pics from november 2007

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

pics from november 2007

Postby 27guldens » Fri Nov 23, 1:54 am

Hello Channelites,

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc144/fodeam/

Here are some pictures taken during my last trip in November. As always, we had a great time in Amsterdam.

We ate herring, and all kind of food from all over the world, rode our rented bikes, and drank genever…

Sorry, but writing a full trip report is too much effort.

Thanks for all your suggestions with accommodations, restaurants, etc. They have been very useful.

I’ll be back when I’m ready for a new trip…

J.

PS. I miss beer in coffeeshops

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Nov 23, 4:34 am

.......................ty

.......................favorite

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Fri Nov 23, 6:55 am

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Chili

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Fri Nov 23, 7:29 am

27guldens wrote:...Sorry, but writing a full trip report is too much effort...

well...ok
the pictures make up for it---i like this one the most
the contrast of the cool blue/grey sky
and the warm orange glow of the homes
very nice indeed

s:.

nellie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby nellie » Fri Nov 23, 3:28 pm

I see you were in one of my favoutite bars for romancing. I love the atmosphere in there.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Fri Nov 23, 8:16 pm

Great pics..thanks

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Fri Nov 23, 9:56 pm

sidhe333 wrote:
27guldens wrote:...Sorry, but writing a full trip report is too much effort...

well... ok, this is a telegraphic report on the highlights of the trip:

Drinking genever and eating dutch 'tapas' in the bars around Spui (Hoppe was our favourite, and had the friendliest service).

Riding the bike under a storm, and filming it with a videocamera without any fatal crash!...

Finding De Diepte open again...
Listening to live music in Maloe Melo, Paradiso and the Waterhole...

A delicious middle east dinner in restaurant Eufraat (cheers Anne!)...
And trying food in restaurants from many different parts of the world: chinese, indian, african, french, mexican, japanese, indonesian...even tried Dutch food!

The funky vaporiser in Katsu, the ice hash from Bushdoctor, and the 'sour something' weed from Abraxas.

Getting drank in Gollem (both of them), Nes, all the pubs in the Heineken Plein, Rookies, Hunters Vodka Bar and the Greenhouse effect, a lot of Irish pubs, De Buurvrouw, De Duivel, Winston, The Minds (the cafe in Vrankrij was closed for rebuilding works), In t Aepjen, De Balie, the pubs in Nieuwmarkt, Cocos, The Tara, De Jaren, and many many more...

And of course, walking in between bars (enjoying the sights and the sounds of the city).

J.

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Fri Nov 23, 11:59 pm

How did you like the Minds? The Duvel has good sandwiches, by the way. I'm not a big fan of de Balie and de Jaren myself, too big and a lack of atmosphere. Glad you had a good time.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Sat Nov 24, 1:05 am

Nice pics thank you for sharing them and I also highly recommend the ice hash at Bushdoctor's.

Peace,
IG :-)

hazel
just in
just in

Postby hazel » Sat Nov 24, 6:48 pm

Just curious, I'm planning on checking out a lot of those bars( Gollem, 't Arendsnest, In te Aipen, Belgique) is it pretty common for all of them to be packed all the time, or is it pretty easy to get a spot/stool? I hate waiting in line. Also I'll be alone so usually if there's no seats I can hug a post or a bench and suckle my beverage - I don't take up much room.

Purperen
super poster
super poster

Postby Purperen » Mon Nov 26, 2:47 pm

Some nice photos there, especially the evening shots. Thank you.

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Mon Nov 26, 3:06 pm

hazel wrote:Just curious, I'm planning on checking out a lot of those bars( Gollem, 't Arendsnest, In te Aipen, Belgique) is it pretty common for all of them to be packed all the time, or is it pretty easy to get a spot/stool? I hate waiting in line. Also I'll be alone so usually if there's no seats I can hug a post or a bench and suckle my beverage - I don't take up much room.

Not sure about Gollem, but there's usually plenty of seats at Gollem II in de Pijp.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Tue Nov 27, 6:30 pm

Hazel, have a nice trip, and don't worry about the bars... The only place where i can never find a seat is in the tiny Grey Area coffeeshop.

Anne, although i always feel like i'm the oldest 'punkrocker' there, i like the Minds. (I miss their old pinball machine).
De Diepte is my favourite bar for real rock'n'roll / garage / punk music in Amsterdam

I think De Balie is ok for a quite drink before hitting the Paradiso.
And i don't know if we are talking about the same 'Duvel'... i was referring to 'De Duivel', the funky/hip hop club in Regulierdswarsstraat.

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hobie » Tue Nov 27, 8:39 pm

hazel wrote:Just curious, I'm planning on checking out a lot of those bars( Gollem, 't Arendsnest, In te Aipen, Belgique) is it pretty common for all of them to be packed all the time, or is it pretty easy to get a spot/stool? I hate waiting in line. Also I'll be alone so usually if there's no seats I can hug a post or a bench and suckle my beverage - I don't take up much room.

My favorite Bar is "Cafe` Remember" in The Red Light , good food & DrinK .... and spacious

BTW Nice report 27 G ........

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Tue Nov 27, 9:52 pm

27guldens wrote:Anne, although i always feel like i'm the oldest 'punkrocker' there, i like the Minds. (I miss their old pinball machine).

You're not the oldest at the Minds, the bartenders André and Walter are. Walter once helped me stealing my own bike when my purse was stolen at the Minds and I didn't have a second pair of keys.

De Balie just reminds me of the cantine in college too much. It's weird.

Ahh, I was referring to de Duvel near the Albert Cuyp. My bad.

genypher
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: pics from november 2007

Postby genypher » Wed Nov 28, 10:17 pm

27guldens wrote:Hello Channelites,

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc144/fodeam/

Here are some pictures taken during my last trip in November. As always, we had a great time in Amsterdam.

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

genypher
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby genypher » Wed Nov 28, 10:20 pm

Gollem became a favorite bar the moment we walked in to it and we returned several times while there in April (4 or 5 I think...) and ALWAYS found a seat.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

WOW!!!

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Dec 03, 1:59 pm

Many Thanks, clicking the slideshow option was simply wonderful... The rainbow, the nice canal views, the happiness of the couple on the canal bridge, the electric penguins, and all. Not to mention the bicycles, and was that a bicycle built for 4???
Simply wonderful, it made my gloomy morning, soooooo much better :-)
LH

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Mon Dec 03, 2:08 pm

genypher wrote:

Gollem became a favorite bar the moment we walked in to it and we returned several times while there in April (4 or 5 I think...) and ALWAYS found a seat.

I prefer Gollem II because it's closer to my house. Nearly walking distance, I'd say.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”