Sit-N-Spin #4

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Sit-N-Spin #4

Postby LastHamlet » Fri Jul 13, 7:28 pm

I thought I had seen the last of the Professor of Amsterdam, and yet another missed member of the Channels Forum, being Nogbin.
A phone message on the Viking's phone and a meeting had been set.

At first, I felt a bit slighted, as I had come to appreciate the meetings with Nogbin, and always considered it a time-honored tradition to be able to see him on my visits. However, my last visit in 2005, I had seen not a sight of my buddy, and it had me a bit concerned.
So, why was I a bit slighted??? (All in my head, of course)
Well, I felt as though I had said or done something that might have offended him, and maybe that is why he had not PM'ed me???
Not so, as soon as I checked my channels messages, there it was, a greeting and meet-up message,,, and it was good to be wrong.
A gathering with Nogbin is always a friendly event... Don't let his mild-mannered looks fool you, he can smoke with the best of them, and usually has a great stash of smokeables, on him.

I still flash to the first time I met him, he actually gave me some hash and keif. Funny thing is, and I never told nobody this, both of those samples accidentally made it home. My life, at that time, was in the finest of tragic LastHamletesque form. My marriage was crashing, my self-esteem was shattered, and I could not have felt any less of a human being. Too long a story to re-hash, but in the midst of the madness, I placed the hash in my camera bag... Weeks after arrival back home, it was discovered. Dam, it made me scared at first, being one of the few self-confessed, busted in 95, individuals. Just a small amount, but any is too much in the eyes of customs. After the fear left, of course, I had to get rid of the said hidden stash... :-)

I wished I had the social graces to know the right things to say, at the right times, but truth is I am a homebody and never honed my social skills. However, meetings in Amsterdam are a bit more comfortable... For one, I can be smoking my vice of choice when actually meeting-up with people. We all know that can be relaxing, however, it still does not compensate for lack of good social skills, just makes you more relaxed in being yourself. I roll the dice, and sometimes I am welcomed in, sometimes I say the wrong thing at the wrong time, and have to slowly back out. I never mean to offend anybody, as I just like to smile and have a good smoke... It's hard being public enemy number 1, so be it.

All The memories these streets have, for others as well as myself. You may find yourself recanting that you done this at the Melkweg, or stood in front of Nightwatch in Rijks for hours, on shrooms. It all gets hazy through the years, with wonderful remnants bleeding into mind, at opportune moments, of course. Even if it REALLY wasn't, it Was the best weed, the best sex, the best this, the best that, all in Amsterdam. Maybe we just believe it so much, or dream it if you will, that it becomes so??? Just Maybe :-)

Us fellows smoked, we even ate Falafel, smoked some more, and talked of some of the past events. The best, and dare I say, only two trips the worst, of all the memories I have accumulated in life, come from this unbelievable made-up wonder world... A world that has the balls to thumb it's nose at the rest of the planet's farce drug laws, and be damn polite about it, I might add. Smooth, very smooth I tell you, and God, I love them for it. Being someone who used to charge a lot of windmills, and even a few to this day, I take a back seat in comparison of accomplishments.

We could all spend days walking down those reminiscing halls. You know, of remembrance of the times in late Spring or Summer, when the sun stays out late. The temperature difference between the shady and sunny side of the street, the commercials on the tram screens, and even those people we see each time we come... Be they shopkeepers, street musicians, tram drivers, or even homeless people... Nothing is worth nothing, unless you make it so. These moments, people, and places, are worth the world to me.

The days of wonders, changed plans, better ideas, fade into the evening hours, then into the dust of our dreams. If you just got to sit-n-spin, at least love where you do it, or go where you love.

Hoping to understand all the circles, one day. Hoping to sleep forever, or sleep no more, if the case proves to be the opposite. Hoping no one else spins like I do, and hoping there will not be another,,,,,
LastHamlet

Your turn X, I believe the beer drinkers have spoken, and I never mind being bested.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Fri Jul 13, 11:42 pm

You put it very well, LH, this respect and longing we have for this city, tho we live far away. Still it is a motivating factor for me. That I will be back in the future. In the meantime, growth is possible!

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sat Jul 14, 12:05 am

"As the World Spins..." so do the days of our lives...
The master weaves another tale of the mind while visiting beloved Mokum... thanks for the tale!

brandx

Re: Sit-N-Spin #4

Postby brandx » Sat Jul 14, 2:08 am

X
Last edited by brandx on Wed Oct 03, 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Times Pass By...

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Jul 16, 2:34 pm

Oh the times we do have in AMS, and some will stick to us forever.
Thanks Fellows, wished it could have been better.

X, I sure wished I could take a trip this winter, it would be a grand thing to see the sights I have never seen. The leaves off the trees, the colder weather, the sounds you described... Ahhh, the magical times we have had in AMS, and to then add a winter trip to the mix, does sound wonderful.

In ways I think we sort of wait for omens to tell us, it's time to bust a move, or what may be the case. Goodness, a lot has happened in the interim since the "Odd Perspectives" series, and how I wished I had taken different steps... Don't we all??? Though the steps I have taken have been a learning trail, some things I would have rather not known. However, it is for the good times mixed in, that seemingly make it all worth while, the ongoing struggle we all must endure.

As to manners and social skills, I guess we all have a different interpretation of activities and mannerisms, so maybe each person (Or, the one aforementioned), justifies their actions in what fashion suits them best... Or, sometimes, what language suits best, be it made up or acknowledge.

All The Best Regards,
LH

Dano
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dano » Wed Dec 12, 1:47 am

Banks wrote:"As the World Spins..." so do the days of our lives...
The master weaves another tale of the mind while visiting beloved Mokum... thanks for the tale!

If he is the Master are you the slave?

BTW you misspelled "tail"

MikeFromTx
super power poster
super power poster

Postby MikeFromTx » Wed Dec 12, 6:09 am

Dano wrote:
Banks wrote:"As the World Spins..." so do the days of our lives...

If he is the Master are you the slave?

BTW you misspelled "tail"

You have too much time on your hands DANO.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Wed Dec 12, 2:02 pm

I am deeply saddened, that not since the last retarded chimp pulled these same antics, has anyone pulled up relics from the past, just to make "homo-references" to. I must say, in all sarcasm, how original.

I feel sad for him, his kind, and like the Aqualung, a time may be coming for his passing... Being much compared to an unsightly zit on the butt of life.

Still, lingering in the back of my mind, is hope that he will change, though I'm not holding my breath.

Dano
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dano » Wed Dec 12, 6:23 pm

Should I go on a big baby deleting binge like you and birdie?

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Wed Dec 12, 6:32 pm

"Still, I see no changes..."
2Pac

cmamste52
power poster
power poster

Postby cmamste52 » Thu Dec 13, 4:32 am

Last Hamlets trip reports are excellent-his trip reports truly make me feel like I'm back home in Amsterdam. Its nice to hear people reminisce about Amsterdam in a manner that I can appreciate but certainly could not describe in words.
So I thank Last Hamlet for his great trip reports and contributions to the board!

"Learn to see me as a brother 'stead of 2 distant strangers..."
2Pac

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Thu Dec 13, 12:02 pm

Spectacularly whimsical and gloriously self indulgent they may be but i for one, have always enjoyed LH's reports.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Dec 13, 2:29 pm

I rarely get to add the next volley, and most needed block, that I would if given the chance... Thanks cmamste52, no one has ever done that before.

"We gotta change the way we eat, the way we live, and the way we treat each other, the old way's not working, so it's on us to do what we got to do to survive.... And still, I see no changes..."
2Pac

You got to know Bruce Hornsby never minded getting his tragedy, reworded. From the lessons of 'The Way It Is", and the struggles of those times, then brought into a modern scene, is a timeless statement. One that brings a tear to the eye, as our hearts go out to the "little old lady"
As hard as it is to believe, some things are beautiful tragedies, and yet could easily be changed... But, that is, the way it is.

God, I for some strange reason, in a strange way, love those timeless statements.

Dano
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Sit-N-Spin #4

Postby Dano » Sat Dec 15, 8:33 pm

LastHamlet wrote:My life, at that time, was in the finest of tragic LastHamletesque form.

Isn't it always?
LastHamlet wrote:I wished I had the social graces to know the right things to say, at the right times,

We all wish you did too
LastHamlet wrote:but truth is I am a homebody and never honed my social skills.

Too busy honing your shootfighter skills?

LastHamlet wrote:I roll the dice, and sometimes I am welcomed in, sometimes I say the wrong thing at the wrong time, and have to slowly back out. I never mean to offend anybody, as I just like to smile and have a good smoke... It's hard being public enemy number 1, so be it..

You poor tortured soul.

GlassPipe
power poster
power poster

Postby GlassPipe » Sun Mar 09, 5:15 am

LH - I feel the same way about social situations. I thought that A'dam would have been a little different for me, but I was clammed up like a nun during pride day unless someone talked to me first.

I get in a room with 4 poeple that I've known all my life I shut right up and don't say a word. But somehow, I'm able to articulate my thoughts and feelings on the internet forums. Sure is a great place for us social introverts.

Maybe we'll get a chance to sit in silence together one day over a joint. I don't meet too many people like myself - obviously.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Mar 13, 10:47 pm

Hopefully so Glass Pipe, hopefully so.

Some times it is hard to find the right words, sometimes it just hard to not think that someone will hate me for saying whatever it is I am about to say, but don't.

It has almost created a situation of OCD with me, where it is an endless array of where will I go wrong today.

Maybe a timing issue, or maybe we have to be who we are.

To the joint of silence, and the million unspoken thoughts,
LH

GlassPipe
power poster
power poster

Postby GlassPipe » Fri Mar 14, 4:56 am

Here's to it...

Oh, wait, I'm still at work.

I work in a tiny little room at huge auto manufacturing plant. Thousands of people and I'm stuck in a room about the size of a large holding cell at the county jail.

Go figure.

It would be great if my wife and I could share one in silence. She takes one toke and her mouth starts up! Gets really chatty for a while, but it's all good. I like her - I'll keep her around.

Here's to one day. I'll toast to it in the morning.

tuttiflutes
super power poster
super power poster

Postby tuttiflutes » Fri May 23, 7:53 pm

I got to say first hand LastHamlet ,
your social skills are supurb. Something special about a southern gentleman's charm.

SlyCrayon
super poster
super poster

Postby SlyCrayon » Tue May 27, 2:14 am

Don't sweat the small stuff, Hamlet. I am glad to have met you and tuttiflutes live in Amsterdam April 2008.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Tue Mar 09, 4:15 pm

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”