ODD PERSPECTIVES; June/July 2003 Trip Report. Part #8

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

ODD PERSPECTIVES; June/July 2003 Trip Report. Part #8

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Oct 07, 3:16 am

Day #10 The Fate Of The Fungi...

For the first time in several days, I managed to get a breakfast in the hotel. It was the first time on this trip I had seen Mark's girlfriend. (Sabine). She is a real nice lady with dark red hair and a real chipper disposition. However, mark is 6'-7" and she has to be 5'-5" at best, so I hope they get to kiss often. Of course, you can always sit to kiss, I should have thought of that one.
She asked if my wife would be joining me, and that rather threw me. She had actually remembered my ex from last year. I had to tell her briefly that my wife was no more, so to speak. It seemed to shock her a little, as she recalled that last year was a honeymoon for us two. Yeah, life can be a trail that leads you right back to where you started sometimes. I tried not to convey much misery, as that was just about out of me anyhow. She did seem concerned, so I had to make an unusual request. I looked her square in the face and told her that her and Mark should hold on for dear life. When you can be lucky enough to find a person that you can mix with, then don't be so easy to let them go. I went on to tell her that I would hate to return next year and find them in the shoes I am in now. Please, I said give me a happy tale to think about, again hold on for dear life.
It was a typical breakfast and I made quick work of it. As not to linger on for the sake of a reminder to my failures, I headed out on the town. I doubt that I was a drag or anything, but who knows the right words to say in a situation like that? I felt I did not need to burden her with any bad vibes, as she was already busy enough getting breakfast out of the way. (I do wish her and Mark the best in life. They are both such good people and truly deserve each other.)

I had a full wind in my sail and a strong set of legs to carry along the way. The rain had stopped for the most part and the sun was trying to make an appearance in the morning sky. It was about 59 degrees now and that is important to know for what I am about to see...

Oh my goodness, you will never believe this. I had only read about this fellow on the board, but now I know for sure that he is real. This fellow with long hair and a long beard and nothing but a thong on, came rollerblading by. (BTW, the thong looked more like a jock strap.) Wow, that left quite the strange indention on my imagination. Even my imagination is not that good, so this guy must be real. Who would have ever believed that the stories I had heard of him were true... I have a decent body, and can actually skate a lot smother than this fellow. However, I don't have the nerve to roll through the streets with nothing but butt-floss on.
The poor fellow is somewhat anemic looking and could use a few pounds. I even noticed that his skates could use a new set of wheels. Well, maybe some clothes would be a better wish for him. However, I get the feeling that he wouldn't wear them if you gave him clothes. This has to be his own personal way of expressing himself. Hey, far be it from me to limit creativity. I almost forgot; he had on a set of music headphones and appeared to be jamming. Man, what a way to float through the city...

Well, with that sight still scorched in my retina, I decided to walk the Prinsengracht to wherever it took me. Headed in the direction of Central Station, I had the feeling that I would not see anything that could top that last sight. Maybe this is what Bob Dylan means when he says the words "Remember to Forget..." I am thinking that it must be something like that... However, this day has just begun and you never know what you will see in the world. Not to say the world is funny, just some of us people seem to be most hysterical. (Or creative, hard to say which.) This was the second time I had left my skates at home while coming to AMS, and now I know why I left them. Na, just kidding, cause I cannot wait to thong skate through AMS. (Bet I would never get a date then, not even from Beverly. HeHeHeHe...)

When I found myself near the Central Station, I began looking for the restaurant named 'Banks'. I really made a concentrated effort to seek this place out, even asking a few shopkeepers on the way around. No one is able to tell me anything, so I kept on looking. I know Banks the Channelite knows his restaurants, so I am hopeful to find this one. I have to say, with all the hopes; sometimes it just isn’t to be. I spent over an hour looking for the place, but just could not find it. I am sure of the name, but I can't seem to find anybody that knows where it is. After looking around some more, I found myself very close to the Siberie Coffeeshop. I haven't had a smoke at all this morning, so a ghanja break was way over due. With the Siberie in sight, I was already contemplating my first purchase. Hummm, what will it be??? Yes, Northern Lights and 3 grams of it please Sir.
The fellows were playing chess as usual, and had several matches going on now. I noticed one fellow wearing an older leather hat and basic attire. In the past day or so, I had said hello to him several times. Seeing how he was not one of the contenders, I decide to strike up a conversation with him. (Maybe I shouldn't have done that.???...**&&%??) I had heard him say his signature phrase just the other day, which he repeats a lot. It goes as follows: "When you see the American Travelers here, you are only seeing the top 10 percent of their kind." I didn't have the heart to tell him that what he was calling the top 10%, were the weed enthusiast, and not considered by our society as the top. However, I tend to disagree with society's standards and say he might be on to something here. I guess if you can qualify for a Passport, you might be the top 10% of Americans.
He would elaborate from time to time. He would say that they were the tops, by way of intelligence and status in life. I sure wished I had the heart to give him a better perspective. I felt as though he couldn't handle the real deal. How, a lot of us are considered criminals, merely for the brand of tobacco we smoke. How we are considered stupid by mainstream media efforts to cover up the real stupidity. I really felt like busting his bubble and telling him a different insight. Maybe the fact that the State I live in is ranked 49th in education, out of 50 States. Hummm, that might blow a huge hole in the top 10% of Americans being here. (True we are most likely the top 10% friendliest... Ah the Ghanja.)
Let’s hope he knows how many layers of bullshit make up our society. He has just fallen victim to believing in his own layer of made-up bullshit. The Doobie Brothers said it better than I could... "What a Fool Believes." (Although, I may be the real Fool here.)
It would seem that I am harping on him a little more than I should, but he really asked for it. He was making points about money now, asking which stack would you take? Hummm, Let's see now, the 10 million-dollar stack or the 1 million-dollar stack? I asked what the toll for selecting either would be, to which he stated there was no tolls.
I had to assume that this was all hypothetical, as there are always tolls. In stressing that point to him, he became a little upset with me. He said that he could not believe that anybody would chose the 1-Mil stack over the 10-Mil stack. Continuing on he said that is just human nature to select the bigger stack. I did agree that in the abstract, the larger pile would be selected. However, sometimes life is not always abstract, so I would select the lesser pile, as it would have the lesser toll to pay. Although you say there is none to be paid, my mind will not let me believe that.
Shaking his head at me, and calling me an idiot, he found me one crazy individual. The fellow had such a vexed look on his face and even began to stress his viewpoints harder now. Actually, he rather went too far with his insults. Telling me, I wouldn't be sitting there with that old shirt and blue jeans on if I had enough sense to pick the larger pile. Stating further that he couldn't believe that I would be stupid enough to select the smaller pile, it seemed insane to him. He looked at me and apologized for the old shirt comment, and I told him it was okay...
I lied; it ain't okay to say that to someone, just because they don't support your ’Love of Money’ kind of attitude. I will take my old shirt and blue jeans over the problems of the rich any day. Now that I think about it, his hat was at least 100 years old and his clothes were no better than mine were. I felt really bad that he had said that to me, and somehow I think he felt bad about it too. He could tell the look on my face was that of hurt, so it seemed to be a period of silence. The kind of feeling where nobody knows what to say for a minute or two. I had to make a final statement, if nothing but to cut the silence. "If you think there is a stack of money with no problems attached to it, just for the selection, you are sadly disillusioned.” With this said, I told him that maybe we just disagree and should leave it at that.
He told me that he doesn't even consider people worthy of conversation if they have not read three books. I have to ask what those books were. At such time he gave me his list... 1) 'Old Man and the Sea', "Hemingway"... 2) 'Of Mice and Men', "Steinbeck".... 3) 'Catcher in the rye', "Salinger"... Well, I must not be worthy of your conversation, as I have not read any of the three books, I said. However, I have read 'East of Eden' by Steinbeck, and moreover I have lived it. Exchanging a few unusual looks left us both wondering about each other...
After a minute, we changed the subject, talking of where he was from. He was a British fellow now living in Holland. He didn't exactly spill out his life's story, but I gathered enough. He spoke of having what is equivalent to a Social Security number, in Holland. I asked if he was disabled in any way, seeing how he always appeared to be perfectly healthy to me. I never did get a clear answer on that one, just a lot of wiggling around and such. Hummmm, let me see now.... You stated that of the American tourists that come here, they are the top 10% of their kind. Am I to believe that someone who has migrated here and lives off the system, is to say who is the top 10% of any kind is. I think I am catching on now.
Well, that pretty much ended our conversation. Besides that I had long finished my joint of Northern Lights and I think it made that fellow higher than me. (Must be some truth in the second hand smoke theory.) I had to make a wave goodbye to the camera, as if anybody would be watching at this hour. Seeing how there are Channelites in England, it is possible someone was viewing. (You just never know...)
I left the Siberie Coffeeshop with an array of thoughts. I felt rather bad about the clothing comment he made, and will ponder it the rest of the day. He just made me feel like a lower class person. That I may be, but I felt he was the same and no better than I was. The possibilities in life are endless, yet we limited ourselves. I can only hope I have left that English fellow thinking as much as I was at the moment. I hope he will get over his conceptual thinking of money, and how he thinks it makes the man.
As I walked along the Singel Canal doing some people watching, I could almost look into their future. Some of them were embracing each other with the "I will be with you until the end", kind of look. Others seemingly had that look of peril on their faces, the one I had recently been through. You can almost see it in other couples, yet you hardly ever see it in your own situation... It was at this very moment, I felt that my healing was well under way. I had long ripped that piece of heart out that LO used to possess, and had a patchwork quilt covering the hole now. Underneath it all, there will be a heart growing, and it will be a strong one. I feel I will have just enough of it left to make one more attempt in finding my life mate. I will make the best of my next and final decision in this area of life... I promise... I know what I want in a mate, and I know she will eventually cross my path. I can only hope my eyes will be open when she does. I have made many wrong turns in life, but find myself at a critical juncture in life's intricate web of illusions. (Oh yeah, the real me is coming back.)

Making a few turns and twists through the ever-turning streets of AMS, I am seconds away from my home base. Yep, the Old Style Coffeeshop it is. After walking in I notice that the two young fellows are running the place today. Neither one of them could possibly be over 25 years in age, but still manage to run the shop with a degree of authority. Not rude by any means, just holding a firm stance as the older Dutch fellows do.
I grabbed the second table on the left and just got a cola for the moment. Looking out the window, I saw a place across the street that I have never paid much attention to. It was called "Willie's... The Flying Dutchman." It is apparently a bar and I have never been inside of it. The shop window was rather neat though. With a ship and a pool table painted vividly on the glass and an Amstel Bier sign as well. I could just see inside the place from here, and it did look rather neat. It seemed to have a lot of wooden furniture and brass work inside, and I bet it is cozy indeed.
I was suddenly snapped out of the coma by some Kansas music playing, 'Dust in the wind' nonetheless. What a perfect time to grab a 1.25-gram bag of Silver Pearl bud for 10 Euros. Mixing some Kief from Stix with the joint, I had myself a nice little skinny, I call them. It was not one of my usual golly-whoppers, but still was big enough to do the job. Therefore, with the smoking of this morsel I decide to head to the Damrak to catch a tram to the hotel. Cleaning my table and leaving something for the barkeep, I head out from my home base coffeeshop with a smile on my face. Only to catch a tram at the usual Damrak stop to the hotel.

Just as I step off the tram, I heard quite a commotion going on in the canal. It was a very small boat that had a musical instrument on it, that was rather unique. It was like a small piano, which played wooden fold out boards with holes cut in them. The holes were apparently so the machine knew which cord to play. (In retrospect, It was more like a giant music box.) He would occasionally accompany the instrument with a French horn. (I think that was a French horn???) I have to tell you, he was quite the performer. He circled the area and starting drawing quite a crowd. After he had played several songs, he stopped for a brief period and held up a fishing pole with a wooden shoe tied to it. This was for any contributions that the crowd may see fit to bless him with. Several people put a few coins in and I had to drop several Euros in the shoe as well. He played for another 10 minutes and I found it to be so cool. The fellow had a trailer boat following him, with two fellows aboard. I suppose this was in case of emergency. As you watched him steer the boat in a circle, you get the impression he has done this for quite some time. Even as bigger boats passed by and created ripple waves, he managed to hold the little boat to course. (He was quite the performer.) I could not resist getting a photo of this particular sight and can't wait to put it on my web-site.

After the musician was a bit up the canal, I ran up to Stix Coffeeshop to have enough ghanja to smoke. I got a couple of cokes and a couple of grams of the Royal Stix weed for 7 Euros a gram. Then I made my way back to the hotel and upstairs to the room, for a nice midday shower. Not to mention the fate of the fungi was about to be decided. Funny thing how I felt like waiting till the 10th day to make the call on the shrooms huh??? Well, I have to tell you that I have never really been a fungi man, and have only done them on three prior trips to AMS. Basically, because my mate at the time was quite the natural consumer of mushrooms. Although, I will not be consuming anywhere near her past consumption amount, I will be indulging to see something for myself. I gobbled down one of the two packages, which contained one-gram each. The fate had been sealed for one of the grams anyhow...
Before the fungi gets into effect I decide to walk around a bit. It is always good to feel them coming on before retreating to the room. I head out of the hotel to the left and make a casual walk towards Central. As I headed two streets up, I saw it... Yes, that gold colored El Dorado that I have seen on the past few trips. I can remember the first time I saw it, Sept. 2001. It was in perfect shape then, and looked a little aged on the second and third times I saw it.
Now, it was in really bad shape. Missing its hubcaps, paint faded, and the convertible top was not looking good. Seeing how this was a rainy day, the top was up. I didn't see the infamous cowboy hat the driver always seems to be wearing. In fact, the windows were rather fogged and it was hard to see the two people in the car at all. The El Dorado was just sitting on the bridge that crossed over the Prinsengracht. His engine was running and it seemed as he was waiting for some unknown reason.
Unknown only for a moment... As I was observing, I noticed a fellow walk up to the driver's window. The window rolled down and they begin to chat to each other. I was not in ear shot of the car, but summarized that this was indeed some kind of illicit deal. I think I am beginning to understand why his car is in such ill repair. (Speculation would have it that hard drugs have taken our El Dorado driver through the mill.) Now, I might be wrong, but I just get the feeling. If I am correct, and given the past pattern, the next time I see this car it might be up on blocks and rusted to pieces.
It seems funny when you get a time lapsed look at something that appears to making radical changes. It just seems strange to see this automobile in such terrible condition, when just two short years ago, it was pristine. (Time Can Do So Much...) Seeing how they didn't really need anybody watching their business being conducted, I made my way up the street. I did look back to make sure that it was the same vehicle, and it was.
It is like seeing one of those abandoned houses on the way to the beach. I always wonder what the hell happened??? It makes me sad to the heart to see something progress to this level. If you had seen the car in 2001, and the driver there of, you never would have imagined that this could be the case. Oh the sadness that comes from life's wrong turns.
Oh no, I think I feel the beginning of the fungus. I felt a surge of energy and my vision started to clear... Uh oh, it was starting to happen. Yeah, the fungus is among us. Not long after the onset, I have to make my way to the room. Room?, you say, Why? Well I am an extremely introverted person and getting shroomed up takes away the door closing system my mind uses to get out in public. I always feel like I am unwanted when doing these things, and that is just me. What they really do is make me think in such an unusual way.
I feel like I gain strength from this kind of buzz. So much so, that I cannot really function in the general public. Not to mention I can get a little giggly under the effects of these little caps. I just feel like I am always about to bust out laughing at any moment, so I stay away from people while the brunt of the buzz gets past. It is hard to try to explain what they do to me. I can say that they can make lovemaking so close and bonding. (If you are with the right person.)
My pupils were wide open as if I had done a micro-dot of old days. (And they were few.) A mushroom buzz in general was very similar to LSD. Even sometimes, your stomach will roll a little bit. Of course, I have a sensitive stomach as it is. Shrooms are not as taxing on the system as the windowpanes or micro-dots, but had the same useable cerebral mental overviews.
I finally got to plug in my music CD's for a charming little listen. I put the 'Sailing to Philadelphia' disc in that Mark had given me. Dam, there is one song on this disc, that was chanting out the words "The last laugh, Baby is yours..." Tell me music doesn't have a way of finding that crack in your armor, and telling the world about it. Sometimes a song will not mean anything to you, until you live through it. Then it can mean the world to hear its notes being played. Of course, at my age a lot of songs hit home, as I have lived through a lot of interesting little situations.
I have to say right off, I have never hallucinated in my life. Never seen walls melt, ghosts, or any unreal things in the night. It just works on the inside me, mostly my thoughts. You can believe this or not, I actually find it working on my spirituality more than anything. It has a funny way of leading me to God, so to speak. (Man, this has to sound a little strange.)
The first assault was kicking in and my conscience was taking a turn on the rollercoaster. It really brings back every mean thing I ever done. The stolen candy bar when I was 10 years old, cheating on this girl when I was 13(kissed another girl)-and she smacked the taste out of my mouth right in the lunchroom of the middle school cafeteria. (Talking about embarrassing) Hey, not to mention the girl I let walk out of my life when I was 19. Hey, how about all those underground fights I fought in when I was young and crazy. Even the cross words I had on rare occasions with my mother, (God, I miss my mom. I would have gladly taken her place.) As you can tell from where this is leading, tears actually roll down my face during these shroom journeys. I had written in my April Trip Report that taking toadstools with my mate was a special event, and we would blend together as one. (Now, I feel really guilty) Lies I tell you, all lies... We never blended together in our lives. I am now feeling so bad about writing those lies that I cannot figure out what to do. You can blend with someone while under the effects; it's just that my ex and I never were on the same page. I could tell you a story of what happen one night on our honeymoon that would blow you out of the water. I will say this again, some things I will carry to my grave. Besides that, what would be the real need???
It is quite the shame that one has to feel such a hard lash when trying to buzz. Sometimes that is the buzz, the buzz of deep and never-ending thought. While riding the feeling, one can almost see the almighty. Not with an actual visual perception, but as if the molecules can be formed while squinting just right. In this state of mind, I guess you could almost convince yourself that you wanted to see anything. I really don't believe you lose any control or nothing, but I think you could if you wanted to. I have actually sat for hour’s motionless just thinking. Thinking about everything under the sun is a popular practice. (This may be why I don't really like doing these things, shrooms that is.)
I have put in the 'Making Movies' CD and the Dire Straits was sounding pretty good right about now. Smoking a bowl or five of what kinds were available in my weed pouch, as I didn't even bother to check what kind each bowl was. When you are shroomin' you just smoke weed for the flavor. The ghanja is good, but cannot catch up to the effects of this buzz. Watching the smoke rise is yet another enjoyment with wide pupils. Looking out the window has taken on a new meaning now. I can see the Montblanc tower clear as a bell, not to mention the Munt tower was seemingly right in my face. ///Step away from the window, I said step away from the window.///
Several hours rolled by and I felt more confident about walking about the city. Pulling my "cousin it" hairdo up, as not to scare the real people, I headed down the steps. Keynote here: The first step outside is the hardest. Once you take that one, it is like perpetual motion, you just get yourself in motion and it is so hard to quit.
Instead of taking the tram, I felt like walking a bit. It is just hard to get in tight quarters with people when I am still feeling the effects of the fungi. I might start giggling now that the mental beat-down stage of the buzz was over. It is the 'laughing remnants', that remain with me the longest. Rather than to appear giggling for no apparent reason, strolling along is a much better option. After making my way to the Damrak area, I had to get me a sandwich and some other munchies at the place on the same side of the street as De Kuil Coffeeshop. I am not sure what the sandwich was, but it looked good in the counter and smelled good heating up. (Yummy Yum, not bad at all.)

I am a creature of habit as I find myself headed back to the Siberie for another web-cam appearance. However, this was an appearance while under the influence of the fungi. (This trip has proved to be the one I tend to see the same coffeeshops a lot. I love that part too.) I was still having mixed thoughts of what that fellow had been talking about this morning. He is not here at the moment and that is a relief actually. However, there is a fellow in my regular position at the web sitting area. (The nerve of some people.) Hummm, I have an idea...
After noticing that they had that more colorful strain of the Siberian Tiger 1 smoke, I promptly ordered 4 grams of that ghanja and a couple of colas. Yeah, might as well get two at once. So, making a quick post on the computer, I had to pull up a stool and kind of nudge in at that infamous corner. The fellows kindly made a little room and I didn't waste any time beginning my roll up ceremonies. Wrapping a two-gram hooter to the amazement of this new fellow, that was actually sitting in my regular seat. He was smoking a hash and tobacco joint that seemed to be rolled rather nicely. I could still see his eyes pop out a little at the size of the hog-leg that I was twisting up.
With a hooter as big around as my thumb and a lot longer, it was only minutes before I had a good cloud whirling around the table. I started a conversation with the new fellow. He was from Turkey and almost exclusively a hash smoker. However,,,,, he kept eyeballing my joint so I offered him a hit. I must say he was a brave fellow, reaching for it rather quickly. Well, he had a drastic blood pressure rise after that. I could actually see his face turning red after his second and third hits. He passed on any further hits after that, and actually had to leave a few minutes later, still coughing. What is it with these joints of mine??? I think it's that they are such the size that you can get a tremendous hit off them without realizing it. Then of course, it is too late... Cough, Cough, Cough...
Well by default I got my regular seat back, and that was all right, I guess. I did rather feel bad thinking my joint had actually run him off. Na, this is a coffeeshop and I know smoking is supposed to be okay, right???
One of the regular chess players was chatting a bit and introduced himself; Matise is my name and yours would be??? I answered with Danny and I am from North Carolina. I must say that Matise was a bit eccentric. Sporting a gloss black finish on his fingernails, so I am just thinking he is into fashion. He seems a nice fellow who went on to tell me of some events and parties that were happening over the next few days. Most of which were at the Paradiso Club. He told me it is a converted church, and that there were several other places that used to be churches that were converted into other businesses. He told me that with the decline of attendance, churches would rent out their space to business in need. However, that is space saving for sure, I bet that doesn’t happen in the States much. "Church' is big business where I come from. Years don’t go by in my area that some new 'Southern Baptist' branch is opening a new shop, so to speak. Alternatively, more rather, running a retirement village and claiming it 'Tax-Free'. I hate cracking on this kind of thing, but their own book of learning has the words "Give unto Caesar that which is his." Now, they want you to pay dues to be in the group, but don't want to pay taxes themselves. Go figure...BTW, I do believe in God, just not the little clubs, so to speak. (Oh Goodness, I am off topic again.) So, anyhow it was a pleasure meeting Matise, but it was time for the web show to be over for the evening. With all the commercials, our airtime was up. (Not really, just needed to make another visit before the night ends.)

(Man, those shrooms are still giving me power. Whew, the ghanja buzz doesn’t stand a chance.)
(It’s like the lights are bright, and things have a sheen to them. Moreover, life is all a glow.)

It is such a short walk to Old Style from here and I wanted to stop by for a bit. At the wet bar was the fellow that I rather resemble, with his hair back in a ponytail. I asked him for some lighters and his tray was almost empty. The other fellow went upstairs to get a new box of lighters, and returned with a box and a half. The barkeep handed me the half box with 10 'Old Style' lighters in it and told me they were on the house. Now, I know they sell them for only 1 Euro each, but dam that was such a nice gesture. I really don't know why they like me so much; I am just an average customer. It can't be my natural good looks, as I have none. Maybe it is just the years of being an average customer. The vibes have gotten friendlier, seemingly after LO... Maybe they are showing appreciation for not bringing her back.. LOL... Na, I am just clowning around, but it does seem strange.
I had to buy me a bag of their now infamous Blueberry bud and roll me up a small one for the smoking. I swear this tastes like you are actually smoking real blueberries. It really is the best strain of BB bud that I have seen in all of AMS. I imagine that the Rokerij has the same strain, seeing how the same people own it, and have the same weed menu. (I wished I had verified that.) It always gets crowded at this time of the evening, so I decided to head on out for the hotel. You know some day I am going to have to see if they will render me a room upstairs or something. This is my home base shop, so why should I have to go far from my bed to get there. Hell, I would work out a deal to open the place every morning. Hummm, I sense a deal working...???
Making my usual path through the Nieuwendijk, and making a left on Oudebrugsteeg to have Damrak be right in your face. The tram 4 took a few minutes, so I lit up a cigarette and waited for it. I noticed a rather interesting thing with these trams. If you look up the track to see if one is coming and you see nothing, then nothing is coming,,,, Right??? Well, somehow or another you can light one up and within 3 seconds a tram is dam near at the stop. I have noticed this phenomenon on many occasions and wonder if a cigarette is really a tram-calling whistle. It is a strange thing, but these noisy and slightly creaky things can sneak up on you in a matter of seconds. You sometimes realize it when he is inches away and chimes the bell noises. Quite naturally, this will scare the hell out of you and dam near makes you swallow you cig...
Well yes, he got me again. No, I didn't swallow the cigarette, but close... Just like a previous night, I have spotted BlueBerry on the tram, as she had gotten on at C-Station. She spotted me this time, and had to yell out at me. Well, not yell but loud enough to get my attention. I moved over to her section and just like the night before, we decided to get off at Keizersgracht and head right up to the Stix Coffeeshop. Good thing Stix is open late... This time the place was not crowded at all, and we managed to grab a nice booth and hoot another joint. Besides, it is good to have a late evening smoke with a friend. Not to mention it is always good to have a friend to chat with too. Good conversation and good ghanja... Speaking of which, I made a 5-gram purchase of their Royal Stix weed for 32 Euros. When you get 5 grams of any product, you get 10% off, right on the spot. We were having a conversation with a couple of very nice young gentlemen, who was on their first day of vacation. (How Sweet...)

After many exchanges of ideas, we decided to head on out. Not to stop smoking or nothing, as I smoked another 2-grams upon arrival at the hotel. (With the windows open of course.) I was completely over the mushrooms and just starting yawning on the comedown...
I can say that the weather was a lot better than yesterday, but still rainy at times. The temperature never went over the low 60's during the entire day. I am not going to complain, but just be glad I get to be in my most favorite place. Looks like my level of smokage has went up, choking down 11.5-grams of the good-good ghanja today. Not to mention the two grams of mushrooms I had gobbled down, and somehow reckoned with...

Question is; what will happen to the other little bag of shrooms???

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 07, 5:36 am

Another great read,LH. I wish I hadn't just started a 4 day layoff on the bud, oh well. That musical instrument you saw on the boat in the canal is a calliope....the music never stopped...sorry, the deadhead in me came out there for a sec. Ahhhh microdot, it has been almost 3 decades since I have seen any of that, it brought back a few good memories, one is of an acid party a friend threw, and during the course of the evening he spilled almost all of them into the shag carpeting in the living room, a few people went home with some free microdots, I wasn't one of them. Also your mention of how psychedelics can bring out all the deep dark things that we keep hidden away and magnify them until they are much larger than life. That is why I was told to always go into a trip in a happy mood with someone you trust, I've not listened once and will never talk about the results of that night to anyone...ever! Keep up the good work LH, and thanks a lot for all the time you've spent on these reports, I know your typing skills are similar to mine and it is quite a chore...thanks again.

moe.
Last edited by moe. on Tue Oct 07, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hebe
power poster
power poster

trip report

Postby hebe » Tue Oct 07, 12:33 pm

hey man,i know a lot of people that take thier worst clothes with them and then throw them away when they leave, that way they do not have to carry an extra bag. unless i know i'm going somewher special i don't even pack good rags. tell'em to fuck off. as i get older i now tell people exactly what i'm thinking when they say shit like that. of course it helps when you're 6'3" and 300 lbs but it helps. nice report,we might be over there at the same time and we'll do a bunch.peace

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: ODD PERSPECTIVES; June/July 2003 Trip Report. Part #8

Postby dannymac » Tue Oct 07, 12:43 pm

Just one great trip report after another from you LH! I only wish that Brit 'pensioner' could read these things - he may just have to ad your trip reports to his list of 'must reads'.
I'm disappointed we weren't able to meet up on my recent trip through your neck of the woods, but...
LastHamlet wrote: ....."Church' is big business where I come from. Years don’t go by in my area that some new 'Southern Baptist' branch is opening a new shop, so to speak.....
...I was saying the same thing to my wife as we were taking back roads from BlueBerry's place to the Bilmore Estate. It seems there's a church around every corner.

Can't wait for your next installment!

foxiehaha
power poster
power poster

Postby foxiehaha » Tue Oct 07, 3:56 pm

Maybe I'm just low on oestrogen today but some of that writing made me quite tearful. What a fabulous read. I quite lost myself there.
Lotsa love,
Foxie.x

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 07, 5:56 pm

*Passes the tissue box to Foxie*

moe.

Fooz

Buzzed out

Postby Fooz » Tue Oct 07, 11:46 pm

Was it just me, or is there a strong undercurrent of latent 'subversiveness' to that last fabulous read by LH.

Focusing in particular on the 1 mil v. 10 mil conversation at Siberie, it seems to my mind as though LH and the man with the "leather cap" were flirting, in dom/sub kind of way.

But its probably just me.

FOOZ

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Thanks One And All...

Postby LastHamlet » Wed Oct 08, 3:30 am

Humm, never thought about it that way Fooz. Honestly though he was not my type. LOL...
Sorry to make you teary eyed Foxie, that is why we like reading your light-hearted and most funny reports. They cheer us up after one of mine, so to speak.
Moe did pass you a tissue though.
Deep insight Moe, I feel that was good advice. Tripping alone was some 'way-to-deep' kinda thinking.
Ah, but I still have one package left???
D'Mac, I hate I missed you too. I hear all of you had quite the smoke-fest... No stools even... LOL... Wished I could have been there, it would have been like this past June... Darnit...
Hebe, can't wait to catch you in the Dam. I'll roll the first 'J' man..

Bestest of All Wishes To All...
LH.

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Wed Oct 08, 5:17 am

Do you think you're going to read the three books to which the hat guy referred?

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

LH, keep writing instead

Postby dannymac » Wed Oct 08, 1:23 pm

LTD, I don't think he has the time. He still has a good portion of his own 'classic' to finish writing and posting here.

d3kings
super poster
super poster

Postby d3kings » Wed Oct 08, 3:55 pm

Another great report LH. I totally know where you're coming from with the mental as opposed to the visual trips. I'm surprised you made it into De Kuil while you were still feeling the effects. I stumbled in there towards the end of my 'trip' in February and by the time I finished my joint, I was running for the door just to get away from EVERYONE :)

Looking forward to the last two days.

d3kings

foxiehaha
power poster
power poster

Postby foxiehaha » Wed Oct 08, 4:34 pm

No need to apologise babe it was a great story. I was a bit low yesterday.

Thank You Moe, you're a true gent.
Lotsa love,
Foxie.xx

Bigfattudboker
power poster
power poster

Postby Bigfattudboker » Thu Oct 09, 8:27 am

Great read LH!

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

It is a Strange one.

Postby LastHamlet » Fri Oct 10, 6:13 pm

LTD, I am not sure rather I will read them or not. Maybe some day though.
D3Kings, It was all I could do to stay sane. I know what you are saying about the 'getting away from everybody' thing. Sometimes I just can't do the general public do, so to speak.
Thanks Bigfattudboker.

nellie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby nellie » Fri Oct 10, 9:31 pm

The Flying Dutchman is the main ex pat bar uptown. Try Amsterdam Stun on the net a free news sheet and see lots of my pals. I am sure I have seen Mark in there.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sat Oct 11, 8:34 pm

LastHamlet wrote:Day #10 The Fate Of The Fungi...

Oh no, I think I feel the beginning of the fungus. I felt a surge of energy and my vision started to clear... Uh oh, it was starting to happen. Yeah, the fungus is among us. Not long after the onset, I have to make my way to the room. Room?, you say, Why? Well I am an extremely introverted person and getting shroomed up takes away the door closing system my mind uses to get out in public. I always feel like I am unwanted when doing these things, and that is just me. What they really do is make me think in such an unusual way.

...."I've given this thought and ROOM is safer, especially in a foreign land, by oneself. Good call, I think."

Daytripper wrote: I feel like I gain strength from this kind of buzz. So much so, that I cannot really function in the general public. Not to mention I can get a little giggly under the effects of these little caps. I just feel like I am always about to bust out laughing at any moment, so I stay away from people while the brunt of the buzz gets past. It is hard to try to explain what they do to me. I can say that they can make lovemaking so close and bonding. (If you are with the right person.)
My pupils were wide open as if I had done a micro-dot of old days. (And they were few.) A mushroom buzz in general was very similar to LSD. Even sometimes, your stomach will roll a little bit. Of course, I have a sensitive stomach as it is. Shrooms are not as taxing on the system as the windowpanes or micro-dots, but had the same useable cerebral mental overviews.

"Let Windowpane tax me anytime it wants to." Lordy, dem's da daze"

DisbeliefSuspender wrote: I have to say right off, I have never hallucinated in my life. Never seen walls melt, ghosts, or any unreal things in the night.

"It is a belief system and a letting go of certain reality"

CocoonMan wrote: It just works on the inside me, mostly my thoughts. You can believe this or not, I actually find it working on my spirituality more than anything. It has a funny way of leading me to God, so to speak. (Man, this has to sound a little strange.)

"Nothing could be farther from the truth. A very, VERY well-described trip"

Excellent report. I am gonna be tripping alone too. I will laff and spit-up, but hopefully not in public.

WOOP!

daddy
participating
participating

Postby daddy » Mon Oct 13, 9:04 am

hi

crying is the reason why i dont want to shroom, we all have problems some of us just have more i guess, im still going to even tho i know i shouldnt and shouldnt even go to the dam, but what the hey! what cant kill us can only make us stronger(atleast thats what they say).
LH when im messed up in the dam this report of your just might save my life( lol ) and will remined me to enjoy it as you have.
thanks

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Mon Oct 13, 10:07 am

Great read LH...don't you know the smoker's rule? Light a cigarette and the bus/tram/food comes. Works everytime

daddy
participating
participating

Postby daddy » Mon Oct 13, 5:28 pm

"You can almost see it in other couples, yet
you hardly ever see it in your own situation... It was at this very moment, I felt that my healing was well under
way. I had long ripped that piece of heart out that LO used to possess, and had a patchwork quilt covering the
hole now. Underneath it all, there will be a heart growing, and it will be a strong one."

hi

i remember my only love, i was so good to her, spent so much time taking care of her, i had to see her atleast 4-5 a day, some times spending the whole day with her, just talking and stuff.
i even waited for her and never cheated, i must say i was kined of bad when she wasnt ready yet but still you cant fined many as caring as i was,
untill one sad day, she was kidnapped, chopped up and thrown in the garbage of a super market,
i didnt even get to know if she was really a she, so sad i was and still am,
its ok, since i didnt even know i had to polinate her, i wasnt good enough for her(or him, eewww)
i also have a stronger heart now, and am ready to have another, only if i could i would, but i need my own place first which will take awhile.
and about other mates, well bro having your heart broken is better than your heart always belonging to yourself and never knowing what love is.
thanks
somonth

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Mon Oct 13, 8:44 pm

Oh Yeah...I passed Banks...I didn't have my camera...but I will keep my eyes open. I also passed a bar named Banks. Popular name over here.

Newbie Doo2
power poster
power poster

Postby Newbie Doo2 » Tue Oct 14, 2:23 pm

Another deep and meaningful insight LH..........a truly great read.

A few things that stood out in my mind :

1) The dickhead in Siberie.....what gives him the right to judge someone by the clothes they wear......f***ing tw*t, and worse of all he was British..I am ashamed. You should have asked him about the leather hat.....was he in the village people or something?
Oh and another thing.. if you haven't read the three books, you are not worthy of his conversation......what a pompous prick!!!

2) What happened on that night during your honeymoon.....you are so nice and reserved that you won't tell anyone.

and just to lighten the mood a little............

3) Nice way to get your "regular" seat back by giving your J to the Turkish guy.........on a subconcious level I think it meant.. if you can smoke this, then you are welcome, if you can't get out of my seat Jr.

LH you really are a gentle man I dont know how you managed to keep calm with the british guy.

Respect
ND2

TheGoatMan1
super power poster
super power poster

Brritish guy

Postby TheGoatMan1 » Tue Oct 14, 11:26 pm

I think the fact that LH was so able to keep his cool when this guy was clearly being an @$$ just shows that LH is the better man of the two.
I only hope that i could be so forgiving if someone treated me that way.
And The trip report was marvelous as always......only hope i do so well with my trip reports! Keep up the Great work LH!!!

TheGoat

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

What a thread

Postby LastHamlet » Wed Oct 15, 6:50 pm

You people are the greatest. Just take a read at all the responses on this Trip Report, you people build a wonderful thread. Thanks All for the kind remarks.
What an interesting read 'Daddy' I had to read your post three times, what a saga...

Hopefully I have another part coming this evening.
Best Regards All,
LH.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Wed Oct 15, 8:38 pm

TrekknHil wrote:Oh Yeah...I passed Banks...I didn't have my camera...but I will keep my eyes open. I also passed a bar named Banks. Popular name over here.

As one crazed resident of Tokyo screamed to another as Godzilla descended upon the city, "Take the pictures! Take the pictures!"

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Sat Jan 30, 9:34 pm

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”