MHD home after another great visit.

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

MHD home after another great visit.

Postby MileHighDenver » Sat Nov 05, 7:22 pm

Everything started off well. Bigbird flew into Denver from Texas (on a plane). We all met up at the airport and boarded the plane. The door closed on time and we are on our way. Three minutes after we leave the gate, the plane comes to a stop and the pilot announces that because of Hurricane Wilma there is only one runway taking planes in Philly. So must sit and wait until there is room to get our plane in. The pilot says he experiences this kind of thing all the time and even though the control tower says it may be an hour, his best guess is we will be underway in a few minutes. Two hours later the plane takes off. The pilot then announces that things have cleared up in Philly, and he has been ordered to get there as fast as possible. We may only land an hour and a half late he states. I know full well that the plane we are supposed to be on to A-dam has already left Philly. After we are on the ground and realize we have no choice but to stay the night in Philly, I am thinking, USAir will take good care of us. Wrong, they offered nothing at all except to get us on the next flight the next night. I will never fly USAir again. So at the phone bank in the terminal we managed to get one room at a shit hole “Econolodge” near the airport in Philly. The couple in the next room went at it all night long and she was a screamer.

Next morning my cell phone rings and it’s Birdman from NYC. He makes the day by driving all the way to Philly with blunts in hand and rescues us from a potentially awful day of waiting at the airport. He drove all of us into downtown Philly, past the famous Rocky steps to South Street. We toured most of downtown, both old and new and had an excellent time. He dropped us back at the airport in time for us to make the flight to our final destination, Amsterdam.

We managed to catch the train to Centraal and after a two minute walk we were standing at the counter of Centraal coffee shop. I will say right now, that I did not keep track of what I bought or where but did make note of the extreme standouts. We got good and stoned and walked to our apartment just off oude zuid achterburg wal in the RLD and met our landlady to get the keys and check out our pad for the next 7 nights. I found it on Rentalo.com. It was a nice split level apartment with two toilets and showers. It was well stocked with most everything we needed including coffee and toilet paper. So we did not need to make a store run first thing. I had made promises to everyone to go to Beverwijk and Haarlem on the first day and we got it done. We stopped in Haarlem first and walked to all three Willie Wortals. We found Nol at Indica in a pile of saw dust. The place looked a mess, some people had paint brushes in hand and hammer and nail. Within a day the place had completely transformed into one of the coolest coffee shops ever. It is much roomier, and the bathrooms are fit for a king. They had worked passed midnight to get the ceiling up and be ready for the Nolympics. After a nice visit with the Willy Wortals staff we walked back to the train station and headed for Beverwijk. We walked to my friends house said hello, collected my clothing and paraphernalia and walked to Shalom. This is a little neighborhood bar in Beverwijk with the best Scharma I know of. We had several beers and a great dinner of scharma in pitas with frits served by Sámi and Sámi, two cool Egyptian guys that have been in Beverwijk for many years. We have been there enough that we are recognized and always feel very welcome.

We got back to Amsterdam by 10pm and really needed a good night sleep as all the plane, train, and walking had taken its toll. We had a great first day in Mokum. That was Thursday and I really can’t remember what we did on Friday expect coffee shop crawl and eat well. I think we met up with Blueberry and her friend Kay somewhere.

So Saturday we knew we needed to be in Haarlem by 11am and we had no trouble getting there in good time by train again. Bigbird and I rented bikes from under the train station in Haarlem. 6E50 a day and I will never walk in Haarlem again. This may have been the best find of the Haarlem visits besides the Red Leb hash at Teehuis. For those that are intimidated by biking in Holland, this would be an excellent place to acclimate. Not nearly as crowded, and very easy to navigate by map. And just a very pleasant place.
The Nolympians were gathering at Sinsemilla and it was evident that this was the beginning of a great event. The first annual Nolympics at Willie Wortals.

More to come.
Last edited by MileHighDenver on Sat Nov 05, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Hippie Dave
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Old Hippie Dave » Sat Nov 05, 8:15 pm

you maineeack!

martin6661
power poster
power poster

Postby martin6661 » Sat Nov 05, 8:22 pm

Have a fantastic time MHD

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sat Nov 05, 10:52 pm

Here are the few photos I took.

www.thebigtrip.us/photo1Oct05.html

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Sun Nov 06, 12:05 am

more pics of Bear!

my dream come true.

WOOT!

johnyjoe
super power poster
super power poster

Postby johnyjoe » Sun Nov 06, 8:24 am

Thanks MHD for great trip report.....
Where is the location of The Taco Shop?

HighCountry
power poster
power poster

Postby HighCountry » Sun Nov 06, 2:06 pm

Good story and good pics. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear more.

Happy Trails....

Boner
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Boner » Sun Nov 06, 2:24 pm

Thanks for the report and piccies mhd!!

...Boner...

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Sun Nov 06, 2:44 pm

MHD: Wicked! .Peace bro.

martin6661
power poster
power poster

Postby martin6661 » Sun Nov 06, 4:27 pm

Thanks MHD !!Where is the fountain outside Cassa Rosa gone could'nt see it in your photo's

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Sun Nov 06, 4:54 pm

On 4 th photo down, of you guys walking across the bridge in the RLD...

A visit to legendary Sabrina? Her kamer is on the right.. , though we can't seem to see her there that day....

Dogbreath

El Tesoro
power poster
power poster

MHD Report

Postby El Tesoro » Sun Nov 06, 5:22 pm

Absolutely top shelf! Loved the pix. Alkmaar for usre on my next trip over. Thanks for sharing this cornucopia of literary and visual delights!

El T

Airline Guy
regular
regular

MHD

Postby Airline Guy » Sun Nov 06, 8:04 pm

I enjoyed the picks...thanks Buddy

Derwood Von Dutch
just in
just in

MHD's latest trip

Postby Derwood Von Dutch » Sun Nov 06, 8:10 pm

Great pics, nice narrative, took me back to a real good place. I'm almost salivating at the thought of my second trip set for the end of this month.
By the way, that pic of the the Bulldog, is that the leideseplein location?

steek
super poster
super poster

Re: MHD's latest trip

Postby steek » Sun Nov 06, 8:30 pm

Derwood Von Dutch wrote:By the way, that pic of the the Bulldog, is that the leideseplein location?

Yes.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Nov 07, 1:45 am

more, I want more!

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

As Usual, Dam Nice!!!

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Nov 07, 6:47 pm

What another wonderful adventure, and three towns on the first day, that is amazing.
I wished I could have been there with you, and know you must have a had a blast.
I hate you got delayed in Philly, as that can be a bummer when you miss a day in Dam.
However, on your return home, seems your hometown has now gotten a lot lighter on the smokers :-) What timing!!!

Thanks for the adventures MHD, wonderful indeed, especially the Nolympics, and I can just see Nol, persistantly getting thigs ready.
Many Best Regards,
LastHamlet

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Tue Nov 08, 1:45 am

nice bronc, nice

brandx

Postby brandx » Tue Nov 08, 4:52 am

X
Last edited by brandx on Wed Oct 03, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Nov 08, 10:09 pm

Hey, thanks for the nice responses. I will try to finish it by the coming weekend. Just the last day of the Nolympics and a couple of good days in Amsterdam just goofing off.

The Taco Shop is on Tolstraat in the Ouid Zuid, can't remember the number but it's not hard to spot.

Alas, the great penis fountain of Casa Rosa is no more then a memory. But they sure did a nice job of fixing that area in front up.

mhd

lctricity
super power poster
super power poster

Postby lctricity » Thu Nov 10, 2:10 am

Most excellent accounts, updates and pics.

Thanks for takin' the time!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”