trip report part 1

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

patrick

trip report part 1

Postby patrick » Thu Feb 13, 5:13 pm

hello everybody first of all thanks to dapoopa and his friends, douglas and james, also thanks to buc o five, vermeer, porkchop and his friend dave. they were all nice enough to meet me for a beer and a smoke. it was alot of fun. when i had told my wifes daughter we were meeting people from the internet in a hash bar in amsterdam she insisted they were probably pyscho internet killers but turned out they were all nice friendly educated people.

the trip started out with a hour flight delay out of houston, it did not help i sat at the wrong gate for about 2 hours wondering where the plane was. as i sat and waited my wife noticed alot of commotion near our gate. seems somebody who was arriving in houston had a heart attack in flight. it was really kinda strange watching from a distance as they did CPR on him. i felt very sad for what appeared like his wife and kids that were traveling with him. the flight itself was uneventful, one minor problem was a tremendous line we had to stand in for a security check at heathrow airport. heathrow was very nice with lots of shops and resturants/bars. we finally got to board a airbus aircraft for the 45 minute or so flight to amsterdam. 45 minute flight and they still served free drinks and lunch. god bless british air. arrived at schipol and took the mandatory bathroom break to pee on the fly.

we took the quick trip on the train to central station (3.10E one way) this was my first time on the train when they actually asked to see my tickett. there is alot of construction in central station and in front so be prepared. we decided to just carry the luggage to our citymundo rental. half way there i had to stop for a smoke. we were at the oude kerk and decided to try the old church coffeeshop just behind the oude kerk. i had not been before but it turned out to be reasonable nice. bought 1.9 grams of ice skunk for 12E. all of the gear was prepackaged. the dealer did let me pick from several bags he layed on the counter. it was very skunky and got me trashed very quickly. the decor was nice, the place was clean and the music was kinda grunge rock. sitting there enjoying my high we begin to wonder the time. we sat in the window seat and forgot that there was a huge clock tower directly above our head. it was starting to get dark and my wife was a bit nervous about being able to find the apartment in the dark so off we went in search of our room. we found the address and it looked excately like the pictures on the city mundo website. still abit early so we found a coffeeshop were we could sit and still see the apartment. coffeeshop estase, what can i say, prepacked gear, i got 1.9 grams of orange bud for 12E. i rolled almost all of it up in one joint and smoked out, in fact smoked out so much the owner came over and cracked the door to help vent some of my smoke. estase was clean but i felt kinda pressured to buy weed, they guy actually meet me as i walked in and handed me a menu. the music was regga and low enough to talk over, we watched down the canal and sure enough about 5 minutes before our prearranged meeting time the light in our room came on.

CITYMUNDO ROCKS it was excellent and i doubt i will stay in a hotel again. after a brief tour of the place we went to the host's kitchen to pay and get a key. came out total 382E for 7 nights, it was basicaly a room with a fridge and coffee maker and a sink. two single beds that could have been pushed together. the best part was the view, we were on the first floor and had a window the width of the room looking out on the oudezijds achterburgwal canal. we were just south of the end of the RLD, inbetween the cannibis college and the hash museum directly across the canal from the flying ducthman seed company. only draw back of the room was we had to share the bathroom with 2 other rooms, fortunatly for us the other 2 rooms were unoccupied for most of our vist. after adjusting to the room we decided to vist the grey area, once again the grey area had the biggest best buds of all. i got a 5g bud of grey mist for 35E. it was incredible. probably the best bud of the whole trip.

we made a stop at the supermarket and as usual forgot to bring my own bag with me to carry the stuff home. got tons of sandwich making stuff, also got a bag of sugar which i spilled all over the check out counter. the lady was not real happy but did tell me not to worry about it and went on with her checking. i can not stress enough about remembering to bring your own bag to carry your purchase home with, i forgot 3 times in a row. by now it was late in the evening and we went to the room to smoke, eat and watch out the window. watching late night tv i learned alot about snooker, lol the best one ball pot shooter in the world.

2nd day watched the city wake up thru the window, walked down to the sensi seeds bar, they were only a couple minutes from the room and i found myself over the next week spending alot of time there. it was very nice inside and had small pot plants growing in the windows. they do not sell weed there but do sell beer, drinks and seeds. they also sell pipes and papers etc. cheaper then any other place i found. very clean and the music was great. the best part was the place seemed to fill up with young beatiful women all the time. next stop was the noon for the 5g blueberry for 23E. that was the only special on the menu. the place was nice enough, comfortable seats and good music, i even heard some old pattie smith songs. the noon was full of locals playing chess, i waited my turned and got to play, i even won much to the surprise of my opponent and the regulars and the bar. rode the tram back to our side of town and relaxed, later that evening we toured the RLD and stopped in the dread rock CS. i stopped to try the bizar product but they were sold out and i ended up with 1g of white widow for 6E. regga style coffeeshop with a full bar. we were the only ones in the place and the dealer let me pick the music. next stop was Rusland coffeeshop, 1.7G of Kali mist for 12E, prepackeaged. the music was trance/electronic. they also served the best milkshake i had on the entire trip. sat next to a american who said he had been staying at the radison hotel across the street for 4 days and had not been anywhere but the rusland and the radison. the rusland was nice with lots of space but i could not handle the music and we went back to touring the RLD. i must say now i kinda understand the "nina kramer jokes. p.s......find the old sailor bar and look across the canal, look for the tall burnette, she was with out a doubt the prettiest nina kramer i saw.

well i am just back and will try to finish my trip report over the next couple days.......had a great time and am already planning another trip for next year. the biggest changes since my last vist in october was there seemed to be fewer bums/junkies and more police and of course construction everywhere.

peace.........thanks again to all i got to meet.........patrick

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Thu Feb 13, 8:09 pm

.........keep it coming! .............can't wait to hear the rest:))

Great report! And glad you liked your citymundo apt, BTW....what unit # was it you stayed in??........sounds like it was an excellent location.

BlueBerry

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

WOOT!

Postby a bollocks » Thu Feb 13, 9:15 pm

Eggs-cellent report, Pat-man.

I am now considering Citymundo for Nov. As BlueBerry asked, "What number Citymundo apt was yours?" Sounds groovy. Also, nevahmind those Dumbasses on the old board. Your report was very detailed and very helpful. Thanks!

WOOP!

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Thu Feb 13, 11:12 pm

Nice report. Life doesn't get any better than being in Amsterdam........

:-)

Smokey Joe
participating
participating

Very Nice Report

Postby Smokey Joe » Thu Feb 13, 11:54 pm

Made me want to "scatch that itch".....real bad. Keep em coming, I'm looking forward to reading your reports.

Caio

SJ

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Fri Feb 14, 3:48 am

Dam you make me miss Amsterdam, I loved the way you gave detail about the types and prices currently. Sounds like a neat trip, keep on trippin with the details. I'll be keeping an eye out for your next report.

excitableone
power poster
power poster

Postby excitableone » Fri Feb 14, 4:59 am

very nice!!! hopefully i'll be reporting in march?? peace~

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Feb 14, 6:48 am

To: a bollocks

Got this from patrick in a pm,

Quote by patrick:
{Quote}The city mundo number was L01050, it was just south of the end of the RLD. it was great, the entire front of the house is for rent and the host lives in the back. everything was spotlessly clean. great location, about 5 minute walk from dam square and about a 15 minute walk from central station. the room had a fridge and a coffee maker, a sink and color tv with remote. bath linens were provided and the bathroom was nice. the beds were real beds and the sheets were changed every other day. the host was very nice and the only time we saw him was our first meeting. smoking was permitted.

BlueBerry

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Great Report.

Postby LastHamlet » Fri Feb 14, 2:33 pm

I wished I was there, bet it was a load of fun. It sure sounded like it. I agree with 'a bollocks' don't let the people on the old board bring you down. I did like the 'Red Foreman' response you gave them. I am still laughing about that.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Jun 09, 6:33 pm

just a quick bump for old times sake,

jerkypete49
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby jerkypete49 » Thu Jun 10, 1:39 pm

That's right.

Keep living in the past.

patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Jun 11, 9:04 pm

thats right

just go on and on any chance you get. its what makes you special.

patrick

Postby patrick » Mon Jul 28, 2:47 am

Bu.p

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Mon Jul 28, 5:17 pm

I know this is a very old report, but the Citymundo room described sounds just like the one I stayed at in 2010. My only problem with it was it got awfully loud when the bars closed and all the drunks spilled out onto the streets. Fortunately, I brought ear plugs and it was only an issue the first night.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”