Time it was...2006

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Birdman

Time it was...2006

Postby Birdman » Fri Apr 28, 2:27 pm

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you. - Paul Simon 1968

Well this trip began with much disappointment -Bohannon couldn't go, my friend Bambam got a job and backed out and Felix was unable to attend due to some work screw up - and I always feel sad leaving a place be it for Amsterdam or New York and the so excitement of the whole thing didn't really hit me until I landed at Schiphol.

It was like clock work: I walked up to the passport control whereupon the EU Only passport line immediately changed to All Passports and I breezed through, I then relieved myself, went to the phone where I used my phone card to call MHD and tell him I arrived, I then used the Euro coins I had to buy a train ticket to CS, I then used an ATM and got most of the cash I would need for the trip and once done with that I went to the baggage claim where my bag had just come out, I then walked to the train which was waiting for me with doors open, then out of CS where MHD was standing five feet away. Clockwork.

We marched down to Pink Floyd's where the gang was - Blueberry (who looked marvelous with blonde hair), Trek, OHD, and Viking. I got nicely stoned having not smoked for four days and then hoofed it to the TAK's houseboat.

I will mention that this trip was particularly great because so many of us had cell phones (TAK's houseboat comes with two phones!).

I called OHD who had met up with Otis and we went to deKuil for some vapo bags. I knew I was supposed to meet Bollocks at the boat but I wasn't sure when so I biked back there to find him waiting and not too happy. Oh well. He searched for D3Kings stash as did I but we weren't able to find it. I found it later and I left some goodies there for the next Channelite when I left!

He took off and BB and I rode to Dampkring and NES Cafe and then to the meet-up at 420 at 4:20!

What a turn out! Man, I know I will miss someone but there was BB, me , Bols, Boney, Chichi, Purperen, Bigbird, Viking Trek, MHD, Otis, OHD, Caminoreal, meggybaby, theguest and others. It was great to see everyone!

Im not sure what happened next but I came back to the boat about midnight with Bols blasting and singing Pearl Jam. We hung out and played a thrilling game of cribbage before crashing.

MHD woke me up the next morning with a fattie and I made raisin bread French toast and we biked of to (chat) Bear's and then to his boat where we took a nice cruise down to Ouderkerk. Then MHD and I were off to Amnesia for the vapo party. Boney was there in his whitey-helmet which really became him (I left it on the boat). We then biked through Vondelpark and then home

On Saturday MHD woke me up with a fattie, Bols got up and I made him an apple pannenkoeken which turned into an apple pandowdy but it was mighty tasty especially with that maple syrup left for us by Hobie (THANKS!) Bols went back to bed and I sat at the computer waiting to see who would pop online and low and behold there's JerkyPete! We met up at PF and then BB at the boat where I made her a BB pannekoeken and then we biked to deKuil where we ate more food at the bakery across from it, then we biked to Old Church and then BB and I rode the rollercoaster in Dam square. We then went to Soup Kitchen which is highly recommended then to Dolphins then home.

Sunday was the Chigusa meet-up and he is a great guy. A biker as well which is good to see! I am very happy that more and more Channelites are renting bikes! I then rode to Dam Square with BB so she could get a hot dog and we were planning on going to Haarlem that day and I said, "Fug it!" and biked to Haarlem myself for some exercise. Of course once I was past the cant-turn-back point it started to rain but I still made it in an hour and cruised into Indica to find Viking and Trek. We went to the Theehuis and Wilma and Albert's where we found BB. We had a nice dinner and then BB and I went to Sinsemilla where we hung with Marcel for a bit and then I rode back to AMS and went to Old Church.

Monday MHD woke me up with a fattie and I made pannekoeken. Not sure what transpired that day, except for lots of smoking. BB and I went o JJk4h's apt which was styling. I forget the Citymundo # but I highly recommend this place! Oh and we went to de Bijenkorf. Viking and Bigbird had left so the sadness was beginning to creep in.

Tuesday MHD took off for his mystery guest and I hung out with Bols and went to the Pollinator Company and got some coca leaves (better to have an espresso). We met Jeanbean at Stix and then off to Rookies where I hung out late and said my goodbyes to BB (more sadness).

Wednesday Bols left (more sadness) and I met up with JP and OHD and Otis and Kees for breakfast. OHD and I hoofed it to the Waterlooplein market. Great deals! This was my ghost day. I spent a lot of it alone and everywhere I went I thought of some previous trip and who I was with and what I was doing. I saw FlybyNite sitting at Bluebird, I saw BB riding her bike, I saw my first wife and I walking along on one of my first trips, I saw absent friends everywhere - a real melancholia. I rode back to the boat and sat at the computer waiting and Beer was online! It was great seeing him, he is a good cat. Amsterdam is losing a great guy and I hope just because he moves to Ireland he keeps posting on Channels!

Thursday was my leaving date. I scheduled a meet-up at PF and what a meet-up! It was so good to see such new blood in Amsterdam -Illictricity, Skyhigh, Koopa - there were about 15 - 20 of us, it was one of the best meet-ups of the trip. After much smoking I said my goodbyes and headed for the train. I sat and watched as it pulled out of the station. There were trains blocking my view of AMS but I was able to get one last glance down the Prinsengracht and as we rode by.

I will say that I never have spent less money on weed in AMS then this week. Thanks to all who smoked me up! It was great being there with you!

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Fri Apr 28, 5:34 pm

I love you, man:)
It was great hanging with you!
Let's do it again real soon.

yardape
power poster
power poster

trip

Postby yardape » Fri Apr 28, 8:49 pm

Hey Birdie, great report man. I sure wish I could have been there with all you fine people. sounds like a lot of the same people who were there when i went last April.
Glad you made it back Ok and l look forward to toking with you in July.
Yardape

Sawhiskey
super poster
super poster

Postby Sawhiskey » Fri Apr 28, 10:16 pm

sounds good when i go next time i think imma rent a house boat manly for the kitchen. The food at restuarants is alot but Albert Heijn seems to be cheaper. I dunno...

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Re: trip

Postby FlyByNite » Fri Apr 28, 10:57 pm

yardape wrote:Hey Birdie, great report man. I sure wish I could have been there with all you fine people. sounds like a lot of the same people who were there when i went last April.
Glad you made it back Ok and l look forward to toking with you in July.
Yardape

Give me your dates in July and I'll list you on the July page.

http://192.148.252.25/~reatta/WhosInTown/InTown.htm

Enjoy
FlyByNite

d3kings
super poster
super poster

Postby d3kings » Sat Apr 29, 4:23 am

Great report Birdie, thanks for sharing. Will have to catch up with you on the other side of the pond for a change.... soon! :)

d3

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Sat Apr 29, 7:21 am

wow, nice report...
(the opening quote is one of my faves.)
a somber, but lively piece.
i laughed, i cried...

thanx for postin'

s:.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Time it was...2006

Postby MileHighDenver » Sat Apr 29, 7:32 am

Birdman wrote:MHD woke me up with a fattie

you're makin that part up, LOL...

Nice report birddude. Always a pleasure to spend time with you. See you in the fall.

jerkypete49
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby jerkypete49 » Sat Apr 29, 3:46 pm

Good times
Good times
Good times :-D

It was a distinct pleasure to meet up with you finally, Birddude.
You are a good guy & swell company. Just a lot of fun. I'm glad I didn't spill anything on you. :-)
What did you do with those wooden tulips?
Oh yeah, Thanks for the cribbage lesson. :-)

I'll be ssein ya aorund.

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hobie » Sat Apr 29, 5:07 pm

Well Done , Birdman ... and Others . Well Done . No Post Amsterdam Depression " PAD " ? We will all Return . As for Me its November .

Otis
super power poster
super power poster
Location: Recovering from years of racing sailboats on SF Bay

Postby Otis » Sat Apr 29, 5:59 pm

Bad PAD but I'm resting up for the next trip. Had a blast, remember some details including Bollocks falling down off his chair, and OHD proclaiming that "Wok to Walk" is the best food there...funny stories.

I'll post something next week about the trip. But it was great.

Otis

skyhigh420
super poster
super poster

Postby skyhigh420 » Sun Apr 30, 11:13 am

had a blast man, great to see you.

felix
power poster
power poster

sigh

Postby felix » Tue May 02, 8:00 pm

The only excuse I have about why I had to re-schedule my trip is pure excitement prepping for my 2nd trip and never thought to look at available dates on our vacation calendar at work. I LOVE WORK!! And God, what I wouldnt have given to be there that week as the last week of the month at my job is HELL! Sorry I missed ya Bird. Next year man, next year I swear.

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Mon May 08, 8:38 pm

had fun meeting you at pink floyd thursday the 27th birdman!

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon May 08, 9:11 pm

Yeah man, to think I began and ended my trip at Pink Floyd, same room and all. I love that place! Hope to see you gain everyone somewhere.

Purperen
super poster
super poster

Postby Purperen » Tue May 09, 10:19 am

It was great meeting you, and everybody else, at the big meet-up Birdman. Pity we didn't get more time to chat but there's always next year.

bigbird
super poster
super poster

Postby bigbird » Wed May 17, 8:00 am

Hey Purperen.Thanks for the company watching football.Ah watching sports while partaking of some fine cannabis.

johnyjoe
super power poster
super power poster

Postby johnyjoe » Thu May 18, 9:45 am

Koopa!! Birdman!!

Great meet at Pink FLoyds.....Looking forward to hanging with you some more next year!!

Already making plans....

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

My Bad

Postby LastHamlet » Tue Jun 06, 3:18 pm

I hate to be so late on a reading a report, especially one I have been trying to read for 2-months now. Dam, Life is way too busy!!!
Awesome Report, Birdman. From the opening quote, to the finishing line, a real sweet masterpeice.
Of course, like others, it is hard to believe MHD woke you up smokin a J,,, LOL... What a Guy!!! AND, what a way to wake up :-)
I really hate I missed this year :-(
All The Best,
LH

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Mon Jun 26, 2:18 am

johnny joe it was nice to see you again this year as well! it was too funny because we met in 05 at the hipforums meetup and then we met this year again but i didn't connect you to your handle on channels in 05' :)

so birdman whats up with a meetup.....still in planning or scrapped?

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Mon Jun 26, 6:45 pm

Nice one, Birdman....what a trip.......did you try the Umma Gumma hash?

On my last visit, it seemd rather stale and very dry...not the good quality it used to be....maybe a bad batch.

Best,

.oracle.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”