Koopa 2007 Trip Report: Day 1 Begins

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Koopa 2007 Trip Report: Day 1 Begins

Postby koopa » Fri Apr 27, 1:26 pm

The flight was a breeze....
Landed on time.

Skyhigh and I had a dutch buddy pick us up at the airport with a joint of pure waiting for each of us! We then wandered the town for a few hours and checked into our apartment. Gonna meet up with lots of people at the last waterhole in a bit.

So far I bought bubblelope from grey area 1g for 10 euro. strong smoke and extremely sweet tasting. i rolled the whole gram into a blunt and skyhigh and I smoked it. he purchased the chocolope.....great looking, nice high, nothing fantastic in the taste dept. We then went to Amnesia and I picked up 1 gram of red diesel and 1 gram of hp13. if memory serves me correctly i paid 25 euros total for these 2 grams. the red diesel smells amazing and looks fantastic. probably the nicest find so far. haven't tried it yet though.... hp13 is amazingly dense and crystally. haven't tried it yet.

weather is magical....although a bit hot for my liking. i've been awake for about 28 hours straight at this point and don't forsee sleep coming for atleast another 8 hours. we've got wifi access and a laptop in the apartment so we'll be able to check online regularly.

mobiljenny
super power poster
super power poster

Postby mobiljenny » Fri Apr 27, 4:49 pm

Sublime!

Just wait 'til you hit that Red Diesel.

Enjoy koopa,
chuckje.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri Apr 27, 10:55 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Koop, my friend. Have a BLAST and make sure you get the Annunaki from Grey Area and if you get the chance, hop on tram 14 to Puntonastraat (sp) get off and about half a block to your left up the street is a small buy and leave shop called Trefpunt... AWESOME Jack Herer for 5 for 25, NYCD and White Widow also. Haven't tried the NYCD yet lol ;-) but the Jack is the best I've ever tried (seriously strong stuff) for the best price I've seen and no limit :-)

Also they have a hash there called Huispolm for 5 for 27.50. I got 23 grams for 100 euro. Nice, smooth, good smoke. They also had Zero Zero hash there for next to nothing (less than the huispolm, even!) and it's quite high priced in the centre.

Hugs,
IG

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sun Apr 29, 1:20 am

islandgurl wrote:YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Koop, my friend. Have a BLAST and make sure you get the Annunaki from Grey Area and if you get the chance, hop on tram 14 to Puntonastraat (sp) get off and about half a block to your left up the street is a small buy and leave shop called Trefpunt... AWESOME Jack Herer for 5 for 25, NYCD and White Widow also. Haven't tried the NYCD yet lol ;-) but the Jack is the best I've ever tried (seriously strong stuff) for the best price I've seen and no limit :-)

Also they have a hash there called Huispolm for 5 for 27.50. I got 23 grams for 100 euro. Nice, smooth, good smoke. They also had Zero Zero hash there for next to nothing (less than the huispolm, even!) and it's quite high priced in the centre.

Hugs,
IG
thanks mj and thanks for those great tips IG!

other buys from Friday:

apple jack from abraxas (former chocolata location) looks nice...smells nice...will sample as first smoke of the day in about 10 minutes.

MK ULTRA!!!! from The Coin: pricey at 13 euro per gram but the strongest indica i've had in a long time and certainly the strongest indica i've found on this trip so far.

Had a few excellent meetups yesterday.

Hipforums Meetup at 4pm at The Last Waterhole

attendees included:

mopperm1
nblaze
lctricity
stolenmagic
johnyjoe aka strider
skyhigh420
me
ispica
mikeymike
birdman
birdman's buddy steve and buddy emery
chris and christine

and a few others....

followed by a BBQ at Tak's Houseboat which was great fun! The food was excellent and the company wonderful.

attendees included:

TAK,
Holly,
milehigh,
emerald goddess,
jBomb,
Oracle,
me,
skyhigh,
Anne,
High Country,
Johnyjoe,
Ray,
and many others!

What a fine group of folks....
Can't thank you enough for the invite TAK!

oh and MH's girl makes the best edibles on the planet! can u say iceolater cookies?

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Sun Apr 29, 1:53 am

Er... We met? I think I did hear the name Koopa a couple of times at the boat, I can't remember a face with it though.

But to be honest, I'm quite drunk right now. That might explain.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sun Apr 29, 11:34 am

Anne wrote:Er... We met? I think I did hear the name Koopa a couple of times at the boat, I can't remember a face with it though.

But to be honest, I'm quite drunk right now. That might explain.

it was short, sweet and informal. i had the retro style black plastic frame glasses on and you greeted me at the door. i put the face to the name and then the name to channels but not until after you had left. either way have a good semester and i hopefully we will get to have a proper conversation next go around :)

Anne
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Anne » Sun Apr 29, 11:39 am

Ohhh wait, I think I remember you now! Yeah, I liked you! lol

I'm sure we'll meet again this week, then we can have long conversations about the meaning of life, fast food restaurants and times when teaspoons don't come in handy haha.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sun Apr 29, 7:14 pm

Anne wrote:Ohhh wait, I think I remember you now! Yeah, I liked you! lol

I'm sure we'll meet again this week, then we can have long conversations about the meaning of life, fast food restaurants and times when teaspoons don't come in handy haha.

we don't have to get that heavy....
just a bit more then Hi and Bye :)

Hope to run into you later this week. I'll pm you and let you know how to get in touch.

Regards,
Koopa

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sun Apr 29, 7:22 pm

Well the good times kept rolling in style Saturday! I went to Haarlem with Skyhigh420, stolenmagic, and jeanbean. We took the slower of the two trains to Haarlem (track 1) because the Snel train on track 2 wasn't coming in for quite awhile. (Current price of a 1 way ticket to Haarlem from Amsterdam Central Station is 3,60 euro)

We arrived in Haarlem and walked to WW Indica where we had an EXCELLENT meetup! Some of the guestlist includes:

me
skyhigh
jeanbean
stolenmagic
lctricity
milehigh
birdman
emery
steve
johnyjoe
chichi
boneymaroni
high country
etc.

we had a MASSIVE smoke out in the rental apartment of the Indica. Let me tell you, this place is a wonderful place to stay. I can't recommend it enough. The view was fantastic, the coffeeshop below outstanding, the people friendly, the room was decorated very well and the rooms had loads of space! btw Nol's dragon pipe was a real nice piece. I'm grateful to have had the pleasure!

I don't have time to go into detail about the rest of the day at this moment. Let it suffice to say we went to WW Sensemilla and it was an impressive coffeeshop. I got a bud that was named a dutch word resembling "beetlejuice" Fantastic smoke. We also went to eat at this large fashion plaza. The restaurant was called "La Place" and it was a fantastic cafeteria style eatery on the roof top floor (seventh floor) with excellent views all over the city. top notch!

got a giant 5 gram sweet tooth bud from barneys because

a. the calyx's were fully swollen
b. it was a 5 gram bud

5 grams for 45 euro and a heavy indica hitter. more impressive looking than the MK Ultra but it burned terribly in the joint.

also picked up a nice batch of the old skool silver haze from milehigh. looked average, tasted minty and hazey, and gave INSTANT gratification!

besides that I smoked some great 25 euro per gram Dutch Moonshine from De Dampkring with JJ.

Just went to Siberie, De Rockerij Singel and a few others. Now that the shops have to close by 1am I find myself running out of time...

Peace

NEMISIS

Postby NEMISIS » Sun Apr 29, 7:51 pm

Comment removed by Nemisis.
Departed from this forum for better forums.
Not happy with the way things are run here.
Last edited by NEMISIS on Thu Sep 13, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Mon Apr 30, 1:46 pm

koopa wrote:oh and MH's girl makes the best edibles on the planet! can u say iceolater cookies?

Oh maaaaaan koop I LOVE her hash cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMMM and nice feeling too ;-)

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Wed May 02, 1:21 am

continued....

boney picked up some impressive tbizla and primero hash from the WW's coffeeshops. Both were 5 gram blocks of very pliable quality hash. The tbizla taste had lots of character. not THE most potent but not shabby in the slightest.

all in all Haarlem was a terrific time and I will definately be booking at the WW Indica apartment some time. half of the group biked back to Amsterdam and the other half took the train. After coming home and munching on some food from our early morning AH run, skyhigh and I did a coffeeshop crawl. we started out at barney's and I have to say I really enjoyed my stay at this shop. its decorated well, has nice seating, and had a decent menu. the willie nelson tupperware container was down to just shake so i asked about the sweet tooth....see above.

we blazed a blunt of the old skool silver haze here and then headed over to siberie. the place was packed and the music was great. none of the menu selections available were good enough to get us to buy so we moved on. from here we went to de rockerij singel but we didn't stay or purchase anything (unless skyhigh got a gram of the nl5xhaze which looked great as usual....its also their priciest now at 12,50 euro per gram).

after this we hit up greenhouse centrum and i was excited to see an interesting, although expensive menu. I was itching to see this Alaskan strain they had but it was down to shake. It was the most expensive strain at 13,50 euro per gram and I decided to check it out another day this week in the morning when they have some big buds. Hawaiian Snow was down to shake as well but then I asked to see this bud that began with a "D" and the budtender thought I said "Diesel" and he brought out that bin. I peer into it and see a bunch of shake.............surrounding one terrific 1.36 gram bud of the nicest looking diesel i've come accross so far this trip. the green is vibrant, as are the red hairs, the trichromes, and the impressively strong diesel smell. a sampling proved that the red diesel beat it in every way.

next we headed across the street to Rick's Coffeeshop to check out the NL and the Santa Maria that I've read good things about. The line was long, the coffeeshop warm, and the budtender rude. He told me that they never have NL (which I don't believe), the Santa Maria they had looked and smelled nice but I was put off by this bloke so I passed on it. Then I asked to see the White Russian (most expensive they had) and he just ignored me and asked Skyhigh what he wanted to see. Skyhigh looked at him and said White Russian then we laughed at him and left.

shlo

Postby shlo » Wed May 02, 2:08 am

koopa wrote:a sampling proved that the red diesel beat it in every way.

Now, so we're in agreement that the stains originating from Barneys are much more fit, but in my opinion the red diesel and sweet tooth are weak compared to Laughing Buddha. Now also available at Willy Wortels.

Johannes
super poster
super poster

Postby Johannes » Wed May 02, 4:06 am

excellent reportage koopa! your reports and all the other great posts, pictures, video, and camshots have given me a wonderful virtual queen's day experience!

J

NEMISIS

Postby NEMISIS » Wed May 02, 8:35 am

Comment removed by Nemisis.
Departed from this forum for better forums.
Not happy with the way things are run here.
Last edited by NEMISIS on Thu Sep 13, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dandy
just in
just in

Postby Dandy » Wed May 02, 1:05 pm

great report koopa...staying at the indica apt this weekend...can't wait.

jerkypete49
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby jerkypete49 » Wed May 02, 3:53 pm

Hey My friend.
I'm glad to see that you & skyhigh are having a good time.
Smoke one up for me, eh!

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Thu May 03, 1:21 am

Good going for a stoner memory, koop! lol Excellent report, dude. That Tbizla is pretty good for the price. Have you made it Trefpunt or are you going to? Beware of the Jack Herer there it sure is (_[_) kickin couch lockin stuff. I bought 2 huge buds about 8 grams a piece :-)

Waving high to Pete, how's it goin' dude?

Hugs,
IG
Last edited by islandgurl on Sat May 05, 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Thu May 03, 10:43 pm

Johannes wrote:excellent reportage koopa! your reports and all the other great posts, pictures, video, and camshots have given me a wonderful virtual queen's day experience!

J

cheers!

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Thu May 03, 10:45 pm

shlo wrote:

Now, so we're in agreement that the stains originating from Barneys are much more fit, but in my opinion the red diesel and sweet tooth are weak compared to Laughing Buddha. Now also available at Willy Wortels.

Diesel isn't the strongest strain to begin with so yes I'd believe that a good sample of laughing buddha could be stronger. Sweet Tooth can be potent and flavorful when grown correctly. Most Amsterdam samples lack both qualities though.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Thu May 03, 10:46 pm

NEMISIS wrote:I had the same occur to me in Ricks Cafe 2 months ago. He was rude and when I politely started talking about the whole alcohol ban of coffeeshops thing with him, he proceeded to stick the music level up to an insane level, walked off and uttered \'weed screws your head up\'. At that point I walked out in total bemusement and probably never to return.
No idea what the hell was going on, obviously he had a very bad day, but what a bizarre few minutes that was.

yeah his reaction just seemed completely ridiculous.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Thu May 03, 10:49 pm

Hey IG: haven't made it out there yet (its damn far east bound) but I may do that tomorrow morning as I now have a bicycle.

Hey Pete: Good to see you back on the board. Thanks for the well wishes my friend!

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Thu May 03, 10:52 pm

AS Of 8pm Sunday evening:

I just got back from a private canal cruise offered by Max. The guest list inclued Milehigh, Emeraldgoddess, skyhigh, ispica, and myself. We had a wonderful meal including bread, pumpkin soup, nuts, olives, a terrific chicken dish prepared in a morroccon inspired style with raisins and cinnamon....mmmm lekker! the meal was topped off with ice cream from australian chocolates on singel. we washed it all down with an assortment of international brews and wonderful smoke. emerald goddess and mh brought a wonderful box of joints we delved into. Skyhigh and myself offered some others including some blunts and mixed joints. Sorry MH and EG we didn't realize you were "pure only" and felt terrible that we didn't have more to share! Anyway we spent 4.5 hours on the water and the time went by faster than you can imagine. Wonderful people, great conversation, and a fabulous meal was a recipe for success. An absolute pleasure.

shlo

Postby shlo » Fri May 04, 12:07 am

koopa wrote:
shlo wrote:

Diesel isn't the strongest strain to begin with so yes I'd believe that a good sample of laughing buddha could be stronger. Sweet Tooth can be potent and flavorful when grown correctly. Most Amsterdam samples lack both qualities though.

I'm glad we're seeing eye to eye now on this issue.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri May 04, 5:30 pm

Koopa,

Please stop writing trip reports.

You make me so JEALOUS. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

Maybe someday I will have the chance to share a smoke with you. You make it sound like loads of fun.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri May 04, 5:33 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:Maybe someday I will have the chance to share a smoke with you.

Didn;t you share that smoke with him last year at Prospect Park? Or did you two not meet? Anyway, I'm throwing another one sometime this year.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri May 04, 6:48 pm

Birdman wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:Maybe someday I will have the chance to share a smoke with you.

Didn;t you share that smoke with him last year at Prospect Park? Or did you two not meet? Anyway, I'm throwing another one sometime this year.

Birdman,

Funny you mention this, when I was typing I had a vague memory of meeting Koopa. The ones I do remember meeting were you, Tak, Toulouse, Mr. & Mrs. DannyMac and several others who my THC soaked brain is having trouble recalling.

I will take your word for it that Koopa was there. I am pretty sure I was there as well.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri May 04, 7:22 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:I will take your word for it that Koopa was there.

he looks like a cross between George Clooney and an orangatang, if that healps.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri May 04, 10:22 pm

Birdman wrote:

Great image, lol (orangutan, btw)

Peace

shlo

Postby shlo » Fri May 04, 11:09 pm

Birdman wrote:

He looked more like a fat JC to me.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”