Trip Report: Day One, Conclusion

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Trip Report: Day One, Conclusion

Postby Banks » Sun Jun 29, 5:32 pm

07June, 2003
Day One, Part 3

How funny can this be? As a person who has the habit of falling asleep in mid-sentence myself, finding Sherri doing the same is pretty funny. She just stopped talking… and then you realize you are sitting there waiting for her to finish the thought for a minute or so before noticiing she’s actually sound asleep. What can you do? I’m thinking a small bowl of the “Shoes” from Grey Area using the pipe I purloined from that little shop near Old Style would be a nice nightcap…
Very, very tasty indeed… washed down with a nice cold Heineken. Sherri hasn’t moved a muscle… wait, where’s that digital Canon?
I get the camera out of the case, and turn it on… after a few minutes, I figure out enough of how it works to take some pictures. Sherri still hasn’t moved an inch. I snap a couple of pictures from a few different angles, and then I put the empty Heineken bottle beside one of her outstretched hands, and the pipe beside the hand lying across her tummy and take a few more. I know, it’s not nice to take advantage of a newbie this way, but its all in good fun… I’ve noticed during the first day that she always goes back and checks out the pictures she has taken to see if they are any good. I’m laughing to myself at what she’ll find the next time she reviews the pictures!
With that, and another Puccini for good measure, I turn in for the night at about 11:20pm or so. I’m really tired, so it doesn’t take more than about, oh, maybe ten seconds for me to drop off into dream world. Seemingly moments later I wake up, and roll over and look at the clock… it is now 1:30am in the morning. The curtains are open and so are the windows, with a nice cool breeze wafting in. I look to my left, but Sherri isn’t beside me in the bed… I don’t see her in the room, so she must be in the bathroom. I lay there for a few minutes dozing, but I don’t hear any sounds coming out of the bathroom. I’d better get up and check. No Sherri there, either. Maybe she went out for a walk…
After about ten minutes, I begin to wonder where she might be and get a little concerned. I turn on the lights and look around the room. Everything looks like it did when we were in for the night. Maybe I’d better go look for her. I pull on a t-shirt to go with my gym shorts, and put on my Nike running shoes. If I was her, where would I go? Couldn’t be too far since she doesn’t know her way around. The first place I check is down in the lounge… but to no avail. She’s not there… okay, into the elevators. At the front desk, I ask if anyone has seen a girl matching Sherri’s description leave recently. No one has. At that, I tell them that if anyone fitting her description comes in, to tell her I’m out looking for her, and to not freak out and just go back to the room.
Out the front doors I go, and look both ways… just a few denizens of the night walking around in view, but none of them Sherri. I run up to the Singel and look around. No go. I take off in the direction of the Centraal Station, thinking maybe she went that way… still no Sherri. I make my way down the Spuistraat in the direction of AnyDay… no sign of her anywhere. This is crazy. Think… she is probably sitting on a bench somewhere, or has gotten herself completely lost. Funny how the mind goes from one extreme to the other… must be the bud… hell, I probably just missed her and she’s back in the room by now.
I decide that my best course of action is to check back at the Renaissance. It’s now 2:30am and back up Spuistraat I go. I get to the front desk and begin to inquire as to whether she has come back when the phone rings… the deskman politely excuses himself and picks up the phone. As he is listening, his eyes get big, and he looks directly at me, and then asks the person to hold.
He then asks me “Is there any chance your WIFE could be walking around the halls of the hotel WITHOUT ANY CLOTHES?”
“Umm… I guess it’s possible. The last time I saw her she didn’t have much on, but I don’t really know!” I decide that I don’t need to tell him she’s not my wife…
He then asks the person on the phone what color her hair is and how long it is.
He cups his hand over the phone and asks me, “Dark brown, about shoulder length?”
“Yes… straight?”
He asks the caller, “Straight?”
“Sir, I think we’ve found her. She is walking around the third floor laughing and knocking on doors. Since she has no clothes on, I’ll let you go up first and I’ll follow in about a minute. When you get out of the elevator, take a left.”
I bolt for the elevators, and up I go. As the doors open, guess who I find??? SHERRI… NAKED AS A JAYBIRD!!! And I get a big hug and a kiss.
I pull her into the elevator, and punch the button for the 6th floor. I give her my t-shirt in case we meet anyone along the way. Back in the room safely, I call the front desk and tell them thank you, I’ve found her. The man just laughs and tells us to have a nice night.
I turn from the phone, and see that Sherri is already back in bed and sleeping again… and there on the desk is her white thong that I didn’t see earlier.
Whew, what relief. I had imagined the worst… okay maybe not the worst which would be if all the coffeeshops in Amsterdam were immediately put out of business, but you know what I mean. Thank goodness she’s okay. It’s funny how something like this causes you to straighten right up… I look over at the table and see the “Shoes” and Stella Blue calling my name. I break off some Stella, fuzz up some Shoes, and have myself a nice juicy bowl. I’m feeling a whole lot better.

End of Day One… to recap the day: drive 6 hours to Newark Airport… find Sherri at the airport… Polish exchange student bartender on his first day… nice flight on Singapore Airlines… deathbag almost killing Sid Vicious in Centraal Station upon arrival… Sherri almost getting mashed by a MacBikes tour… “Man from UNCLE” at the front desk of the Renaissance telling us no early check-in… Stella Blue bud from “AnyDay…” Belgian beers with an older couple from England in Dam Square whose favorite coffeeshop is the “Noon”… Puccini chocolates… Greyberry bud and Nepalese hashish from “Grey Area…” more Puccini’s… Shoes hashish from “Grey Area…” more Belgian beer overlooking the Singel canal… Snow White bud from “Chocolata…” rijkstaffel at “Kantjil en de Tijger…” Moroccan hashish from “Chocolata…” Sherri torturing the Brits and Dubliners at the Bulldog... Sherri smoking marijuana and hash for the first time… Sherri then taking off her top and doing a rain dance and falling asleep… Sherri wandering the halls of the Renaissance naked…

I still haven’t gotten laid, and I’m not sure I’m giving Sherri anything else to smoke…

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sun Jun 29, 6:38 pm

I really think that Sherrie needs to smoke some more "shoes" and that might be all she wears afterwords! LOL. How the heck are you going to follow this day??? Absolutley amazing. A word to the wise, be careful of that camera while sleeping thing, payback an sometimes be a bitch, LOL
Thanks so much for sharing this day with us.
Pax

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun Jun 29, 6:53 pm

I laughed so damn hard my face hurts! Poor Sherri! Does she know about this yet or is ignorance bliss? That has got to be one of the most interesting 1st days in A'dam I have ever heard of. A keeper for sure. I can only imagine what the rest of the trip was like...for now. Hurry up and post more :-)

moe.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Jun 29, 7:06 pm

BOhannon wrote:I really think that Sherrie needs to smoke some more "shoes" and that might be all she wears afterwords! LOL. How the heck are you going to follow this day??? Absolutley amazing. A word to the wise, be careful of that camera while sleeping thing, payback an sometimes be a bitch, LOL
Thanks so much for sharing this day with us.
Pax

BO, at this point she hadn't even smoked any "Shoes" yet, and she was COMPLETELY NAKED IN THE HALLWAYS of the Renaissance!

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Jun 29, 7:08 pm

moe. wrote:I laughed so damn hard my face hurts! Poor Sherri! Does she know about this yet or is ignorance bliss? That has got to be one of the most interesting 1st days in A'dam I have ever heard of. A keeper for sure. I can only imagine what the rest of the trip was like...for now. Hurry up and post more :-)

moe.

Moe... all I can say at this point is she eventually finds out about the pictures. You'll have to keep reading...
As for a first day, yeah, this is one for the books!

Mr. Charlie
super poster
super poster

Postby Mr. Charlie » Sun Jun 29, 7:11 pm

Sounds like you've found the key to getting Sherrie out of her britches, you just need to keep her FOCUSED!! LOL!!!!

That's hysterical, though I'm sure it wasn't when you couldn't find her.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sun Jun 29, 8:11 pm

I think that in the future you might need to tie a string between the two of you when you sleep, hell you could each put one foot through her thong, LOL
BTW is she coming with you In Oct.?
Pax

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Trip Report: Day One, Conclusion

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Sun Jun 29, 9:03 pm

Banks wrote:
I still haven’t gotten laid, and I’m not sure I’m giving Sherri anything else to smoke…

hmm...it sounds like the weed is the best bet for getting her crazy, but you don't want her too crazy. Looks like, as James Taylor and Carole King put it, 'you've got a friend.' As someone alluded in an earlier post, there's no better place to have blueballs than Amsterdam, you can always nip off to the RLDor just smoke yourself to the point past caring.

Although who knows, day two might give news of an orgiastic event, keep em comin....

running wild
power poster
power poster

Postby running wild » Sun Jun 29, 9:04 pm

Only in Amsterdam and Harry Potter Books :-) Journey on!!!! Running Wild

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Sun Jun 29, 9:24 pm

BOhannon wrote: be careful of that camera while sleeping thing, payback an sometimes be a bitch, LOL

Yes, you don't want a reinactment of the urban legend about the toothbrushes.

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Sun Jun 29, 10:48 pm

Cool chick.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again...

Only in Amsterdam.

:-) Dogbreath

Keep 'em coming, please.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Jun 29, 11:16 pm

BOhannon wrote:I think that in the future you might need to tie a string between the two of you when you sleep, hell you could each put one foot through her thong, LOL
BTW is she coming with you In Oct.?
Pax

No way, Jose... I'm planning to be by myself in October... unless Penelope Cruz gets rid of Tom Cruise and begs me to take her with me!

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Jun 29, 11:19 pm

LaTristesseDurera wrote:
BOhannon wrote: be careful of that camera while sleeping thing, payback an sometimes be a bitch, LOL

I must have missed that legend... what is it?

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Sun Jun 29, 11:34 pm

Banks wrote:
LaTristesseDurera wrote:

I must have missed that legend... what is it?

About a guy who goes to a hotel and his room is broken into and nothing gets taken but when he gets home and develops his pictures he finds a picture of a guy with his tooth brush up his...

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Mon Jun 30, 12:12 am

LaTristesseDurera wrote:

It is NOT an "urban ledgend" . It happened to a coworker of mine while he was in Jamaca( a real jerk I might add) .When he returned and got his film developed he found a very strange photo of a black background with a light blue horizontal line in the middle. It took him a while to figure out what it was. I saw the photo (and laughed my ass off!) I am ASSuming that we are talking about the same thing here.
Pax

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon Jun 30, 4:54 am

Get the fuck out of here... you guys didn't actually believe that one did you???

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Mon Jun 30, 5:12 am

Banks wrote:Get the fuck out of here... you guys didn't actually believe that one did you???

OK. Banks is on probation.

. until the G-String pics are onliine. How dare you write bogus stuff. My goans will never be the same.

the tourist
just in
just in

Postby the tourist » Mon Jun 30, 7:26 am

on to important shit. whats sherris shaving technique? a little furbage, alot, smooth as a babys bottom?

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon Jun 30, 3:03 pm

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon Jun 30, 3:07 pm

the tourist wrote:on to important shit. whats sherris shaving technique? a little furbage, alot, smooth as a babys bottom?

A gentleman never tells.

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Mon Jun 30, 3:25 pm

Banks wrote:A gentleman never tells.

Where did this notion that you are a gentleman come from?

Despite the fact that other inquiring mind want to know I can't really see what sharing that particular details would have to offer. Personally, I think that this information is far better discovered on ones own. After all, as the cliche goes "getting there is half the fun."

I think that the next time that you are in town we may have to go on some "fact finding" missions of our own.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon Jun 30, 4:36 pm

buckofive wrote:
Banks wrote:A gentleman never tells.

Where did this notion that you are a gentleman come from?

Despite the fact that other inquiring mind want to know I can't really see what sharing that particular details would have to offer. Personally, I think that this information is far better discovered on ones own. After all, as the cliche goes "getting there is half the fun."

I think that the next time that you are in town we may have to go on some "fact finding" missions of our own.

Someone started the rumor about me being a gentleman... I just need to try to live up to it!!!
It would be great to meet up on the next trip. I am sure the "fact finding" will be excellent!

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Mon Jun 30, 5:01 pm

Wait a second...I'm thinking of an October trip with you maniacs??

Whose crazier me or you???

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Mon Jun 30, 6:21 pm

"We're all bozos o this bus" (FURTHUR) If you know what I mean, and I think you do! LOL
Pax

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Mon Jun 30, 6:59 pm

OK...this has been on my mind since I read this post a few hours ago.

I just want to say thank you to you guys for showing that you are in fact gentlemen.

I am a pretty down and dirty, tell it like it is person BUT...the thought of someone asking the question about how a girl was shaved has just rubbed me the wrong way.

Keep that crap off this forum please.

Thanks

_non
power poster
power poster

Postby _non » Mon Jun 30, 9:43 pm

TrekknHil wrote:I am a pretty down and dirty, tell it like it is person BUT...the thought of someone asking the question about how a girl was shaved has just rubbed me the wrong way.

Keep that crap off this forum please.

Thanks

Yeah, you'd have at least thought they'd ask what she looked like first, no?

;)

Seriously though, misogyny isn't needed in a place like this, I agree.

_non

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Jul 01, 2:04 am

I really don't think anyone here hates women.

moe.

_non
power poster
power poster

Postby _non » Tue Jul 01, 2:19 am

moe. wrote:I really don't think anyone here hates women.

moe.

Not consciously, no.. but one needs to look at what is motivating their objectification of the divine into mere material gains.

This de-personalization can be argued as a form of dehumanization, and many would/could and do argue that to dehumanize is tantimount to (or bred from) hate.

Of course, no street is ever excusively one way*, and I do not pretend to know anybody here well enough to accuse them of liking, disliking, loving or hating anything. The definition of a speaker's intention isn't the issue though, but the subjective effect of the result as determined by those that perceive it.

I know many white people who can use the word nigger** and not mean for it to come across as racism on their part. Then again, to those in earshot (that are not aquainted with these people on the deeply personal level I am).. well.. reality can take different turns.

So, the moral of this story is that a public forums isn't the best place to say things that might be taken in the wrong light... save that for your close friends or private messages.

Then again. since I'm no moderator, take what I say with a grain of salt.. that's the beauty of a discussion board. ;)

_non

* - yesy yes, i know one way straats exist, but I liked the sound of the metaphore. =)

** - my use of this word, which is probably the largest socio-verbal more in american white culture today (in public, anyhow), is intended to be a commentary on the subject I speak. The irony of me using it, without disclaimer***, is quite intentional. The question really should be, is it excusable in this context or not? Am I black or white****? Should it even matter..

*** - yes, I know this is a disclaimer, so have I now invalidated the irony?

**** - neither, I'm an off hue of paisley green with purple trim - but we're all pink on the inside, right?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Jul 01, 5:46 am

Thanks for clearing that up, I guess that stuff goes over better in the RLD forum. So, I'll be looking for the shaving reply over there...just kidding!!!

moe.

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Calm down

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Tue Jul 01, 7:51 am

_non wrote:Not consciously, no.. but one needs to look at what is motivating their objectification of the divine into mere material gains.

What????

"Mere material gains?" "objectification of the divine?" I have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't think the comment was that offensive, considering that Banks was relating an incident where a friend of his, had her pubic area out in public (a public area ha!) (one assumes that's what he meant by 'naked as a jaybird' as opposed to just 'topless'.) For someone to ask for a further description of said pubic mound, is, well...lacking in tact; in my opinion, but it's basically up to Banks whether he wants to describe the muff in question or not.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”