Day 2 - Friday 16 / 02

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Day 2 - Friday 16 / 02

Postby 27guldens » Sun Feb 25, 11:40 pm

Day 2 - Friday

We missed breakfast in the hotel (that would be the norm for the whole of the stay).

It didnt matter. Breakfast tastes better sited at De Kuil. Apple cake from the bakery outside, coffee and Volcano bags.
This was the second time I tried a vaporiser. I think it is a funny way of smoking, and it can be excellent for people who do not want to inhale other substances apart from thc, but I prefer the good old joints to enjoy my weed.
After breakfast, we went to meet another couple of friends who had just arrived from Schiphol. It was their first time in Amsterdam and I loved to see their first reactions to the city. We got bikes for them and went to the hotel to left their luggage.
We took a stroll with the bikes to the Leidseplein and I showed my friends the most beautiful coffeeshop in Amsterdam, the original Rokerij. I love it. Dimly illuminated, and with the slow fans in the ceiling.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160 ... CN3694.jpg

The bar girl brought us the beers we ordered, and it was funny to hear one of my fascinated coffeeshop virgin friends asking if he could also have his weed brought to the table.

We had a good smoking session, and couldnt help laughing out loud at one of us, who had his sweater ruined with wax fallen from a candle in the wall.

We left the Rokerij quite stoned and had some kroket from the Febo machines in Leidsestraat. I find Febo to be tasty, and it is part of it.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160 ... CN3688.jpg

It was time for another bike ride. This time we headed to Museumplein.
There was some working going on in the facade of the Rijks, and we couldnt rode under the building. We passed the street with all the chic boutiques, and went to Vondelpark, where we made the dumb tourist for a while, ringing the bells of our bikes like little children, and having fun.
We went to the Kashmir Lounge and grabbed a table in a corner. It was around 5 pm, and the weed counter was very busy with people who bought their weed and left. We were running out of hash, so we got some dark, I think Afgan, and chilled there with some beers for an hour or two.
It was dark when we left.
The Dam virgin friends were adapting quickly to the Amsterdam routine, as one of them told me: you go to a coffeeshop, you get stoned, you ride the bike, you refresh a little bit, you go to a coffeeshop

We went to De Dampkring. It was packed. We tried Dutch Flowers. It was also packed.

We watched the filming of a commercial for a well known washing powder company.
It was like a simulated big laundry over the canal (sorry, I don?t know the exact words for this). But it was a bit surreal. Like this:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160 ... CN3652.jpg

We were a bit hungry and went for some chip fries to that place that is in the parallel street of the Dampkring, and where there is always a big queue.

Then we went to cafe Gollem for some beers. An instantaneous favourite. I had never been there before, but this must be what the Dutch call gezellig.
It is a small place, with a very adequate lightning and good music at the right volume. All the tables upstairs were taken and we had our drinks at the bar. There are hundreds of beers to choose from, and tasty olives. Two rounds later, it was time for dinner.

We had chinese food at the Oriental City restaurant in OZ Voorburgwal. Good food, but we ordered too much. By the time they brought the bill, we were more than willing to go to smoke a big joint and drink a rum & coke to help us digest the duck.

The choice was obvious: Greenhouse was round the corner. We ordered, and after a short wait we could sit down and start the night.
We purchased some Manala cream. It was an excellent smoke but pricey (18 eur / gram). After two or three joints, the couple who had arrived the same day decided they had had enough and went to bed. We accompanied them to the hotel, and headed to the Waterhole in Leidseplein.
I had been in the Last Waterhole by the RLD, but never before in this one. A band from France was playing. They dared to do some complicated covers of songs by Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and what I could recognize as Prodigy !?!. They were quite good adapting the tunes, and played for a long time. There was a young small crowd having good fun in front of the stage.

It was around 2 am when we left for the Korsakoff. I like this club. Free entry, and drinks on the cheap side. This night they were playing some 80s new wave music in the bar upstairs and some kind of hard industrial techno on the main floor. We smoked a joint on the balcony overlooking the dance floor, while contemplating hypnotized the people crazy dancings.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160 ... CN3733.jpg

Before going home we still had the last one in the Maloe Melo, next door. A mixed crowd of all ages danced quite professionally to the tunes that a cool old rocker was playing. Surf, swing, and that kind of sounds. We didnt dare to try dancing, but had a great time.

By 4.30 we were crashing on bed. I remember watching my room mate opening the window and lighting up half joint that he had in his cigarette box. I remember smoking a bit before falling in the sweetest of the dreams

(I know it sounds very affected, but I told you: my lack of vocabulary in English, and blah, blah, blah...)

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Postby FlyByNite » Mon Feb 26, 12:48 am

Great second day. You have a better command of the English language than a lot of native English speakers.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

Coffeeshop Frog Hollow home of the Whos In Town page.

mobiljenny
super power poster
super power poster

Postby mobiljenny » Mon Feb 26, 3:00 am

I believe that was the perfect day in Amsterdam.

Gracias,
Carlos.

Planning-A-Trip
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Planning-A-Trip » Mon Feb 26, 3:29 am

superb trip report! thanks for the pics!!

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Mon Feb 26, 9:55 am

I salute your stamina! The Febo pic is a work of art!

Peace, Des.

Purperen
super poster
super poster

Postby Purperen » Mon Feb 26, 5:21 pm

I've enjoyed your trip report so far, thanks for taking the time to write one. I hope you don't mind but i straightened out your Febo photo with Photoshop. LOL, I've seen a photo like that many times, a group of stoned friends posing outside Febo.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Mon Feb 26, 5:59 pm

Purperen wrote:I've enjoyed your trip report so far, thanks for taking the time to write one. I hope you don't mind but i straightened out your Febo photo with Photoshop. LOL, I've seen a photo like that many times, a group of stoned friends posing outside Febo.

LOL, no problem Purperen. I didn't knew that could be done with Photoshop. LOL. By the way, i am the one on the left with the black coat;-)

Purperen
super poster
super poster

Postby Purperen » Mon Feb 26, 6:26 pm

It's good to be able to match a face to the words. What's that you're eating in the photo? Is it a Kaas souffle by any chance?

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Fri Mar 02, 10:56 pm

Dam, these reports are really nice. You have real style, 27 Guldens, and it seemed as though you had a most excellent time.
Wished I could have been along,,, Of course, who don't???
All The Best Regards,
LH

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”