Continental Hotel (Damrak) - Rodent Ridden Hellhole.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Tall Guy
super poster
super poster

Continental Hotel (Damrak) - Rodent Ridden Hellhole.

Postby Tall Guy » Fri May 19, 2:42 pm

Just to warn you all - I stayed here in February and had a severe mouse infestation in my room. I woke up from a white widow-induced coma to find my bin rustling, and when I turned on the light about 5 mice ran out of the bin!

They eventually moved me to another room which also had at least one of the little buggers. They wouldn't refund me a cent despite being fully aware of the problem - I know a lot of places have mice in old buildings, but these people need a hungry cat installed, pronto.

easyschipol
just in
just in

Mouse

Postby easyschipol » Mon May 22, 7:08 pm

Just a thought ' Was it a little mouse with clogs on.. ' Thanks for the tip off i will make sure all my mates avoid this hotel.
Cheers.

mint fresh Julian
power poster
power poster

Re: Continental Hotel (Damrak) - Rodent Ridden Hellhole.

Postby mint fresh Julian » Mon Jun 12, 10:46 pm

Tall Guy wrote:Just to warn you all - I stayed here in February and had a severe mouse infestation in my room. I woke up from a white widow-induced coma to find my bin rustling, and when I turned on the light about 5 mice ran out of the bin!

They eventually moved me to another room which also had at least one of the little buggers. They wouldn't refund me a cent despite being fully aware of the problem - I know a lot of places have mice in old buildings, but these people need a hungry cat installed, pronto.

Be sure to post your experience on the Channels review page!!

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Tue Jun 13, 6:46 pm

talking with the manager of the Abba Hotel one morning.....he says they actually have a cat that they loan out to guests who experience mice in their room.....I didn't see any though...(I don't think)...

mint fresh Julian
power poster
power poster

Re: Mouse

Postby mint fresh Julian » Wed Jun 14, 7:30 am

easyschipol wrote:Just a thought ' Was it a little mouse with clogs on.. ' Thanks for the tip off i will make sure all my mates avoid this hotel.
Cheers.

'...to my desire, going clip, clippety-clop on the stair'. MAGIC! I'd had forgotten about that song! I am off to A'dam in three hours and I can just see I'll be singing that all the way over and indeed through my stay!

Thanks, Easy-S

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Wed Jun 14, 8:04 am

boneymaroni wrote:talking with the manager of the Abba Hotel one morning.....he says they actually have a cat that they loan out to guests who experience mice in their room.....I didn't see any though...(I don't think)...

You didn't see any? Mice or guests?

:-)

this girl
power poster
power poster

Postby this girl » Wed Jun 14, 4:06 pm

and just to add to this comment....the walls are paper thin, so you hear everything from your neighbours room, depending how close they are. i was up till 4am listening to some scousers playing thier rave music.
i couldnt fault the guy at reception though, who was extremley helpful, letting me use the phone for free when i needed to in an emergency.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”