Day 1 Pre-trip

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Dave J
power poster
power poster

Day 1 Pre-trip

Postby Dave J » Mon Feb 26, 10:56 am

HOTEL, WHAT HOTEL:

You know it's like every time I goto my faverate city something always has to go wrong and this time is the biggest yet.

It's amazing to think and I wander if others do to forget to check the plans and details with other going for there trip. Especally the vital plans like the er hotel right?.

Well last night checking with my mate going with me I've discovered that we have not in fact booked anywere to stay for the next 3 nights!!!!!. An amazing blunder yes but true all the same!!!.

No need to worry that as I'm posting this pre-trip report that we have nowere to stay. As I'm confident by the time we get to the airport in a few hours time it will all be sorted. I mean the worst case is that we goto the same hotel as last time, Hotel Brian.

Seems I thought Mike had booked and he thought I had booked. No point in both of us worrying. So upon realising the problem I decided to keep things to myself in case mike over worry's.

Phoned the hotel we were to book (Bulldog Hotel) last night only to be told that if there are no rooms available online then they aint any available. Funny that when the chap never even asked if we wanted a shared dorm (always available to my knowledge or a private roon etc).

I'm hoping that when I phone just now when I get back from the library I can book ok. I mean they only allocate 30% or is it 40% of there availability for online booking. So that mean that there will hopefully be a room available.

So fingers crossed that things will work out ok as I'm noting a couple of other hotel numbers just in case.

SkiBumming
super poster
super poster

Postby SkiBumming » Mon Feb 26, 2:15 pm

For last minute bookings, try the VVV(tourist bureau):
(+31) (0)20 551 25 25

www.amsterdamtourist.nl

They have an office directly in front of Central Station.

The Bulldog is damn pricey for a double room. Why don't you try the link on this website for on-line booking? It seems they accept same-day reservations.....

Good luck. Don't sweat the little things.....sheesh....

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Thu Mar 01, 3:11 am

We got a great place and cheap by going through the vvv on an emergency room, the one at the Leidseplein, really nice girl helped us..

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”