Day One Trip and.......FALL report

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Day One Trip and.......FALL report

Postby dannymac » Sat Jun 28, 9:50 am

I write this sitting in the Pink Floyd Coffeeshop Crawl attempt. A believe a thread has been started on the coffeeshop board concerning the Crawl.

But.... back to that first night. In brief (because I'm running out of 2Euro time) met buckofive, LastHamlet, and BlueBerry at the OldStyle in the evening. Now I didn't sleep much at all on the flight or in the hotel even though they gave me the room early. On top of that I didn't eat either.
Anyway, we were commenting on the upcoming smoke out (friday Dampkring) and I mentioned I may have to change my avatar once more. Then I told BlueBerry I wasn't doing to well......
Next thing I know I'm being helped out to the terrace seating for some fresh air. I believe I was helped off the floor, but I don't remember that part.

'Nough said my time runs out...... more to come.

bros.
regular
regular

Postby bros. » Sat Jun 28, 10:17 am

Happens to the best of us. I remember investigating the table top in the Dreadrock at point blank range after some heavy smoke, and there was the time at the De Oude Kerk coffeeshop after a huge joint of Skunk ("we'll try your strongest stuff"), or the time we ate too much space cake before hitting the the Rijksmuseum, etc.

bros.

PS Waiting for those reports!

Bigfattudboker
power poster
power poster

Postby Bigfattudboker » Sat Jun 28, 11:48 am

bros. wrote:Happens to the best of us.

Yep, we all one time or another go that black place where you know you are there but you know you are not really there also.

patrick

yep

Postby patrick » Sat Jun 28, 1:12 pm

my wife and my two other travelling companions all went weak in the knees at the grasshopper one day, it was out first experiance with the grey mist crystals. i was okay but i did have to lay my head down on the table for a few minutes, my wife took the rest of the day to get over it.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat Jun 28, 4:46 pm

I've only kissed the floor once, and it was on some tincture I was given at a medical marijuana club here in CA. Just a few drops under my tongue and about a half hour later I got sweaty and dizzy...next thing I know, I'm admiring their hardwood floor. Nothing in A'dam has done that to me yet though.

moe.

Bon Bon Billy
super poster
super poster

Postby Bon Bon Billy » Sat Jun 28, 5:29 pm

Hey, we've all been close. I can remember taking a toke on a vaporizer bag in Haarlem (moonshine hashish and something Blueberry's Randy put in it) and telling myself that I must stop right now or it's light's out. I couldn't even finish the breath. I was certain the room wouldn't stop spinning. I managed to hold onto the table and after a little while, I could actually walk. However, I needed help finding the bus stop and more help pointing me in the right direction to catch the right bus.

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Sat Jun 28, 6:12 pm

Bon Bon Billy wrote:Hey, we've all been close. .

I haven't ever had that severe a reaction. But I'm gonna try my best to do so on my upcoming trip!

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Sun Jun 29, 4:32 pm

I haven't been that close either...no matter how hard I try!!!

I must redouble my efforts!!!

dobbs
power poster
power poster

Postby dobbs » Sun Jun 29, 5:44 pm

The closest I've come is a strange sensation (experienced both times in de Kuil--hmmm) that, although I was/am certain I was sitting perfectly still, random parts of my body felt like they were moving. Kind of like some type of weird pulsating, blobbing type sensation. I solved this by holding tightly to the edge of the table, sipping Coke, and knocking off the smoking for 1/2 an hour or so while asking my companions "Am I moving?" (they assured me I was not).

running wild
power poster
power poster

Postby running wild » Sun Jun 29, 9:18 pm

Yup had the old kick ya in the ass experience in Rusland last March. Had not smoked since the previous September. Rolled up a nice fat dobbie of Santa Maria and smoked almost all of it before it started to kick in. I did finish the dobbie and then I was zoning and going through hot flashes and sweats. Lasted about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. Then I came back. Was by myself and just trying to be cool and reading one of their dutch magazines. Yeah, each sentance about 10 times. Good thing I was drinking one of the fruit drinks. It was called a vitamin drink with kiwi fruit, bananas, strawberries and oj. Wow those kiwi seeds are quite the experience when stoned. All in all it was an awesome high and cann't wait to get there again. Now that I know that after about 1/2 hour one starts to come back down. Now if a person were drinking beer first and then got super stoned then I'm afraid there might be some barffing and other side effects. Like they say: weed before beer in the clear. Till the next and I hope to get some channelites together for a november coffeeshop crawl take care: running wild

titus wong
power poster
power poster

Postby titus wong » Sun Jun 29, 10:50 pm

dobbs wrote:I solved this by holding tightly to the edge of the table, sipping Coke, and knocking off the smoking for 1/2 an hour or so while asking my companions "Am I moving?" (they assured me I was not).

Funny.

Sounds like what happened to me in de Kuil (hmmm.......). After toking on a moonshine jay, I embarked on a marathon vaporizer session of Super Silver Haze/Phazer laced with Grey Mist Crystals. When I noticed that my eyeballs began tracking a figure eight pattern of their own accord, I decided to take a breather. That was followed by a brief but uncomfortable 10-15 mins. characterized by a white-knuckled grip on the edge of the table. I'm sure I turned various shades of green in the interim. Walking back to my hotel was a chore to say the least.

Nowadays, I must confess to a more leisurely approach to smoking. I'm not out to achieve any personal bests, but look forward to one or two protracted sessions in a day, with a few choice strains, lasting 2 to 3 hours apiece. Followed of course, by a nightcap before retiring. Makes for a happy camper.

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Mon Jun 30, 11:49 am

We were a little worried about you buddy. I guess that the combination of travel, lack of real food and quality sleep, the beer, and the buds all caught up with you at once. But it looks like you fought through it with flying colors.

Sorry I ended up missing the crawl. I had to got out to Arnhem to get more work on my tattoo done. This session had been rescheduled three times arleady, and I had to go otherwise I would miss it altogether.

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby dannymac » Mon Jun 30, 7:44 pm

buckofive wrote:We were a little worried about you buddy. I guess that the combination of travel, lack of real food and quality sleep, the beer, and the buds all caught up with you at once. But it looks like you fought through it with flying colors.

It's the first time I've ever passed out from the smoke. But it appears it happens to the best of us (or at least quite a few of the regulars here at Channels anyway).
Thanks for hangin' around while I regained my composure. I had no problem getting back to my hotel when we all left. I even walked on up towards Dam Sq. to catch my tram, stopping for some FEBO along the way.
buckofive wrote:Sorry I ended up missing the crawl. I had to got out to Arnhem to get more work on my tattoo done. This session had been rescheduled three times arleady, and I had to go otherwise I would miss it altogether.

You missed a great time. You'll have to catch the various message threads concerning our activities that day.

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Mon Jun 30, 8:05 pm

hehe

The same OD thing happened to me on arrival day once.

Combine arrival day with little sleep, jetlag, being all pumped up like a little kid about being in Amsterdam, and no meals since arrival, one Grosch beer and three good hits of Kali Mist.....

Well, it was a perfect Amsterdam summer early evening and I was sitting at an outdoor table right next to the canal in front of Rick's Cafe (across from Greenhouse) with Hebe. After my third hit, I started feeling nausous and started sweating like a horse.

Then I lost consciousness. Thank god for Hebe... who saved my sorry ass from literally falling into the canal.

Some coffee with tons of sugar, 45 minutes of recovery, then off we went for a delicious Argentine steak.

These days, I make it a point to always get a solid breakfast upon arrival and a half decent dinner. And watch my consumption of the sacred reefer. And I always carry my emergency kit at all times: several tubes of sugar in my pocket... the type they give you when you order a coffee. An OD from weed has got to be one of life's most unpleasant experiences.

I see it happen all the time in Amsterdam. Young folks do however seem to bounce back quite fast.

:-)

ScoobieSnack
power poster
power poster

Postby ScoobieSnack » Mon Jun 30, 8:25 pm

Happened to me this year in Vondel Park. The wife and I were smoking a Kali Mist J and all of a sudden I felt really really dizzy and nauseous, not good times. At least we were in the park where I could lay on the grass and eat some Black Licorice drops we had purchased earlier in the day for a friend of our back home,I hate black licorice, but it was the only sugar we had. I was fine after about 30-40 minutes. It was the first time it had ever happened to me,not a good feeling, but I bounced back ok for the night.

TrekknHil
super power poster
super power poster

Postby TrekknHil » Mon Jun 30, 8:59 pm

I wonder how much of it is actually the weed. I find myself physically exhausted at times. Walking and smoking...watch for the tram, bike, car (ding ding splat)...different food and water...I wonder how much all of this contributes to taking some of you down.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Mon Jun 30, 10:23 pm

[quote="dannymac"][quote="buckofive"] stopping for some FEBO along the way.
[quote="buckofive"] Did you stop there because you were already feeling poorly, because you figured you couldn't feel any worse, as a test of your recuperative abilitys or what?? LOL
Pax

dannymac
mega power poster
mega power poster

FEBO and another Dutch specialty

Postby dannymac » Tue Jul 01, 1:34 am

BOhannon wrote: Did you stop there because you were already feeling poorly, because you figured you couldn't feel any worse, as a test of your recuperative abilitys or what?? LOL
Pax

LOL....
I have fairly good recuperative abilities so I figured the FEBO couldn't hurt. I was being pumped with sugar water, cola, and candy while sitting in front of the Old Style. I felt like having something a bit different and FEBO is what it turned out to be.
I've eaten the stuff on previous trips anyway. Given a choice while in A'dam, I'd pick FEBO over an American counterpart anyway. When in Rome ya' know.
Hell, before joining everyone at the Dampkring on Friday(27th), I ordered up a serving of raw hering w/onions. I didn't think it tasted too bad at all. It's essentially just sushi - without the fancy presentation.

You want something challenging, try eating a black, brothy, bowl of snails
while sitting in the Medina in Fez, Morocco - and this only because the place serving baked sheep heads was closed.

Dogbreath wrote:Young folks do however seem to bounce back quite fast.

:-)

Hey, us older folks bounce back too. {:-)

I think all this anecdotal evidence does prove a point though - there is no lethal dosage of the herb. Just a dosage that can knock you out momentarily

oldhippyguy
power poster
power poster

The old days..

Postby oldhippyguy » Tue Jul 01, 3:18 pm

Way back in the early 1970's , when pounds of primo Columbian Gold..the real Santa Marta spicy buds..were $200. retail..thai sticks..the real ones, occasionally came around..a lot of guys were coming back from Nam'..We were for a number of years surrounded by the best ganja products available in the region. One day I'll never forget..at a party celebrating the successful conclusion of a large transaction my good buddy brought around a glass pipe and some oil. It was true honey oil..looked pure..clear and a middle amber..not dark..not light, but a real honey look..the smell was too exotic to categorize..My buddy held the pipe and went around giving tokes to eveyone. As he moved around the room , I noticed that it was gowing quieter where he had been..I took a couple of tokes..was starting to feel a rush, and then made the mistake..just after the 4th small toke..I started dry heaving and was miserable. Dizzy, sick feeling..awful. I have been blazing for 35 years almost daily..and can hold my own with ganja..but that honey oil will take you over the edge if not careful.. Three toke maximum!!! Peace!!from your oldhippy!!

dobbs
power poster
power poster

Postby dobbs » Wed Jul 02, 1:01 am

I recalled yesterday that when I was 18 I once did 3 bonghits of Hawaiian in a row (a friend just back from the Navy had it Fed Exed to him from his buddies back at the old base) and experienced a sudden projectile vomiting attack while watching the movie Caveman (featuring Ringo Starr). Of course I guess it could have been the movie...

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”