24 24 24

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

patrick

Postby patrick » Sat Jan 26, 6:03 pm

got to meet the guy in the next room, he was dutch and was named patrick, i have a tendancy to talk in the 3rd person with both of us having the same name it was very easy to do. patrick asked if he should wear a tie to his job interview, i told him that patrick don't wear ties. patrick tended to get confused. he had been there a week and every day he went out job hunting, then came back and tried to sell me everything. i did end up buying alittle weed and a NL license plate. he told me he was thinking about getting a job trimming plants, he said it paid 150e a day.

grabbed a tram up to dam square and then my daily stroll over to grey area, this time it was packed, and after waiting for a 7 person band entourage to leave i managed to not only get a chair but also get 2 grams of blue cheese for 27e. this bud was exceptional looking and had a very pungent smell. i told john that i had been coming for a few years and this was the first cheese i had every seen. it produced dense vapor and put me in the right frame of mind for yet another long walk on yet another grey cold wet day. as said before about GA, super dude will be back in town this week, Bill was hanging around giving directions to tourist who didn;t know weather to listen to him or not. the lady with the real long blonde hair was there, we had a conversation about hair. and last but not least, rumor has it john is starting a band.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Jan 30, 11:08 pm

last year i consumed some mushrooms at the abba and thought i would walk over to the noon and get some weed so i could stay at the hotel and trip. i was not sure i would get off as i had consumed the same on a previous trip and not gotten off. about half way to the noon i got that weird body rush that told me i was going to get high, i just did not know how high. when it was my turn at the dealers counter i somehow managed to saw 4 grams of blueberry and handed the guy 23e. i also noticied i was almost out of money. time and space were starting to distort and i needed to get back outside. as i walked back i had a bad idea to go use the atm but when i got there the thought of using a atm tripping was not good so i made yet another bad decision and decided to tram it up to the damrak and exchange cash. the tram ride out was okay and i thought i could spend at least a few minutes in either dekuil or betty boop chilling out. but once again indoors was out of the question. i managed to make it to the moneyy changers and change 100 dollars, by now i was paranoid and ended up walking back to dam square with the strippencart clucthed in one hand and my new euros in the other. i thought i could hang out on the dam for awhile but for some reason i needed to be inside. i noticied my tram at the tram stop but thankfully realizied that running while tripping is not possible so i had to sit and wait for the next tram. it was to prove to be the longest 7 minutes of my life. it started out well enough, taking memories out of my head and then putting them back. but as the minutes turned to hours my mind lost control. it was near freezing and i was sweating like a pig, my eyes the size of saucers starring at the clock every 15 seconds thinking it had to have been 2 minutes. finnally the tram arrivied and it was one of the old kind. i got a single seat by the inside window and rejoyiced. i turned to look away from the people who were obviously starring at me and found a wonderful reflection. i love reflections. i got lost in the reflection.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Jan 30, 11:26 pm

i got so lost in the reflection that when a tram passed going the other direction i jumped out of my seat. it scared me to death. it scared me almost everytime it happened even thou i knew it was coming and tried to prepare myself for it. when the tram reached my stop it was packed and i thought i was not going to be able to get off when out of nowhere a very old lady stood up and the sea of people parted to let her off, i followed. i was so glad to get back in the room, 3 keys for somebody tripping and paranoid and in a hurry. i turned off everyting and shut all the blinds, i
even took the battery out of the clock because the ticking was driving me insane, got naked and dived under the covers in a attempt at sensory deporvation. after awhile it worked and my paranoia slipped away and my mind stopped racing and went back to pleasently rearranging memory blocks. then the air traffic controllers at schipol routed a jumbo jet right over my hotel room, then a few more, it took me a few minutes to figure out what they were. after a couple of giant blueberry sticks out on the patio i calmed down and watched what was the funniest thing on tv i have ever seen, it was a episode of southpark and i laughed untill my sides hurt. best show ever with the possible exception of a i love lucy show i saw while tripping in 1974 or maybe a mork and mindy i saw on green dragon acid in the late 70's.

this all has something to do with this trip because while sitting in the same spot waiting for the same tram. things were different. it was as close to a flash back as i have ever gotten. i think the reflections were the same and dam it, it was even the same old little lady that got off the tram at my stop. it was even about the same time when the 747's came in low and loud. it was amazing to have so many similarites. it made me do alot of thinking. it still makes me think. i am to old to trip.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Jan 30, 11:42 pm

stopped by dutch flowers one afternoon and got a gram of silver pearl for 7.50e. it was one bud, excellent trim and very tight. broke up nicely and produced alot of weed when ground. the taste was smooth and i enjoyed both the buzz and the coffeshop. the most expensive weed on the menu was haw. haze at 11.50, everything else was in the 7e range. shop was full of locals and i enjoyed my stay. as i left i walked past tweed de kramer and since it was pretty much empty i thought i would pop in and grab a gram to go. last year i was impressed with the mexican haze. when i walked up to the counter and asked to see the menu, i noticed it was the same middle aged short haired guy from the new dampkring the other day. the other day he seemed short with me but maybe he was having a bad day. i asked to see the mexican haze and two others. he said he was out of the haze and i picked one of the other two. it was something, i don't remember now, it was 8.50 a gram and i asked for a gram. as he stood with his back to me making my purchase. i pulled a 10e note from my pocket and waited. he turned and tossed a bag at me, took the 10e note from me and started to walk away. i gave him the stare and he said, "i made it a 10e bag." i continued to stare and he asked in a rude voice if i wanted it to weigh a gram. i said that when i ask for a gram and the menu says so much money per gram. i expect a gram, not something rounded up. he got pissed and squashed the buds as he reweighed it properly. then i gave him the weed back, took my 10e note back, apoligized to the 2 other people in the shop and left. he was a asshole, plain and simple. i won't return.

patrick

Postby patrick » Thu Jan 31, 7:29 pm

stopped by de kuil/420 cafe and bought 1g of shiva for 9e. it looked excellent, better then the blueberry. enjoyed a couple of vapor bags from a friendly dealer. since de kuil had to quit selling beer i had read that the place had lost its charm. at first i tended to agree but de kuil holds a special place for me, it is not only where i got engaged but it is also the place of a few fun channelite meetings/smoke outs. the place just seems to play the right music at the right time. i was alittle put off my the big screen tv but after vapor and long periods of starring at it, i grew to like it to a point. i meet 3 dealers and only one was a jerk, the other 2 were happy to vaporize for me, both bags, one guy seemed like i was troubling him and when i asked for the second bag he told me it only made one. i should mention that greg, the older, larger, hairer, budtender from RI was no longer there, neither was soueleast's pipe.

my tour of the rld was fun, i did notice fewer windows and fewer pushers. in past years i had always used the ignore system for dealing with the junkies but this year i went the other way, i was friendly as hell, they tended not to like it. i wore my hair down and several of them would either refer to me as jesus or santa claus as did the rld ladies once. it was funny as hell, in the narrow part near the old kerk, the ladies must have thought the idea of jesus was funny and several of them opened the doors in a funny bidding war to have sex with jesus. it was one of the best times i have ever had in the rld.

stopped in old church coffeeshop for 1.5g of nepalese cream, 12e, it came cut long and skinny, just perfect for making a toothpick for a joint. i think old church might have the prettiest budtender in town. went up stairs where about a dozen italians were tripping and laughing uncontrollable. when i read speedlink was in town, i wondered if he was in that group. i stayed along time smoking hash joints and starring out the window. then another tour of the rld and then back to dekuil for vapor bags. walked in and dean martin was playing, right music, right time.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Thu Jan 31, 9:55 pm

interesting perspectives
thanx for the reflections

s:.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Feb 01, 7:12 pm

thank you for taking the time to not only read my ramblings but also respond.

it was strange how similar things were and at the same time how different they were.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Feb 01, 7:31 pm

lets see, last stop was de kuil, ordered 1 gram on NYC diesel for 11e, the container had large buds on top and instead of digging out a smaller one from the bottom, the dealer cut a 1 gram piece from a large bud. the smell and the taste was there, it was much tastier then what i had gotten earlier from dampkring. it not only produced alot of vapor but also produced that sour oily taste i love so much. while i was there some friendly brits gave me their left overs, it was 2 or 3 grams of small buds and shake, it would be perfect for rolling hash joints. i also noticed my pull over sweater was not only on inside out but backwards too. i guess the long stay at old church had a effect on me.

as i wandered around i went by the apien inn, just to see it, rumor has it saliors used to pay thier tab with monkeys brought back from who knows where. i passed by the marker for chet baker and wondered how and why he fell to his death. i walked by the victoria hotel twice trying to find the plaque about the motorcyclist death in ww2, finally found it (on a side note i never have been able to find the plaque on/near dam square remembering the people killed behind the organ} i looked up and searched for the sign telling me how far it is to wall drug, but could not find it either. i also saw the new statue in the rld near the bronze breast. i made a mental note to go back to dutch flowers and also that milk in amsterdam is not what i think milk should taste like.

the next morning over a giant cheese joint and the mac laughlin group, i learned bobby fischer died. i was surprised how much coverage and how many people were talking about it.

Priapos
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Priapos » Fri Feb 01, 10:58 pm

You write the most enjoyable reports I've read in some time. I stand in awe of your memory.

patrick

Postby patrick » Sat Feb 02, 5:19 pm

thank you, its not all memory, i would jot down notes every night. i also took 48 pics of myself doing various things, it helped the memories. it aslo helped me meet alot of interesting people, i would simply ask whoever was around to take my picture please, it sparked alot of interesting conversations.

Dink

Postby Dink » Sat Feb 02, 7:23 pm

patrick wrote: i made a mental note to go back to dutch flowers and also that milk in amsterdam is not what i think milk should taste like.

Agreed on both counts. I loved Dutch flowers the time I was in there, but the weed they sold me was wiggity wiggity wack.

patrick

Postby patrick » Sun Feb 03, 8:37 pm

next stop grey area, it was just past noon and the line was out the door, the new guy was working and i got a gram of the sour diesel for 13e and a gram of silver bubble for 13e. i thought the silver bubble was better others at my table preferred the sour diesel. as i was leaving i caught john coming in the door and got a picture. it was one of my favorite pics of the trip. it is also one of my favorite shops in the dam.

went back to the hotel and helped patrick look for his keys, i smoked a joint and he looked, finnally found them in his pocket. while there i purchased a NL license plate from him. when i take my little bug to the vw show i might put it on. xg vd 78

i had been using either hunters or the coin for internet access. it was easier to see in hunters. neither place had a problem with me just using the internet and smoking my own joints. in fact i went in and out of alot of coffeeshops this trip, some i made a weed purchase and no drink purchase, some the other way around, couple times i either just rolled up and left or used the internet. never had any problem. as stated before hunters has a swiss canibiss tea that is pretty tastey.

walked out to the new barneys and got 1 gram of cherry bomb for 11e. these buds werre small, very tight and the reddest red i have ever seen. it produced alot of vapor. the new barneys is the most vapor friendly coffeeshop i found. it was also the only shop to round down my purchase.

then the long walk back to the dam, i ended up at de kuil, i tended to use it as a base, i could vapor up and then either stroll the rld or the jordaan. this stop i chose to try their blueberry at 8e a gram. it was a fresh batch and looked better then before. the dealer was glad to fill up a few bags for me as i sat in the window seat and watched the brisk bussiness across the street. i also noticed de kroom {n} had been remodeled and looked like it also was doing a brisk bussiness. i am not much for pizza but i did miss M-pizza and decided not to try the wok place that took its place.

in the rld district i noticied alot of hells angels at excalibur and a new battered womans shelter on the main rld canal. i also found a kramer with a fast food style sliding window for price bickering. the same pushers were back to calling me santa and i thought my being overly polite was working better then rudeness. i will never forget my friend who would open his umbrella sideways to block them out completely and tell them "don't make me mary poppins your ass"

ended the night with a 4 gram purchase of blueberry from the noon, this time it was all small buds. i almost didn't buy it. spent some time at the last waterhole, they had a all girl band playing. they sucked and i don't care to go in places with bouncers at the door even if it was only a 1e cover charge. the bulldog place was packed. i had never been in before. it was worth the trip just to smoke a joint in the old police station cell.

patrick

Postby patrick » Sun Feb 03, 8:49 pm

maybe a southpark fan reading this can help me figure out what episode out of what season i watched while shrooming. it was hilarous then and i want to see if its hilarous now. it was the episode where the boys all played little league baseball and didn't want to win.

any help would be appreciated. i tried to search a southpark website but to no avail.

bigblunt
super poster
super poster

Postby bigblunt » Sun Feb 03, 9:20 pm

That is in season 9!!...The episode is called The Losing Edge..check this out.. http://www.southparkzone.com/index.php

patrick

Postby patrick » Mon Feb 04, 5:19 pm

thank you so much bigblunt. it was taking too long to go thru all the seasons shows.

bigblunt
super poster
super poster

Postby bigblunt » Mon Feb 04, 5:24 pm

patrick wrote:thank you so much bigblunt. it was taking too long to go thru all the seasons shows.
No problem at all:)

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Feb 05, 5:30 pm

started the day of at hunters to use the internet, my wife could not make this trip and it was fun sending e-mails back and forth like teenagers in love. hunters still had the fish everywhere and also had a stunning lady behind the bar. i still preferred the older ones at old church. hunters also informed me .05 coins are not accepted and generaly not used. i thought that not using pennies are understandable but to round up to dimes is not in my favor. but then again i still can not get used to all the coins anyway.

made it out to greenhouse, the new one, across from the indian school/something. where blue velvet used to be. i would like to find a good budget hotel in this area. i was amazed at how much work had been done inside the coffeeshop and how quickly it had been done. construction seems to move slow in amsterdam but not here. before i forget, besure to look down. i asked the dealer to see a couple of selections and as we talked buds he opened the amnesia haze container. i was impressed.. 1 gram for 12e. the look was awesome, maybe the prettiest most crystal covered bud i have ever seen. i sat back and burned about half of it in a joint and watched the street come to life outside. it was early in the morning and the amnesia haze was top shelf gear. in fact it was the best weed i smoked all trip. i was going to have a good day, it wasn't raining and i looked forward to aimlessly wandering around. i might even try to find the toothbrush store again. well after wandering around, i thought amnesia would be a good place to vapor the rest of the amnesia haze i had. now i have been to amsterdam enough to not get lost, but this time i got lost as shit. i thought forsure i knew where i was and how to get where i wanted to be. dam if i didn't. ended up sitting on a bench, forever, then realized i was on the wrong canal. it was dam good weed.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

very

Postby chichi123 » Tue Feb 05, 5:43 pm

Very nice Patrick! Got a question. What kind of mushrooms were they?
Cheech

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Feb 05, 10:12 pm

thai...........dried.

patrick

Postby patrick » Tue Feb 05, 10:15 pm

high as a kite for about 5 hours....way to high for about half of that.....felt kinda strange all night and part of the next day. i am too old to trip anymore.

Priapos
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Priapos » Wed Feb 06, 12:56 am

patrick wrote:i might even try to find the toothbrush store again.

I feel you, man. I had a hell of a time finding the pen and paper store.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Feb 06, 5:10 pm

took me forever to find the apothacary?...drugstore...and they had a large green glowing cross in front of every one of them.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Feb 06, 5:15 pm

i watched the southpark episode again last night. this time without the aid of shrooms, just a couple bags of shoreline. it was still funny but not hurt my sides laugh till i cried funny like it was in amsterdam. i also watched 3 other episodes i saw while there, it was strange how i could remember alot of the episode i saw while tripping, even some of it line for line. the others i watched while just smoking weed, i could only remember somewhat. same with that "i love lucy" show way back, i still remember the show real well as well as the trip.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Feb 06, 5:35 pm

i was sitting at amnesia watching people come and go, i missed watching the kramer across the street, its not there anymore. i talked with the friendly dealer along time and ended up getting a sampler platter of 1/4 gram each of the following...panama gold....honey blond....G-13 HAZE....and amnesia haze...for 12e......the honey blond stood out as did the g13. the dealer could tell which one i was going to vapor by how it looked ground up. stopped by grey area on my way back to dam square and got to enjoy a few minutes talking to john, it was one of the seldom times i have been in when there were few customers. i have been there alot of times and looked and looked at the stickers, i finnaly found a oat willies "onward thru the fog" sticker i was familiar with. stopped by the albert heijn at the palace and got alot of candy to take home for 15e. alot of it was marked down christmas candy. i even found some christmas ornamates for 1e each. what a deal. souvineers on the cheap and the best was yet to come. still couldn't find the memorial plaque on dam square for the people killed behind the organ. guess you just can't stay mad at them germans. found myself at siberie and enjoyed a giant joint in a very laid back cool shop. it was full of locals and the budtender was in the running for prettiest budtender in town. i tried to wait for a turn at the pinball machine but did not get a chance. after yet another long long aimless walk i found myself back at dekuil. got the top shelf gear...kush at 12e a gram. it was not the prettiest bud but it did produce some intense vapor, both in taste and effect. spent along time there with a couple of rld tours. as mentioned before, the prettiest hooker in the world is back across the canal from the old sailor pub. stopped by home grown fantasy and was delighted to see 5e bags again. got the lemon and the swazi. the lemon was a slight dissapointment in taste but the swazi was very impressive. it was sticky sticky sticky. went back to the hotel, had a peanut butter sandwich with patrick, enjoyed a couple of joints on the balcony and enjoyed falling to sleep knowing i was waking up in amsterdam for yet another day.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Wed Feb 06, 8:20 pm

sweet

now i've got the Ramones soundtrack going in my head...again

s:.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Feb 06, 10:49 pm

we zijn dit jaar wat vroeger gekomen, ik deed geen oog dicht in spanje, mask me ernstig zorgen om ai die miljoenen nederlandse kindertjes die opgevoed worden door onders die alles hebben maarte depressie zijn om ervante kunnen genieten

sorry if i messed up the spelling

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Thu Feb 07, 11:03 am

patrick wrote:we zijn dit jaar wat vroeger gekomen, ik deed geen oog dicht in spanje, mask me ernstig zorgen om ai die miljoenen nederlandse kindertjes die opgevoed worden door onders die alles hebben maarte depressie zijn om ervante kunnen genieten

sorry if i messed up the spelling

We came a bit earlier this year, I couldn't sleep in Spain, I'm worried about all those millions of Dutch kids who are being raised by parents who have everything but are too depressed to enjoy it.

What?

patrick

Postby patrick » Thu Feb 07, 7:10 pm

i have been going thru all my old ams pics and one stood out. it was a rare oct vist for me and i found a group of about 12 people standing in a circle on dam square. one was dressed as santa claus and was holding a sign. i thought it was abit odd.

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Thu Feb 07, 8:10 pm

That sort of explains, but that wasn't Santa, that was Sinterklaas. And probably quite a morally responsible version of it, ha ha.

GT
power poster
power poster

Postby GT » Thu Feb 07, 10:25 pm

from 1 oldtimer to another, thanks for taking the time to walk us thru mokum. again.

i went kinda off the grid for a while, don't get around much anymore ;-)
so the vicarious thrills are appreciated.

la plus ca change, la plus c'est la meme chose
new barney's? greenhouse? no greg@420cafe? maybe it's time for a first hand look. again.

tot ziens

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”