Cafe de Tap....no more!!!

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

mint fresh Julian
power poster
power poster

Cafe de Tap....no more!!!

Postby mint fresh Julian » Thu Oct 05, 11:21 pm

Just back from a very short two-day jaunt. Crammed in the usual, but was disappointed to find, upon arrival there, that my favourite, scruffy wee boozer - the Cafe de Tap on Prisengracht - has closed down!! It did have a lot of broken flagstones on the floor when I was there back in June, so maybe it's getting a re-furb; anybody know??

Had two good days on Friday and Saturday, with the temps in the early 20's - just right! Casa di David on Friday was defo not as good as it used to be! Next day we went to one of the bars in that lane that Vlemicx frites shops is on and just stayed there all afternoon watching the people going by. Did the RLD for the first time in years, and ended up Saturday night at the Leidseplein bars - something I normally don't do!

The usual (brief) visit to Coco's was marred by a dour easter euro-type waitress who was either constipated or wanted to be somewhere else - maybe both! And for the first time ever, there was a delay at CS cos there was no driver for the train to take us to Schipol! Panicking, we dove off after 20 mins and boarded another train on the other side of the platform that had just pulled in. No sooner were we sat on our arse than the other train boosted out from CS! MAde it to Skip ok.

Will finish of this TR by saying that we stayed at the Park Hotel this time around and, whilst not plush, it was clean, the staff were great, and the adjacent bar was fab!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”