November 2007 Cannabis Cup trip report

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

November 2007 Cannabis Cup trip report

Postby islandgurl » Wed Nov 21, 3:41 pm

As my countdown approached I had an uneasy feeling about my plane going over to the dam, so I asked my family and friends to please pray. Well, it sure worked as my plane had to make an emergency landing in South Carolina on the way to pick me up because there was something wrong with it. Lost a whole day in Amsterdam, but at least not my life. Would have been very bad to be over the Atlantic with no place to make an emergency landing, so I'm counting my blessings and with Thanksgiving coming, it's quite fitting.

FINALLY got to Schiphol to have a 4:20 smoke with usbonglord who met me at the airport with a big fat cone of NYCD wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee we missed the first train smoking it and I just waved goodbye lol yeah like I really cared... I was smoking a fat CONE!

Went to the city to check into my hotel; stayed at the Damrak Hotel right on the Damrak this time WOW can't get any closer to CS, really. I thought it was going to be VERY noisy staying there, but was pleasantly surprised because I had done my research and asked for the 5th floor balcony room which was completely remodeled with a nice bathroom. The balcony was small but really cool to step out on and people watch while we smoked. The price couldn't be beat! It was 695 euro + tax for a week and because of the communication I had with them through emails, I got the 5th floor balcony room for the same price as a double which was approx. 88 euro a night and included breakfast. Breakfast was mediocre; cheese, salami, ham, toast, hard boiled eggs, orange juice and cereals, but I'm not a breakfast person anyway so I just grabbed a piece of cheese and some OJ most mornings. They have an elevator which is very important for me, but no air conditioning for those of you staying in the summer; doesn't matter in November BRRRRRRR

COFFEESHOPS hhmmmmmmmmmm I was VERY disappointed with Grey Area this trip. Usually I find at least ONE awesome strain there but not this time. Their entry (Chocolope) was just as sucky as it was when I tried it back in April. Flavorful to a point, yes, but no strength at all.

Barney's entered the same thing they entered last year which was also disappointing, but the G13 Haze is always good. I bought some NYCD from Barney's as well. It's the end of the season for NYCD so it's not as good as it could be, but the flavor and aroma are there which I LOVE. I bought some from Trefpunt again but haven't tried it yet lol I'll let y'all know about that. I also bought some Santa Maria from Trefpunt 5 grams for 30 euro... VERY nice!!! I really like Trefpunt... great deals and great stuff. I always take the budtenders advice there, plus I had USBL to help me pick things out and he knows his stuff when it comes to weed and quality. It was quite refreshing to coffeeshop crawl with someone who can keep up with me lolol ;-)

Rokerij 4 was outdoing itself with their Kali Mist at 15 euro a gram. Expensive yes, but worth every bit!!!!!!! Grabs ya by the boo boo and holds it for quite awhile lemme tell ya. Here's a pic of USBL and I in Rokerij 4 getting baked wheeeeeeeeeeee

Bushdoctor's entries were Cherry Bomb 2 grams for 20 euro and Mazari Maroc Ice hash 25 euro a gram... can you say YUM and WHOA?!!!? That was the very best combination of the trip for me. I was sitting upstairs on the 3rd floor watching the street below staring at the blue neon lights across the street with a huge smile on my face lololol now THAT'S a buzz!!!!!! I sure don't get one like that very often so when I do I REALLY notice. SO smooth for hash... yummy and strong.

Willie Wortel's had some kick ass Jack Herer for 8.50 euro a gram and for every 50 euro you spend you get 12.50 more free, so it was a better deal than most places and much better quality also. I wanted to try milehigh's suggestion of "Willie's Special" but they had run out of it that very morning; I was there early afternoon UGH I LOVE Willie Wortel's shops, always quality there.

This trips honors went to Basjoe's OH MAAAAAAAAAN I LOVED it there!!!!!!!!!!! They weren't entered in the cup and I didn't care one bit, they were the best. VERY nice brothers that own it and they go WAAAAAY above and beyond. They broke out some of their personal stash and let us buy some that wasn't even on the menu called Bubble Haze MMMMMMMMMMMMM oh boy was that good stuff!!! We also tried something else totally kick ass and were going to buy it, but the source ran out of it before they could get more for me. KUDOS for them trying, though!! They got the Bubble Haze as a replacement just because they're so nice and good to their customers. One of the brothers made a special smoothie just for me to suit my tastes. I just can't stress enough how much I LOVED this coffeeshop and the dudes that own it. One of them gave USBL some of his own hash because it was USBL's birthday celebration. Now usually I'm not a fan of Love Potion; it has a nice flavor and smell but the strength is rarely up to par for me but not here. Basjoe's Love Potion has been the best I have ever tried and I've tried it from a few different places. Their Amnesia Haze was the best they had for sale... strong, smooth YUM!

I had to leave early but USBL has told me he has found another good one... Blue Cheese from Amnesia. Sure would like to try that, haven't tried it since Bluebird coffeeshop and theirs was good so I'm sure Amnesia's is GREAT. If USBL says it is? It IS lol we found we have very much the same kind of taste and tolerance.

The meet and greet at Freeworld on Saturday at 6 was just wonderful!!!!! I really miss seeing milehigh and his girl, J. I love that woman and find her to be unceasingly interesting every time I talk with her. She's so strong, a quality I have long admired in women of her caliber. Smart, strong and cute too lol just what a woman should be *~wink~* you hit the jackpot with her, mh and tell her the hash cookies were AWESOME, does she make anything bad???????? lolol

It was so nice meeting everyone else... Bigbob, Moe, Doc, Philter, azdz or whatever your screenname is lolol you were sitting to my right and I remember you :-)

Please forgive me if I forgot anyone's names but given the situation, I'm sure it's understandable... until next time my fellow weed lovers.

Toke, smoke & peace,
IG

smoker_moby
power poster
power poster

Great Report

Postby smoker_moby » Wed Nov 21, 4:14 pm

Great Report IG!!!

Sorry to hear that about the grey area!!!I love that place usually hopefully when im over next week they will have some good stuff in!!!

Once again cool report, enjoyed reading it very much.

Matt

shantiman
power poster
power poster

Postby shantiman » Wed Nov 21, 4:31 pm

Good report. I have some santa maria growing right now. peace.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Wed Nov 21, 8:56 pm

Girl you were awesome nice meeting and smoking with you, sorry there wasnt' more time, till next time, Philter

Cantona7
power poster
power poster

Postby Cantona7 » Thu Nov 22, 12:07 am

great report island girl!

wow i am dissapointed to hear you say that grey area sucked this time around. i tried chocolope last summer and really liked it, but i thought they would bust out with something special for the cup. hopefully they step their game up in december. i was wondering if you ran into a few strains, but i will pm you and not flood the board with ym questions.

SlyCrayon
super poster
super poster

Postby SlyCrayon » Thu Nov 22, 6:28 am

Nice report, islandgurl. Basjoe is a nice little shop, good ambience, personal service, can't beat that. High flight!

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Postby FlyByNite » Thu Nov 22, 7:06 am

Nice report IG. You should come to Haarlem more.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Blue Cheese and Amnesia.

Postby oracle » Thu Nov 22, 4:38 pm

Must be a miss understanding IslandGirl.....Amnesia CS. have never sold the Blue Cheese.

Best,

.oracle.

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Blue Cheese and Amnesia.

Postby Boner » Thu Nov 22, 6:01 pm

oracle wrote:Must be a miss understanding IslandGirl.....Amnesia CS. have never sold the Blue Cheese.

Best,

.oracle.

Woah, blast from the past!!

Where have you been hiding?

I'm in town beginning of Decemebr if your around for a smoke?

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri Nov 23, 6:34 pm

oracle wrote:Must be a miss understanding IslandGirl.....Amnesia CS. have never sold the Blue Cheese.

Best,

.oracle.

WOW hi, A!!! Missed you this trip, I think it's the only one I haven't seen you.

Yep I had never heard of Amnesia having Blue Cheese either but I'm just going on what I was told by USBL. He was there after I left... he's still there so I can ask him when I talk to him next, but he makes notes at the coffeeshops so he doesn't forget. I'll be surprised if he was wrong, but I'll have him look at his notes to make sure, A. I wouldn't want to give wrong info. you know me and I wasn't there for that one so I'll double check it.

Hope you and jBomb are doing well, man. Too bad I missed a smoke with ya this time. :-)

Peace,
IG

UPDATE: The Blue Cheese was crap afterall so it doesn't matter lololol sheesh the man needs me there to keep him straight... or is that NOT straight? heh ;-)

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Mon Nov 26, 3:42 pm

Boner wrote:

Best,

.oracle.

Woah, blast from the past!!

Where have you been hiding?

I'm in town beginning of Decemebr if your around for a smoke?

Cool! PM me when you arrive etc. 'Ave a wicked trip. (And errrrr watch out for the lads'..............)

Space is a myth........

.oracle.
Last edited by oracle on Mon Nov 26, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Mon Nov 26, 3:49 pm

islandgurl wrote:

Best,

.oracle.

WOW hi, A!!! Missed you this trip, I think it's the only one I haven't seen you.

Yep I had never heard of Amnesia having Blue Cheese either but I'm just going on what I was told by USBL. He was there after I left... he's still there so I can ask him when I talk to him next, but he makes notes at the coffeeshops so he doesn't forget. I'll be surprised if he was wrong, but I'll have him look at his notes to make sure, A. I wouldn't want to give wrong info. you know me and I wasn't there for that one so I'll double check it.

Hope you and jBomb are doing well, man. Too bad I missed a smoke with ya this time. :-)

Peace,
IG

UPDATE: The Blue Cheese was crap afterall so it doesn't matter lololol sheesh the man needs me there to keep him straight... or is that NOT straight? heh ;-)

'Allo IG!

jBomb? Oh yeah..............when we first hooked up, he said that i would never get him into dance music. Well, things' 'ave gone down ever since.
Muhahahahahahahaharghhhhhhhhhh....................

Amnesia, I go there nearly every day, after 4.00 pm, especially when my mates are working.

Oh by the way, when you were in town, you didn't by chance find the lost map of how to get to the toilet in Amnesia from the coffee counter?

Space is a myth,

.oracle.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”