Day 1 - Thursday 15-02-2007

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Day 1 - Thursday 15-02-2007

Postby 27guldens » Fri Feb 23, 6:43 pm

This is a big effort for me to write a trip report in a language that I m not fluent in, and it will be also a hard effort for you to read it.

I wish I could always find the most accurate words and expressions, and make this an easy and interesting reading, but as I cant write it that way, Ill do it in some fast non very descriptive mode.

I love reading the reports that all of you post here, and I wanted to contribute.

Day One Thursday

We flew with Iberia and arrived at Schipol at 12 am. One hour later, we were at De Kuil, still with our luggage, smoking the first joints of the trip and feeling great for being again in Amsterdam.
Bought some excellent Parvatti hash and some Super Silver Haze which was only ok..

Got to the hotel (Rembrandt Residence), where I had already been before, but this time it was even better. They kindly gave us a canal view for both of our rooms.
Smoking was not allowed in the rooms, but we opened the windows and had no problems smoking our spliffs and enjoying the nice view of the Herengracht.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160 ... CN3745.jpg

The weather was excellent for the five days. No rain at all.

We dropped the bags in the hotel and went out to Amnesia, where we bought Nepal Pollen, and some weed that I dont remember. After that we rented bikes from the place off the Damstraat and rode to the hering sandwich place in the Singel. We ate some fish in the street, and entered the Rokerij that is right there.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160 ... 3646-1.jpg

Noticed that the girl working in the bar was from Spain, and it was the first time I could order in Spanish in a coffeeshop. We had some drinks and smoke and after some time we were feeling really lazy. We decided to make a ride with the bikes to see if the wind in our faces could wake us up a little bit.

Riding a bike in Amsterdam is really a wonderful sensation. We went in the Pijp direction, but it was 6 pm when we arrived there, and the stalls at the Albert Cuyp market were closing. We then headed to the Heineken Plein, and had some beers in the big Irish pub over there. We quitted smoking for some time, because we had reserved a table for dinner and didnt want to be too wasted by then.

We had dinner in a beautiful and welcoming restaurant called Moeders. Excellent Dutch food at the end of Rozengracht st.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160 ... CN3666.jpg

(We spent some time to find the place and we had to ask in two other restaurants of the area where our restaurant was. None of them wanted to help us finding the place, and even though it was located in the same street, they pretended they didnt know where it was. Quite a stupid attitude! That was not good marketing, if they wanted us to have dinner at their places someday.)

After dinner we almost went to the Soundgarden, which is near the restaurant, but instead we moved to `T Nes. We had some Jameson & Coke and bought some Hindu Kush (one of my favourite weeds). We spent a good hour sited outside in the semi-terrace, laughing and having a good time. Surprisingly, we were not feeling tired, even if at that time we had been awake for 17 hours.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160 ... CN3815.jpg

Then it was time to go for a quick stroll through the red light district.

There was nothing new. The RLD seem timeless, but at the same time always surprise me. There were not too much people for a Thursday night.
We had some laughs hearing the familiar voices selling drugs in all languages, and had a look at the beautiful girls behind the windows.

I must be growing older. Every year the girls look younger.

Ok. We went to the Winston to see what was going on. The doormen tell us it was a quiet night and let us in for free. (Normally, they charge 5 euros). They were playing some 80s music. We stayed for a drink and smoked a joint of the Kush chatting and watching the people dance. We said goodbye to the doormen and headed to De Buurvrouw.

This one was packed, mostly by locals. We drank more Jameson and Johny Walker and finished the joint that we could not finish at the Winston.
The music here was very good. I didnt knew a single song, but it got me moving my feet a little bit. It is not a big place and it was crowded, I cant understand why dont they put away the pool table and leave more space for dancing. These Dutch should love their pool games. Nice artwork in the walls.

It was around 2.30 and we decided to go home. (I felt at home).

One more joint by the window of the hotel room - Nepal Pollen I think- , sent a message to my girlfriend, and went to bed.

It seemed the most comfortable mattress Ive ever slept on.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Sat Feb 24, 1:43 am

Thanks for making the effort ... I really enjoyed reading your report!

Peace, Des.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sat Feb 24, 3:44 am

your report rocked and it was easy to read! i'm really looking forward to some hindu kush in 2 months when I arrive. Did you find it anywhere else in town besides Nes?

mobiljenny
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Day 1 - Thursday 15-02-2007

Postby mobiljenny » Sat Feb 24, 4:04 am

I hope Westerkerk positively sparkles when they remove all that scaffold.

Gracias 27guldens. I enjoyed every paragraph.

27guldens
super poster
super poster

Postby 27guldens » Sat Feb 24, 12:07 pm

koopa wrote: i'm really looking forward to some hindu kush in 2 months when I arrive. Did you find it anywhere else in town besides Nes?

Sorry Koopa, i saw it in another coffeeshop menu, but i can't recall where.
Sadly, you wont't be able to purchase it from Nes either. (See Boner post in the coffeeshop board).

Fred Lemonjello
power poster
power poster

Postby Fred Lemonjello » Sat Feb 24, 1:16 pm

An excellent report 27 guldens, thank you very much!

mobiljenny wrote:

Ha, that was the first thing I noticed myself...... scaffolding on the Westerkerk...... and thought damn, it's going to be covered when we're there next week.

Fred

mobiljenny
super power poster
super power poster

Postby mobiljenny » Sat Feb 24, 7:08 pm

Fred Lemonjello wrote:An excellent report 27 guldens, thank you very much!

mobiljenny wrote:

Ha, that was the first thing I noticed myself...... scaffolding on the Westerkerk...... and thought damn, it's going to be covered when we're there next week.

Fred

Perhaps you'll be there for the unveiling!! I have two shots at seeing it; end of march and a week at Easter. It's supposed to be done for Easter services.

Have a great trip Frd/Drla,
chuckje.

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

Postby lctricity » Sat Feb 24, 9:20 pm

Nice report!

Thanks for takin' the time.

It's always nice to read reports with pics included. Where were the bud pics?!!! lol... The Candle at Rokerij was a sweet one though.

Sucked to see Westerkerk with all the scaffolding. Hopefully the entire town will be "sparkling" after they get done with all the incessant construction/cleaning year after year.

Rock ON

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Trip report....

Postby uk*bag*lady » Sat Feb 24, 9:30 pm

Thank you, that made a very interesting read. I don't know why you were worried about not being able to do a good report; it seemed great to me, especially the photos!

:-)

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Sun Feb 25, 2:32 am

thanx for that 27g!
you gave me my fix for the day
(no worries---your english is fine!)

s:.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sun Feb 25, 4:16 am

27up wrote: It seemed the most comfortable mattress Ive ever slept on.

LOOGOWT! .. i know that mattress!

excellent report. I can feel your fun.

WOOT!

NOTTOBORING
power poster
power poster

Postby NOTTOBORING » Mon Feb 26, 11:49 am

Great report

great english !

NTB

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Nice !!!!

Postby LastHamlet » Fri Mar 02, 10:15 pm

Believe this or not, but I am fluent in English, and I can't write this good...
Many Thanks, the photos were also excellent!!!
LH

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”