Oh yeah, Friday.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Oh yeah, Friday.

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Nov 07, 12:54 am

When I started this report Friday our second day in Holland was a blur. Now that I have remembered some of it, I thought I would put it done. Because we arrived a day late, it really screwed up our schedule as the second day was supposed to be a free day. But our second day was Friday and bigbird had got us tickets to Bob Dylan in Rotterdam and I had planned a walking tour with Dutchie starting at 9am. Liteyouup and I were the only ones to make it out of the apartment the next morning. We walked across the RLD and the Damrak, past the 420 Cafe toward what I thought was the tower of the Nieuw Kirk where we were to meet Dutchie at 9am. We ended up two blocks away from our destination. Man there are a lot of church towers in Amsterdam. I figured out my mistake and by 9:20am we were standing in the at the doorway of the Nieuw Kirk. I later read a pm from Dutchie that he had waited until 9:18am for us. Sorry Dutchie. Liteyouup and I took advantage of the missed appointment and decided to take on the dreaded "Barneys" for breakfast. Dang it, we got a great breakfast in good time with good service from a friendly staff. We just figured maybe we were in the wrong Barneys or something. We bought a little Amnesia Haze there and smoked it along with our omelets and toast. It was a very decent experience all around. I did notice that the one on the corner had no one in it and when I asked why, I was told the stove was broken. Hummm?
We walked back to the apartment and the other guys were up and around and ready to go do some stuff. So we went and did some stuff. Rode the tram to Leidseplein, ate some lunch, popped into Dolphins for some White Dolphin which was ok. Checked out The Rookies, and a couple of other places. Think we found our way to the Bush Doctor for some nice Ice too.

Bigbird and I had to get ready to head for Rotterdam and the Dylan show. So I rolled a couple of big uns and away we went. After buying tickets to Rotterdam, we boarded an International train bound for Brussels, about 6pm. The train was full of students and other international travelers. We were out of Centraal about 10 minutes when the train came to a screeching halt. An announcement in Dutch informs us that a package has been found on the train and it is of a suspicious nature. So they must have the bomb squad come out and remove the package. I volunteered to throw it off the back of the train, but could find on takers. They made us all crowd into the first two cars while we waited for the all clear. Two hours later and well after the concert had started some 80 kilometers away, we knew we were screwed. We got off at Schiphol and caught a return to Amsterdam. We were back in Centraal by shortly after 9 and still had a fun night in Amsterdam as we could not let that get us down. I know we were out late and stopped thru the Last Waterhole sometime during the night. The next day was going to be the start of the Nolympics and everyone needed some rest, so I was in by 2am or so. I am sure I heard blackout and liteyouup drift in around 4.

Next, the Nolympics.

JohnnyHempseed
power poster
power poster

Re: Oh yeah, Friday.

Postby JohnnyHempseed » Mon Nov 07, 1:00 am

MileHighDenver wrote:We bought a little Amnesia Haze there and smoked it along with our omelets and toast. It was a very decent experience all around.

How did you get all that packed into a pipe??? it's hard enough to get the toast to squeeze that small...

BlueBerry
super power poster
super power poster

Postby BlueBerry » Mon Nov 07, 5:29 pm

wooo,, you was blurry... you left out the meetup at Stix at noon, where we met up with Pete and luapnor ;)

BlueBerry

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Ahhh, But???

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Nov 07, 6:53 pm

"The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind."
Man, you really get around MHD. What it would be like to travel a day in the steps of you.
Thanks for the report!!!
Many Best Regards,
LH

El Tesoro
power poster
power poster

Postby El Tesoro » Tue Nov 08, 1:51 am

Nice rebound from the bomb fiasco nightmare train, MHD. Well done, indeed.

I once had a nightmare experience like that, trying to get to a USA-Jamaica match back a few years ago at RFK. Missed the entire first half but had a great time partying with some Jamaica fans stuck like we were on the highway. Making the best of the situation, making the rest of the night pretty chill. Son was with me then, too, come to think of it.

All the best. Bring on the Nolympics!

El T

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”