Almost Amsterdam

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Priapos
super power poster
super power poster

Almost Amsterdam

Postby Priapos » Sat Jul 08, 8:42 pm

I got to the local airport quite early. When I checked in, the dude said, I'm putting you on an earlier flight. It's running late, scheduled to leave here only 15 minutes before your flight had been scheduled. "Cool," I replied. I waited.
Then the announcement: TSA radar is down, Security will inspect every item by hand. I went to Security.
Wanda did her job very efficiently, under difficult circumstances. I had only carry-on, one maximum size and one man-purse.
Finally, at my new departure time, they announced my flight had left Houston. I checked, and found I would have 15 minutes to make the connection. The guy: "I wouldn't try it. I can put you on tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Hmm.. I can spend the night in Houston if I miss it (thanks Mom). I'll go for it."
Yeah, I can do this. For the next hour, I breathe, I prepare for the worst.
On my eventual first flight, I think positive. I know I can run from one end of HOU to the other. I have to, in fact run from the furthest possible gates. One end of terminal A to the other end of terminal E. I have done my cardio steadily for months, now. I feel good, feel strong. I'm wearing steel-toed boots and carrying a 40 lb pack. We land, 5 minutes before my intl. departure.
There's a bus, and getting luggage on the bus, which goes to terminal C, good, and the bus ride from hell, with driver She Good!
I run. Moving Sidewalks and Still People. 40 gates to go. 20. I walk. I trot. I stagger. I ask, at the gate, "Did I make it?" She calls.
Yes, you going to Amsterdam. You run, honey, shes closing the door now.
I run, whooping. I fly.

I breezed through Schipol, and took the train to Amsterdam CS and then easily walked to The Greenhouse Effect. A very nice young man at the bar looked puzzled when I told him my name and reservation. A British lady took my confirmation number and said that I hadnt made it into the system, but that she could put me in another room for the same price. So, for the last couple of nights, I get a twin room.

I walked down to Dam Square and bought groceries at the Albert Heijn. For about 20 Euros, I got bread, water, beer, garlic mayo, liverwurst and a couple of slices of pickled veggies in aspic. Het habst de smakelijk. I think.

Yesterday, I wandered around and looked at stuff. My schedule exists now only as a guide to what I can do if theres nothing else pressing happening. I walked and walked, looking at buildings and noticing things I had mapped in my preparations.

At five I met a fellow in Rotterdam. We walked around the city center and talked. I think I was a little too intense for him.

That night, I went to a bar which plays Frank Zappa because I needed some weird but familar music. I relaxed, and tried to process the energy of the day.

Saturday, today, I had planned to go to the beach, until I woke up at 2:30pm& I went to the bar and had lots of coffee, then went to the spa and had a steambath and an hour massage.

More on all this, later.

Chooby
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Chooby » Sat Jul 08, 10:38 pm

Nice!

Sawhiskey
super poster
super poster

Postby Sawhiskey » Sun Jul 09, 2:56 am

very good

im happy to see you made the flight, i think i was the one of the first peope on the plane when i went lol. but keep the stories coming....

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Sun Jul 09, 6:52 am

sweet, very sweet!
big up, P!
awaiting next installment with glee!

s:.

this girl
power poster
power poster

Postby this girl » Sun Jul 09, 12:43 pm

me too. where do you go for a steam bath and massage? i could go for that!

Priapos
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Priapos » Tue Jul 11, 9:55 am

www.saunadeco.nl

Yes, it is that beautiful. The massage was from a guy with 20 jaar experience, 14 at that location.

I think something is wrong with me. I smoked one hit the first day, and got higher than I ever have in my life. Now, I'm putting away a quarter gram vapo bag with coffee, and then rolling a hash/tobacco joint the size of my thumb for the walk to the next shop.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”