It's good to be home.... ???

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Fred Lemonjello
power poster
power poster

It's good to be home.... ???

Postby Fred Lemonjello » Fri Mar 23, 12:51 am

Welp...... first off I havta say....... Delta Airlines can go screw themselfs!
A 6 year old running a kool-aid stand has better customer service and is way better organized then these guys are!

Next... Our home was broken into during the trip so it will be a couple more dayz before I can get started on a full trip report and some of the well over 1,000 pictures edited.
It appears to be an Inside Job by the "ITEMS" taken and the route he took during his invasion..... IDIOT even tromped around with mud on his shoes, size 9. I mean this guy invaded our home during a full blown rain storm.... coming thru the back yards bending a neighbors chainlink fence 3 doors down.
We're fully insured for "Most" of the items stolen, life goes on.

Anyway.... Amsterdam was excellent and Darla has said she wants to go back but next time stay for 7 days minimum..... 3 in Haarlem and 4 in Amsterdam...... shes already planning! Hehehehe

As mentioned before, I'll get a trip report with plenty of pics posted up in a few dayz but I just had to drop a note to the people on Channels we met during our visit.... Doc Tak, TAK & Holly,.... MHD & Nol. Darla and I really enjoyed visiting and are looking forward to returning!

Fred

Planning-A-Trip
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Planning-A-Trip » Fri Mar 23, 3:26 am

sorry to hear about that. If you know who it was I hope you get some justice... or at least what we here in Kentucky call "Southern Justice."

good luck.

DrTak
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DrTak » Fri Mar 23, 5:53 pm

What a friggin' bummer.

Whenever I have been ripped off, (I have had a couple of experiences) I have a fantasy for weeks that I am home when they return -- exercising my second amendment rights with my german shepherd along side me and all that.

I guess it's like my accountant told me twenty years ago - "At least you still have your health." (Not what you want to hear from someone handling your finances).

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Fri Mar 23, 6:13 pm

Damn damn damn......I have been robbed so many times in my 25 years as a antique dealer. It is like you have been personally violated. The stories I could tell. Being prey is not a good feeling. I know one dealer that took a box of diamonds and platinum (the best stuff) to her car and went back into the building for 45 seconds and it was gone. They watched her pack the best box. In it was $400,000 IN ONE BOX! She had paid theft insurance for 20 years and never was compensated BECAUSE SHE LEFT IT UNATTENDED! So sorry for you.
As Always,
Cheech

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri Mar 23, 6:42 pm

Yet another reason to move there.

Fred Lemonjello
power poster
power poster

Postby Fred Lemonjello » Sun Mar 25, 12:42 pm

hehehehe YES and YES!!
Man Chichi thats an extremely bummer of a story there!
I have a friend that deals in antique/ collectable weapons.... he told me a story a few years back about being relieved of 3 small handguns, German WWII, at a gunshow with a value of $250,000!
Things like that show up again on the market... it's very hard to hide serial numbered objects of value. He has had other thangs stolen over the years, many break ins, etc....... so when he does shows now, when being the key word there, he takes only a few items and has a small table...... easier to keep an eye over.
He's made comments over the years as well about security systems and how they've imrpoved more and more...... he's shop hasnt been touched inside for over 5 years now, but they still get the once every month or two "System Test" from thick headed individuals

And like serial numbered objects some of the "Items" stolen from me will surface or will hear a story about it in the future. This is a small town and people dont normally see "Items" such as this everyday...... word gets round who has or who had what.
I've also put a out a small reward for information.... not caring if it leads to an arrest. He he

The thing is though...... I'm not really that pissed about it..... just more like feel violated and untrusting of others who may come into my home..... or who has been into my home.
Guess I'm more pissed at myself for being so trusting of others....
"Jesus H Christ........ Private Pyle, why is your footlocker unlocked!?"
"Sir, I dont know sir!"
"Private Pyle if there is one thing in this world I hate it is an unlocked footlocker, you know that dont you!?"
"Sir ,yes sir!"
"If it wasnt for dickheads like you there wouldnt be any thievery in this world now would there!?"
"Sir, no sir!"
"Get down! Well now, thats just see if theres anything missing!"
"Holy jesus.........."

So to catch up with modern times..... security will be installed in our home. Keeps friends honest and helps deter the random burglar.
Alarms, phone calls, dead bolt lockes, lights, cams, hidden cams, laser beems....... Oh my!
But I refuse to place bars over my windows and doors! I will not a prisoner in my own home!!!

Oh well....... life goes on, then we die.
Fred

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”