I love Amsterdam.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

muzikman88
power poster
power poster

I love Amsterdam.

Postby muzikman88 » Tue Aug 22, 4:06 am

Well, just that. I love the place. After being there for 7 days, it is nice to be home. Can't help but to want to go back tho. Time for bed tho as my body is still on amsterdam time at 5am, and im going on 24 hours being awake. Ill post a report in the morning, or evening, whenever i wake up from my recooperation.

Lamont
power poster
power poster

Postby Lamont » Tue Aug 22, 5:17 am

welcome back glad you returned safely and had a good time. Look forward to your full trip report!

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Re: I love Amsterdam.

Postby Hammer » Tue Aug 22, 5:32 am

muzikman88 wrote:Well, just that. I love the place. After being there for 7 days, it is nice to be home. Can't help but to want to go back tho. Time for bed tho as my body is still on amsterdam time at 5am, and im going on 24 hours being awake. Ill post a report in the morning, or evening, whenever i wake up from my recooperation.

But here's the bad news. Within 3 or 4 days, you will start jonesing for another fix. And another one, and so on. Actually this is probably the good news, cause even though Amsterdam is habit-forming, it is worth every day and night spent there. Just start saving for the next one. Oh yeah, and be prepared to do a lot of day-dreaming for awhile. Like 10 years.

Meegybaby7
power poster
power poster

Postby Meegybaby7 » Tue Aug 22, 1:25 pm

How true!
I just finished a photo album to show some people in work. I became possessed just like if I was planning a trip. I am jonesing so bad! And I probably can't go back for 2 years. It's so sad.
Meegy

Sawhiskey
super poster
super poster

Postby Sawhiskey » Tue Aug 22, 2:32 pm

Man I think about Amsterdam all day everyday. Just wait till you get the vivid dreams and you wake up ready to go to Grey Area to get some haze. Sometimes I really think I am there anyway hope to meet you in Dam sometime when I go again.

muzikman88
power poster
power poster

Postby muzikman88 » Tue Aug 22, 2:38 pm

Sawhiskey wrote:Man I think about Amsterdam all day everyday. Just wait till you get the vivid dreams and you wake up ready to go to Grey Area to get some haze. Sometimes I really think I am there anyway hope to meet you in Dam sometime when I go again.

haha, already happening.

LAXtoAMS
power poster
power poster

Postby LAXtoAMS » Tue Aug 22, 9:25 pm

I first went to amsterdam when I was 18 jaar old and have been fortunate enough to have gone a total of Six times and everytime you return you're good for a week and then the vivid dreams come, followed by the intense forum posting, followed by intense review reading and It wont stop until your next trip. Alas I have found a way to quench my thirst... UvA accepts internationals students and I will be there from Aug 2007- May2008 that will be a nice little trip..

jBomb
power poster
power poster

Postby jBomb » Tue Aug 22, 10:01 pm

I know what you mean, LAX, I start my year at UvA in ONE WEEK!!!! My story is similiar to yours, and for Americans, studying (and expat jobs) is really is the only long term solution to the Netherlands strict rules about staying the country. I can't wait, a year in the Dam and a graduate degree to boot.

TreeOfLimEs
power poster
power poster

Postby TreeOfLimEs » Tue Aug 22, 10:14 pm

And so say all of us!
Magic place.

TAK
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby TAK » Wed Aug 23, 2:46 am

Hammer wrote:
muzikman88 wrote:Well, just that. I love the place. After being there for 7 days, it is nice to be home. Can't help but to want to go back tho. Time for bed tho as my body is still on amsterdam time at 5am, and im going on 24 hours being awake. Ill post a report in the morning, or evening, whenever i wake up from my recooperation.

But here's the bad news. Within 3 or 4 days, you will start jonesing for another fix. And another one, and so on. Actually this is probably the good news, cause even though Amsterdam is habit-forming, it is worth every day and night spent there. Just start saving for the next one. Oh yeah, and be prepared to do a lot of day-dreaming for awhile. Like 10 years.

You are experiencing "P.A.D." Post Amsterdam Depression. LOL. We all suffer this affliction.

The cure...Start planning your next trip. Then go.

Dag
TAK

genypher
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby genypher » Wed Aug 23, 3:10 pm

congrats on your trip and glad you made it home safe. can't wait for a detailed report.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Sat Aug 26, 7:14 am

muzikman88 wrote:Well, just that. I love the place.

Don't we all!

What a shame that we can't love each other as much as we love this city

Then maybe there wouldn't be all that horrible stuff going on in the guest forum

:-)

Lamont
power poster
power poster

Postby Lamont » Sat Aug 26, 9:01 pm

uk*bag*lady wrote:Then maybe there wouldn't be all that horrible stuff going on in the guest forum

Agreed, I'm relatively new here so I'm not sure...does the flaming happen pretty regularly in the Guest forum?

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Sat Aug 26, 10:50 pm

Lamont wrote:
uk*bag*lady wrote:Then maybe there wouldn't be all that horrible stuff going on in the guest forum

Agreed, I'm relatively new here so I'm not sure...does the flaming happen pretty regularly in the Guest forum?

O yes. The trick is to learn as I did what and when to ignore

But do stay around because theres much more good to Channels than there is bad

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”