Live from A'dam, day 0.5

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Couch
power poster
power poster

Live from A'dam, day 0.5

Postby Couch » Fri Jun 01, 9:28 pm

Plane arrived at 8:00am local time, but 2:00am according to the clock where I left. As usual, I can't sleep much on planes, so I got maybe an hour or two of sleep on the way over.

The hotel can't find my reservation when I arrive. I'm running on fumes at the moment so not pleased at having complications. Howver, the desk clerk manages to look up the reservation on the main Best Western site (BW Eden hotel) - whew! Not rooms are clean at the moment but she offers me the apartment next door. I had read some sketchy reviews of the apartments, but this one was fine. Could use a coat of paint but servicable, and probably bigger than their standard rooms.

I head out passing Barney's Lounge. I debate going straight to it, but I haven't eaten in a long time, so I decide to keep walking. The weather is GREAT! Sunny and warm with a cool breeze blowing. Besides it's a great day for girl gawking too! The dutch women are as beautiful as ever, and I nearly forgot their secret to sexiness - The Boots! High-heel boots is like +50 sexiness points in my book. Sigh, I love it here.

So, after some food around Leidseplein (just a burger at the touristy Skysports cafe right on the plein), I head back towards Barney's. Very nice place. You can tell it's new and well decorated and furnished too. I've been wanting to try the Willie Nelson since reading Koopa's report, so I step up and grab a gram. Very small, light, crumbly buds with a green and earthy smell to them. 13E, so kind of expensive, but I figure I'm worth it :-) Spin up a pure J with my totally touristy and american "dollar bill" rolling technique, but with a dutch filter-tip twist. Taste is average, not bad, but nothing too special either. It doesn´t seem to hit me at 1st, so I smoke quite a bit of the J (usually a couple tokes is enough for me). I finish my drink, and head back to the hotel. POW! It´s a little creeperish, and now it hits me that I smoked a lot of that joint! Have to agree with Koopa's assesment, not the most powerful (plenty good enough for me though), but a good clear high. Was able to find my way back to my place despite being quite well buzzed.

Power nap for 3 hours and out on the town again. 8pm on a Friday night seems like a good time to wander the RLD. A fair amount of ladies out, but still very light outside so not quite at peak. Made it over to Pink Floyd where I am now. Had a Toasti, and using the internet. Think I may head over to Amnesia for one of their shakes before I head back. I'm tempted to grab some Honey B there because it was so good last trip, but I've been wanting to try the Hawaiian Snow at Greenhouse so I may hold off. I've been wanting to try the HS since it won a cup way back when. People said the quality went down shortly after that, but it's been around for years now, so hopefully it's back to some semblance of it's former glory. Will let you know in tomorrow's installment :-)

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Sun Jun 03, 11:10 am

Great report! Keep em comin....

Chili

SlyCrayon
super poster
super poster

Postby SlyCrayon » Tue Jun 05, 5:24 pm

Tomorrow's report? Couch must be power napping?

Couch
power poster
power poster

Day 1.5

Postby Couch » Tue Jun 05, 6:43 pm

Ok, sorry, the internet terminals at Pink Floyd were always in use when I stopped back.

Anyway, I did go down to Amnesia after Floyd, and had a great banana shake. I sat outside because it was sooo beautiful out. Still light out, and just a little cool breeze blowing. Almost fall-like. A very nice lady asked to share my table, and we sat outside and just chatted. She was from Copenhagen and not a smoker, but liked to sit in coffeshops anyway. Had a very nice long chat for about 2 hours. Spun up some more Willie Nelson, and enjoyed the weather and conversation. After midnight, she went her way, and I headed back to my hotel via the RLD. A good amount of ladies out, but none that really caught my eye. Made the mistake of turning on my computer back at the hotel and wound up playing video games until 2:30am. I crashed hard.

The apartment is at street level, and I found it to be quite noisy. Usually I can sleep through most anything but this required some effort. One other downside to the apartment I discovered was the skylight with no shade or way to close it. The sun comes up EARLY! Oh well, I can sleep when I get home, right?

A little more Willie Nelson for the first buzz of the day. Wow! Hits me harder than it did yesterday. I forgot how strong the FBOTD is. It also strikes me how pungent the smell is when I burn the Willie Nelson. Stanky!

Major freak out!!! The front desk calls me and asks if I'm checkin out today. Ummm, no, I'm here for 2 nights. Oh, well that's not what our records show sir. Oh boy!?!?! What am I going to do if they kick me out? Hurry, find my itinerary. Yes! It shows 2 nights! Uh oh, what if I've lost track of time and last night was the 2nd night? Ohmygosh! I head down to the front desk with my itinerary, and she checks it out on their company website. Apparently whoever checked me in the day before only put me down for one night, even though the reservation was for 2. Their error, I get to stay - WHEW!!!

Head over to Greenhouse (Namaste) to pick up the Hawaiian Snow I've been wanting to try. The shop is pretty full, and small, so I grab and go. Walk down to Leidseplein and grab lunch, then go looking for a place to check out the Hawaiian Snow. Up to Amnesia and take a seat outside again. The HS has bigger buds than the Willie Nelson. Smells nice, looks tasty, but not really anything out of the ordinary. Burns a little slower - not quite as dry as the WN was. Smoke it up and decide to go walking to test it out. Good buzz, but more "mellow" than the WN was. I find myself walking a bit slower, and not getting as out of breath as I was with the WN. Overall the HS is a good, solid choice, but I think the WN was better.

Stumble around until I come across an Albert Heijn (sp?). I have to go in and get the prized Kinder Eggs to bring home. The Kinder Eggs are a valuable commodity both at home and at work. I need to stock up! Sadly, I forget to buy a box of those little cookies that they server with coffee everywhere. My wife loves em, but she will have to be satisfied with a Kinder Egg from this trip.

Went out for dinner at a place recommended by the lady from Copenhagen. Casa di David, on Singel north/west of Leidsestraat (about 2 blocks). Very good italian place. Looked to be staffed by real italians. Not the cheapest, but not outrageous either. Had a parma ham calzone. Mmmm, yummy. It was a two story place with an open area in the center where they had a little double-decker tray on pulleys that they used to transport meals, dishes, wine, Etc between the two floors. A neat place with good service and good food. I would recommend it.

After dinner back to Pink Floyd and Amnesia. Internet terminals were busy, and didn't meet anyone else, so I just smoked and relaxed and enjoyed the ambiance of Amsterdam. Really enjoyed having some time (if only a day or two) 100% to myself. Didn't have to go anywhere, or talk with anyone, or do anything that I didn't want to. No schedule, no routine, no plans. Just total freedom to spend my time as I please in a city I love.

More Hawaiian Snow in the morning, and a canalside breakfast of croissants and baguettes, coffee and fresh-squeezed OJ. Sigh. Goodbye Amsterdam, or should I just say "until we meet again!"

SlyCrayon
super poster
super poster

Postby SlyCrayon » Wed Jun 06, 4:57 pm

Ah, thank you for the fix, Couch.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Thu Jun 07, 4:14 am

great reporting couch! thanks for sharing! when i was in town for queensday the willie i bought was about a 2g solid bud. my main recommendation is buy what looks best at the shop. glad ya enjoyed it though! keep the reports comin!

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Thu Jun 07, 6:50 am

sweeeet!
thanx for that

s:.

TAK
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby TAK » Fri Jun 08, 8:10 pm

Nice report Couch.

Sorry the houseboat wasn't available for you.

Dag
TAK

skyhigh420
super poster
super poster

Postby skyhigh420 » Sat Jun 09, 12:23 am

nice report, sounds like you had a great time.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”