God 'dam Feb22-Feb27

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

dakind50
participating
participating

God 'dam Feb22-Feb27

Postby dakind50 » Thu Mar 01, 8:19 pm

Hey kids I want to say thanks so much for the info I got on this board. It helped out a ton, but at the same time I guess we kind of winged it a bit. As I am looking over my notes I am very happy I was actually keeping notes on what I did, spent and smoked. We smoke every day for sure, but it was not a non stop session, the last 3 days I tended to wait until early afternoon to burn, that is usually when I tried new stuff and made notes, wine tasting style. So here it goes

We landed at 7am on the 22nd. Flight was normal and we trained it in no problem. First stop of course was for a smoke. My friend had never been before so I have a classic pic of him with the biggest shit eating grin you ever saw.

So we got into Central Coffee shop at 7:35 ( I know cause I marked down the time and place!!) Bought 2 grams of Shiva for 12 Euro. My notes say Ceder flavor with 3 hits next to it. I had not smoked for a month + leading up to this trip so 3 hits until I was rocked was nice. My buddy could not believe we were smoking legally and that we were watching a great city wake up to start its day. After a coffee we left and walked the city length out our place near Vodelpark and dropped our stuff off.

Then the walking begins, we can't sleep so we do the big push to stay up until around 8pm to wake up the next day on Dutch time. So we walk for about 11 hours straight!! Did the full Jordan and stopped into Amnesia. This was my favorite shop the whole time. Classy inside, and out, just like the area. They clear the smoke out quickly, and you can take your girl there, esp if she doesn't smoke much. Mine was not there but when I go with her, this is the place for that. Also great chairs, sitting in many of the shops and bars is hard for a big person, no backs on the chairs. We got a gram of laughing budda for 12 euro. Expensive, but it was really nice smoke. Slight berry smell, My friend notes classic hydro smell + moldy clothes. Overall not a large smell I note. Super crystals and really up 'high'.

Kept walking until a bad dinner at a Irish place on overtoom. We then went to coffeeshop 69 or something on overtoom. Nothing special there, got Morocan Primere. It was smooth and heavy, but not great. Then to bed.

Feb 23rd (these get shorter I promise)
Eat at the pancake house to start the day and more walking. Found rastababy for a few beers and smoke, this was a meeting place for sat. Drank some high end beer at Tapvregd Bar, which is great because you can also roll joints in there. Great trappist selection. Then to NES for another beer and joint. Love NES, favorite Bar/smoke place the entire trip. Then out late night to Kashmir lounge. This is hard to find but totally worth it. Get the address and cab it or take the Number one tram out there. Weed prices are great there and its all locals, which for info was so top end. Got the Silver Haze. Notes say very bio skunk with up high. Totally nice looking, not the top end but good for the 9 euros.

Feb 24th. Did the Amsterdam city museum, totally worth it and really in depth on the city development and how the houses would actually worked back in the day. It answered many questions we had. Got some white widow from Arabica Lounge. It was fine, but it was really a good pre game to Ireland V England rugby match. Took the game in at Mulligans, which was packed ass deep. Great game, Ireland killing England on the site of bloody Sunday almost 90 years ago. Back to Kashmir lounge for the purchase of Ice Has at 18 euro a gram. This was SUPER strong, to the point I got a head ache. It was a very vegetative taste and basically we didn't fuck with it again. It was not what I want from getting 'high'. Worth the money I guess if youre into it.

Feb 25th. It was pissing rain, so we hit museums and brewery tour. Then Mellow Yellow. My friends tried a vapo for the first time with White Mellon. Classy coffee shop, but the white melon was not to great. Nice taste and not very strong. More of the same at night, checked out the girls, always nice viewing with a buzz. Still can't get over the old church area, just to funny, when worlds collide..

Feb 26th Finally got to the Grey Area!!! I will say they had the best weed I saw the whole time. I was happy; the American boys have done us proud. We smoked the most refine looking weed on the trip, Chocolope at 12.50 a gram. Also the most expensive. Shoring high, very very stoned yet we could walk around and felt great after this. We also smoked some random weed my buddy found on the sink in the bathroom. Tons of glass bongs to use and also the classic 'stoner' kids in there. Lots of talk of headies and nugs. Just like phish tour. We blew through this smoke fast and headed out to the IJ brewery. It was closed for renovation!!! Such a bummer. Found a great bar across from it. They had La Chouffe'. A true must find beer. Then off to Haarlem. As my friend grew up in NYC's Harlem this was a treat for him. Hit Wilma and Alberts. As a former line cook this was a real treat for all. Any time a steak is cooked over charcoal, it is hard to mess up. Just a classy joint behind a must see church. Love the town. Hit Willy Wortal's and finally found some purple weed at 4 euro a gram. It was not strong but I always wanted to see some smoke that color. Smoked the whole bag for dessert after a great steak.

Feb 27th. Back to grey area. Sweet Haze at 12 euro a gram. Used the Bubbler and it was a soaring high again. So nice and sweet. Took 10 tokes. Very cedar smell and broke into light fluff. God dam, at work now wish this was in front of me. We need this in USA so bad. Pissing rain again so that sucked we just walked around and got wasted as it my last day. Did a nice rice table dinner in the Remebrant area. Had Bitterballs at De prins bar in the Jordan which also served La Chouffe'.

Feb 28th. Rigth before airport went to babba got white widow for 9 euro a gram. Rolled the whole thing and some ICE hash, then gave the rest away. Got wasted, non-talking stoned while I was there and then to the airport.....

Over all

Best dinner: Wilma and Alberts

Best beer: La Chouffe'

Fav smoke/bar: NES just chilled out and 1.80 beers. What you want in every bar in the world.

Top coffeeshop. Amnesia. Best seats, great smoke and just a classy place. Also if you get the right seat at the right time you can watch the girls work through the window.

Top Weed. Chocolop from the grey area. All their stuff was top end boutique weed, the way it should be.

Peace and I hope this helps some one, I know its long..

www.foodietours.com

mobiljenny
super power poster
super power poster

Postby mobiljenny » Fri Mar 02, 2:20 am

That got the old pump primed.

Thanx man.
c.

bluenote
just in
just in

Postby bluenote » Fri Mar 02, 5:14 am

Great! Thank you. I'll be there in 7 days, I sure as hell know I'm ready!.

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Re: God 'dam Feb22-Feb27

Postby viking » Fri Mar 02, 7:14 pm

Great report, dakind.
Thanks for posting.

Good to hear you made it out to W & A's.
Looking forward to having a birthday dinner there
again myself next month.

dakind50 wrote:Feb 28th. Rigth before airport went to babba got white widow for 9 euro a gram. Rolled the whole thing and some ICE hash, then gave the rest away. Got wasted, non-talking stoned while I was there and then to the airport.....

Next time you're about to leave the Dam, take that
last joint with you, plus some more, and smoke them
outside of Schiphol before heading to the gate.
That's what I do and it's great.

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

Postby lctricity » Fri Mar 02, 7:41 pm

Sounds like a good time to me!

Thanks for takin' the time to share all the notes you took, especially about the gear.

BTW, getting high one last time outside the Depatures area at Schipol is the "only" way to go out of Amsterdam!

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Sat Mar 03, 3:55 am

lctricity wrote:BTW, getting high one last time outside the Depatures area at Schipol is the "only" way to go out of Amsterdam!
Amen to that, brother.

Here's hoping the j and lighter I stashed outside Schiphol are
still there and smokable/lightable in April in order to make
my arrival as nice as my departure for a change.

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Sat Mar 03, 7:26 am

Excellent report. It's nice to know where to find La Choufe. This is some special stuff.

Chili

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Mar 05, 2:48 pm

Very Nice Report. I don't even drink, and still I may have to try one of those brews???
Nice wording, especially when you said we need this back here,,,, Don't we ever.
All The Best Regards,
LH

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”