Best hotel for a smoker

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Jay_K
power poster
power poster

Postby Jay_K » Tue Jan 08, 12:35 pm

I tend to stay in either apartments or hostels, but can strongly recommend the private rooms at the Winston.

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Tue Jan 08, 12:41 pm

I wonder if hotels will be obligated to enforce the smoking ban too. It would make sense, as the reason behind the smoking ban is a healthy environment for employees.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Tue Jan 08, 1:07 pm

Anne wrote:I wonder if hotels will be obligated to enforce the smoking ban too. It would make sense, as the reason behind the smoking ban is a healthy environment for employees.

if the stinking wankstain nazi anti smoking shits get their way then i'm sure smoking will be banned in hotels.

i would like to line the bastards up and force them to smoke forty fags a day through one of those beagle style smoking masks.

Jay_K
power poster
power poster

Postby Jay_K » Tue Jan 08, 2:24 pm

In the UK hotels are still legally allowed to offer smoker friendly rooms, although few actually do anymore

Woob
power poster
power poster

Postby Woob » Sun Jan 20, 11:18 am

Soon smoking will be banned on the planet earth.You`ll have to travel outside the earth`s atmosphere to have a smoke and calm your nerves.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Sun Jan 20, 4:07 pm

Old Quarter is s great place to smoke but it's a tad close to being a dive so keep that in mind.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Sun Jan 20, 4:31 pm

Woob wrote:Soon smoking will be banned on the planet earth.You`ll have to travel outside the earth`s atmosphere to have a smoke and calm your nerves.

Good can't wait.

patrick

Postby patrick » Mon Jan 21, 7:48 pm

winston changed names///

smoked out at abba

Woob
power poster
power poster

Postby Woob » Fri Jan 25, 10:42 am

I sometimes go for the cheap breakfast at old quarter..Have yet to stay there though..No private bathrooms if I remember correctly.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Fri Jan 25, 4:58 pm

Woob wrote:I sometimes go for the cheap breakfast at old quarter..Have yet to stay there though..No private bathrooms if I remember correctly.

I've stayed once at the Old Quarter in Waarmoestraat.
They have some rooms with private bathroom.
It was cheap, but their cheaper rooms (where we stayed), had cots instead of beds, and the bathroom and room itself is tiny (very small, i mean).
The area is convenient for the RLD, but quite far from Museumplein.
Good value if you're in a budget, but not too cozy for chilling/smoking in the room.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Jan 25, 7:37 pm

i think the winston is called the saint christopher hostel now.

the old quarter was okay and they still have a open jazz jam on monday nights.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Fri Apr 18, 2:58 am

I do not smoke cigaretten, but I have smoked wietje and hasj without any problem in each of the following hotels:

de Roode Lleuw

Holiday Inn

Rembrandt Residence Hotel

Hotel Beethoven

Best Western Hotel Eden

HEM Hotel

Hotel Vijaya

Dam Hotel

Orange Tulpe

Hotel Princess

City Hotel Amsterdam

Open the window and do not fumigate the halls with reefer smoke.

You will be fine.

Dave J
power poster
power poster

Postby Dave J » Sat Apr 19, 10:53 am

Well the Bulldog Hotel gets my vote for a smokers hotel!. As said no smoking in the rooms but the lounge\bar area has 24 hour access (but noted this closed a number of times at say 4 in the morning so had to go for a walk for a joint). Also has a lift, very handy for when you over do the last smoke of the night and cant walk up stairs lol.

Hotel Brian and the sister hotel (name eludes me) allow you to smoke in there but not the rooms.

In fact I dont think the Brian's sister hotel has working smoke alarms as when I told 1 fellow tripper a few years ago I wernt going down the stairs for a smoke with him he lit up in the room. Pointing out the smoke alarn the soft fucker stands under it, takes a big drag of his joint and blows directly into the smoke alarm!!!!!. Oh no I'm thinking, we are gonna get thrown out of our hotel at 3am!. Not so as it never set it off. So opening the window all 3 of us sit there having a nice night time smoke!.

bigbob
power poster
power poster

Postby bigbob » Sat Apr 19, 11:40 am

City Hotel on Rembrandtplein...stayed there last fall, convenient to everything, no hassles about smoking, very reasonable rates, killer stairs.

Toke on!
bigbob

beat51uk
just in
just in

Postby beat51uk » Sat Apr 19, 10:19 pm

Best Western Eden now totally non smoking 50 euro cleaning fee if you smoke weed or tobacco.

Rks0
just in
just in

Postby Rks0 » Sat Apr 26, 9:37 pm

I've stayed at The Rho on Dam Square and koopermoolen on warmoesstraat and smoked with no problems.
When I checked into the Koopermoolen inJanuary, the guy at reception was busy explaining, to the couple in front of me, about 'Dutch Marijuana'.
I'm off again soon, but have rented an apartment from Greenhouse Effect.
Apparantly this gets you a discount at the coffeeshop.
I intend to test that theory.

Couch
power poster
power poster

Postby Couch » Sun Apr 27, 1:00 am

I highly recommend staying at the rooms above coffeeshop Sativa in Haarlem.

Clean and serviceable. Shared facilities that are clean and have good locks, so no worries there. At 55E/night, ya can't beat it!

muckypup
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby muckypup » Mon Apr 28, 10:04 pm

chigusa wrote:nazi anti smoking shits

I'd use 'cunts' instead of 'shits', but I suppose that's because the word 'cunt' is irrationally viewed as more offensive by the type of pansy spunkstain cocksuckers behind the smoking ban, and I think offending them as much as possible is far more important than the objective accuracy of the epithet used.

chigusa wrote:i would like to line the bastards up and force them to smoke forty fags a day through one of those beagle style smoking masks.

This is a great idea. Do you think it would be acceptable to take run-up knees at their wobbly, interfering, worthless guts whilst forcing them to do it, or am I perhaps going too far?

Nah. I can't be. Stringing the cunts up would be too good for them. Bastards.

dub
regular
regular

Postby dub » Tue Apr 29, 1:44 am

I got a warning at the Banks Mansion for smoking weed.

I mainly stay at the Mansions when I'm over & have never had a problem before, this time however was different. I got a warning letter first which made me chuckle, 100 Euro fine if it happened again.

I smoked again in the evening & one in the morning before departure, upon checkout the very pretty girl on the counter said one of the cleaning ladies had smelt it again & the fine would be imposed, I said prove it was me & I will pay your fine. She could not prove it so she let me off.

muckypup
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby muckypup » Tue Apr 29, 2:27 am

Never a problem at the Kras. Don't stay anywhere that doesn't allow you the freedom to smoke.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Tue Apr 29, 8:20 pm

muckypup wrote:
chigusa wrote:i would like to line the bastards up and force them to smoke forty fags a day through one of those beagle style smoking masks.

This is a great idea. Do you think it would be acceptable to take run-up knees at their wobbly, interfering, worthless guts whilst forcing them to do it, or am I perhaps going too far?

i think that would be just the job, can't imagine why i didn't include it myself.
and you're right they are cunts. fucking cunts.

Dave J
power poster
power poster

Postby Dave J » Tue Apr 29, 9:49 pm

May I suggest finding the most rat infested part of Amsterdam, get the cunts stripped naked & tied to some rusty railings?. Not just that, then thickly paste the cunts gennitals in fish paste or rotting animal matter and let the rats do there best with the fuckers.

Of cause allowing them 100 ciggs each to try and dampen out the pain they would enjure might make them see the point of it all!!!.

I also wander weather it would be worth letting them butt fuck each other 1 last time first?.

Adoran
super poster
super poster

Postby Adoran » Wed Apr 30, 9:58 am

Never had a problem with these places (though we usually do open windows etc):

The Rokin (canal house anyways, tho that was a few years back!)
The Acro (stayin there again in a week and a bit - in a nice quiet area near Leidseplein, rookies, noon etc)
NH City Centre Hotel - no problems, nice hotel. (Very near kadinsky and softland... really nice seats in softland...mmm comfy)

Problem places so far:

Definate no in the Botel. Had some haughty person down from reception laying down the law. Pipe tobacco ok, cigars ok (not that we smoke those, but you could smell them in the place) but no waccy.....

Hostel in the park - nope. Out front Ok though a pain in the ass.

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Wed Apr 30, 10:10 pm

Rho now have a non-smoking sign. Sad because it is one of my favourite places.

Didn't stop me recently toking out the window, also noticed a lot of spliff butts had been chucked by other residents too!

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu May 01, 2:03 am

dub wrote:I got a warning at the Banks Mansion for smoking weed.

I mainly stay at the Mansions when I'm over & have never had a problem before, this time however was different. I got a warning letter first which made me chuckle, 100 Euro fine if it happened again.

I smoked again in the evening & one in the morning before departure, upon checkout the very pretty girl on the counter said one of the cleaning ladies had smelt it again & the fine would be imposed, I said prove it was me & I will pay your fine. She could not prove it so she let me off.
Two things... First, I'm giving you Warning #2... quit blazing up when you are staying at my mansion. Second... she's not a girl...

Weldon
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Weldon » Fri May 02, 12:09 am

What about the Kap Hotel on Den Texstraat. It's been years but at the time they were smoker friendly. Close to Mellow Yellow, Noon and Heinekin Brewery.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri May 02, 2:19 am

Hotel Museumzicht. It has to be smoker friendly or Viking wouldn't stay there. He needs to toke!

moe.

Adoran
super poster
super poster

Postby Adoran » Fri May 02, 8:43 am

Almost forgot. I've stayed in teh Quentin near Leidseplein twice too. No problems smoking at all, the dude who was on late one night even donated some to the cause when we asked if there would be CSs open at 2am :o).....

Funky mural of Keef from the stones in the foyer too.

First room was a bit stinky though (smell wise), though there were three of us in it and we smoked constantly so after a while you didn't notice it. Second room was just decorated and was great, though it was in the basement kinda (down some stairs, dodgy, dodgy stairs).

SkipMDMan
power poster
power poster

Postby SkipMDMan » Mon May 05, 2:03 pm

I never had any problems smoking at the former Cok City and then after at it's new name Ramada City Centre. Well I shouldn't say never, once some new desk person told me I couldn't so I informed him that I would buy said hotel and fire him (this was back in Cok City days) and stalked away.

Amusingly enough the hotel was sold shortly thereafter to Ramada.

Room 204, best room in the hotel.

I've found that the better the hotel the worse the environment for outright degeneracy, I stayed at all the 5 star ones but I tend to prefer the 3 star hotels now as long as they have been remodelled to 20th (at least) century amenities.

dieselman
just in
just in

Postby dieselman » Tue May 06, 11:48 pm

The Greenhouse Effect is spot on. Cant go wrong.
This trip we couldnt get booked up there so we are trying Apartmentpaul which also seem spot on.
Just book apartments. Ive matured enough now to see that apartments are the future.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”