anyone still in town???

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Progress

anyone still in town???

Postby Progress » Thu Jun 05, 3:50 pm

im going to be in town until monday, my counterpart departed this morning and now i am left with nothing but time. taking in the sights and all, but it'd be nice to chat it up with a channellite over a smoke.

so if you';re still in town and you're down for a meeting just reply to this, name the time and place and i'll try my best to be there..
later

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Thu Jun 05, 7:38 pm

How about joining me, cbs77, and a couple of his other friend on Saturday afternoon at the Kadinsky Cafe. It is the location with the bar on the Zoutsteeg, just a bit north of Dam Square in between the Damrak and the Niuewendijk.

We will just be hanging out and chilling with a smoke and an adult beverage. You are more than welcome to join the fun.

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Fri Jun 06, 3:34 pm

I'm afraid I'm only there in spirit still. Ugh...coming back was hell. Now I've been bogged down with all the work that built up while I was gone. Of course noone bothered to pick up some of the slack in my inbox like I do when they're on vacation.

I'll have to finish off my final report later today or tomorrow.

Be sure to drop me a line if you ever head down to Chicago when you get back Progress. We can check out all the coffeeshops here and stump them asking for NYC Diesel and Coffee Verkeerd.

Progress

Postby Progress » Fri Jun 06, 8:22 pm

buckofive....please grab me when you see me come in there around 2pm..i am the young looking guy with a hemp neclace probably getting carded at the bar.
later

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Sat Jun 07, 5:41 am

Yeah I think he can definately qualify to be the expert on what places check IDs in Amsterdam. I wondered why I never got carded till I realized I was like ancient already.

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Sat Jun 07, 3:23 pm

Progress, sorry I didn't see your post until 2:45 today. I was at the Kadinsky at 3 and I guess I must have missed you. I did introduce myself to another young guy thinking that it was you. I guess that I just ended up looking slightly silly when it wasn't.

Anyway, I realize that in my previous post that I forgot to mention that cbs77 and I were meeting up at 6:00 tonight. I plan on heading back there, so if you get this message in time I hope to see you there. I'll have a brew and a spliff for ready as atonement for missing you earlier.

Cheers!

~buckofive

capecodguy
power poster
power poster

sunday meetings??

Postby capecodguy » Sun Jun 08, 12:04 pm

rain has stopped for a while...anyone up for meeting on Sunday the 8th?? Im hanging out at beety boop checking mail and posting..let me know

Progress

Postby Progress » Mon Jun 09, 6:04 pm

man i got caught up on the south side of town and i couldnt make it up there in time...we will cross paths again in the future im sure.

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Tue Jun 10, 11:17 am

No worries, it was really no problem to make it down to the Kadinsky. I ended up meeting cbs77 and his buddies there later in the day. He was running a bit late as they had some problems finding a hotel for the evening. But he more than made up for being late by bringing some great brunoost from Norway. We all ended up getting really stoned off the prerolled reefers and then we split rather early.

Perhaps we will meet next time you are around.

Cheers!

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Jun 10, 5:11 pm

What is "brunoost"?

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Wed Jun 11, 3:20 pm

Brunoost is a brown goats cheese that is particular to Norway and a few parts of Sweden. It is usually served with breakfast and has a slightly sweet taste to it. It is very high in iron; and I believe that the numeric designators with the name have to deal with the iron content. My Norwegian friend who introduced me to it thought it was quite unusual to meet someone from outside the country who actually likes it, as it is defnitiely an acquired taste. But I really liked it and had a hankering for more if it until cbs77 brought me some Gudbrandsdalsost G35.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”