Crossroads & Venues.... Part #9

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Crossroads & Venues.... Part #9

Postby LastHamlet » Thu Oct 27, 5:08 am

Blueberry Pancakes, Bicycles, and Birdman Saved My Ass!!!

Monday April 25th, 2005... The Shirt That Remained...

Dam, maybe I can catch Banks before his departure from Hotel Kap??? So, I bolted in stride. Man, even with my fastest dash through the alleyways, which were few, I missed him. Just 10 minutes late the hotel man said, and it was a shame, cause I would really liked to have wished him off. Dam, it’s those things you miss in Amsterdam, that can be so sad. So, next best thing I could do is blow some smoke in the air and wish my Brother a safe journey back home. Dam, he will be missed :-( I sure wished he could have stayed longer.

So, the walk back to the hotel, as at least there was much still left to do, and Banks would want things to carry on. He’s just that kind of fellow.

I wasn’t that hungry, so I only had a piece of toast and some juice in the breakfast room. However, I had brought down one of those shirts I had got from Birdman. This was the first day Berna had worked, since I showed them to her the other day, so I had a surprise for her. :-) You see, I bought 3 XL’s and 1 medium from the Birdman, and were to go as follows: The 1 medium is for Maid Marian, 1 XL is for my buddy back home, 1 XL for my AMS souvenir case, also back home, and 1 XL for myself. (All good plans, as they say.)
Well, in view of how leaving a piece of Channelite History behind, in some ways, would be befitting of such a time we all had in April of 2005. The more I had considered the idea, the more it was now becoming the thing to do. Berna had asked me to get her a shirt, cause the back of it was the same as the tattoo she had on her ankle. I could tell she really wanted one. So, now I leave my one XL in the cabinet most of the time, and wear it to only special events. (Hummm??? yet to wear it except in AMS a few times... I really need to make life more special, and wear the shirt at times back home.)
Simply ecstatic to get one of these, and she said to tell the fellow many thanks, and she owed him a big hug. Uhhh, maybe I should mention that I sort of told her, the fellow that brought them over, thought she should have one. YEP!, I lied, but nonetheless Birdman, if a young red-head girl comes up and gives you a hug in Holland, just say “You are welcome, Berna”, and all will be good. :-) Not that you would not have given one, just that all were spoken for, and what the heck, it was the least I could do.
Time to go drop the laundry off before Berna gives me a big hug too,,, Woops!!! tooooo late, should have seen that coming... You know, if I was 150 years younger???? Oh well, she is a very nice girl in her mid to late 20’s and rather cheerful addition to the Prinsenhof staff. Mark made a good move getting her, as she seems like a younger one of them...(Mark & Sabine that is.) With a bubbly personality, and yet most business-like, seemingly a perfect fit to the already loveable Prinsenhof people. So, oh yes, off to do some chores of the trip. Laundry dropped off around the corner, and a trip to the Cuyp Market for some postcards and such, and all seemed good.
Yeah, you can get postcards anywhere, I just like the stroll through the market, and to get some Vlaams Fritis. For some reasons, of which I do not know, the best panty lines seem to be viewable here, on the Cuyp Market... I could elaborate, but it is my thoughts that this place is one of the worlds’s best for such and the likes. :-) Why???? Maybe because I see a lot of what I like, a lot of the average, not overly primpy girls, here at the Albert Cuyp market. Maybe it is likely, just my strange perspective?, and that likely what it be.
Back near the Prinsengracht, and there is action on the boat deck, down the canal. Hey!!! why not see what’s going on??? What Luck be ahead of me???
So, here we were having this feast of a blueberry pancake plate, loaded with blueberries, and syrup. Dam!!! life just keeps getting better and better. I was piggin' out on these puppies, and had to, several times, tell the Birdman how he had taken blueberry pancakes to a whole new art form... SERIOUSLY!!! Here I was in the company of several of the 'Boat-Home stayers'... BoatHome??? because this floater makes for a dam fine home. What I would give to live on it. Hell, I would do all the yearly maintenance and repairs for stay there. With it's fine wood trim, and just big enough galley to hold 4 of us bb pancake eaters, at once. I was not worthy of such a feast, and as a result of having eaten 3 of those, I likely didn't have to eat till late in the evening. Much filling, and much delicious. High Kudos to the Birdman. (Little did I know, this was not the last 'High Kudos' to Birdman, on this day.)
With a bunch of after meal smoking and commotion going on, it seemed Wolfdangler had been coaxed into renting his own bike. I had memories of them on bikes last night in Haarlem, but maybe it was just one bike???? Maybe Wolf was on a loaner last night??? My how the memories run together in one's mind.??? So, with a bunch a gathering, a dash back to the hotel and we were all headed to Kerkstraat, to I believe 'Mike's Bikes' I heard somebody say. Nonetheless, it seemed to end up being a moot point as we went all the way up and down Kerkstraat and saw nothing. Strange, very strange indeed. We even had BB and Birdman scouting ahead on their bikes to see even further... Still, no bike rental shop...
Idea aborted, well place at least, and we were headed to Damrak to Damrak Bike Rentals. This place we knew existed, or at least we could find that shop. Hummmm,,, more to the thought was I had begun to get the curiosity of what a bike would be like in Holland. With only two full days left, this being one of them. With some really sore legs and knees, I had more than a curiosity, Hell!!! you ain't lived till you ride a bike in Holland. Now, more to that statement, you have not lived on the edge till you ride a bike in Amsterdam. :-) Saying that is not enough, not even close.
“We have bike riders in the USA, what's the problem Ol LastHamlet?” I heard somebody say. True enough, and we even have Lance Armstrong... However, he is a rarity in his field, so to speak. We, as a collective nation, and I was born and raised in the USA, have turned a bit on the lazy and out of shape side. As we look around at ourselves and our colleagues, we know we are not the finely honed machines we think we are, or should be, if the case may be. Maybe it's just me who needs to shape up??
Back to the point at hand,,,,, the highest rank on the street food-chain of Holland, is BICYCLES. They rule, and have right of way, on the streets, bike paths, hallways and toilets. (See one coming, move, likely you are in his trail.) Bicycle?????? Okay, I am gonna make the plunge and do it. I'll get just a basic bike, and hey even a basket would be good. Yeah, I know what you are thinking... A Grandma Bike,,,,, Yes indeed, I am old fashioned, and it bothers me not to ride a Grandma Bike, shit I am in essence a grandpa-like fellow, in many ways. So, with a deposit, Wolf was out the door, and headed off with BlueBerry to see the sights. We both had selected our bikes, but Wolf was first to rent.
Somehow, and maybe it was concern and a mixture of wondering what might happen to me, Birdman stayed around to lead me off. All I can say, is with a bunch of hits of ghanja in you, and some summoned courage, you might think you are brave, or bulletproof, but such proves to be not so true. Yeah, I thought I was bad, riding in the little alleyway where the bike rental shop was, uh huh, Yeah Right!!! Things would have been good, if the lay of the land was all like this alleyway, but as you know, rounding the curve, the end of the street away from Dam Square, you run right into Rokin. SURPRISE!!! Hope your skills are sharp. Well, for one the tram is rerouted to that side of the street, and it is immediately in your face.
At this point, and several others around the next curve or two, I didn’t have the heart to yell out and tell Birdman I was gonna die. To tell you the truth, if not for him, leading with that burnt orange jacket, I could have never found a good path.
With a safe landing at the Rookies, I was rather pumped with Adrenaline, and had no real way of expressing how much the Birdman had saved me. Much like ‘The Last Boy Scout’, much like the surprise that you never see coming. I did thank him for the guide, and I am not sure if he even knew how close to sheer fright I had come, back there on the trail. Nonetheless, it is true, as I was not sure I was gonna make it. Still, from my first rip on a bike, it was dam fabulous, and scary as hell at the same time.
With bikes locked, and I was the last, as those locks can be such a trip. Least you not forget your lock, cause you will certainly be bike-less in no time. So, in the shop I go after figuring the dam lock out, and everybody else is way ahead of me. Not a surprise on this trip, I am always a step behind, but at least in time for some of the ‘Bud Warz” smoke tasting festival. With voting by the appointed judges, it seems Moe had an 'Emerald Ij' of his own, to take back home. A seemingly grand tasting Kali Mist, from the West Coast had made its way here. Yep, all the way here, just to snag a prize for the best overall bud. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy, and none more persistent at his specifics. Sweet indeed, and seemingly had been a rather strong victory at that. Of course, I came in time to toke the roach of the victory joint, but even it was producing a prize winning taste. Thumbs up Moe, well deserved, and always a connoisseur of the fine smokes.
Somehow I had no notes or calendar for today’s events because it was to originally be my departure day, had I not got a two day reprieve from such departure:-) Without thinking, I just realized it, this meeting here was also for the 2nd Boat Ride, and I was not even booked for such. Nonetheless, I was the one to wish them off this time, as several had been for our first adventure. There they were, more numerous than can mention, and what a saga I could have written about this boat ride. (At least from what I hear later, I might have actually been killed for what I could have conjured up in my writings from the ‘Boat Ride’ this day.) Some things happen for a reason, and best not to question the outcome, but praise that they do,,, happen for a reason. Not that I would have been any trouble, but in writing things, I can really cook up an event... Really shake the shit out of it, so to speak.
Loads of people were there, as yet the trademark of the April 05 trip, seems to be consistent norm. Trekk was there, and actually had another bag of those “Goat-Ass Chips”, Shit!!! What are you doing with those?, I just had to ask. She bought them for me, How touching,,,, you really shouldn’t have,,, Really. Oh, she insisted in a most joking way, so how could I refuse???. I told her then, because I just knew it, that this bag of Goat-Ass Chips, was going to have a story behind it. Her reply was priceless,,, “I can’t wait to read about this bag of chips, it will be a story to read...” And, of course, laughed in that most charming way she has.
With the place full, they gathered the groups together and headed up the road to the canal for the 2-hour tour. I waved goodbye, and with their departure I really couldn’t wait to take the bike out again. Yeah, can’t wait to die can I??? So, with the chips in the basket I head off to get my laundry and drop it off at the Hotel. This being a back-road trip, and much slower than the mainstream bike traffic. Easier to become accustomed to the feel of this thing, if you know what I’m saying?.

Hey, you know, this ‘bicycle thing’ is the stuff.!!! With a few errands to run, I was finding this bike to be of the utmost use. In fact I was at Siberie Coffeeshop in a matter of minutes. Finding this to be a safe place to lock her down, I actually went toward Central, but got sidetracked at the Old Style. Something in the window??? Well, sort of???. I noticed as I walked by, the girl from the other day, who mentioned that the English Lady liked me. Funny thing, and how I missed it?, heaven only knows. The nice barkeeper told me she was pregnant, and due in 5 months. Now, that was a shock, and I swear she did not even show. I would have never known she was soon to be a Mom. And just think, likely the first Old Style employee pregnancy??? What things have come to pass at this home-base Coffeeshop I have know for so many years. So many indeed, as I dare to wonder what new things may come to pass??? In some small comparison, an ongoing “Cheers” saga, through the pages of time, through the pages of time, through the pages. I have come here to laugh, to smoke a fat joint, to be the fill-in Budtender, to dream, to leave and receive pictures, and to cry for them, others and myself. Oh, the years that have passed..........................

So, I headed to Central Station to acquire one of those "Stad & Streek Stamkaart-Abonnement" This particular card along with one of your Passport photos, which is laminated on, allows you to travel unlimited for 1 week in one zone. This also comes with a double sided sleeve, so you can easily fold it and put it in wallet or shirt pocket, and at 10.30 Euros, a true bargain. This was the card that Otis had showed me, and told me about earlier in the trip. If nothing but a souvenir, and the fact that it is renewable from week to week, and year to year, this is an item we all need.
With a few other things looked over, and things handled, I went to get "Old Jenny' (my bike). The name seemed to fit the reliable little bike, and so she became known as this for the rest of the time I had her. Sweet bike, with an old-world charm, that does more than take you through the streets of AMS quickly, but takes you back in time. The bike has a classic design giving meaning to peddling in time. Gives more to the air of memories of times gone by,,,, and I miss those memories. Just as the things we leave to the wayside, the things we cannot bring home, the things that still keep us coming back for more. I am ready to get to that bike(Old Jenny) and make my way through the city. To be honest, I had to make my way to Vishuisje Herengracht, a favorite of mine, when a Broodje is needed. Ah, but instead, I got something different. Why not?? it has to be good :-)
So, with a look at what appeared to be a breaded fish, in small pieces. It was called "Gebakken Kibbeling" I scored 300 grams for 3.20 Euros, and some white sauce(Like Tauter sauce), and commenced to munching-out. Well, like a lot of things, I am not really sure what type of fish this was, but it was f’’in killer, especially when dunked in that white sauce. Nothing like the herring, and rather like really good flounder in a way. I would suggest a 300 gram tray of this anytime,,,,, and don't forget the white sauce. :-)
With laundry scored, and tossed in basket with the Goat-Ass chips, which I was really hoping somebody would take, as they had been in the bike-basket since Rookies, I head to drop off at the hotel... Oh goodness, a mint on my pillow, and what is this??? Lingerie on the table, oh my goodness.... Yes, I am kidding, but it has been so long since I spoke of lingerie, I was jones’n... :-) However, there was a mint on the pillow, for real. Hummmmm? Maybe only 100 years younger??? Well, I do love to joke around :-) LOL...
Upon leaving the hotel I had to go down and say hello to BB and Wolf, who were sitting on the deck blazin' a joint. Both were laughing about the boat tour. I said “Wait, you two were not on the boat tour, were you?” No, but the boat come by here they told me. OHD was yelling and causing a stir at their B’room window... Now, that is truly romantic indeed. How can one be more moved than to have a boat, outside your boat, yelling for attention, while, shall we say, having fun. :-) Dam, it is funny and romantic, at the same time... Makes you want to rip your own shirt off :-)

Then, for a bit I conversed with the Wolf, as he took me back in time to some places I had never visited in Amsterdam. Places that no longer existed, or the name has changed to something else. What a fascinating view of some of the things that had gone by. He said he remembered a time when everything was “Rasta” this or “Rasta” that, and slowly, they became something else or were bought by Coffeeshop chains, or other coffeeshops owners altogether. What days have seen to the change in the eyes of the Wolf, as he seemed to almost be there in his mind, while unfolding the tale before me. Seeing yet a different side and places of Amsterdam than I, or BlueBerry for that matter. I was intrigued , and it seemed BB was equally intrigued with his through the years insight. A time where the Greenhouse Centrum was called something else,(I failed to write it down.) One place called ‘City Hall’ that I really must visit sometime, I remembered him speaking of.
Wolf could paint a pretty picture, or at least a vivid picture, that one really could “See’s it all.” As he spoke, it just seemed timeless, and it was just one of those times like you hear about, but never get to be in on. Where stories are real, where they do have a life of their own, and where things of an odd perspective, do come to life. Many Thanks Wolf, as I am sure BB has thanked you as well, for the interesting history lesson through the halls of your memory. It is times like these that I think to be of the utmost importance. Times where, you feel that things are trying to tell you something. I still wonder of all the things we see, and we might not even be aware we saw... Our minds might not let us. Here’s to the Pages, Wolf, and the timeless journey.
So, I bid the lovers farewell, and make a break for an evening shower, to freshen up a bit. More than that, I sat by the window, just thinking... Wolf had spoken of all the courtyard views, that few are privy to, and what few have seen so many of them. I also, having an inside view, or courtyard view, only a few times, really have come to enjoy the peace of it all. Of course, I enjoy the sights and sounds of it all as well. I enjoy seemingly all of Amsterdam, with whatever potion my mind has used to bias the eye, or heart, I love it all.
With a whistle in the air, and a fresh feeling to carry me, I peddle towards Siberie to get a couple of grams of the Tiger smoke and a hot chocolate, and I know the total already... 13.90 Euros, somehow, I can always remember that price. :-) Of course, that is not including the tip, and I try never to forget that. :-)
First a call back home, at the phones at Rembrandtplein, and then onward I go. Only a different air in the Siberie, and even a more chess-intensive crowd, than ever before. Even a rather intense chess enthusiast at my normal web-cam table. Rossini was her name, and she had more than the eye could see in tormented thoughts. (Later I could see more clearly into this.)
We chatted most of the time, while I smoked one of my ball-bat like joints. She, like several others I have encountered, got caught up in the ease of how myself, and other Americans for that matter, handle our Ghanja. I could see it in her eyes, as she asked for a hit off the joint. With caution I told her, this is straight weed, cause you saw me roll this up. “Ahhhh, I can handle it!!!” she said so convincingly. “Okay, you were warned” as I passed it over. No, it didn’t take a fortune teller to figure this one out... She lost her shit. Coughing her ass off, and all I could do was get her a soda. Even 20 minutes later, after I had finished the rest of the joint, she was still torn up from that one hit. I felt really bad, but asked her if she would be alright??? With a ‘trying to fool herself’ look, she told me she was going to be fine.
I decided to book on out, before causing anymore damage. The end of that,,,,,, NO WAY!!! I am still unlocking my bike when who should stumble out, but Rossini, and staggering a bit as well. Dam!, I was almost free. Not to be, as I felt so guilty for the joint damage, I offered her a ride to where she was going. Actually, it wasn’t that far, as it was a place called ‘Gambit’ on Prinsengracht Kort, I believe it was.
So, on the bike and off we go, and I tried to go slow as not to make her get sick. Even with the slow travel pace, in just a few minutes we were at her desired location. I figured I would come in to check the place out, at the very least. Seeing how this was mostly what she was talking about in Siberie, I could at least put faces to names she had mentioned. Well, this was when life got really strange, and I just should have known better.
First, I must ask you, “Have you ever been in a small establishment, and everybody in the place was way into chess? I mean WAY INTO CHESS, and not your garden variety match at Siberie(No disrespect intended.) I mean, even deeper than my love for the Ghanja, was this group’s love of chess, if you can imagine that???. It was, at best, a little strange. It seemed as we had arrived at a near end point of a tournament they were having, as there were only 6 contenders left when we arrived.(Three tables of one-on-one play. I got to say, and I am not sure why, but I felt as though at least a good portion of this room were highly intelligent people... I mean real highly at that. Albert Einstein, and weird ticks kind of intelligence. However, with there given knowledge, and their immense love of the game, they had almost let it consume them. As a complete outsider, I viewed this interesting group of people in sheer amazement. I knew these people were way beyond me in smarts, yet their entire world have become focused on one event, one pleasure, one main piece of this world,,, chess. I couldn’t understand it, but like many things that we as humans like, we become highly addicted to them.
Everything was chess related, everything I mean. The pictures on the wall, which included the great Bobby Fisher, were all past chess players and such of the likes. The conversations inside the Gambit were all about chess. I am not kidding you, it was a parallel world, and I’ll bet they even had chess pie in the kitchen... It was just a bit too much chess for me, the common person that is.
After nearly 2 hours in here, and BTW, the Barkeep had long closed the curtains and closed the place, but the last match still went on, I was bugging out. This, afterall, was not my true love, nor addiction, so it was becoming a bit of a ‘Twilight Zone’ Episode to me. Maybe in ways I should have learned something from them, but I feel it will take years for me to really understand... Just one of life’s puzzles, that I will have to unravel.
Well, I had to get out of there, or I felt I would become part of the permanent fixtures or something. I quietly told Rossini, that I was going outside for a minute, and excused myself. Hey, you guessed it, I was going to bolt out. Not that easy it seems. Just as I had unchained my bike and mounted the seat, when out the door pops Rossini. Whew, this was becoming redundant. Before I go any further, I will describe Rossini, then the story will be more in focus to the reader.
Rossini was 5’-5” tall, jet black hair, and really pale white skin. In a polite way as possible, was in need of a bath. She had big brown eyes that adorned her face, but with the smile that needed some major repairs. Skinny as a rail, and with her intense love of the game, that was not hard to figure out. Though in this badly painted woman, was a charm. Likely only I would say that, but I find charm in different ways than others. Hard to explain, other than to say I find charm in the tormented storms in life, as I am a tormented storm, myself.
Now back to the events at hand... Rossini asked quickly, but knew from my apparent position on the bike, was I headed out? “Yes, I am a bit tired and need to head to my hotel”, I said in a yawn-like voice. Replying she lived near the Artis Zoo, so I offered to get her a cab, as I was not going to peddle out there this late in the evening. She asked if I would be joining her in the cab, to which I was kind of in shock. In a no doubt strange tone I replied “Why?”. To this she floored me with her reply... “I thought we might have sex.” She boldly said. Uhhh, I was really in shock now, and nearly speechless.
Hummm, let me see??? Sure!!! I could use some ‘wiggle and giggle’, just like any red-blooded dude, and also true was that I hadn’t had any this trip,,,, none, nada, nothing. Though, I gave you her description, and just for a second, in my mind’s eye, I was throwing her in a tub, wiping her off and tearing that stuff up. Well, I had to dismiss that idea, as it was just a fleeting thought... Hummmmm, the conundrums in life??? Nonetheless, and I have been told I am a rare individual, I had to respectfully decline her offer, and it was a really kind “no” at that. Loaded full of “I am really beat’s” and “I’m not worthy’s”, but in my heart, I knew the real answer... We were cut of different fibers, and we would not have blended very well. Even more than that, I really didn’t feel like having sex, and not just with her I felt that way, but sex with no one at all.
I was expecting an awkward moment, but such wasn’t the case. She wished me a good evening, I her, the same, and I faded into the night. Literally, faded into the night. Sure, I am a guy, and heading back to the hotel, I did for a second kick myself for not taking her up on the offer, but I just felt I could be of no use to anyone at this juncture in my life... A somewhat trying and a bit confusing crossroads I am on. Wondrous even so, but still uncertain.

Glad to be back in my room, and yes I was alone, but somehow comforted by the spirit of the Channels that still lingered about the city. Somehow, even when you are not able to see them, there is strength in numbers. Especially when they are Channelites, it’s just a hard thing to explain.
Oh yeah, What the hell am I gonna do with these Goat-Ass Chips???

The Best Of Regards,
LastHamlet

JohnnyHempseed
power poster
power poster

Postby JohnnyHempseed » Thu Oct 27, 10:40 pm

what can i say?? yet ANOTHER great read by the Great LastHamlet! Thanx.

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Fri Oct 28, 7:16 pm

JohnnyHempseed wrote:what can i say?? yet ANOTHER great read by the Great LastHamlet! Thanx.

Good stuff LH! Just like being there. On with the show!
.Peace.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sat Oct 29, 7:17 pm

Great piece of work as usual, LastHamlet... and might this be a preview of things to come with the red haired one?

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Well, as Times Would Have It... NADA Continued.

Postby LastHamlet » Mon Oct 31, 12:43 pm

Many Thanks for reading, and I only have a small bit of the show, left to go. :-(
Don't I wished, Banks. Being at least a hundred years before her time, makes it also a 'different cloth' kind of blend, and I am affraid the "none, nada, nothing" continued to the end of the journey... That in itself is an odd twist, and was indeed a first, for me.
However, how close you are to the oddest twist??? ;-)

These were the days of a confused 'mad-man' on a journey to find the remains of himself, and days of a new era (or error), to which every day seems a new search... Every, Single, Day.

"These Are Days,,,, To Remember..."

Many Best Regards,
LastHamlet

Max Flower
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Max Flower » Tue Nov 01, 5:42 pm

The most excellent saga continues, man LH you sure can yarn up a trip report, I love the part about Rossini and the chess nerds, and you "fading into the night" after, nice touch. Thank you.

MF

sidhe333
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby sidhe333 » Thu Nov 03, 4:59 am

a ripping good yarn!
you have an wonderful eye for nuance, and detail.
bet you take good photos...

s:.

viking
super power poster
super power poster

Postby viking » Thu Nov 03, 6:06 pm

Thanks once again, LH, for a terrific read:)

I also have passed some killer j's to people and
seen them have a hard time handling what I smoke
constantly in the Dam. Like you, I warn them first, but........

Sir Ian of Tokesville
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Sir Ian of Tokesville » Fri Nov 04, 11:40 am

viking wrote:Thanks once again, LH, for a terrific read:)

I also have passed some killer j's to people and
seen them have a hard time handling what I smoke
constantly in the Dam. Like you, I warn them first, but........

.......and although they might be able to stand up afterwards, find their coat, pick up their shit.......it's the spiral staircase that always catches them out.... the ultimate sobriety test Imo.

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

I'll say

Postby LastHamlet » Sat Nov 05, 12:41 am

Many Thanks, Fellows.
Yep, fading into the night seemed to be my best talent on this journey, Max. The steps not taken, always make me wonder???
Sid, yours is a smoking report, and more interesting to boot.(And I do mean Smoking!!!)

They just think the warning is a joke, Viking... Yet, we really try to warn them. I think they get caught up in the moment. However, there is Nol, the Dutchman that can hang with any American. Man, I miss his Ij hash collection, and Dragon Puffer Pipe, what a blast we had, literally.

"the ultimate sobriety test Imo." Good words Sir Ivan, good words indeed. Especially if it happens to be the spiral staircase of the Stix Coffeeshop on Utrech. That one, would sober you up quick, after the fall of course. :-)

Many Best Regards,
LastHamlet

El Tesoro
power poster
power poster

Yes!

Postby El Tesoro » Sun Nov 06, 11:24 pm

Great report, man, detailed and intimate. A joy to read.

Women: Can't live with them, can't leagally hunt 'em. :)

Dam!

El T

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Nov 08, 6:02 am

Yep, being there in some of your stories, either directly or quite indirectly and then reading about it from a completely different set of eyes, ears, and thought, is priceless. Thanks LH.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Sat Jan 30, 9:53 pm

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”