to find the flyer i was handed.

thanks for the translation.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Feb 08, 12:46 am

thanks for taking the time to read and respond GT, no more greg at de kuil was shocking to me. i almost could not believe it.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Feb 08, 5:02 pm

patrick wrote:thanks for taking the time to read and respond GT, no more greg at de kuil was shocking to me. i almost could not believe it.

Did Greg's resistance to learning any dutch after ten years or so finally catch up with him?

Peace

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Feb 08, 11:02 pm

i talked to the lady who seemed to be in charge. she said greg had been working there 8 years. she said right after the no alcohaul thing went into effect, he quit.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Feb 08, 11:28 pm

stopped by GA again, i am almost thru the entire menu and my time in amsterdam is getting short. they just got some new grey berry in and for 8.50e a gram, it is excellent smoke. spent alot of time walking around, made it into funny people for the first time. it is a nice shop with a friendly staff, i didn't make a purchase but did enjoy my stay. as i made my way around amsterdam i noticed that it was trash day, amsterdamers tend to throw out alot of interesting stuff. i found two knick knacks for the wall and if i had a bigger suitcase i would have brought home alot more trash. there sure seemed to be alot of furniture on the sidewalk. i also noticied it was telephone book delivery day. i walked past a few books and then stopped and looked to see if any coffeeshops were listed in the yellow pages. when i saw there was listings, i walked down the street ripping the coffeeshop page out of phone books. they made fantastic souvineers and did not cost a dime. while framing a couple of them last night i noticed that a cheech and chong coffeeshop was listed. on my first trip i tried to find the original but it was closed. does anybody know anything about a new/another cheech and chong coffeeshop?

while enjoying a long wet windy cold walk, it started raining hard and i dove in the rokerji near the rembrandtplein. this was my first time in the shop and i enjoyed the atmosphere. i also enjoyed some shiva for 8.50e a gram. this was my second excellent weed find at a good price. the shiva was fresh and pungent, i smoked the whole gram waiting for the rain to let up. it did and i slowly made my way to central station to purchase a tickett back to schipol for the next day. i used to always prepack and leave my luggage in the locker at central, but over the past few trips i have learned to pack very very light and to skip the very early departures from schipol. the place to purchase ticketts in central station had been remodeled and moved, i was greeted by a friendly service agent who asked where i needed to go. i told her i needed to go to central station. she said i was at central station with a smile on her face, i guess she knew the shiva was good too. the tickett cost 4.20e and once again i noticed the irony and the sadness of leaving. oh well i still had most of the day left anf part of the next. i was off coffeeshopping again. stopped back at homegrown fantasy and got a 5e bag of everything on the menu except the lemon. walked down to grey area and had a nice talk with john, picked up a gram of trainwreck and mothers finest, a gram of golden soles and half a gram of crystals. i told john i was watching my euros and was hoping to have enough for a grey area t shirt. i have been to GA many times over the years and this was the first time shirts were available. i told john i needed a grey area shirt to be buried in. he said that was a first and sold me s shirt at discount. while there i meet the nicest couple, we talked for awhile and then went our seperate ways. i would see them again later and realize how small the world is.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Feb 08, 11:38 pm

should have mentioned that the mothers finest and the trainwreck from GA hit me very hard. even after a week in the dam. i think they were both 11e a gram. . golden soles were a slight dissapointment but then again i am not a big hash fan.

apollo13
new
new

Postby apollo13 » Fri Feb 08, 11:40 pm

patrick wrote: i would see them again later and realize how small the world is.

& long may it remain so ~ kind memories Patrick.

The fishing was good today, but I miss Dutch liberty nonetheless...

Peace,

A13

patrick

Postby patrick » Sat Feb 09, 5:09 pm

thank you for moving this thread.

patrick

Postby patrick » Sat Feb 09, 5:19 pm

i have now learned to love the tram stop that i tripped so hard at last year. i was walking towards dam square sunday night in a gusty wind with blowing cold rain falling. as i got closer to the back side of the church i could hear a saxaphone. at first i thought a door to a bar must be open but could not think of any near by places that would have live music late sunday night. then as i got closer i realized it was a street musician standing in the same spot the old blind man stands in, inbetween the church and the palace. this guy had the perfect acoustic spot, the sound reverberated all around. it was as if he had a set of bose 901's set up. i was amazed. i pitched in a euro or so in change and went back to my favorite tram waiting spot. i listened and listened some more. the quality and pure feeling of the sound this guy was emitting was incredible. without mentioning the adverse weather. i sat thru 2 trams. one of my favorite things to do in amsterdam is to go to the old quarter hotel and enjoy the live jazz jam on monday nights. this guy blew that away. i reflected back on my trip/trips. no regrets.

Trainwreck
just in
just in

Postby Trainwreck » Sat Feb 09, 6:29 pm

Out of interest, how much are the Grey Area t-shirts? I must have one. :-D

brightcarver
power poster
power poster

Postby brightcarver » Sat Feb 09, 7:14 pm

Now....where are the photos?

patrick

Postby patrick » Sat Feb 09, 10:50 pm

15e....in several sizes...black with grey area on the front and "i"heart"ga" on the bottom side. john said they were left overs from the cuo

patrick

Postby patrick » Sat Feb 09, 10:54 pm

i will post a link to pics later. it might take me awhile.

Planning-A-Trip
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Planning-A-Trip » Sun Feb 10, 3:32 pm

Nice reporting Patrick. I've been enjoying this thread.

patrick

Postby patrick » Mon Feb 11, 5:38 pm

stopped by the noon for the last time, i was the only customer and when i asked to see the blueberry, the container had one large bud and alot of smaller ones. when the big one weighed over i thought i was going to get the small buds again but the dealer procedded to cut the stem out of the bud. when finished it weighed perfectly and out the door i went. it was a long walk over to the new barneys for a last vapor round there. i purchased 1 gram of sweet tooth for 11e, it has always been a favorite of mine and it did not dissappoint this time either. i like the way you get a sticker with the strain name on it, i peal them off and stick them to cards i carry, the sweet tooth sticker is on my atm card, the g13 one is on my work id. i grabbed a chair next to a volcano and noticed it was the same couple sitting at the other volcano that i had talked to in grey area. we talked shops and buds and both agreed that internet research was the best way to prepare for a trip. then he said "your on fly by night's who's in town page" and i realized how small the world is..... and that was the second time somebody has "recognized" me from this site in amsterdam. it still blows me away. just proves how small the world is, or how many people actually read/surf this site.

patrick

Postby patrick » Mon Feb 11, 5:54 pm

found my way to the coin to use the internet, read the review about mango so decided to give it a try, it was 14e a gram, one of the more expensive on the trip. it did provide a killer taste and buzz. talked to the young guy behind the bar, he played his bands cd on the machine, atleast he said it was his. made a last trip around the rld, stopped by the new statue again and realized it was my ex wife they had used for a model. in and out of de kuil a couple more times, still holds a special place for me. long windy wet walk over to the new greenhouse, tried the AK-47 for 8.90 a gram, the buds were tight pungent and strong, just like it should be, i even tried a bong. when i asked to use one the lady cleaned it, wiped it down with a wipe and put ice in the chamber. too bad my lungs are not up to it. i left walked across the street and south one block, turned left and sat on the bench one more time, thinking. it might be the best spot to think in the world. made a long walk to home grown fantasy, thought about getting a hash milk shake at betty boop to remember my good friend otis, but it was cold and i continued on. power plant, hindu kush,swazi, durham poison. everything again except the lemon from hgf and for a lady with a shaved head, the budtender there can give any budtender a run for best looking budtender. long walk back to my favorite tram stop. i sat there along time also, it too is a killer thinking spot. then off to the hotel for a all night smokeathon.

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Feb 12, 5:17 pm

the address for the 2nd cheech and chong coffeeshop is

de ciercqstr 30

020 685 4810

anybody been there?

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Tue Feb 12, 6:26 pm

fantastic posts! thanks

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Wed Feb 13, 8:51 am

Patrick, I want to thank you for making my day,super report, thanks for taking the time. Brings back some memories....

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Feb 13, 9:57 pm

thank you both, and planning a trip also, for taking the time to read my ramblings.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Feb 14, 4:21 am

Quite enjoyed them myself... haven't done the mushrooms, maybe next time... laughed hard at your perceptions... thank you

Jujumann
power poster
power poster

Postby Jujumann » Thu Feb 14, 6:40 am

Patrick, great reports. I will definitely use a lot of the advise on the purchasing you did for gear when i head over in july. One question i had was about your hotel. I would be looking for a double room also. Did the room have its own bathroom facilities? Any option for a refrigerator by chance? Just curious because it doesnt seem like you can beat the price and it's a really good location.

Thanks in advance.

Slainte,
JUJU

chebo
new
new

Postby chebo » Thu Feb 14, 10:02 pm

patrick,

your thread was so enjoyable that it prompted me to register instead of just lurking.

Where is the new Greenhouse?

thanks

Thundarr
power poster
power poster

Postby Thundarr » Thu Feb 14, 10:08 pm

chebo wrote:Where is the new Greenhouse?

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Databa ... elvet.html

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Fri Feb 15, 3:22 am

Chebo,

I am a native Georgian, by the grace of god...where are you located?

I live in Chicagoland now...

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Feb 19, 7:11 pm

"Patrick, great reports. I will definitely use a lot of the advise on the purchasing you did for gear when i head over in july. One question i had was about your hotel. I would be looking for a double room also. Did the room have its own bathroom facilities? Any option for a refrigerator by chance? Just curious because it doesnt seem like you can beat the price and it's a really good location."

the double i had shared a bath with the double next door, it also shared the balcony. rooms 64 and 65. rooms can be rented with private baths. hotel abba is very basic, no fridge option, not even a phone. it was clean, sheets were changed almost every day. breakfast was okay. the staff were polite and helpful. it is very basic, the location is excellent. tram stops in front, atm and albert heijn downstairs. i recommend it for a person on a budget.

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Feb 19, 7:29 pm

thank you for all the response, this is probably my last post,

i stayed up all night smoking weed and watching dutch tv, i couldn't decide if they were making fun of jerry lewis or it was actually him. i also marveled at the "smoking box" for your head. the mothers finest and the trainwreck still hit hard. i was very impressed. breakfast time finnaly arrived and i tried to wake up my neighbor for a last breakfast but he couldn't get up. caught tram number one and noticed very few people on board, it made one stop and made a announcement, almost everybody but me got off, the tickett stamper guy reassured me that it was just a delay and detour. some ladies phone rang and the tickett guy picked up his mic and said "phones ringing mam" cracked me up. made me want to go bowling. i really enjoyed my long slow round about trip towards dam square. as i made my last walk across the square i thought back on all my trips. i knew it was probably my last and i tried to distort time and space once again. finnally stopped in hunters for a last smoke, i had two joints left and by the time i puffed them away i still had 20 minutes and 10e. i got the only 10e weed they had in stock, purpen, it was a wonderfully tight colorful bud and by some strange twist of fate a purpel stick would be my first joint back in the states. 10e a gram there, 125 dollars a quarter here. puff puff puff and then the slow sad walk to the train. about half way there my suitcase wheel stuck in a cobblestone crack and broke a wheel. that sucked, i just drug the dam thing after that. empty flight back, no questions, welcome back.

in a different thread, somebody asked what the first thing you do in preparing for a trip. i have always logged on here first. i doubt i logg on anymore. i hope too and if you see me lurking, it can only mean one thing.

the gods are pleased

thanks again to all that i have meet and to all i have missed. thanks to all that took the time to read my ramblings over the past few years.

patrick

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Feb 19, 8:22 pm

Good stuff Patrick, very enjoyable reads.

Peace

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Tue Feb 19, 8:46 pm

patrick, i'm worried,. are you never going back to the dam? or even this board? please tell me not so.? I have long enjoyed your posts, you have been here (and that cool avatar for years), truly one of the old and original channelites.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Feb 29, 10:13 pm

i think i will stick around awhile after all.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”