theguest's overdue coffeeshop crawl trip report

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

theguest's overdue coffeeshop crawl trip report

Postby theguest » Sun Dec 31, 7:41 pm

Hi all,

Long overdue trip report. You may have seen in the past I have posted a single day then lost momentum. well this time, I have a datestamp off pictures I have taken so I should be able to recall more and I'll keep it short and sweet.

Back in November, had a 4/5 night trip planned, really needed the respite from work and really looked forward to it. Went over there with some mixed feelings due to some problems at home, but frankly I deserved the time out.

The usual, what is now uneventful flight on Easyjet. As usual, had hardly any sleep in the preceding days and weeks before flying. Thusly I was "fucked". Ended up lounging around the terminal.

Sat across from a group of three fit birds whilst waiting at the gate.

Landed and made the mad dash for passport control. wtf, only one lane open?? A pleasant hi to and from the man at the desk (unusually friendly I thought), collected my bag and off on the train. Again sat near some pleasant Dutch girls, the only highlight.

Dashed to the hotel and checked in. The usual thing, wham bam and out to Baba head shop. Skins, tips, check. Clipper lighter from Damrak souvenir shop, check. Cigs from Damrak tourist office, check.

This is where the memory gets funny, whether first or second, I hit up 420 De Kuil and sampled some Neville's Haze (11 a gram). Pleasant service as usual from the American weedtender (how did this guy get here by the way??). Can't remember much more about the place nor about the weed. I have a written review somewhere, need to find it.....

Next, I was off to Hunters Bar, one of my favourites. Here I scored a prerolled joint of Kali Mist. Not bad, not great IMO. I also bought some Hunters Haze and Caramello, a maroc hash. Again, I don't remember too much about the quality of this weed and hash (nothing outstanding) but I do remember seeing some familiar faces. Just who were those cute chicks over in the corner...? Aha, the girls from the airport!

It's not the first time I have seen people at the airport and coffeeshops, it is great to see. Several joints later I was pretty damn wasted. I tend now to go through a severe ritual of abuse when it comes to the gear. I tend to smoke, get really fucked up, and feel so baked that I have to leave the coffeeshop for some fresh air. Then once I am outside, I need to go find another coffeeshop. Repeat ad infinitum. I did this an average of about 12 times a day on this trip, lol!

Finished up, and on my way out said "hi" to the girls. As a solo traveller, I tend to exchange pleasantries and conversations but rarely hang out further. I tend to regret this so need to improve in future. OK picking up chicks is one thing, but there's been a couple of times when I've hung out and my new smoking buddy has wanted to go further and I have declined to my regret. Several times I have been offered to "go and have some more smokes and fuck some whores" lol! Fun times missed on my part!

Well that's it for Day 1, I don't remember much else...

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Tue Jan 02, 12:08 am

Sounds like you wore out your rolling mat...Thanks for the report :)

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Tue Jan 02, 12:42 am

Day 2

Next day I awoke amd slept through breakfast. I hardly ever do this, because breakfast is a nice way to start the day with the standard meat, cheese, eggs, jam, toast etc. but I was knackered and got another hours kip in bed.

I thought I would check out Rusland in that twilight zone on the coffeeshop map, the area I rarely venture to and don't have any bearings of.

There was one of those horse and carts seemingly following me around, shitting in the street, how nice ;-)

Now I remembered, of course I have been here before. With viking and purplehaze, ah good memories. I didn't buy anything off the menu but got myself a coke and chatted with the Dutch staff and patrons. I tried to use some Dutch I had learned previously, words for thank you, very good etc. They seemed fairly impressed, I am happy to say!

Next up was Barneys near Rembrandtsplein. I have visited this place before, quiet, away from the crowds, more time to ask about the gear before buying, I even remember getting a nice demonstration lighting of all the quality hashes in the past, even without any purchase! This place reminds me a lot of Siberie....quiet place that doesn't play reggae like most other coffeeshops, beside a canal. The area even resembles that near Siberie.

Anyway, got chatting with the Irish budtender, son of Derry but I didn't pick up his name. I scored some Willie Nelson which on my previous trip to the main Barneys I had been unlucky and they were out, luckily I found some in this case. I also needed some hash, some quality hash I was willing to pay more for, though not necessarily their approaching 50 euro a gram stuff. I scored some nice Caramella Cream, a previous cup winner. It smoked amazing, I really enjoyed that joint.

There was an Italian guy there and we all checked out the Google Earth they had running on the plasma screen. We found Nurburgring and Fiorano race tracks. When you're toking and checking out the whole world, it is as the guy says in Training Day "that's some trippy ass shit holmes!".

My camera tells me that I next went to De Tweede Kamer some time later that night. Well before that I'm pretty sure I went to Sheeba to catch a footy game, and I must have stopped by Route 66, my favourite coffeeshop.

Anyway, on to De Tweede Kamer. I like this place, they have good gear and a nice relaxed environment. Not particularly friendly because I have never really found the staff to be very chatty but anyway I scored some nice gear there: some NYC Diesel and Aisha Rifman hash. I got chatting to some French people in my basic French, it is cool to see these people who you would never guess smoke the herb in their home towns, come to Amsterdam to get shitfaced on weed. There is a cool montage on the wall of multiple types of hash, quite interesting, I was lost in the abundance of worldwide hash! There was also a really amazing hot MILF chick on the opposite corner of the place, I don't like to stare but I just could not keep my eyes off her!

seouleast
super power poster
super power poster

Postby seouleast » Tue Jan 02, 11:02 am

Was this a solo trip or what? Where were the other channelites? ;-)

Good report... short and to the point and funny, too!

So, what happened to the MILF? Did you leave the place without your eyes? Or did you get her digits?

Peace-
seouleast

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Tue Jan 02, 7:25 pm

yeah man, it was a solo trip. Not sure if other Channelites were in town at the time. nah, nothing happened with the MILF!

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Tue Jan 02, 11:43 pm

Nice report TG. Keep 'em coming please.

Dogbreath

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Wed Jan 03, 11:32 pm

Day 3

The halfway point in terms of nights spent and nights to go.

A little hazy this day, I do not remember all the coffeeshops visited. I think this was the day when I said, screw it - no bike riding, no museums, no crap, just smoking for me on this holiday!

First stop was Pink Floyd, damn hot waitresses they're everywhere! It is obviously some sort of prerequisite for a coffeeshop if you want a job there. Forget it if you have a pot belly like me!

Anyway, got a spot downstairs where I had not sat before, didn't realise that they did a decent breakfast. Spoke to the weedtender and purchased some Mothers Finest. I still remember smoking this for the first time from Otis when we met in Nes a few years back. Yep, mighty fine smoke. Medium green weed with orange hairs....

Chilled for a bit and saw some English come in and sit behind me. Group of 4 who looked and sounded like your typical chav family, actually I wouldn't normally be so judgemental, but when one of them moans his arse off.....yeah, time to move on! Its funny because I can blend in to many a busy city because people cannot place me very easily and may well be surprised to hear the voice coming from the face! I think some of you will know what I mean.

Next place I visited, at least to score, was De Tweede Kamer where I purchased some NYC Diesel....looking at my notes it appears I took a picture of this weed twice! So I had already visited there, lol!

Now, at least my memory and photographic evidence tells me that I definitely did return to Hunters Bar later that night. As the weekend neared, it was louder and more bustling than usual. Still, I scored a seat at the front next to the DJ booth and had me a nice couple of joints of Cambodian Haze - I seemed to smoke a lot of bio, sativa hazes this trip I must say. Got chatting with Dillon, the weedtender, while he was spinning discs. Actually it was the first time we introduced each other, we both recognised each other from the last few years I have frequented Hunters. Always thought him a pleasant chat but the weed bar in a busy place like Hunters with people queueing behind you never allows for more than the most basic of conversations. So it was good to have a chat with Dillon discussing Tiesto's older music.

I smoked late into the night as usual and hit the sack shortly after. I wonder whether I went to Febo that night - I did pretty much every night bar one. De rigeur i.e. vanilla milkshake, grill burger and whatever kind of crocket looked appetising. When in Amsterdam I typically eat breakfast and then a late night snack. At home I'll happily snack throughout the day but for some reason, despite the copious weed and hash smoking, I lose hunger for food in Amsterdam for the most part. I have only hunger for the herb, for the next joint!

Day 4 to come.....

btw thanks for reading and can I please take this chance to ask if any of you have any pictures of weed or hash that I can upload to my new site, smokersreviews.com. If you can please email them to me at theguest.channels @ gmail.com, or give me a web link where I can find them and use with your permission and let me know by email/PM, I would be most grateful.

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Thu Jan 04, 5:44 pm

theguest wrote:I thought I would check out Rusland in that twilight zone on the coffeeshop map, the area I rarely venture to and don't have any bearings of.

Now I remembered, of course I have been here before. With viking and purplehaze, ah good memories.
I'm glad you remember our
visit, because I don't! But I certainly believe you. Man, most all the
memories of the times we three spent together coffeeshopping are
very hazy. I wonder why that is?

Great report so far, theguest, hope to read more of it soon!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”