netherlands trip,5/9-5/18.any advice or tips.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

long time lurker
just in
just in

netherlands trip,5/9-5/18.any advice or tips.

Postby long time lurker » Thu Apr 27, 1:45 am

high there good people of channels!long time lurker,first time poster.my g'friend and i will be traveling to the netherlands next month.we have been to ams.together once before(11/03)and i have been there twice before that('95and'01).we love the city but this time we are staying out of ams. this time.we are spending 3days each in rotterdam,groningen,and zandvoort.does anyone out there have any advice abt the coffeesop scenes in those cities?most of the info on theweb seems to be3-4yrs old,some fresh news would be appreciated.
i'm thinking abt not staying in rotterdam(from what i've read this is a slick,cosmopolitan city full of postWWII architecture)not our cup of tea.perhaps delft or gouda instead?thx in advance for any help and i'll let you know how our trip went.ltl.

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Postby FlyByNite » Thu Apr 27, 2:04 am

I have grabbed your dates for my Whos In Town page.

http://192.148.252.25/~reatta/WhosInTown/InTown.htm

Yanks

http://www.yanks.nl/

is a coffeeshop in Zandfort.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

sdshadow
super power poster
super power poster

Postby sdshadow » Thu Apr 27, 2:38 am

Delft is a fine city and the Future and Game coffeeshops were nice when I was there. Delft reminds me of a mini-amsterdam with the canals, bridges and such.

Zandvoort has a place called Yanks that took us an hour of walking in circles to finally find. I did not care much for the coffeeshop, I don't like to be buzzed in through a turnstyle and their selection blew, but smoking in the smoker friendly bar next door was a good time when I did it last April.

Rotterdam is mostly post-war construction. I would recommend seeing the flood gates for a peice if engineering marvel but other than that, I would stay in Amsterdam or even Haarlem instead. You could spend days walking around and exploring Haarlem and the Willie Wortel shops are top shelf.

Haven't been to Gouda. Maybe it is just me but most of the little towns I have been to all seem to have the same Febo, Xenos, Blokker, Etos high- street thing going on. After you see it, try exploring away from the town center a bit. I have found some unexpected places by walking and not knowing where I was going in a small Dutch town.

long time lurker
just in
just in

Postby long time lurker » Fri Apr 28, 2:51 pm

thx for the info and help flybynight and sdshadow.
good news,i was able to talk my g'friend into staying in delft and not rotterdam(r'dam looks like a short train ride away,so an easy day trip)!
c'mon any other channelites out there w/ netherlands experience beside amsterdam?whats the cannabis scene like outside of noord holland?how's the quality andprices?are the coffeeshops in other provinces more hospitable,or are we all just tourists throwing our euros at the dutch?

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”