bigbird2

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

bigbird
super poster
super poster

bigbird2

Postby bigbird » Mon Apr 23, 9:24 am

Yesterday I went to the Heineken Experinence. It is not really all that but you do get three short beers and a free bottle opener at the end of the tour. Also they have a couple of neat areas where you can DJ or send an email home showing you having fun and singing along with folks singing in dutch. After I got out from there I wondered arond for a bit. Beautiful sun and a quiet sunday made for a great walk. While heading back to the Leidseplien I came across Barneys Coffeeshop. Fellow said he had been in business there for two years. I bought a gram of Willie Nelson for 13 euro.Man that weed rocked my world.I sat at the table for quite awhile zoning in and out. Then I got a burst of energy. and went to the Hard Rock cafe.Had some nachos that were so so and continued wandering around stoned out of my mind. A great day

Weldon
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Weldon » Tue Apr 24, 2:20 am

Is that the same as the tour of the Heinekin Brewerey? If so, I think they used to give you a commemorative glass mug instead of a can opener.

DeKuil sounds a little less ecstatic w/o Amstels from the tap.
Still fun, tho.
Thanks for the on the spot news.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Tue Apr 24, 11:22 pm

Weldon wrote:Is that the same as the tour of the Heinekin Brewerey? If so, I think they used to give you a commemorative glass mug instead of a can opener.

DeKuil sounds a little less ecstatic w/o Amstels from the tap.
Still fun, tho.
Thanks for the on the spot news.

back in the 90's they only gave the commemorative mug to you if it was your birthday......

you also had to chug the beer and then turn the mug upside down while holding it over the top of your head to show you downed it all!

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Apr 25, 3:17 pm

Hmmmm, A friend of mine went a few years ago and came back with a free glass (what are the short ones called again Anne?). I still use it.

Peace

Bambam
power poster
power poster

Postby Bambam » Tue May 08, 10:05 pm

Hey Bigbird. IOU one shwarma dinner or a 2lb lobster whichever you perfer. Shoulda had the herring that night.

skyhigh420
super poster
super poster

Postby skyhigh420 » Wed May 09, 12:12 am

Bambam wrote:Hey Bigbird. IOU one shwarma dinner or a 2lb lobster whichever you perfer. Shoulda had the herring that night.

Did birdman tell you about the herring sandwich we got the morning he was leaving? God that was disgusting, i almost blew chunks when i ate it.
But hey i can say i tried one.

Bambam
power poster
power poster

Postby Bambam » Wed May 09, 4:17 am

skyhigh420 wrote:
Bambam wrote:Hey Bigbird. IOU one shwarma dinner or a 2lb lobster whichever you perfer. Shoulda had the herring that night.

Did birdman tell you about the herring sandwich we got the morning he was leaving? God that was disgusting, i almost blew chunks when i ate it.

Yeah, he had tried to get me to share one with him earlier in the week when we arrived. He said the consistency was what he found most disgusting. It sounded pretty bad the way he described it.
Funny thing is there is great herring around here in Brooklyn near some of the eastern european neighborhoods. So I always thought it would have been a better experience in Amsterdam. Glad I missed it.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Herring

Postby chichi123 » Wed May 09, 4:42 am

Herring should be eaten in small amounts on saltines with blond braids and never in the fokin milky soup.

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Postby chichi123 » Wed May 09, 4:47 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I bespoke 800 times and now 1

shlo

Postby shlo » Wed May 09, 4:47 am

skyhigh420 wrote:

I had the same experience in Leiden. I wrote about it in my second attempt at my first trip report.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Wed May 09, 3:22 pm

Shawarmahorror story:

So, I had just arrived and we were at my arrival smoke at Central COffeeshop when I figured it was time to go to TAK's boat where I was staying that night and get rid of my bags. Now, Bambam and Bigbird wanted to go get some Shawarma so I figured we'd walk and find on eon the way. Well we walk down Prins-Hendrikkade, turn left on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal and then right on Nieuwendijk and PRESTO! there's a Shawarma place! So I ask if they want to go in there and well, everyone is so stoned and it didn't matter to me because I wasn;t eating, but we enter with all my bags (TOURIST ALERT!) and Bambam and Bigbird are like, "I want a Shawarma. And bread." They point at some picturwe on the wall and grunt a bit. I tell them, "Just order a sandwich" but they're stoned, the Shawarma guy is a bit pushy and we sit down in the back after grabbing some sodas.

So the guy brings over two platter with Shawarma, falafel, french fries. He brings over a plate of small pita breads. He brings over some sauces for us.

Bambam and Birdbird pig out. I just pick from their plates. Then when we get up to leave Bigbird says, "Oh I got it." Bambam says, "Are you sure?" Bigbird says, "Yeah man, no problem." Well he gets to the counter and the Shawarma guy says that the reckoning is 45 EURO!!!!!

OH MAN!

When we get outside I tell Bigbird to go in and complain. He does but he says the guys said everything was alacarte including the sauces and teh bread.

Fuggin rip off.

Well, thanks Bigbird. I owe you.

Bambam
power poster
power poster

Postby Bambam » Wed May 09, 3:40 pm

Birdman wrote:Shawarmahorror story:

So, I had just arrived and we were at my arrival smoke at Central COffeeshop when I figured it was time to go to TAK's boat where I was staying that night and get rid of my bags. Now, Bambam and Bigbird wanted to go get some Shawarma so I figured we'd walk and find on eon the way. Well we walk down Prins-Hendrikkade, turn left on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal and then right on Nieuwendijk and PRESTO! there's a Shawarma place! So I ask if they want to go in there and well, everyone is so stoned and it didn't matter to me because I wasn;t eating, but we enter with all my bags (TOURIST ALERT!) and Bambam and Bigbird are like, "I want a Shawarma. And bread." They point at some picturwe on the wall and grunt a bit. I tell them, "Just order a sandwich" but they're stoned, the Shawarma guy is a bit pushy and we sit down in the back after grabbing some sodas.

So the guy brings over two platter with Shawarma, falafel, french fries. He brings over a plate of small pita breads. He brings over some sauces for us.

Bambam and Birdbird pig out. I just pick from their plates. Then when we get up to leave Bigbird says, "Oh I got it." Bambam says, "Are you sure?" Bigbird says, "Yeah man, no problem." Well he gets to the counter and the Shawarma guy says that the reckoning is 45 EURO!!!!!

OH MAN!

When we get outside I tell Bigbird to go in and complain. He does but he says the guys said everything was alacarte including the sauces and teh bread.

Fuggin rip off.

Well, thanks Bigbird. I owe you.

That was just wrong in so many ways. There were no prices on the menu above the counter and they never gave us a a printed menu. They just kept suggesting everything to us and we were like "yeah cool sounds great". 45 Euro!!! SheeeeeeiiiitTT!!!! And I never saw Bigbird again. Where did you go dude?

TAK
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby TAK » Wed May 09, 4:30 pm

BOhannon wrote:Hmmmm, A friend of mine went a few years ago and came back with a free glass (what are the short ones called again Anne?). I still use it.

Peace

Well I'm not Anne, but a short draft beer in dutch is "Bierje". Pronounced beeryer.

I have used that word a lot.

Dag
TAK

johnyjoe
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Herring

Postby johnyjoe » Wed May 09, 4:43 pm

chichi123 wrote:Herring should be eaten in small amounts on saltines with blond braids and never in the fokin milky soup.

I like that blonde braided herring!! Natural blondes all the way!!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”