please help if you can! girlie question

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

longshot

please help if you can! girlie question

Postby longshot » Thu Apr 06, 3:06 pm

Hi there,
I know this is a long shot and I'm setting myself up for a lot of flack but my friend and I are off to Amsterdam on Monday for 5 nights. This will be my 7th trip (my first without my husband!) and my friends first. I wonder of any of you ladies (or some of the more unusual male posters) know of anywhere good we can go for beauty treatments (facials, manicures etc). also if you know of any wedding dress shops near centrum so we can browse. Ukbaglady- you're always a mine of info, can you help us out on this one please? I love this site (except all the rows!) and have been lurking here for about a year now

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Thu Apr 06, 3:18 pm

martin6661
power poster
power poster

Postby martin6661 » Thu Apr 06, 3:31 pm

Hi Longshot there are quite a few place around Housewives On Fire is one it is near the Manga Plazza but I cannot remember the exact location UK bag lady will know of many places check out her web site lots of great stuff there !

longshot

Postby longshot » Thu Apr 06, 4:16 pm

Thanks guys, will give them the once over when we get in. Any recommendations for a cs that 2 mid 30's ladies will enjoy, I usually buy from Tweedy (by vondelpark), Blue Velvet and Johnny but we tend not to hang out in CS's as my other half is not really much of a smoker. My friend and I however, are both seasoned smokers, we met and bonded in college smoking some really bad homegrown. We're not too fussed about a huge variety of strains, more interested in finding a place to chill out at night without getting hassle from RLD rejects. Any suggestions appreciated

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Thu Apr 06, 4:17 pm

420/De Kuil Link will see you right!!

...Boner...

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: please help if you can! girlie question

Postby uk*bag*lady » Thu Apr 06, 4:43 pm

longshot wrote:Hi there,
Ukbaglady- you're always a mine of info, can you help us out on this one please? I love this site (except all the rows!) and have been lurking here for about a year now

Do you know I have never ever noticed a bridal shop in Amsterdam but then I don't remember ever looking for one! I imagine that both V & D and the Bijenkorf both have a bridal department though ~ and there are probably shops down on PC Hooftstraat too

Theres a beauty salon just off Dam

http://www.21stcenturyvillage.com/amsterdam_beauty.html

Hope this helps

:-)

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 06, 5:08 pm

Thanks again to all, ukbaglady FYI I clicked onto your site link in your profile and the links are not working! ....but maybe its this 'puter. I 'll do a report after Easter and let you know how we get on with the beauticians, I wonder if they can do anything for bloodshot eyes.........

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 06, 5:25 pm

"I wonder if they can do anything for bloodshot eyes........."

Bring visine, I could not find any there. They do
sell "oog drooples" (eye drops) but it's more of a
moisturizer and dosent get the red out.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Thu Apr 06, 6:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:Thanks again to all, ukbaglady FYI I clicked onto your site link in your profile and the links are not working! ....but maybe its this 'puter. I 'll do a report after Easter and let you know how we get on with the beauticians, I wonder if they can do anything for bloodshot eyes.........

Which site isn't working, mine or FBN's ?

Had no other probs reported

longshot

Postby longshot » Fri Apr 07, 10:40 am

Sorry ukbaglady, it was my elderly 'puter, it doesnt like links! I used my colleagues and it was fine, loads of info there- love the shopping section!

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Fri Apr 07, 2:27 pm

longshot wrote:Sorry ukbaglady, it was my elderly 'puter, it doesnt like links! I used my colleagues and it was fine, loads of info there- love the shopping section!

Lol. Me too!

Thank you

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: please help if you can! girlie question

Postby uk*bag*lady » Fri Apr 07, 3:24 pm

longshot wrote:Hi there,
if you know of any wedding dress shops near centrum so we can browse.

www.idoido.nl www.nanni.nl www.jujuus.nl www.alice-susanne.nl

koopa
super power poster
super power poster

Postby koopa » Sun Apr 09, 5:47 pm

from what i've seen the south east district of amsterdam has the more upscale fashion shops. I think you would do much better shopping for something like a wedding dress there, rather than in the centrum.

Good Luck!

longshot
new
new

Postby longshot » Tue Apr 25, 1:43 pm

Hi everybody,
Well we had a ball, so much so we never even got to look for a wedding dress. we stayed at le coin and laughed when we arrived to see a hairdressers/manicurist right next door! Room was huge, no view but lovely and airy and we stocked up on coffee straight away and our first CS was the Dolphins where my friend got some Afghan black ( she likes hasj) and i cant remember the names of the weed I bought but I always asked the dealer for a gram of the most popular. Back to hotel for quick change/smoke then onto de kuil (thanks boner) where we had a great time except for the older gentleman who insisted on loudly telling his friend (the whole place) about his new book deal. Still, he amused us for a short while.
On to Heineken Music hall where morrissey was great (his first ever solo gig in A/dam and my friends first ever gig where she could smoke in peace) and then back to hotel after a feast at bojo's. so stuffed we couldnt sleep so we sat up smoking for a few hours. Next day was shopping, the whole length of Kalverstraat was perused and my feet were killing me so we ended up in Dampkring where we bought some more smoke ( i remember NYC dielsel as it was my favourite of the trip)and were treated to coffee on the house.Third day in Rembrandts house was great (I'd been before but it was a couple of years back) but the 40 minute queue wasnt so we dropped into Bluebird where we again bought H and weed.
After a trip to anne Franks house and a glance at the huge queue we postponed our visit and headed to tertulia instead- what a lovely girlie CS! we spent at least 2 hours here then grabbed the 14 back to hotel. we ate in a not so great italian that night. Fourth day in Van gogh and into Tweedy for a quick smoke, we were starting to flag at this stage, all that freedom had gone to our heads and we were waking up stoned, walking around stoned and going to bed stoned whilst trying not to appear so when phoning home!
Our last full day we did the rijksmuseum and had lunch in the cobra- good spot for lunch but a bit expensive. walked down the kashmir lounge (good smoke but not a place to linger for lone ladies as it was full of men and a wee bit intimidating)More shopping for gifts- tulip bulbs, bonsai seeds, in the floating flower market and with the amount of weed and hasj left over we decided to crack open a bottle of wine in our room after dinner and a quick trip to Rookies on muntplein and we smoked what was left of our brains out.
Our flight was at 12 next day so we were up and gone by 10 sadly looking out the windows at the city as we left. It was my friends first time and she liked the city, but not as much as I do- I think she was at a bit of a loss without her partner and children so I ended up feeling I was babysitting much of the time. Cant understand that, I love my husband very much but I love my independance just as much. Another (male) pal who was there for a couple days at the same time for his first time really fell in love with the place and is already making plans to return/dreaming about living there (he aint going anywhere without me).
Back home at the airport I realised I love sharing amsterdam with my husband, even though he's not a big smoker and I am, I think it makes all the difference when you're there with a fellow fan and you dont have to explain/defend the RLD, laid-back service and the cold wind (yes she complained about the wind, I gave up at that point, sat down and skinned up the biggest doobie of the trip before I exploded).
Still you really get to know people when you travel with them(I've known the woman for about 12 years) and at least I know now to tell her to find another companion for that big 40th birthday trip to india she's planning. If my credit card wasn't maxed out I'd be booking a remedial trip with my husband right away. Maybe September! thanks again folks for all your help, this site really helped with the planning and especially the CS's we tried. As I said i cant remember the names of all the weed I smoked so next time I'm going to write it down like all good channelites do.

shlo

Postby shlo » Tue Apr 25, 6:44 pm

lol! rotflmfao!

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Tue Apr 25, 6:45 pm

sounds like you had a great time, longshot. nice to read about it, thanks.

muckypup
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby muckypup » Tue Apr 25, 9:43 pm

martin6661 wrote:Hi Longshot there are quite a few place around Housewives On Fire is one it is near the Manga Plazza but I cannot remember the exact location

Yeah yeah, Marty. We believe you. You've never been in Housewives on Fire in your life, have you? You've never popped in there for a new frock before dancing round town insisting everyone calls you 'Martina', have you?

Like fuck. Tranny.

shantiman
power poster
power poster

Postby shantiman » Wed Apr 26, 9:20 am

haha!

Good report from a different perspective than normal!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”