Almost a horrible NON vacation.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

confuzn
power poster
power poster

Almost a horrible NON vacation.

Postby confuzn » Fri Feb 14, 3:24 pm

As of Monday 2/10/03 we were not going to be able to take our trip and make it to Holland. The buyers of our home wanted to move the date back. They had already moved it back 90 days (yes Ive waited for months for the house to close), and this has caused a few problems. Because of some financial problems in reloacting, moving and selling the house, our Trip funds were low, so low that we had no choice but to cancel our trip days from when we were to take off. A huge dissapointment as we had already paid for our tickets, paid our apartment deposit, and bought numerous other things for the trip.

The kicker is this is our honeymoon, and we were not going to be able to make it (because of my poor planning, I keep blaming myself).

Now I have to say thanks to everyone that helped us in our time of need. When people found out we wern't going they knew something was very wrong. All my good friends helped, emptied their bank accounts to loan us money, and have sent us to Holland!

Well enough of that. I just wanted to say thanks, you know who you are.

confuzn

PS: Its valentines day, Anty I love you.

docski
super power poster
super power poster

Postby docski » Fri Feb 14, 4:55 pm

What a nice story, glad things have worked out for the two of you. Look forward to seeing the both of you on the 21st.

Doc

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Fri Feb 14, 5:53 pm

You certainly have nice friends.

So now you can add a late closing penalty fee to the buyer: All expense paid round trip for 7 days in Amsterdam for two.

Hey, gotta keep the priorities right!

Porkchop
power poster
power poster

Cool

Postby Porkchop » Fri Feb 14, 9:19 pm

Mi casa es su......

Porkchop

Tolstraat @ 2:00

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Feb 14, 10:22 pm

whew.....sounds like a close call, glad you guys are gonna make it!! Can't wait to hear the trip reports, especially the coffeeshop crawl:))

Have a wonderful and safe trip across the pond!

And congratulations on your marriage, good luck you two - what a honeymoon IN AMSTERDAM - wow, how cool is that!?!

BlueBerry

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”