Best shop for early arrival

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

montshire
just in
just in

Best shop for early arrival

Postby montshire » Wed Jun 07, 4:52 pm

Arrive in the 'Dam next week on an early flight. Of the shops that open early

Coffeeshop Central 7am
The Coin 7am
The Grasshopper 7 or 8am
Picasso 8am
Barney's 7am

which should I go to?

What should I buy?

Can't find info on the Coin, or even where it is located.

Philter
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Philter » Wed Jun 07, 6:45 pm

Not the Grasshopper. Depends on if you are an 'experienced' smoker. prob. Barneys.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Wed Jun 07, 6:49 pm

Well, you could have a breakfast at Barney's first, then trot on up to Picasso. Eat slowly, as Picasso is not that persistant on keeping up with the 8:00 AM schedule. Not throwing stones, cause Picasso is grand, but 8AM is more like 8 to 9 ish, at least on my last trip anyhow. I see one of the Siberie's Barkeeps in Picasso, seemingly every other time I go there, so it must be highly rated with the Dutch as well.
Have a Grand Early Morning,
LH

Otis
super power poster
super power poster
Location: Recovering from years of racing sailboats on SF Bay

Postby Otis » Wed Jun 07, 6:54 pm

Keep an open plan, depending on your mood?

If you wanna smoke right away, go to the closest coffeeship: Central. I read lots of good things about it but only go if I'm in the area.

For a tourist hangout and to pay a little excess, Grasshopper has a nice view and deck, but I don't normally buy gear there.

Picasso I like, it's a good smokers hangout, try the Poison, and they have some sort of free breakfast deal. Good weed, usually, for the serious smokers.

Barneys, if I wanted crowded, hot, popular, generally lousy service and "iffy" food, but sometimes some great Bud, would be a stop with lots flavor.

What about Pink Floyd? Not sure when they open, but when they do, they have nice food, good weed, and a great view out that big window upstairs. Lots of room and good air.

Otis

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby LastHamlet » Wed Jun 07, 7:19 pm

Otis wrote:Keep an open plan, depending on your mood?

If you wanna smoke right away, go to the closest coffeeship: Central. I read lots of good things about it but only go if I'm in the area.

For a tourist hangout and to pay a little excess, Grasshopper has a nice view and deck, but I don't normally buy gear there.

Picasso I like, it's a good smokers hangout, try the Poison, and they have some sort of free breakfast deal. Good weed, usually, for the serious smokers.

Barneys, if I wanted crowded, hot, popular, generally lousy service and "iffy" food, but sometimes some great Bud, would be a stop with lots flavor.

What about Pink Floyd? Not sure when they open, but when they do, they have nice food, good weed, and a great view out that big window upstairs. Lots of room and good air.

Otis

That's a lot better than what I had!!
Scratch my idea, Otis has a much better plan.

DavidPNutt
just in
just in

Postby DavidPNutt » Wed Jun 07, 7:21 pm

I too am arriving on an early flight on 6/16. I plan on hitting up either Central and then dropping off my bags at the Hotel or going straight to Barney's for a good breakfast and toke. Picasso is also good.

I would really avoid the grasshopper and I don't know that much about the coin.

montshire
just in
just in

Postby montshire » Thu Jun 08, 12:27 am

Appreciate the replys.

Think I'll turn right out of the station and head up Haarlemmerstraat . Stop in Picasso, if it's open, and if not head up to Barney's.

Looks like Pink Floyd opens not befor 9 but I'll look in to be sure it's closed.

Haven't decided whether to put luggage in a locker in Central or just roll it along.

Like to check in to hotel first but probably too early.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Thu Jun 08, 5:16 am

If arriving to AMS Centraal....by all means......Central CS.....get the Afghan Hasj, never...ever, disappoints

johnyjoe
super power poster
super power poster

Postby johnyjoe » Thu Jun 08, 9:23 am

Central is my choice ...I had the Jack Herrer in April was real nice...the bio-skunk is tastey too...

Great drinks, and it is a perfect place to see the hustle and bustle of the morning rush hour....not sure about food items, never checked....

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”