Getting into the city

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Priapos
super power poster
super power poster

Getting into the city

Postby Priapos » Wed Jul 12, 12:03 pm

I have lived in Amsterdam for only fewnf days. They speak English at My Hotel. I do not speak English well. In English they curse all the time. It is zo, in Amsterdamse. Ik hep GEEN NEDERLANDSE !!! i LOVE THE hOTEL sTAFF. tHE cONCIERGE sERVICE... rocks !!!

MEin Hotel, 'oot Greenhouse Effect. They speak proper English English. Even very young children. They swear all the time, and use 'oot for everything else. You will know the children easily. They get carded. Some children here speak eight languages. I met a man, yesterday. He saved me from danger, here in the very very (I don't) know nederlandse, only un poquito Amsterdammer. Do you speak english. no. I SPEAK AMERICAN, GEEN ENGLISH, GEEN HARD DRUGS
hALLO.

My hotel, ask for concierge service like loud tx a-hole got. ees ghoodt

I go to get tattoo, to day. I rite revue l8r,No tattoo. Ik hep geen het tattooen, alsjebleeft, your dank, meneer. Well, one tattoo. One old rotten shit tx tat.

Will you roll a joint for me, I ask my cousin, from Taos NM, who happens to act tao talot. Bye now.
Last edited by Priapos on Sun Aug 13, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Getting into the city

Postby oracle » Wed Jul 12, 1:11 pm

Priapos wrote:I have lived in Amsterdam for only fewnf days. They speak English at My Hotel. I do not speak English well. In English they curse all the time. It is zo, in Amsterdamse. Ik hep GEEN NEDERLANDSE !!! i LOVE THE hOTEL sTAFF. tHE cONCIERGE sERVICE... rocks !!!

MEin Hotel, 'oot Greenhouse Effect. They speak proper English English. Even very young children. They swear all the time, and use 'oot for everything else. You will know the children easily. They get carded. Some children here speak eight languages. I met a man, yesterday. He saved me from danger, here in the very very (I don't) know nederlandse, only un poquito Amsterdammer. Do you speak english. no. I SPEAK AMERICAN, GEEN ENGLISH, GEEN HARD DRUGS
hALLO.

My hotel, ask for concierge service like loud tx a-hole got. ees ghoodt

DETERMINED

I go to get tattoo, to day. I rite revue l8r,No tattoo. Ik hep geen het tattooen, alsjebleeft, your dank, meneer. Well, one tattoo. One old rotten shit tx tat.

Will you roll a joint for me, I ask my cousin, from Taos NM, who happens to act tao talot. Bye now.

Bloody Hell, Priapos, wot the fuc.... have you been smoking and can I have some......?

Best,

.oracle.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Wed Jul 12, 1:11 pm

fucking brilliant. keep writing this report.

Priapos
super power poster
super power poster

A Social Problem

Postby Priapos » Sun Aug 13, 5:16 pm

I went out looking for Grey Area, and sort of stumbled onto it just before noon. The door was closed, but the window was open, and I could see two people inside. I look in. "We'll open up in just a minute." I sit on the ledge and look around.

I spent a lot of time just looking around. Everything was so different there.

I wait, and eventually someone comes up and asks if the shop is open yet. I say, "Probably just a minute. I'm waiting." We chat for a bit, and then the shop opens. I'm first in line, but nothing on my list is on the menu, so I try the 4077-medicinal and something else. I also order coffee, which he starts to brew. I turn around to go sit down, and a line has appeared behind me, stretching out the door. Whoa! I take a seat, and proceed to roll a small one. When I finish, I return to the counter and claim my coffee. The line still stretches out the door.

I chat with the folks next to me, lend them my lighter and some papers. When I finish my coffee, things have calmed down, so I get a refill. At the counter, a customer has recieved a two or three gram joint. Seriously. Curl your fingers and you'll get an idea of the size of this monster. He's passing it around, so I ask if I can hit it, just to say I did. He graciously convinces me (and the budtendter) to take a couple of tokes.

Since there's still no line, I ask the 'tender if he knows a good tattoo shop. He looks in a guidebook, and offers a recommendation, writes the address on a filter paper. "This place is famous on the internets," I tell him. "Yeah, I've heard something like that," he replies. "Dag"

I bus my table, and stride away, more or less confidently, in search of (I think) 165c Haarleemerstraat. I get to the block, but the address is not quite right. I find 165, and go into the basement, up to a counter. An elderly gentleman asks, "Kann ik (help?) u?" He has no visible tatts.
"Sprecht u engels?" "A little." "I would like to get a tattoo."

"Is this a social problem?" My mind reels. Hmm... so many answers.
"World Tatoo, alstubleeft."
"Do you have a problem with this shop?" He starts to fill out a form.
"Oh. No. I'm looking for this address." I show him the paper.
"Ahh, you're looking for Haarleemerstraat. This is Haarleemerdijk."
"Sorry. I bet silly tourists make this kind of mistake all the time."
"Not just the tourists. In addition to ...straat and ...dijk there's Haarleemererstraat. The locals get confused about it, too."

"Is this a social problem?" I ask.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sun Aug 13, 6:14 pm

great stuff keep it coming mate!
you are a bit west of where you want to be.....just head towards pink floyd CS

this girl
power poster
power poster

Postby this girl » Sun Aug 13, 7:48 pm

noted. i want to get inked up over there too.

Priapos
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Priapos » Mon Aug 14, 12:00 am

I just pulled that number out of my ass. It might be correct, even, and the shop seemed nice enough. I didn't get inked. I think Sjop found me too scatterbrained... imagine that!

Bxboy56
just in
just in

Inked

Postby Bxboy56 » Mon Aug 14, 8:34 pm

I found a fantastic place on Zeedijk 58a, called Sakura Tattoo. A great artist, I think her name is Roseanna. I saw her the end of April. I plan on seeing her again when i return in September. I'm not sure if their website is up to date; www.sakuratattoo.com

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”