Young Guns part 2

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Young Guns part 2

Postby des » Wed Feb 14, 9:27 pm

Saturday morning and I was first to wake! I built a tiny spliff of the polm and stood at the open window to smoke it! I enjoyed the sensation of the radiator toasting my genitals while the cold wet air froze my face!

I dogged the others up and we went down for breakfast. The plan had been to make an early start and get to Haarlem about 10, but an unscheduled stop at Picasso's for some Poison meant we didnt get to Birdy's until well after 11!

We sat in the black leather chairs by the display cabinet and smoked a couple of spliffs of Northern Lights! I noticed the fingerprint accessed security system at the door, but as MHD said, the turnstile is folded down and is not in use!

Next stop was Key West, a coffeeshop we stumbled upon by accident on a previous visit! They didn't have the excellent Smokey Haze on their menu this time so we plumped for the Silver Haze instead! We weren't disappointed though, at 6 Euros a gram it matched anything we sampled from the high end of the market in Dam!

We shlepped through the drizzle down to the Grote Markt and had lunch at one of the cafes overlooking the square!
We bought a few bits and pieces from the market before heading down to the Sinsemilla for some of the legendary Amnesia Haze!

On the way back to the train station we somehow managed to get lost and ended up walking about 2 miles out of our way! WTF?

We eventually found ourselves sat in the Sativa where we caned a quick pre-rolled before jumping on the train home!

By the time we'd got our shit together it was getting late! We walked up to Picasso's but it was closed, so we went and sat downstairs in Popeye's and got monged on a bag of White Shark!

We were all fuckin' Hank Marvin after our exertions so we hit a steakhouse for our evening meal!
My missus had steak, the young uns all plumped for the rack of ribs and I had the lamb chops in rosemary! It was easily the best meal I've ever had in 8 visits to Amsterdam and the beer was excellent too!

In the Bulldog Lounge we copped the big table at the front of the shop and sampled the Haze and Dessert (sic) Bud!

Barney's was packed but the dealer was shuffling the pack as we walked in and he freed up the big table nearest the drinks counter! I scored a gram of Laughing Buddha and the kids built a couple of spliffs!
A young American lad was having the worst whitey I've ever seen at the table nearest the door! After he'd been laid on the table moaning for half a hour the woman behind the drinks counter suggested to his friends that he might benefit from some fresh air! They ignored her, and to make matters worse the evil dealer put whitey music from hell, Jazz, on the stereo!
The weed demons copped a bag of Willie Nelson and got the dealer to show them how to operate the vapouriser! To my shame, I passed on the vapo bags cos I was ready for sliding under the table!
We finished off with a bag of Honey B, the dearest weed on the menu and far and away the most expensive item from the dealers seed bank!

The kids bought a gram of the Caramello Cream hash to smoke back at the hotel and we split!

I don't remember going to bed that night!

Peace, Des.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Thu Feb 15, 1:18 am

Limey!

good reports. I bet I know that steakhouse. Yummy!

keep 'em coming!

WOOT!

Planning-A-Trip
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Young Guns part 2

Postby Planning-A-Trip » Thu Feb 15, 4:13 am

des wrote: I noticed the fingerprint accessed security system at the door, but as MHD said, the turnstile is folded down and is not in use!

what's that?

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Thu Feb 15, 6:11 pm

Great reporting des. Thanks!

Nice to read you got to Birdy's as well as Key West in Haarlem.
I "think" there's another coffeeshop on the same street as
those two, farther on down the road, heading away from the
station. I'm gonna check it out in April.

Keep the reports coming.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Thu Feb 15, 8:19 pm

xx
Last edited by Birdman on Mon Feb 26, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Feb 15, 11:33 pm

viking wrote:Great reporting des. Thanks!

Let us know what you find ... I'm sure there are loads of hidden gems that no ever comments on!

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Feb 15, 11:39 pm

Birdman wrote:
Des, who are these young ones? Your kids?

I offered my son the choice of a party or an all expenses paid trip to Amsterdam for his 18th birthday! Fortunately for me and his Mum he chose the Amsterdam trip! LOL

My daughter and nephew (both 19) came along for the ride!

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Young Guns part 2

Postby des » Thu Feb 15, 11:52 pm

Planning-A-Trip wrote:
des wrote: I noticed the fingerprint accessed security system at the door, but as MHD said, the turnstile is folded down and is not in use!

what's that?

There was talk about 18 months ago that you would have to register your fingerprint on a database to prove you were over 18! You would then access the coffeeshops via a turnstile by having your finger scanned first!

I think this idea must have died on its arse cos Birdy's is the only coffeeshop I've seen with the technology installed ... and even they don't use it!

Peace, Des.

brandx

Postby brandx » Fri Feb 16, 4:23 am

!
Last edited by brandx on Wed Oct 03, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Sat Feb 17, 7:01 pm

viking wrote:

Just found this on a Dutch site, but don't know how up to date it is ...

http://www.thekaart.nl/en-netherlands-h ... 179_0.html

Birdy's is number 2 and Coffeeshop Liberty is number 5!

Looks like a bit of a shlep ... maybe MHD could let us know if they're still in business?

Peace, Des.

mobiljenny
super power poster
super power poster

Postby mobiljenny » Sat Feb 17, 7:06 pm

des wrote:
Just found this on a Dutch site, but don't know how up to date it is ...

http://www.thekaart.nl/en-netherlands-h ... 179_0.html

Peace, Des.

Oh Shit!! That site roxors.!!

Thanx for the link.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Sun Feb 18, 2:14 am

Talking of coffeeshops off the beaten path, has anybody got any info on the two coffeeshops (no's 44 and 50) on the north side if the IJ?

http://www.thekaart.nl/en-netherlands-a ... _24_0.html

I vaguely remember someone saying they got offered a blowjob off an airline pilot in one of them, but I can't recall what they said the weed was like!

Peace, Des.

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Sun Feb 18, 3:36 am

Yeah, Liberty's the shop I was thinking of, des.
Thanks. I'll schlep on down there in April.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Feb 20, 3:01 pm

Another grand one, Des, and a rocking site to boot :-) The Vapo is getting much use on this trip.
All The Best,
LH

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”