Best hotel for a smoker

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Woob
power poster
power poster

Best hotel for a smoker

Postby Woob » Tue Dec 11, 2:04 pm

Whats your vote for the best smoker friendly place to stay?There was a thread on the acd and I forgot several of them.Thanks.

bongwata
power poster
power poster

Postby bongwata » Mon Dec 17, 11:47 pm

Although there are probably many good ones I've not stayed at, I'll cast my vote for (yes) The Bulldog Hotel on OZ Voorburgwal. You can't smoke in the room, but they have a 24-hour lounge/bar for guests only. Reasonably priced, it's right on a canal, convenient to Centraal Station, the Dam and the RLD, and also has a canalside terrace that's good for smoking. Plus, if it's raining and/or you don't feel like walking anywhere, they've got the Coffeeshop Energy in the same building. It may not have "connoisseur" weed, but you CAN get decent weed there.

Can't say much for the free breakfast though.

BW

Cantona7
power poster
power poster

Postby Cantona7 » Tue Dec 18, 2:41 pm

nothing at the airport. i booked a hotel at the airport last time and ended up being to paranoid to smoke there.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

abba

Postby chichi123 » Tue Dec 18, 4:52 pm

Good old Abba Hotel. Queen's Day I smoked on the balcony with 3 Queens that worked there.
Cheech

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Tue Dec 18, 4:54 pm

I can tell you to stay away from the Marriott at Leidseplein...no smokey there....bastards!

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Tue Dec 18, 5:02 pm

TrekknHil wrote:I can tell you to stay away from the Marriott at Leidseplein...no smokey there....bastards!

hahahaha.......Trek and Boney were staying on the same floor when we all met a couple years ago. I still don't get this point:

So Boney gets a bug up his ass and smokes a spliff then calls room service to say the room smells like smoke and they come and spray. Then he turns around and does it again and they come and spray again. I mean wtf was that about?

Cheech

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Tue Dec 18, 5:08 pm

Sure Boney got to smoke...me...they threatened to throw out.....not bastards....cs'ers

Woob
power poster
power poster

Postby Woob » Tue Dec 18, 8:47 pm

Thank you for the replies.I booked at Hotel Uptown/The Rookies.The past 2 trips I was at vijaya-nice easy laid back place for me.This should be a good choice from what Ive read.

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Wed Dec 19, 2:23 am

chichi123 wrote:So Boney gets a bug up his ass and smokes a spliff then calls room service to say the room smells like smoke and they come and spray. Then he turns around and does it again and they come and spray again. I mean wtf was that about?

har har!
that's brilliant!
one can only hope he maintained a dignified, yet morally outraged demeanour
heh heh heh

s:.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

sid

Postby chichi123 » Wed Dec 19, 2:30 am

Sid,
Thank goodness I was not there. I had ascended on down the canal by then.
Cheech

BTW, I have had the pleasure of seeing Boney standing on his tiptoes atop a toilet to blow it out the airduct. Then I followed.

Again Cheech

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Dec 19, 3:02 am

Woob wrote:Thank you for the replies.I booked at Hotel Uptown/The Rookies.The past 2 trips I was at vijaya-nice easy laid back place for me.This should be a good choice from what Ive read.

Let us know how it was, I want to book there next October.

Woob
power poster
power poster

Postby Woob » Wed Dec 19, 10:02 am

will do.

Mike
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 19, 3:19 pm

I stayed at the Best Western Eden. No problem smoking anything there.

DrTak
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DrTak » Wed Dec 19, 7:43 pm

Swissotel has a vigorously enforced no marijuana smoking policy.

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Best hotel for a smoker

Postby Hobie » Wed Dec 19, 11:41 pm

Woob wrote:Whats your vote for the best smoker friendly place to stay?There was a thread on the acd and I forgot several of them.Thanks.

get an apartment and open the window , unless its willie wortles in haarlem !

prost c(_)

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sun Dec 30, 8:47 pm

The Damrak Hotel also has a no marijuana smoking policy and if you set off the smoke alarm you will be fined 20 euro and if it's marijuana you'll be thrown out of the hotel (or so they said).

So... I just opened the door to the balcony and ventilated it; when it was too cold for that I smoked my little pipe, and that didn't generate enough smoke to set it off. Just don't have big bursts of smoke and open a window if you have one.

If not do what Cheech did and blow it into the bathroom airduct... I've done that before here in the U.S., Cheech lol :-)

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sun Dec 30, 8:50 pm

It was announced today that all Westin Group Hotels are going completely non-smoking with a 125 Euro cleaning charge and possible eviction if you are caught.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

we

Postby chichi123 » Sun Dec 30, 8:52 pm

We stayed in a no smoking room this last summer in New Hampshire. Somebody narced on us and we had to move to a crappy smoking room and charged 50 bucks extra for cleaning.
Cheech

courtjester
participating
participating

Postby courtjester » Mon Dec 31, 11:03 pm

Hotel Cordial, on Rokin, didn't have any issues with us smoking. At least, they didn't say anything about it. There was certainly a strong enough smell from the many pure joints we smoked in the room, and plenty of used roaches in the ash tray, if they had any doubts about our activities. Just be sure you reserve a smoking room. Anyone who smokes in a non-smoking room, frankly, deserves to face some trouble for it, if only for being an utterly inconsiderate asshole.

It was also cheap (EUR 59 in December), had an elevator, served breakfast as part of the room rate, the rooms were bigger than most in Amsterdam for the rate, and it was just about equidistant between Spui Circle and Dam Square.

Weemanio
regular
regular

Postby Weemanio » Mon Dec 31, 11:51 pm

if you can get a rubber glove, just pop it over the alarm. ;)

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sat Jan 05, 10:54 pm

Weemanio wrote:if you can get a rubber glove, just pop it over the alarm. ;)

Oh wow, Wee... I had plastic and tape I could have substituted. Does that really work? I can see the sense in it.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Jan 05, 11:07 pm

islandgurl wrote:

Oh wow, Wee... I had plastic and tape I could have substituted. Does that really work? I can see the sense in it.

We stayed at the Hotel Jolly Carlton, when I asked for a smoking room I got a nice smile from the woman working the front desk. We had a great time and smoking weed was not an issue. I would definitely go back, however next trip I think we are going to stay at Rookies.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sat Jan 05, 11:20 pm

Blueberry has told me good things about Rookies and I've also heard it from other satisfied people so it can't be too bad, Old Fart ;-)

Make sure you share with us as I'm always looking for smoker friendly, yet decent hotels.

I've thought about staying at one of the WW apartments next time. Can't beat the prices at Sativa for 55 euro a night and right across from the train station to boot, but I like the private bathrooms at the Indica apts.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Jan 05, 11:47 pm

islandgurl wrote:Blueberry has told me good things about Rookies and I've also heard it from other satisfied people so it can't be too bad, Old Fart ;-)

Make sure you share with us as I'm always looking for smoker friendly, yet decent hotels.

I've thought about staying at one of the WW apartments next time. Can't beat the prices at Sativa for 55 euro a night and right across from the train station to boot, but I like the private bathrooms at the Indica apts.

A private toilet and shower are a must for the missus; everything else is fine, including climbing three flights of stairs to get to the room.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sun Jan 06, 7:54 pm

Oooooooooooh Rookies doesn't have an elevator? That's why I wouldn't stay there... wondered why I knew it was good, yet didn't think I'd apply it to myself.

With my asthma and allergies I need an elevator... the stairways are musty when I breathe in and it makes it MUCH worse for me, not to mention climbing stairs in it and breathing more heavily. Too much of a buzzkill to go to the room after a good smoke out lol

I have stayed at the Singel Hotel 3x and LOVED it there. I always stay in a nonsmoking room and smoke anyway, just not cigarettes. They're what make the room REALLY stink, and nobody has ever said a word as pot smoke smell will dissipate. It was too expensive this CC time in November. They wanted 500 euro more for the week than the Damrak did so we went with them instead.

Yep I have to have my own private bathroom as well so I understand the way your missus thinks lol :-)

Weemanio
regular
regular

Postby Weemanio » Mon Jan 07, 12:47 am

islandgurl wrote:

yup works like a charm! :)

Colorado
new
new

Re: Best hotel for a smoker

Postby Colorado » Mon Jan 07, 5:52 am

We stayed in the Holiday Inn last year during the Highlife Fair without any problems. But then we have never had any complaints from any of the places we have stayed at in Holland, part may be our age, but we also open the window a little to let some of the smoke out. We were not the only people smoking at the Holiday Inn, the hotel had a delightful aroma, just no big clouds of smoke.

During one stay at a hotel we like in Zandvoort, signs appeared in the stairway one day saying to "please smoke reasonable", wondering if this was because of us, with the jetlag and everything we are usually up part of the night smoking dope and watching the North Sea, I went to see the owner.
The problem was from cigarettes, the people in one room set off the alarm 3 times in one afternoon, they were asking everyone to crack a window and let some smoke out.

The Holiday Inn was very nice, but the best part was the free rooms thanks to their frequent stay program, no taxes, no fees, no hassles.... just free.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Mon Jan 07, 1:07 pm

Which hotel in Zaandvort?

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Mon Jan 07, 4:44 pm

the uptown hotel over the rookies cs is pretty good for the money. friendly staff, cleanish rooms, usual breakfast and they have a huge deck out the back where you can smoke which is lovely on a sunny day. given that the leidseplein is just round the corner the rooms are pretty quiet, i was in a room on the front of the hotel and couldn't hear a thing.
the bathroom that came with my room was tiny. im six foot six and i had to sit on the bog with my feet in the shower. other than that i can't think of anything bad to say about the place.
it belongs to a coffeeshop so they are perfectly happy for you to smoke as much weed as you can manage.

Colorado
new
new

Postby Colorado » Tue Jan 08, 3:47 am

boneymaroni wrote:Which hotel in Zaandvort?

Hotel Zuiderbad.

While we have stayed in many places in Holland, this is the one we keep retuning to. We like the cheaper balcony rooms with their view of the sea, they are cheaper because your private shower and toilet are across the hall.

In nice weather it is nice to sit on the balcony and in cooler times it is nice to lean against the radiator under the window, while looking out.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”