jBomb's Weedly Week Report

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Dec 02, 8:54 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:Take one of the clear papers and fold it as tight as you can into a little bar, then light it up. Do the same with a regular paper. Gimmicks are gimmicks. Tried them, I think they are crap.

mhd

I like them a lot as they burn slow, have no taste and do not "run". The clear thing, I agree, is a gimmick.

PaXXX

shlo

Re: Weedly Week Report 18/9-24/9

Postby shlo » Sun Dec 03, 12:26 am

i hate spray wrote:
shlo wrote:
jBomb wrote:1.2g S. Silver Haze - 12,5
Still havent found the perfect sativa for me, but SSH is doin just fine for now.

Considering that we have agreed on everything to this point, I'll take the liberty of suggesting Laughing Buddha from Barneys. When I found Super silver haze I was thinking the exact same thing as you, "Great, now where can i find the perfect sativa for me" and then I found laughing buddha. I would also recommend trying the super silver haze at Rokerij. It's excellent.

i love the budda but havent heard it mentioned, i havent been over 4 a while so was wondering was it still up 2 scratch. also as im going just before christmas would the c/s put there best weed away for the christmas period? hope not!

Since I wrote this, I've heard a negative report on the laughing buddha, from Gerryman. I don't know if this was because something was lost in the importation process, but it's discouraging, to say the least. I also don't know if I would recommend the rokerij, as I've heard several negative reports from there too.

Jay_K
power poster
power poster

Postby Jay_K » Sun Dec 03, 1:01 am

Had the Laughing Buddah at Barneys a few days ago and it was nothing short of awesome, possibly the nicest looking buds I've seen in my visits there. Actually went in there to have a look at the G13 Haze but as soon as I saw the LB it had to be mine ;)

shlo

Postby shlo » Sun Dec 03, 3:37 am

Jay_K wrote:Had the Laughing Buddah at Barneys a few days ago and it was nothing short of awesome, possibly the nicest looking buds I've seen in my visits there. Actually went in there to have a look at the G13 Haze but as soon as I saw the LB it had to be mine ;)

I know the feeling. Thanks for clearing that up.

Stooks
new
new

Postby Stooks » Mon Dec 04, 3:56 pm

I had both laughing buddah and G13 Haze @ Barney's the G13 Haze is unbeleivable finest weed I've ever smoked the smoke is so mild you don't cough your guts up after a bong or a pipe.

i hate spray
just in
just in

Postby i hate spray » Mon Dec 04, 4:56 pm

shlo wrote:
Jay_K wrote:Had the Laughing Buddah at Barneys a few days ago and it was nothing short of awesome, possibly the nicest looking buds I've seen in my visits there. Actually went in there to have a look at the G13 Haze but as soon as I saw the LB it had to be mine ;)

I know the feeling. Thanks for clearing that up.

now i cant wait just 2 weeks to go till a fat brekkie an a potent budda!

jBomb
power poster
power poster

Weedly Week Report 27/11-3/12

Postby jBomb » Tue Dec 05, 4:44 pm

27-30/11 - Thursday
None had.

Arabica Lounge
This is a small, Moroccan run place near the Amstel and Rembrandtplein. Theyre nothing to scream about, but it is a far cry from the other very poor shops in Rembrandtplein, like Old Amsterdam and Smokeys. So, if you find yourself around there and are tired of the Rokerij, check it out. Decent hash deals.

Homegrown Fantasy
I went in after a forum member reminded me why it was a great shop. I walked out remembering why I dont go in a lot. There were only two weeds available - Snow White and something else. The rest was sold out, a White Widow and Santa Maria (at least I think it was Maria) and something else. When they have the goods, they are tops, but the are struggling post-Cup to get their stock back up.

1/12 - Fri
Rokerij
I had been misinformed that Rokerij had a NL5X Diesel. Sadly, this is not the case, as I was looking for something diesely. The best NYCD at the moment seems to be coming from Willie Wortels and the Greenhouse Effect, amongst others, Im sure.

2/12 - Sat
Grey Area
1g Sweethaze - 12,
Skunk Haze X Cannalope Haze
Sweet is definitely the word. This in a cellulose paper is like smoking candy. Feels like candy, too. Very nice high.

3/12 - Sunday
Grey Area
2g LA Haze shake - 10,
La Confidential X Cannalope Haze
Another fine strain from DNA, but I must admit, Im finding it harder and harder to distinguish between

5g Outdoor - 22,5
For hash joints, cause tobacco will kill ya.

Paradox
2.3g Ace (PP) - 17,
Ran over there with Schiphol and his lady today. I actually only bought 5, to start, but when I tried it, I knew I had to have some more. Smoking it now, and its stonier that some other more expensive Indicas in Mokum. Very cool, healthy shop with fresh juices, abstract art, and good service.

Got a unique opportunity this week. Was given some Rockbud. Though Im not sure of the genetics, the weed itself is an awful smoke. BUT, a few runs through the 70micron bag in the Bubbleator, and you get Unreal Hash that sells at Resin for 50,. Im very privileged to have received a bit for helping out with the isolating. It is a fantastic, stoney Mother Fucker (worth capitals). Also made some excellent Power Plant hash as well.

FAVORITE WEED/HASH OTW - Im going to take this chance and give it up to Paradox and what was to say the least a surprising smoke from Paradox. Very stoney, its a dream in a bong. The also had some nice Widow/Afghan if thats your thing.

FAVORITE SHOP OTW - Paradox again. This is a brighter, more artistic shop then you usually find in the cirty. They made their own juices and vegetarian dishes during the day. Dont stare at the abstract paintings for too long, they start to look like stuff after a while.

mtbskalover
power poster
power poster

Re: Weedly Week Report 27/11-3/12

Postby mtbskalover » Tue Dec 05, 5:04 pm

jBomb wrote:Homegrown Fantasy
I went in after a forum member reminded me why it was a great shop. I walked out remembering why I dont go in a lot. There were only two weeds available - Snow White and something else. The rest was sold out, a White Widow and Santa Maria (at least I think it was Maria) and something else. When they have the goods, they are tops, but the are struggling post-Cup to get their stock back up.

lol,
cheers for trying mate! shame they dont have much in as its always done me well compared to many places.
i guess it goes to show the supply problem.

TAK
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby TAK » Wed Dec 06, 1:59 pm

I just wanted to compliment Jbomb on an excellent thread. It must be tough doing all this, but somebody should do it.

LOL!

Dag
TAK

jBomb
power poster
power poster

Bi-Weedly Week Report 4/12-17/12

Postby jBomb » Tue Dec 19, 2:54 pm

4/12 - Mon
None had.

5/12 - Tue
(Happy freakin Sinterklaas Day)

OV Hortus (S-Day Special)
2.2 Wastkeburt - 10,
I only visit this shop on their discount days. OK draw - I use it for IOL joints.

6/12-8/12
None had.

9/12 - Sat
Homegrown Fantasy
1g Genie of the Lamp - 10,
NYCD X Canadian Big Bud. I think the thrill of this bud is the fact, if Im right, that this is the first weed in any shop with Canadian genetics. It is a fine smoke, though a bit overgrown and under-dried, got real high though. HF menu, like in many shops recently, is back up to par.

Nes
2g Stella Blue - 15,
It smells like blueberries. It really, really does. It rivals Anydays Stella, though I must go in and check. In fact, all of the Nes stock was top when I stopped in and ran into Rev from the ACD Forum and his band of lads. Cheers guys.

Tue
Grey Area
1g Grey Haze 11,50
I didnt get any, but wanted to point out the price hike, up from 10,. I mention this as this is GA second hike in about two months, and I was disappointed that they are increasing so quickly. Overhead and competition are definite issues that shops need to raise prices for, but I fear GA may fall into the bigger shops trap of just raising prices because people will pay for them.

Wed
Barneys
1g Nightshade - 10,
This came in 3rd in the Indica Cup at the Cannabis Cup and deservedly so. Its a stoners dream. Couch-lock, I believe is the term. Perfect in a glass bowl in bed before passing out.

Thu
Grey Area
3.5 GreyBerry - 28,
Blueberry X Bubblegum
What an incredible cross. This strain is proof that the taste of the smoke can enhance your experience. It really did taste like a piece of Blueberry Bubblegum. Nice tight, thick buds. Enjoying a joint of it at Bluebird now.

Fri
Greenhouse Effect
5g NYCD X Haze - 50,
After the hike of Grey Haze at GA, I was thrilled to see a 5g=50, deal on an incredible strain at GH Effect, which has gone without much mention in my report, but that shit stops now. Dude gave me a HUGE bud and called it a Christmas Tree. Well, Merry fuckin Christmas to me, but its a great weed. Toke conservatively, the high is great, but the comedown is a little harsh.

WEED/HASH OTW - NYCD X Haze from GH Effect - Kudos to a great strain and a reminder that GH Effect has great big bag deals. Usually, this strain is 13, per gram, but buy in bulk at save a ton! You can get a drink too, for the time being.

SHOP OTW - Though I didnt mention it, I did spend quite a bit of time at Hill Street Blues this week, and its come to be favorite for late night partying and what-not. Out of all the shops open til 3 on the weekends, this one is tops HUGE place, good weed, large array of non-alcoholic and alcoholic (for now) drinks, great view of the Damrak, couches, and a pool table. Unfortunately, because of their size and location, theyll probably drop selling weed in March, but itll probably become a smokers bar, which is OK.

Ive had a crazy couple of weeks, to say the least. End of term work and friends in town made for a sporadic, strange Report, I know. Well, more bad news. In one week, I go back to the state until the beginning of February, so the Weedly Week will have to be put on hiatus until then. I know many forum members will be in town over the New Year, and Im sure theyll will keep all of us well informed

It seems as though the more desperate times of the weed drought are behind us, though things arent perfect, the green is certainly increasing in quality. I hear through Mile High that Cheese will; be around in January, we should be so lucky. Well see if the grass gets any greener

Had a couple of great meets with forum members - courtjester, jr., Rev, and of course Bluelaru. I think oracle managed to climb out from under the 3rd bridge for a smoke as well. Good times had, see you guys in April for more.

Special Christmas Report next week - What the hell makes it so special, Ill never know.

mobiljenny
super power poster
super power poster

Postby mobiljenny » Tue Dec 19, 4:13 pm

Bueno!!

Can someone translate "Wastkeburt"? The online translators don't catch it and google shows the word, but I don't get the gist of it.

ta,
jeuckje.

shlo

Postby shlo » Tue Dec 19, 4:54 pm

watskeburt means "Mobilejenny sucks ass." lol.

chas
power poster
power poster

Feels Good

Postby chas » Wed Dec 20, 10:48 pm

"Also, great, cheap hash at Feels Good on Gelderse"

Is this the place on Oudezijds Voorburgwal 36, Amsterdam (NL, 1012) ??

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "Gelderse".

I deffinitely want to hit this place if it has "great cheap hash", thats why I want to know the address. Thanks, Charles from NJ

Fred Lemonjello
power poster
power poster

Postby Fred Lemonjello » Thu Dec 21, 1:17 am

THX for the newest reviews jBomb!

Fred

jBomb
power poster
power poster

Re: Feels Good

Postby jBomb » Thu Dec 21, 4:38 am

chas wrote:"Also, great, cheap hash at Feels Good on Gelderse"

Is this the place on Oudezijds Voorburgwal 36, Amsterdam (NL, 1012) ??

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "Gelderse".

I deffinitely want to hit this place if it has "great cheap hash", thats why I want to know the address. Thanks, Charles from NJ

Well, it's listed as that in the ACD, and though I don't doubt it, I'm not 100% sure. Its easy to find - past Central C/S away from the station and there is another coffeeshop called Voyagers on the right, make a right onto the canal right after it and walk down for a minute. Its on the right.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sat Dec 23, 6:30 am

a big tip of my cap to you jbomb!

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Sat Dec 23, 7:43 pm

These reports are great. Paradox is one of my favorite spots. They have some excellent fresh mint tea. Their White Widow is good also, at least when they have it in.

Chili

genypher
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby genypher » Sat Dec 23, 11:35 pm

jBomb: thanks for posting these. They seriously make my heart flutter and my mouth water! April seems so far away, but reading these reports reminds me that it is totally worth the wait. Great job!

jBomb
power poster
power poster

Weedly Week Report 18/12-25/12

Postby jBomb » Fri Dec 29, 7:04 pm

20/12 - Wed
Rastababy
Last edited by jBomb on Sat Dec 30, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Dec 29, 7:10 pm

There are whole lot of nice channelites in the Chicago area, you should try to hook up???

PaXXX

islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby islandgurl » Fri Dec 29, 9:49 pm

Man, Jbomb I'm glad I never went to Rastababy, eventhough I stayed real close to there and passed it daily. Just never had a good feeling about it, now I know why. Keep up the reports, I'll be back as soon as I can but not before YOU lol next time you'll have to teach me how to roll!

Peace,
islandgurl :-)

jBomb
power poster
power poster

Weedly Week Report 26/1 - 4/2

Postby jBomb » Mon Feb 05, 9:40 pm

THE RETURN
26/1 - Fri

How good is it to be back in the Dam? If anyone knows, its you guys, so I wont bother prattling on. However, I will say that while variety is not what it is in Mokum, I just spent a week in NYC smoking some FANTASTIC Indica (strain unknown, but def a NL cross, in my suspicion. Also got some Double Purp and Romulan - just tops! Better tha average mids in Chicago, but I forgot how much money got you so little weed. Got to use to the Dutch way, I suppose. Good to hear the Adam stock quality is going up, its got a lot of the competition internationally, as it always did.

Grey Area
1g Grey Haze - 11,50
Like there was any doubt I would start with this one? Actually, it was a bit of a fluke, but happy to hit a gram in the Roor Bong with John and Martin. Happy to be back indeed.

27/1 - Sat
Nes
1g Trip Skunk - 7,50
DC and the gang are doing well, and the weed at the Nes is of its usual quality. Tried some trip skunk on recommendation of oracle. Good, but not very remarkable. Enjoyed it w/ oracle and his son, DJ Toxic!

Bluebird
1.3g Blue Cheese - 12,
Finally. Perhaps it can never live up to the hype that this and other forums have bestowed on it, but this unusual strain is a stoney one to say the least. The flavor and smell is pungent, but you wont be bothered to crack a window. Very nice and exclusively at the Bluebird, for the time being.

30/1 - Tues
Grey Area
1g Super Silver Haze - 11,5
Ivc hitted this gram twice in one day, and both times it blew me away. A very gentle Super Silver Haze that lasts longer than most. So far one puff is enough! Another winner from Grey.

31/1 - Wed
Nes
1g Blueberry - 9,
Unfortunately the excellent Blueberry of last year is no more, but check it out when youre there, as it always changes. The gram I got was still nice, though, even if it didnt explode with blueberry scent and flavor,

Sat
Grey Area
1g Kushage - 10,
This fucker blew my top. A Powerful sativa to say the least, GA seems to only have small bags of it at select times. Id say this, SS Haze, and the Yellow Cab are the ones to check out now

Ran into a dude at Grey smoking the tail-end of a 10-gram joint. I told him Im sorry I missed it, and he told me not to worry, as the were about to roll another one, and Ill be damned if he didnt. It was a pleasure to share it with him, and a 15 gram joint the very next day.

Sun 4/.2
Met with oracle, Tak, Holly, and smokedpeppers and wife at oracles place for a great smoke-out. Cheers, guys.

OV Hortus
1g Super Woman - 6,5
A very nice surprise at a shop I dont frquent through its close by. An strong indica for the price, smooth flavor as well. Good suggestion by the budtender, whos name eludes me.

FAVORITE WEED/HASH OTW -Easily, this week its Kushage. Its just a killer sativa for a decent price, especially in a time where price-jacking seems to be the trends at most shops (Grey Area is not immune either, as its most expensive bud now goes for 13,5)

COFFEESHOP OTW - I pretty much stuck to the usuals since Ive been back in Mokum, and I hope to change this time. I guess this week goes to Grey Area, for the sheer volume of time I spend there.

Seems the major change in the past month is the purchase of Blue Velvet by Greenhouse and of Pink Floyd by the Dampkring, making a strip out of Harlemmerstraat, with Barneys a 2 minute walk from either. It will be interesting to see if (arguably) the three biggest shops can go at it head-to-head, as it were. And dont forget La Grotte, Picasso, or Popeye, either - all of them also on that street.

More to come in the weeks ahead. Ive heard a vicious RUMOR than Bulldog is selling weed with sand in it. Let us pray this isnt so, as it would be a new low for them and the Coffeeshop industry in general. I may have to stomach a trip to Bulldog myself see if this is indeed the case.

See you guys next week.

jBomb

Chili Ed
super poster
super poster

Postby Chili Ed » Tue Feb 06, 3:00 pm

jBomb, you da man. It's nice to hear the Blue Cheese is back in stock.

I'm interested to hear some hash reports. I had some Super Polm at Anyday and it was great. I couldn't control my laughter. I smoked it in one of their RooR bongs on top of some White Widow. This is a top combo for me.

Keep up the good work.

PEACE

Chili

Jay_K
power poster
power poster

Postby Jay_K » Wed Feb 07, 4:09 pm

Already saidit on ACD but thanks for the update!

Fred Lemonjello
power poster
power poster

Postby Fred Lemonjello » Fri Feb 09, 11:59 am

Good to see you back jBomb, THX for the report!
Hope you find the time to get a couple more of these in before I leave on 1 March.... having a fresh update of whats HOT and whats NOT is sure gunna come in handy.

Fred

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Holy Smoke,,,,, Literally!!!!

Postby LastHamlet » Sat Feb 10, 2:49 am

Screw me, this is "The MF'ing Weed Report of the Century"
Literally, a who's who in weed and shops.
Hats Off JBomb!!! with this weed archive posted, one needs very little else... Although, now I am thinking about quitting smoking :-)
Just kiddin', I'm really thinking of printing this weed chronicle out, for reference.
All The Best Regards,
LastHamlet

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Sat Feb 10, 4:34 am

Thanks for keeping us updated, jBomb.

Looking forward to smoking with you again
in April, man.

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

Postby lctricity » Sat Feb 10, 4:49 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Your reports are the absolute "shite" and are much appreciated.

Thanks for takin' the time.

Keep "em Comin'!

shlo

Postby shlo » Sat Feb 10, 2:28 pm

Keep posting, I want to hear about the whole Harlemmer strip, and part of Nieuwendijk.

jBomb
power poster
power poster

jBomb's Weedly Week Report 6/2-21/6

Postby jBomb » Wed Feb 21, 11:36 pm

6/2 - Tue
Grey Area
1g Cannalope Haze - 12,5
An old favorite caught my eye on Johns recommendation. I find it to be a smoother veriosn of the C13, which tends to get me on pins and needles sometimes. Keep you active but chill.

8/2 - Thu
Amnesia
1g Mekong Haze - 10,
Not remarkable. Its becoming more and more evident that both Barneys and Amnesia chem. Quite a bit of their weed, and a bit too much. Though they have a nice menu, ask for the bio-organic (Thats a good rule in shops overall, actually).

Grey Area
2g AK47 Shake - 10,
I love cheap deals like this. The shake is at times just as good as bud, fresh daily, and half the price of bud. Be cool about it, if you go for shake buy a bud as well. Dont take advantage, but they hook up everyone that asks nicely.

10/2
Bluebird
1.9 Silver Pearl - 12,5
Been a while since I saw this classic in a shop, especially Bluebird. Nice stoney strain, good price too.

11/2
OV Hortus
2.2g Kiss of Antarctica -10, - D-Day Special
2.6g SuperPolm - 10, - D-Day Special
The OVs weed is usually hit and miss. The names are a little off, but dont be afraid to ask for a recommendation. Theyve never steered me wrong, and they recently gotten into a bit higher market range, selling things like Lavender and Sour Diesel.

13/2 - Tue
Rokerij Singel
1g Sour Diesel - 10,
Very nice taste to this one as I hit it in a bowl at the Doors two shops down on the Singel. I find they usually have the best weed of the three (third being Bulldog).

13/3 - Wed
OV Hortus
2g SuperWoman - 13,
This stoney little number sparked my fancy once again. OV is very close to where I live, too, so proximity plays a role.

14/3 - Thu
Bluebird
1.9g Hash Haze - 12,5
Again a late night pick up. Needed the power sativa, and boy did this one deliver. Made the night very smooth.

20/3 - Wed
1g Bubble One - 13,5
Bubble Gum X J1 Haze
Never heard of J1 before today, turns out to be an old Cali strain. Though it had the smell of Bubble, the taste didnt quite match. Fortunately, the high did. Very powerful, and a nice change from an equilavent indica, like GreyBerry

I finally had the opportunity to walk the supposedly new strip on Harlemmerstraat. First, I stopped in at Barneys Breakfast Bar. The menu is still quality, with more pst cup winners on then there has been previously. Sadly, the Cheese I was in search of was not yet in, though they promised soon (Soon, SOON., the guy said).

Next I went to the NEW GREENHOUSE (Lights and sirens, please), or the old Blue Velvet, as you may know it. Heres the story. A couple of weeks ago Arjan bought up the license from the old owners. That very night he had a party there to celebrate. The NEXT morning, at 6am, the Blue Velvet sign came down and the GH one went up. Then, at 9am (roughly) they opened for business as the GreenHouse and started tearing out the old interior for renovation. This shop is literally a huge hole in the wall, but open and selling. When done, Im sure it will be the swankest coffeeshop you ever did see! Oh boy, oh boy. (Oozing sarcasm). I didnt buy any weed, but the Hawaiian Snow looked nice.

Next up, Pink Floyd. Though you wouldnt know it, because nothings changed yet, PF has been sold to the Dampkring. Theyve yet to start refurbishing, but MHD let it slip early on that they have some big plans for the shop.

Also, read on the forums while I was in the states that De Kroon might be closed. Fortunately, they were just redecorating to be a bit more eye catching across from 420. It worked, you cant miss the various shades of green laden throughout their sleek new room. The green lights that complement the green walls make it impossible to tell if the green you want to buy is any good or not. No proper lighting is available, and I do believe ths to be on purpose. New look, old tricks.

On a VERY sad note, the rumor that the heavy weed rolled in glass and other crap, has indeed infiltrated Amsterdam. The Bulldog did indeed sell some of the weed for a bit, before being called out on it (dont looked too surprised). Dampkring, even, got a bad shipment, but never put it on sale. It is a shame that such a shoddy product permeated its way onto the industry here. Hopefully it will be the last time.

Youll note a distinct lack of purchases lately. This is primarily due to the success and crop of a home grow I had of about 40 plants. At 9 weeks, we took down the sstalks that started as Somas personal clones of Lavender, NYCD, and Hash Plant Haze. Suffice to say, we did well, and Im enjoying the fruits of my labors. Though the shop purchases will decrease even more, Ill attempt to report the rumors, gossip, and backtalk in the city. This Friday Im hitting the Highlife Cup with Mile High and Oracle, should be a smokin blast! I will report all I see.

On a final note, and as you may have noticed, I have been accused of being Tony Kan, and British.

Im neither.

jBomb

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”